Lumintop GT micro

756 posts / 0 new
Last post
BVH
BVH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 17 hours ago
Joined: 07/28/2017 - 18:43
Posts: 142

m4d, are you affiliated with the newer Firefoxes 5 HID? If so, is there a GB here on FF?

WWII 60" Carbon Arc (Sold), 1.6KW NightSun, 1KW VSS-3A, .8KW TrakkaBeam, 600W M-134 Light, PolarLi 500 Watt 114MCP Custom, 500W X-500-14s, 500W Starburst, 500W A120b, 450 Watt AEG German Leopard 1 Tank Light, Enderman CFT-90 Syniosbeam, 300W Locators, Megaray, 150W Communicator, Maxabeam Gen3, Pichel 75W Mini-Novas

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 4181
Location: US

I would be interested in the Fire foxes FF5 GB too. 10k lumens at 2000m throw with a relatively small size is just incredible. I found some photos of it on google. That tint is just gorgeous. I doubt LED flashlights will even reach that kind of performance in another 5 years.

M4D M4X
M4D M4X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 03/19/2014 - 05:17
Posts: 8789
Location: Austria (GMT + 1)

i already shared my desl for the FF5 Wink

FIRE-FOXES FF5 XENON HID 10000LM 2000M (4300k/6500k)

(to my knowledge only Neal sells them atm)

 all new deals are also posted here: deals.m4dm4x.com
if you do not find what you are looking for :

ask MARTIN@M4DM4X.COM - i will save you money!

Danthemanz
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 5 days ago
Joined: 03/11/2020 - 20:25
Posts: 109
Location: Sydney, Australia

Finally got myself a GT Micro.
Love the design and the size, with my Shockly 1000 5A its amazing. The throw is just epic for something ssssoooo small – Pretty impressed with the mini that arrived at the same time too!
Unfortnatly im not really one for the ~70CRI Cree emitters. I really want to try my lovely pink 80CRI XP-L HI 3000k that i put in so many lights.
I do apprecaite the 4000k, but a rosy 5D it most certainly is not.

THE GLUE ITS DRIVING ME NUTS. I dont understand why they did it, the Mini just unscrews!
I tried my usual 2 x strap wrenches but i just cant get it off.
SUCH a waste of an amazing light. I might have to pickup the Osram one though as thats another emitter i wanted to try.

Does anyone think that heating it up with a heat gun might help?
It couldnt be too hot as id have to still put the rubber strap wrenches on it. I dont really have much in the way of industral vices either, just my cheap little soldering ones.

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 4181
Location: US

The GT Micros I bought from last year definitely is the 5D rosy tint. Not sure if it’s a different batch of emitters as they vary from batch to batch.

Btw, does anyone know what driver the GT Micro with the Osram CSLNM1.TG uses? I’m wondering if using the Vapcell H10 10A cell will kill the driver if it is not limited to 5A.
https://www.nealsgadgets.com/products/lumintop-gt-micro-osram-led-flashl...

Tom E
Tom E's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 08/19/2012 - 08:23
Posts: 13589
Location: LI NY

I don't believe there's anything special for current limiting, unless they used reduced size LED wires or/and made them longer. I'm not sure - I don't have one, but doubt they changed the driver.

lite624
Online
Last seen: 8 min 9 sec ago
Joined: 06/30/2020 - 12:02
Posts: 8

the GT Micro osram version is currently out of stock, any idea when will it be available again?

ch1ir
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 15 min ago
Joined: 06/08/2019 - 06:30
Posts: 293
Location: Lou, Ky

In

Emisar D⁴, Astrolux C8, BLF A6, Sofirn sp36aV2, Reylight Mini Pineapple, BLF 348 KillZone, Lumintop IYP07, Emisar D18, Boruit D10, Manker e01, Ultrafire z1, Massdrop titanium AAA, Astrolux HL01, Armytek Wizard Pro Nichia, Tacklife LFL3A, Astrolux FT03, Zanflair T1

M4D M4X
M4D M4X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 03/19/2014 - 05:17
Posts: 8789
Location: Austria (GMT + 1)

lite624 wrote:
the GT Micro osram version is currently out of stock, any idea when will it be available again?

 

i try to find out

 

 all new deals are also posted here: deals.m4dm4x.com
if you do not find what you are looking for :

ask MARTIN@M4DM4X.COM - i will save you money!

CamoNinja
CamoNinja's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 09/02/2011 - 19:12
Posts: 31
Location: S Florida

What cell is everyone using ? The Vapcell 14500 1000mah Gold ?

Thanks

Itsme
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 hours ago
Joined: 07/18/2017 - 00:47
Posts: 562
Location: Canada

CamoNinja wrote:
What cell is everyone using ? The Vapcell 14500 1000mah Gold ?

Thanks

I got the KeepPower 14500 1000mah battery with my purchase and have been really with these cells so far

CamoNinja
CamoNinja's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 09/02/2011 - 19:12
Posts: 31
Location: S Florida

Thanks

Danthemanz
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 5 days ago
Joined: 03/11/2020 - 20:25
Posts: 109
Location: Sydney, Australia

Shockly 1000mah 5A. Cant fault it in any device, its certainly brought the 14500 up near the level of the 18350.
Still think the 2000mah 18500 is the sweet spot for a small EDC though.

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 12860
Location: nyc

Plain ol’ EBL 14500 since I got it. Tried a Vapcell no-number, just 650mAH/7A cell, but didn’t measure tailcap current or anything.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 2841
Location: Sweden

i read on FB copper micro and edc 18 is on its way..

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

              つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

id30209
id30209's picture
Offline
Last seen: 32 min 30 sec ago
Joined: 05/17/2018 - 12:20
Posts: 1490
Location: Croatia

mortuus wrote:
i read on FB copper micro and edc 18 is on its way..

WTB Titanium 4sevens 2xAA tube

M4D M4X
M4D M4X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 03/19/2014 - 05:17
Posts: 8789
Location: Austria (GMT + 1)

micro copper will get a osram

 

 all new deals are also posted here: deals.m4dm4x.com
if you do not find what you are looking for :

ask MARTIN@M4DM4X.COM - i will save you money!

d_t_a
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 31 min ago
Joined: 08/04/2017 - 23:58
Posts: 2105
Location: Manila, Philippines
M4D M4X wrote:

micro copper will get a osram


 

Hoping they’re optimize the reflector of the Osram-based GT Micro. Seem to recall seeing some report that it’s not perfectly focused if GT Micro (XPL-Hi) then simple LED swap to Osram NM1?

Danthemanz
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 5 days ago
Joined: 03/11/2020 - 20:25
Posts: 109
Location: Sydney, Australia

To be honest, i struggle with the focus on an aftermarket XP-L HI, cant remember before i swapped it though. (Yes i FINALLY managed to get the bezel off!)
The Copper Micro is on the Lumintop website now, i got an email.
I think id rather just get another Alu myself, with native Osram when its available.
Its quite an amazing light. I cant think of anything that has a large and deep reflector as this and still fits in your pocket. TBH though i would prefer a slightly wider battery, eg. 18500 withut having to step up to the Mini.

Zunkted
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 5 days ago
Joined: 04/11/2019 - 20:18
Posts: 32
d_t_a wrote:
M4D M4X wrote:

micro copper will get a osram


 

Hoping they’re optimize the reflector of the Osram-based GT Micro. Seem to recall seeing some report that it’s not perfectly focused if GT Micro (XPL-Hi) then simple LED swap to Osram NM1?

Will the ORBTRONIC 14500 1100mAh have enough amps to power this on turbo?

aidungeon
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 days ago
Joined: 08/31/2020 - 03:12
Posts: 1
Location: us

Great product

id30209
id30209's picture
Offline
Last seen: 32 min 30 sec ago
Joined: 05/17/2018 - 12:20
Posts: 1490
Location: Croatia

Zunkted wrote:
 Will the ORBTRONIC 14500 1100mAh have enough amps to power this on turbo?

 

I have 2. One is triping protection on turbo and other one is OK

WTB Titanium 4sevens 2xAA tube

id30209
id30209's picture
Offline
Last seen: 32 min 30 sec ago
Joined: 05/17/2018 - 12:20
Posts: 1490
Location: Croatia

Have you seen GT Micro Titanium? Posted in Lumintop FB group

WTB Titanium 4sevens 2xAA tube

Sillen
Sillen's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 19 sec ago
Joined: 08/01/2018 - 06:39
Posts: 470
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Danthemanz wrote:
To be honest, i struggle with the focus on an aftermarket XP-L HI, cant remember before i swapped it though. (Yes i FINALLY managed to get the bezel off!) The Copper Micro is on the Lumintop website now, i got an email. I think id rather just get another Alu myself, with native Osram when its available. Its quite an amazing light. I cant think of anything that has a large and deep reflector as this and still fits in your pocket. TBH though i would prefer a slightly wider battery, eg. 18500 withut having to step up to the Mini.

Wow, something caught my eye and make me look twice. Danthemanz of OCAU fame Big Smile Funny that we both have baby avatars at OCAU too.

On topic, what’s wrong with Osram in the Micro? Mrs Sillen loves my original GT Micro NW and wants me to order the copper version. Who am I to argue, unless there is a technical issue.?

Edit: Any discount codes for the copper micro.

daffyh67
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 20 hours ago
Joined: 07/30/2019 - 02:48
Posts: 12
Sillen wrote:
Danthemanz wrote:
To be honest, i struggle with the focus on an aftermarket XP-L HI, cant remember before i swapped it though. (Yes i FINALLY managed to get the bezel off!) The Copper Micro is on the Lumintop website now, i got an email. I think id rather just get another Alu myself, with native Osram when its available. Its quite an amazing light. I cant think of anything that has a large and deep reflector as this and still fits in your pocket. TBH though i would prefer a slightly wider battery, eg. 18500 withut having to step up to the Mini.

Wow, something caught my eye and make me look twice. Danthemanz of OCAU fame Big Smile Funny that we both have baby avatars at OCAU too.

On topic, what’s wrong with Osram in the Micro? Mrs Sillen loves my original GT Micro NW and wants me to order the copper version. Who am I to argue, unless there is a technical issue.?

Edit: Any discount codes for the copper micro.


Have not been to OCAU in years was a regular many eons ago
Streamtronics
Streamtronics's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 12 hours ago
Joined: 01/02/2019 - 19:14
Posts: 65
Location: Germany

I just got my KR1 with W1 in and I'm wondering how they would compare. Can this new GT micro with the W1 really be so much better? I'm not sure if I should trust both noctigon's and lumintop's numbers or just one of them lol. The GT micro is also rated at 700lm where the KR1 is rated 900lm... so the GT mini is supposed to throw better, with less light, but a reflector the same size as the KR1? Or is it bigger? 

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 4181
Location: US

The KR1’s OTF lumen cannot be 900 lumens. That is likely the LED lumens. Both lights should make about the same lumen output but GT micro has a slightly larger diamwter head so should throw a bit farther.

Majoroverkill
Majoroverkill's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 day ago
Joined: 01/12/2017 - 17:13
Posts: 961
Location: Nevada
M4D M4X wrote:



joechina wrote:
Here is the manual for the GT micro. As I wrote it I had no numbers for lumens and throw. So the printed manual from Lumintop can differ on that and the logo, the rest should be the same. I hope that helps the first buyers https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gasmR8hXjyFKTRAYjOhWIn1zcnv_hWQ2/view?u... (2019-03-21)

It’s been almost a couple years now for the GT MICRO, Is there any plans for a possible GT MICRO PRO? I love my MICRO but it would be amazing to have this in the PRO lineup as well. Any thoughts Big Smile

Doug S.

Schoki
Schoki's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 03/27/2017 - 15:34
Posts: 222
Location: Germany
Majoroverkill wrote:
It’s been almost a couple years now for the GT MICRO, Is there any plans for a possible GT MICRO PRO? I love my MICRO but it would be amazing to have this in the PRO lineup as well. Any thoughts Big Smile

What changes would you expect for the PRO version (regarding emitter and driver as well)?

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 16 hours ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3834
Location: RO
Streamtronics wrote:

I just got my KR1 with W1 in and I’m wondering how they would compare. Can this new GT micro with the W1 really be so much better? I’m not sure if I should trust both noctigon’s and lumintop’s numbers or just one of them lol. The GT micro is also rated at 700lm where the KR1 is rated 900lm… so the GT mini is supposed to throw better, with less light, but a reflector the same size as the KR1? Or is it bigger? 

W1 come in different bins, not all bins are identical, not all lumens are identical just because something uses W1, so you do not know if the lumens are 900lm OTF or 750lm OTF.
Slightly larger head does not automatically mean better throw with W1 which requires the reflector be be deliberately made for it.

So it is 36mm vs 35mm head, how is 1mm in diameter going to make the 48% percentage difference from 110Kcd on the KR1 to the 163KCd on the GT Micro. So then if would be with 4mm larger head then it would throw 200% better? Big Smile

Going past 5A does not bring anyting but lower output. For example at 6A the output is the same as at 3.3A, so more current is exactly less in the case of this LED.

14500 cannot even compare to a high current 18650 in maintaining voltage under load, you are not going to have the same throw after not much runtime on the 14500.

Now actual candela throw numbers and actual current of the LED tell how it throws and at what current, rest will be pretty much speculation.

Pages