【convoy】L6 GT-FC40 high CRI on sale now

4626 posts / 0 new
Last post
ggf31416
Online
Last seen: 9 min 22 sec ago
Joined: 02/25/2016 - 17:38
Posts: 629
Location: Uruguay

The CULPM1 in Convoy store is 8RF, the 5th bin of 7, 1690 lm – 1900 lm in the range 1320 lm – 2120 lm at 6A.
The CSLPM1 is 5P, the 2nd bin of 4, 450 lm – 500 lm in the range 400 lm – 630 lm at 1.4A.

The bins are not directly comparable, but the CULMP1 bin apparently is better than average while the CSLPM1 is just average.

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 931
Location: China,Dong guan
MoreLumens wrote:
Any news about GT driver?

1-2 weeks

MoreLumens
MoreLumens's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 10/25/2019 - 07:08
Posts: 1335
Location: Finland
Simon Mao wrote:
MoreLumens wrote:
Any news about GT driver?

1-2 weeks

Thumbs Up
stephenk
stephenk's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 01/30/2016 - 05:09
Posts: 1547
Location: Australia

Just added a LH351D in 2700k and 5700k to my collection. (Note: the LH351D were on 10%, XM-L2 8×7135 on 35%, and 219C/SST-20 4×7135 on 100%)
Left to Right – Cree XM-L2 6500k, Cree XM-L2 4500k, Cree XM-L2 3000k, Samsung LH351D 5700k, Samsung LH351D 2700k, Nichia 219C 5700k, Luminus SST-20 2700k.

ggf31416
Online
Last seen: 9 min 22 sec ago
Joined: 02/25/2016 - 17:38
Posts: 629
Location: Uruguay
jasontheguitarist
Offline
Last seen: 44 min 9 sec ago
Joined: 02/25/2019 - 11:45
Posts: 267
Location: South Carolina
ggf31416 wrote:
Simon just added 8*7135 12-groups driver with temperature control

It’d be better if it was a 3A version of the 5A 12 group driver. Constant current, and single sided.

This one looks like a slight modification to the old 7135 driver. Same doubled sided issues with the S2+.

Does anyone else hate soldering drivers to pills? It’s a mess and it’s hard to reverse later for swapping parts around.

Ryzbor
Ryzbor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 15 hours ago
Joined: 01/21/2018 - 10:52
Posts: 374
Location: Poland
Quote:
tap the switch 20 times quickly to enter into config mode

This is a big step. Kudos for Simon for implementing it. With the 10 times tap I keep entering the config mode unintentionally which is very frustrating. With this driver that won’t happen anymore.

@Simon, when will the 5A 12 group driver receive this update?

virence.com Nichia E21A sw30+sw40 Wizard Pro ; Skilhunt H03 XP-E2 660nm ; Wizard Pro E21A 2000K ; S2+ E21A sw40 d220 ; Sofrin C01R 660nm, Mf01 Mini Nichia 219B sw35+sw40

Chatika vas Paus
Chatika vas Paus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 09/03/2017 - 13:46
Posts: 1014

It’s already here. 17mm, 20mm, 22mm, boost 20mm, boost 22mm and 8A already have 20 clicks. I just don’t know if the boost for xhp70 is with the new soft.

iamlucky13
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 30 min ago
Joined: 06/22/2018 - 09:18
Posts: 946
Location: USA
jasontheguitarist wrote:
ggf31416 wrote:
Simon just added 8*7135 12-groups driver with temperature control

It’d be better if it was a 3A version of the 5A 12 group driver. Constant current, and single sided.

This one looks like a slight modification to the old 7135 driver. Same doubled sided issues with the S2+.

Does anyone else hate soldering drivers to pills? It’s a mess and it’s hard to reverse later for swapping parts around.

I trimmed retaining rings to fit. This is also tedious, but I didn’t even want to go down the road of heat up the entire pill.

I thought I only had to do this because I used QLite drivers. Does the Convoy 8 × 7135 driver interfere with the retaining ring, too?

hodor
hodor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 07/11/2018 - 03:58
Posts: 1056
Location: UK

Is there any way to disable mode memory on T2 (latest version)?

jasontheguitarist
Offline
Last seen: 44 min 9 sec ago
Joined: 02/25/2019 - 11:45
Posts: 267
Location: South Carolina
iamlucky13 wrote:
jasontheguitarist wrote:
ggf31416 wrote:
Simon just added 8*7135 12-groups driver with temperature control

It’d be better if it was a 3A version of the 5A 12 group driver. Constant current, and single sided.

This one looks like a slight modification to the old 7135 driver. Same doubled sided issues with the S2+.

Does anyone else hate soldering drivers to pills? It’s a mess and it’s hard to reverse later for swapping parts around.

I trimmed retaining rings to fit. This is also tedious, but I didn’t even want to go down the road of heat up the entire pill.

I thought I only had to do this because I used QLite drivers. Does the Convoy 8 × 7135 driver interfere with the retaining ring, too?

The convoy 7135×8 is pretty much the exact same driver with different software and it’s red instead of green.

jasontheguitarist
Offline
Last seen: 44 min 9 sec ago
Joined: 02/25/2019 - 11:45
Posts: 267
Location: South Carolina
hodor wrote:
Is there any way to disable mode memory on T2 (latest version)?

Probably not. I wish it had a programmable driver. At least memory on/off.

It’s possible. Reylight has a AA/14500 driver with programmable modes and memory on/off.

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 931
Location: China,Dong guan
Ryzbor wrote:
Quote:
tap the switch 20 times quickly to enter into config mode

This is a big step. Kudos for Simon for implementing it. With the 10 times tap I keep entering the config mode unintentionally which is very frustrating. With this driver that won’t happen anymore.

@Simon, when will the 5A 12 group driver receive this update?

The 5A 12 group driver has been updated several months ago.

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 931
Location: China,Dong guan
jasontheguitarist wrote:
hodor wrote:
Is there any way to disable mode memory on T2 (latest version)?

Probably not. I wish it had a programmable driver. At least memory on/off.

It’s possible. Reylight has a AA/14500 driver with programmable modes and memory on/off.

AA/14500 driver can use 12 groups program, but the cost will increase greatly. Because T2 did not sell much before, I did not consider producing this driver.

DTales
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 1 hour ago
Joined: 12/15/2020 - 18:31
Posts: 12
hodor wrote:
Is there any way to disable mode memory on T2 (latest version)?

The T2 takes a 17mm driver, so you can replace it worst case.

Ryzbor
Ryzbor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 15 hours ago
Joined: 01/21/2018 - 10:52
Posts: 374
Location: Poland
Simon Mao wrote:
The 5A 12 group driver has been updated several months ago.

My bad. The ui chart still mentions 10 clicks so I was confused.

Anyway, a big step. My S2+ with the 5A driver, E21A 4000K D220 quad led, 60dg tir and removed glass i currently my most used flashlight.

virence.com Nichia E21A sw30+sw40 Wizard Pro ; Skilhunt H03 XP-E2 660nm ; Wizard Pro E21A 2000K ; S2+ E21A sw40 d220 ; Sofrin C01R 660nm, Mf01 Mini Nichia 219B sw35+sw40

jasontheguitarist
Offline
Last seen: 44 min 9 sec ago
Joined: 02/25/2019 - 11:45
Posts: 267
Location: South Carolina

There seems to be some margin for error with the new drivers (like there was with the old drivers…)

I have 3 of the new 17mm 5A 12 group drivers. One of them acts strange. When programming the light the LED remains on but dim in between programming blinks, and seems to have a much higher lowest mode than the other two.

The other two drivers work as expected, the LED is off between programming blinks and the lowest mode is pretty low.

I ordered a few more to mess around with. I’ve used two of them to make S2+ triples.

hodor
hodor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 07/11/2018 - 03:58
Posts: 1056
Location: UK

Some 14500 cells (such as Shockli 1000mAh) don’t fit in the T2.

Simon Mao wrote:
jasontheguitarist wrote:
hodor wrote:
Is there any way to disable mode memory on T2 (latest version)?

Probably not. I wish it had a programmable driver. At least memory on/off.

It’s possible. Reylight has a AA/14500 driver with programmable modes and memory on/off.

AA/14500 driver can use 12 groups program, but the cost will increase greatly. Because T2 did not sell much before, I did not consider producing this driver.

I’m OK with it at this price point Thumbs Up .

Has the latest version been more successful? Would be nice to get it in the new S21A colours (specifically the green and orange) Innocent .

zaxar0580
zaxar0580's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 02/17/2019 - 15:59
Posts: 68

Simon Mao, on my flashlight from the last order (convoy s2 + LH351D 5 Amperes), a shunt in the spring from the side of the button fell off, and this happened almost immediately, literally after 2-3 battery replacements. I don’t know how to do soldering and I don’t have a soldering iron! The question is: what are the consequences?

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 931
Location: China,Dong guan
zaxar0580 wrote:
Simon Mao, on my flashlight from the last order (convoy s2 + LH351D 5 Amperes), a shunt in the spring from the side of the button fell off, and this happened almost immediately, literally after 2-3 battery replacements. I don’t know how to do soldering and I don’t have a soldering iron! The question is: what are the consequences?

It is possible that because the internal resistance becomes larger, the low-voltage protection will be entered in advance. I have a switch with a copper spring, which can be sent to you for replacement.

alex64
alex64's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 20 hours ago
Joined: 03/16/2017 - 01:42
Posts: 155
Location: Balearic Islands

hodor wrote:
Some 14500 cells (such as Shockli 1000mAh) don’t fit in the T2.



Lumintop 14500 fits perfect in T2 but for me not worth use it because the difference of power with AA it’s very small.
nick779
nick779's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 03/09/2018 - 15:46
Posts: 450
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

hodor wrote:
Some 14500 cells (such as Shockli 1000mAh) don’t fit in the T2.

Well, that’s a shame. I have some button top 1000mah Vapcells I was hoping to use with the T2 I just ordered. Might need to look into what is preventing the fit.
On another note, I’m looking forward to my M21C-U XHP70.2 and another simple S2+ with a Dogfart and the new FET driver from the same order.

I wish we had figures for the new XHP35 HI offering in the M21C though, I would have maybe bought another if there were candela ratings available.

zaxar0580
zaxar0580's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 02/17/2019 - 15:59
Posts: 68
Simon Mao wrote:
zaxar0580 wrote:
Simon Mao, on my flashlight from the last order (convoy s2 + LH351D 5 Amperes), a shunt in the spring from the side of the button fell off, and this happened almost immediately, literally after 2-3 battery replacements. I don’t know how to do soldering and I don’t have a soldering iron! The question is: what are the consequences?

It is possible that because the internal resistance becomes larger, the low-voltage protection will be entered in advance. I have a switch with a copper spring, which can be sent to you for replacement.


this is great news, I will write to you in the store! Many thanks! Thumbs Up
d_t_a
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 48 min ago
Joined: 08/04/2017 - 23:58
Posts: 2313
Location: Manila, Philippines

jasontheguitarist wrote:
There seems to be some margin for error with the new drivers (like there was with the old drivers...) I have 3 of the new 17mm 5A 12 group drivers. One of them acts strange. When programming the light the LED remains on but dim in between programming blinks, and seems to have a much higher lowest mode than the other two. The other two drivers work as expected, the LED is off between programming blinks and the lowest mode is pretty low. I ordered a few more to mess around with. I've used two of them to make S2+ triples.

 

So would it be correct to say that it appears this is a driver issue/inconsistency rather than the LED type the driver is used on?

I've had a few different Convoy lights that use this 12-mode (Biscotti clone, not the original Biscotti) driver, and also noted that for some lights, when doing voltage check:
- on some flashlights, the main LED stays on at a dim mode, while it "blinks (brighter)" out the voltage count
- on some flashlights, the main LED is off, while blinking the voltage count

(for comparison, on the original Biscotti, when doing "voltage check" mode, the main light is Off in between the "blinks" for voltage count)

The issue you mentioned might be related to the observation I noticed (main LED is dim, or main LED is Off in between blinks)

Tangra
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 08/01/2016 - 05:33
Posts: 507
Location: Europe

What is the difference between this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001866355467.html?spm=2114.12010612....
and this:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002244951138.html?spm=2114.12010612....
version of M21B with XHP50.2?
OK, first one is 3V LED, but for second one, there is no info.

Lux-Perpetua
Lux-Perpetua's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 min 52 sec ago
Joined: 03/01/2018 - 04:39
Posts: 2898
Location: at the end of the light beam

The first one uses XHP50.2 3V (FET driver), the second one uses XHP50.2 6V (boost driver).

stephenk
stephenk's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 01/30/2016 - 05:09
Posts: 1547
Location: Australia
ggf31416 wrote:
Simon just added 8*7135 12-groups driver with temperature control

Does this have the alternating frequency strobe as per Biscotti, or a constant frequency strobe?

BurningPlayd0h
BurningPlayd0h's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 06/22/2018 - 02:16
Posts: 1688
Location: MN
Tangra wrote:
What is the difference between this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001866355467.html?spm=2114.12010612.... and this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002244951138.html?spm=2114.12010612.... version of M21B with XHP50.2? OK, first one is 3V LED, but for second one, there is no info.

As of right now if there is a choice of color temp below 5000K for XHP50.2, that means it is 6V.

ggf31416
Online
Last seen: 9 min 22 sec ago
Joined: 02/25/2016 - 17:38
Posts: 629
Location: Uruguay

The 6V will be more efficient because of the boost driver, both drivers will output ~18W (3V * 6A or 6V * 3A). A normal XHP50.2 will be 6A, if it’s 3V it will say so.

@stephenk You may need to contact Simon about the needs of the light painter community.

jasontheguitarist
Offline
Last seen: 44 min 9 sec ago
Joined: 02/25/2019 - 11:45
Posts: 267
Location: South Carolina
d_t_a wrote:

jasontheguitarist wrote:
There seems to be some margin for error with the new drivers (like there was with the old drivers…) I have 3 of the new 17mm 5A 12 group drivers. One of them acts strange. When programming the light the LED remains on but dim in between programming blinks, and seems to have a much higher lowest mode than the other two. The other two drivers work as expected, the LED is off between programming blinks and the lowest mode is pretty low. I ordered a few more to mess around with. I’ve used two of them to make S2+ triples.

 


So would it be correct to say that it appears this is a driver issue/inconsistency rather than the LED type the driver is used on?


I’ve had a few different Convoy lights that use this 12-mode (Biscotti clone, not the original Biscotti) driver, and also noted that for some lights, when doing voltage check:
– on some flashlights, the main LED stays on at a dim mode, while it “blinks (brighter)” out the voltage count
– on some flashlights, the main LED is off, while blinking the voltage count


(for comparison, on the original Biscotti, when doing “voltage check” mode, the main light is Off in between the “blinks” for voltage count)


The issue you mentioned might be related to the observation I noticed (main LED is dim, or main LED is Off in between blinks)

I had the driver in a light with a single SST-40 and the light remaining on between blinks was present there too. I didn’t play around with the mode groups containing the lowest mode on that light though.

Then I ended up taking the driver out and putting it in a triple with 3 SST-20s and noticed that the lowest mode is almost the same as the next lowest. Another of the same driver in another triple has a much lower first mode.

I have 5 more of these drivers on the slow boat, when they arrive I’ll swap out the suspect one and see if it’s any different.

Pages