【convoy】219B R9080 TEST

5991 posts / 0 new
Last post
texas shooter
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 08/26/2012 - 02:14
Posts: 1765
Location: Texas

I received the 26800 extensions, they work and I’ll show pictures tomorrow. I’ve got two on the L6, two on the L7 and saving one for the M3C I don’t have yet.

dthrckt
dthrckt's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 40 sec ago
Joined: 11/08/2011 - 10:11
Posts: 4619
Location: Upstate NY

That’s awesome, I have been thinking of 2×26800 too much.

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1212
Location: China,Dong guan

Techno wrote:
Does the Convoy S15 sold on Lazada work with standard S2+ accessories?

magnet, TIR lens, pocket clip

yes

Pilotboy
Pilotboy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 54 min 42 sec ago
Joined: 10/17/2020 - 23:14
Posts: 214
Location: England

Hi I’m trying to order a TIR reflector for my s2+ 219b (in the mail) and I’m a bit confused. I’m looking to achieve a nice even floody beam profile.

What size footprint should it be? (3535, 5050?)
Which angle should I choose? (85, 60, 45…..?)
What kind of surface finish? (matte, bead, strip, clear?)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 41 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 15740
Location: nyc

I happen to like 60° to even 90° for floody. Mine are all clear, but if you got the options (they’re cheap enough), get a few of each. Pebbled is nice, like my E3A twisty, clear is fine, frosted is probably like diffusion film.

My 120°s tend to have a ring around the periphery, but 60° and under are all perfect. 90° can be either.

Again, just need to try ‘em and see what you prefer (which might be different from what I prefer).

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1212
Location: China,Dong guan

Pilotboy wrote:
Hi I’m trying to order a TIR reflector for my s2+ 219b (in the mail) and I’m a bit confused. I’m looking to achieve a nice even floody beam profile.

What size footprint should it be? (3535, 5050?)
Which angle should I choose? (85, 60, 45…..?)
What kind of surface finish? (matte, bead, strip, clear?)

Thanks in advance for your help.

85degree 3535

zeremefico
zeremefico's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 42 min ago
Joined: 03/27/2012 - 02:44
Posts: 1390
Location: Greece

Simon Mao wrote:
Pilotboy wrote:
Hi I’m trying to order a TIR reflector for my s2+ 219b (in the mail) and I’m a bit confused. I’m looking to achieve a nice even floody beam profile.

What size footprint should it be? (3535, 5050?)
Which angle should I choose? (85, 60, 45…..?)
What kind of surface finish? (matte, bead, strip, clear?)

Thanks in advance for your help.

85degree 3535


Wouldn’t be great for H1 and 219b?

₪₪₪₪ ΟΥΔΕΝ ΚΡΥΠΤΟΝ ΥΠΟ ΤΟΝ ΗΛΙΟ ₪₪₪₪

My YouTube channel

Flashlights & edc gear

K40M F16

Pilotboy
Pilotboy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 54 min 42 sec ago
Joined: 10/17/2020 - 23:14
Posts: 214
Location: England

Simon Mao wrote:
Pilotboy wrote:
Hi I’m trying to order a TIR reflector for my s2+ 219b (in the mail) and I’m a bit confused. I’m looking to achieve a nice even floody beam profile.

What size footprint should it be? (3535, 5050?)
Which angle should I choose? (85, 60, 45…..?)
What kind of surface finish? (matte, bead, strip, clear?)

Thanks in advance for your help.

85degree 3535

Thanks!

Pilotboy
Pilotboy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 54 min 42 sec ago
Joined: 10/17/2020 - 23:14
Posts: 214
Location: England

Lightbringer wrote:
I happen to like 60° to even 90° for floody. Mine are all clear, but if you got the options (they’re cheap enough), get a few of each. Pebbled is nice, like my E3A twisty, clear is fine, frosted is probably like diffusion film.

My 120°s tend to have a ring around the periphery, but 60° and under are all perfect. 90° can be either.

Again, just need to try ‘em and see what you prefer (which might be different from what I prefer).


Thanks for your help!
Techno
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 01/31/2016 - 02:07
Posts: 109
Location: S

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003104703598.html

My 219B S2+ 4500k just came in today. The LED is pretty nice.

The description for the 219B S2+ seems to be wrong. It’s the regular Biscotti, which requires 10 taps to go into config mode, not 20 taps.

And doesn’t work properly with the lighted switch. With the lighted switch installed, the light just stays in one mode and refuses to switch modes.

X

alex64
alex64's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 03/16/2017 - 01:42
Posts: 167
Location: Balearic Islands

Techno wrote:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003104703598.html

My 219B S2+ 4500k just came in today. The LED is pretty nice.

The description for the 219B S2+ seems to be wrong. It’s the regular Biscotti, which requires 10 taps to go into config mode, not 20 taps.

And doesn’t work properly with the lighted switch. With the lighted switch installed, the light just stays in one mode and refuses to switch modes.


Mine works perfect with lighted switch because it has the new driver witch works with lighted switch (the old driver with on/off always change to next mode). Look inside the tube, if you see silver band between the fets it’s the new driver with option 12 selected (only 1 mode). You need to change the option that you like in config mode.

dthrckt
dthrckt's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 40 sec ago
Joined: 11/08/2011 - 10:11
Posts: 4619
Location: Upstate NY

No word on sft40s restock? Not sure if I should wait or go with a different emitter.

JaredM
JaredM's picture
Online
Last seen: 4 min 3 sec ago
Joined: 10/31/2011 - 13:33
Posts: 2255
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
dthrckt wrote:
No word on sft40s restock? Not sure if I should wait or go with a different emitter.

I think he recently said september when i asked

dthrckt
dthrckt's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 40 sec ago
Joined: 11/08/2011 - 10:11
Posts: 4619
Location: Upstate NY

Thanks, that’ll work.

Techno
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 01/31/2016 - 02:07
Posts: 109
Location: S

alex64 wrote:

Mine works perfect with lighted switch because it has the new driver witch works with lighted switch (the old driver with on/off always change to next mode). Look inside the tube, if you see silver band between the fets it’s the new driver with option 12 selected (only 1 mode). You need to change the option that you like in config mode.

!https://i.ibb.co/dK7jssR/Uc32041ef426f47ed8c364b588b2d49ffp.jpg!

No white/silver band on my 219b s2+….

X

alex64
alex64's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 03/16/2017 - 01:42
Posts: 167
Location: Balearic Islands

Techno wrote:
alex64 wrote:

Mine works perfect with lighted switch because it has the new driver witch works with lighted switch (the old driver with on/off always change to next mode). Look inside the tube, if you see silver band between the fets it’s the new driver with option 12 selected (only 1 mode). You need to change the option that you like in config mode.

!https://i.ibb.co/dK7jssR/Uc32041ef426f47ed8c364b588b2d49ffp.jpg!

No white/silver band on my 219b s2+….


Your S2+ comes with old driver. Not bad because at the moment with the new driver I can’t enter to config mode, with 10 or 20 clicks always change to next mode.
alex64
alex64's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 03/16/2017 - 01:42
Posts: 167
Location: Balearic Islands

Solved. The new driver needs to tap more fast than the old to enter the config mode.

Techno
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 01/31/2016 - 02:07
Posts: 109
Location: S
alex64 wrote:
Solved. The new driver needs to tap more fast than the old to enter the config mode.

You bought and soldered the new driver, or got Simon to build an S2+ for your?

X

alex64
alex64's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 03/16/2017 - 01:42
Posts: 167
Location: Balearic Islands

Techno wrote:
You bought and soldered the new driver, or got Simon to build an S2+ for your?
It's a 219b 3500k custom builded from Simon. Silver with rubber button and OP reflector. I use the lighted switch from another S2+ that didn't work well with old Biscotti driver.

 

This is the new driver:

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/1005002287757751.html

Techno
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 01/31/2016 - 02:07
Posts: 109
Location: S
alex64 wrote:

It’s a 219b 3500k custom builded from Simon. Silver with rubber button and OP reflector. I use the lighted switch from another S2+ that didn’t work well with old Biscotti driver.


 


This is the new driver:


https://es.aliexpress.com/item/1005002287757751.html

So Simon added the new driver for you?

X

id30209
id30209's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 05/17/2018 - 12:20
Posts: 2046
Location: Croatia

I freakin love this thing!Nichia B35AM 5000K R9080 with 6V/3A driver.But it anoys me not having anything between 20% and 100%. I like simple 3 mode but a jump from 20% to max is too much so i find my self constantly taping tailswitch.Simon if you read this i would apreciate if you could rearrange modes on your drivers. 5%-50%-100% for nightshift workers…

WTB Titanium 4sevens 2xAA tube

TIFisher
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 13 hours ago
Joined: 11/26/2020 - 11:43
Posts: 261
Location: USA
id30209 wrote:

I freakin love this thing!Nichia B35AM 5000K R9080 with 6V/3A driver.

I can see why. What a great beam profile…and that tint looks gorgeous.

JaredM
JaredM's picture
Online
Last seen: 4 min 3 sec ago
Joined: 10/31/2011 - 13:33
Posts: 2255
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Nearly 10mm² of emitter area equals lovely large spot in edc sized optics. I want one with a LumeX1 in my FW1A. 21700 mates well with this emitter though, really nice build!

id30209
id30209's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 05/17/2018 - 12:20
Posts: 2046
Location: Croatia

Thx guys.

The beam is amazing, reminds of a bit cooler 219B sw45 but with massive output.

The reason i’d be happy with 50%-100% mode is that while i do walkaround around engines, landing gear and lower fuselage, 20% is barely enough and i have to sometimes tap for 100% which is anoying. 50% would be perfect for lower area but for horizontal stabsand wing 100% is perfect. 

WTB Titanium 4sevens 2xAA tube

Haukkeli
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 06/24/2021 - 05:27
Posts: 105
Location: Suomi

id30209 wrote:

Thx guys.


The beam is amazing, reminds of a bit cooler 219B sw45 but with massive output.


The reason i’d be happy with 50%-100% mode is that while i do walkaround around engines, landing gear and lower fuselage, 20% is barely enough and i have to sometimes tap for 100% which is anoying. 50% would be perfect for lower area but for horizontal stabsand wing 100% is perfect. 


Have you looked Kaidomain or Manta Ray’s XHP50.2 3A drivers? They aren’t that customizable, but I think they both have something like 30-35% mode in mode rotation. Maybe they are what you need?
Haukkeli
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 06/24/2021 - 05:27
Posts: 105
Location: Suomi

Seems like Convoy’s 4 mode driver also has 30% mode. None of my succestions are 3 modes, if that’s what you like. Closest is Convoy’s 4 mode one. Big Smile

id30209
id30209's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 05/17/2018 - 12:20
Posts: 2046
Location: Croatia

Haukkeli wrote:
Have you looked Kaidomain or Manta Ray's XHP50.2 3A drivers? They aren't that customizable, but I think they both have something like 30-35% mode in mode rotation. Maybe they are what you need?
 

 

It’s also available on this driver (12 group) and tried it but like i said, 50% is perfect but then i don’t have 100% when i choose that group Sad

WTB Titanium 4sevens 2xAA tube

Haukkeli
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 06/24/2021 - 05:27
Posts: 105
Location: Suomi

id30209 wrote:

Haukkeli wrote:
Have you looked Kaidomain or Manta Ray’s XHP50.2 3A drivers? They aren’t that customizable, but I think they both have something like 30-35% mode in mode rotation. Maybe they are what you need?
 

 


It’s also available on this driver (12 group) and tried it but like i said, 50% is perfect but then i don’t have 100% when i choose that group Sad


Yeah, it’s bit annoying sometimes. I have run in that same problem, when 20 isn’t quite enough but 100% is overkill. I also use 3 modes on my work lamps.
id30209
id30209's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 05/17/2018 - 12:20
Posts: 2046
Location: Croatia

Simon,

would it be possible to make Ramping driver but 6V/3-4A? 
That could be solution for everybody that want specific output. Since it’s already avialable in 3V…

WTB Titanium 4sevens 2xAA tube

LTC
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 51 min ago
Joined: 07/29/2019 - 04:34
Posts: 295
Location: AMK, SG

Sorry… Other than you like it in 3 mode. How much difference between 30% and 50%?

id30209 wrote:

Thx guys.


The beam is amazing, reminds of a bit cooler 219B sw45 but with massive output.


The reason i’d be happy with 50%-100% mode is that while i do walkaround around engines, landing gear and lower fuselage, 20% is barely enough and i have to sometimes tap for 100% which is anoying. 50% would be perfect for lower area but for horizontal stabsand wing 100% is perfect. 

Pages