Astrolux FT03 - which 26650 battery to use and will my USB adapter work?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
shaney777
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/01/2019 - 19:00
Posts: 9
Astrolux FT03 - which 26650 battery to use and will my USB adapter work?

I ordered a Astrolux FT03 875m, but I don’t know what kind of 26650 battery would be best or where to buy. I am very worried about battery safety, so I want to make sure the store is 100% legit and has a great reputation. Secondly, how do I know if the cable adapters I have here at home will be safe/optimal to use with this light (USB-C)? I don’t plan on using a separate charger. The whole mA and volts adapter aspect is confusing to me. Thanks!

BlueSwordM
BlueSwordM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 11/29/2017 - 12:34
Posts: 5608
Location: Canada

Where do you live?

Depending on where you live, your battery choices may vary slightly.

Also, use any USB-C cable you can find. The light is limited to draw 2A, and will not draw any more.

My very own high current Beryllium Copper springs Gen 3:
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/67401
Liitokala Aliexpress Stores Battery Fraud: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/60547

shaney777
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/01/2019 - 19:00
Posts: 9

BlueSwordM wrote:
Where do you live?

Depending on where you live, your battery choices may vary slightly.

Also, use any USB-C cable you can find. The light is limited to draw 2A, and will not draw any more.

I live in eastern US.

How do I know if it’s a C adapter? Or cable? I have many adapters and many cables lol

BurningPlayd0h
BurningPlayd0h's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 15 hours ago
Joined: 06/22/2018 - 02:16
Posts: 1788
Location: MN

shaney777 wrote:
BlueSwordM wrote:
Where do you live?

Depending on where you live, your battery choices may vary slightly.

Also, use any USB-C cable you can find. The light is limited to draw 2A, and will not draw any more.

I live in eastern US.

How do I know if it’s a C adapter? Or cable? I have many adapters and many cables lol


This guide should help
shaney777
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/01/2019 - 19:00
Posts: 9

BurningPlayd0h wrote:
shaney777 wrote:
BlueSwordM wrote:
Where do you live?

Depending on where you live, your battery choices may vary slightly.

Also, use any USB-C cable you can find. The light is limited to draw 2A, and will not draw any more.

I live in eastern US.

How do I know if it’s a C adapter? Or cable? I have many adapters and many cables lol


This guide should help

Thank you! I’m going to assume I don’t have one of these. It’s been a good few years since I bought anything electronic, other than an e-reader. I’ll check its charger out.