【convoy】SFT40 LED on sale now

4907 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 27 min 15 sec ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 14479
Location: nyc
texas shooter wrote:
Also please consider Black as one of the colors.

Black lights matter?

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 996
Location: China,Dong guan

texas shooter wrote:
Simon Mao wrote:

i’m ready to produce silver / red / blue / gold version ,
i’m finding 26800 7000mAh battery with good quality

Could you please list some of the 26800 batteries and sources you’ve discovered. Also please consider Black as one of the colors.

The black version may not look good.
here is 26800 battery what i got

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 996
Location: China,Dong guan

L7 will be ready for SBT90.2 LED

TIFisher
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 11/26/2020 - 11:43
Posts: 108
Location: USA
Simon Mao wrote:
L7 will be ready for SBT90.2

That looks awesome. Might be my first SBT90 light.

Ramping driver?

Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 43 sec ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 1780
Location: New Zealand

Wow, that looks incredible, and knowing Convoy’s build quality it’ll be decent.

Quote:
Ramping driver?

I find ramping only useful on models for EDC, not throwers. Quite a few were not a fan of the Noctigon K1 using Anduril

Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with maukka lights

New Zealand store – https://www.piercingthedarkness.co.nz (NZ customers only)

YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIUWi2vYp4CWrRkOJM70t_w/videos (Demos for my customers, and reviews)

ACP68
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 06/24/2019 - 18:06
Posts: 66
Location: NW Indiana

I’ve been debating getting another L6 ever since I somehow misplaced the one I had Facepalm Or another SP70 (sold). Now I see this upcoming L7. Thanks Simon!

Correllux
Correllux's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 25 min ago
Joined: 04/27/2019 - 22:23
Posts: 71
Location: USA

Simon Mao wrote:
The black version may not look good. here is 26800 battery what i got

 

I would vote black also for the tube only, just to match the head.  For a new flashlight, colors are a nice option!  The new L7 and 26800 is actually kind of exciting. 

Will the new tubes still fit on an L2 head?

Cheule
Cheule's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 02/11/2021 - 19:43
Posts: 7
Location: Los Angeles
Funtastic wrote:
Quite a few were not a fan of the Noctigon K1 using Anduril

I understand what you mean about ramping being an odd choice for throwers (I have a crescendo UI on a thrower that seems a bit unwieldy to manage at times).

But isn’t the beauty of Anduril that you can easily configure it to a stepped interface with exactly how many steps you want? And further more, with the exposed header pads, it’s not too difficult to flash almost any crazy UI setup you like. I’m a fan of this!

——
Hanklights (16+), Astrolux WP2, Fireflies NOV-Mu, Reylight EDCs, Manker E05 Ti, Skylumen KR1vn and MF05vn

texas shooter
Offline
Last seen: 40 min 1 sec ago
Joined: 08/26/2012 - 02:14
Posts: 1540
Location: Texas

Well, Simon you have the same battery as I have. I like the look of that L7. Please consider a matching 26800 extension for it. Those cells were meant for that kind of Beast.

Alen
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 04/03/2012 - 08:26
Posts: 415
Location: Italy

Funtastic wrote:
Wow, that looks incredible, and knowing Convoy’s build quality it’ll be decent.
Quote:
Ramping driver?

I find ramping only useful on models for EDC, not throwers. Quite a few were not a fan of the Noctigon K1 using Anduril


The ramping would be fine on dual CCT Leds for variable temperature.
Simon there are news about this new flashlight?
ferrat_val
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 10/16/2020 - 03:37
Posts: 22
Location: Russia

Damn this L7 looks awesome. Shame I have just bought 4×18 with SBT90.2 recently.

Artiet59
Offline
Last seen: 26 min 8 sec ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 1963
Location: CT, USA

wow! the L7 looks GREAT! i love the knurling on the battery tube, reminds me of the knurling i really like on the EA01 & FT02s.

 

I will definitely be buying the L7, glad i have held off on the the 4x18a version. for now at least. i will probably buy both eventually, but definitely the L7 first! great work Simon!

 

And, i dont mind the ramping. I like anduril and narsil on my throwers, mostly for the options and battery check. Anduril is nice because i set my K1's to stepped mode only, and 5 steps with ranging from 10/150 - 149/150, it is actually really convenient along with a simple battery check and lockout. I wouldn't think id like it, but i have gotten very used to it. I also like the ability to manipulate the heat management.

Check out some of my new lights (picture heavy) and quick first impressions of them here: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/77180

Artiet59
Offline
Last seen: 26 min 8 sec ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 1963
Location: CT, USA

I hope the L7 comes in the color options Silver (raw), Tan. along with Black!

Check out some of my new lights (picture heavy) and quick first impressions of them here: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/77180

stephenk
stephenk's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 01/30/2016 - 05:09
Posts: 1575
Location: Australia
Cheule wrote:
Funtastic wrote:
Quite a few were not a fan of the Noctigon K1 using Anduril

I understand what you mean about ramping being an odd choice for throwers (I have a crescendo UI on a thrower that seems a bit unwieldy to manage at times).

But isn’t the beauty of Anduril that you can easily configure it to a stepped interface with exactly how many steps you want? And further more, with the exposed header pads, it’s not too difficult to flash almost any crazy UI setup you like. I’m a fan of this!


I quite like Convoy being an Anduril free zone. Almost every non flashlight enthusiast I know who has owned an Anduril light has found it frustrating.
CR888
Online
Last seen: 13 min 2 sec ago
Joined: 01/13/2021 - 08:31
Posts: 199
Location: Australia

I find the ramping on my M21c-u slow to get going then really fast & difficult to stop where you want it. Slower ramping I think would work better. Good light though with an XHP70.2 3000k, really nice soft tint.

CR888

Sirstinky
Online
Last seen: 1 min 19 sec ago
Joined: 11/02/2018 - 17:07
Posts: 1189
Location: Vancouver, WA
stephenk wrote:
Cheule wrote:
Funtastic wrote:
Quite a few were not a fan of the Noctigon K1 using Anduril

I understand what you mean about ramping being an odd choice for throwers (I have a crescendo UI on a thrower that seems a bit unwieldy to manage at times).

But isn’t the beauty of Anduril that you can easily configure it to a stepped interface with exactly how many steps you want? And further more, with the exposed header pads, it’s not too difficult to flash almost any crazy UI setup you like. I’m a fan of this!


I quite like Convoy being an Anduril free zone. Almost every non flashlight enthusiast I know who has owned an Anduril light has found it frustrating.

+1 I like Anduril with all the features, but for someone who’s forte isnt technical UI stuff, it’s a hassle to learn and memorize and set up. A non-complicated UI with ramping is really nice and enhances the light even more.

Pages