EMISAR D4S V2 26650

200 posts / 0 new
Last post
will34
will34's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 1 min ago
Joined: 12/18/2012 - 00:12
Posts: 4076

Would love to see a 21700 tube for this… 26650 lights are too fat for the jeans pocket.

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 5 days ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 552
Location: New York

ZEUSFL wrote:
I am kind of frustrated. I put my order for an E07 and the Emisar D4V2 26650 on the 8/30. One from Nealsgadget E07 and one from https://intl-outdoor.com.

The one from Neals still says Unfulfilled and the guy from outdoor.com at least responded to my emails and say he will ship the ligth but still show as processing.
I know Neals is very well recommended here but he does not answer a single email from me and still show Unfulfilled. Sad

I hope is just a bad understanding or somehow he is not getting my over 6 emails.

Again is my first time ordering to China and i dont know how is the deal.

Way too long. I ordered from Neals on 9/30. It is already in the US and sched to be delivered Tuesday.
MTN sells the D4V2 here in the US. Much faster.
My D4sV2 was shipped and arrived in 11 days from outdoor.

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 5 days ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 552
Location: New York
Nismo wrote:
scosgt wrote:
WAY brighter than the D4V2

Could you take a picture of D4SV2 and D4V2 beams compared on the same exposure? I’m just wondering since they both have the same LED options, so the only difference between these two is the optics and thermals. edit: and battery of course.

In theory, the D4V2 should be as bright as the D4SV2 at startup.

I have a D4SV2 SST20 3000K and it is blindingly bright. Ordered some D4V2 SST20 5000K and 4000K for EDC and work.

My cellphone cam does not have fixed settings so no.
But visually the difference is stunning.
And I agree, the D4 is one of the brightest lights out there for the size,
But does not hold a candle to the D4S

Watermanchris
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 19 hours ago
Joined: 08/06/2019 - 09:12
Posts: 330
Location: Deerfield Beach, FL

I’m trying to order a D4SV2 from Hank but I can’t see the option to add it to my cart.

BlueSwordM
BlueSwordM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 11/29/2017 - 12:34
Posts: 5607
Location: Canada

Ok everybody.

It’s quite literally impossible for the D4S V2 to be brighter than the FF E07, if they are using the same LED setup.

The only difference between them is the type of optic used: the D4S is only throwier than the E07, not brighter.

My very own high current Beryllium Copper springs Gen 3:
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/67401
Liitokala Aliexpress Stores Battery Fraud: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/60547

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 5 days ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 552
Location: New York

BlueSwordM wrote:
Ok everybody.

It’s quite literally impossible for the D4S V2 to be brighter than the FF E07, if they are using the same LED setup.

The only difference between them is the type of optic used: the D4S is only throwier than the E07, not brighter.

Call it what you want. Compare them and you will be amazed.

ZEUSFL
ZEUSFL's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 02/20/2019 - 08:50
Posts: 90
Location: Tallahassee FL

scosgt wrote:
ZEUSFL wrote:
I am kind of frustrated. I put my order for an E07 and the Emisar D4V2 26650 on the 8/30. One from Nealsgadget E07 and one from https://intl-outdoor.com.

The one from Neals still says Unfulfilled and the guy from outdoor.com at least responded to my emails and say he will ship the ligth but still show as processing.
I know Neals is very well recommended here but he does not answer a single email from me and still show Unfulfilled. Sad

I hope is just a bad understanding or somehow he is not getting my over 6 emails.

Again is my first time ordering to China and i dont know how is the deal.

Way too long. I ordered from Neals on 9/30. It is already in the US and sched to be delivered Tuesday.
MTN sells the D4V2 here in the US. Much faster.
My D4sV2 was shipped and arrived in 11 days from outdoor.

Finally Today http://intl-outdoor.com send me an email to informed me the order was shipped Today but nothing from Neals yet. I pay to Neals $11 for 5-7 days shipping. The original shipping was free. Still waiting for respond the emails at least.

Imalent MS18
Acebeam X80-GT
Fireflies E07 x2
Emisar D4S V2 26650

Starkm32
Starkm32's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 03/01/2019 - 11:12
Posts: 440

Wot!

No baby blue left (oh, well guess I am better off without a chunky budge in my pants pocket)?

Can’t wait for winter, using my D4S for a hand warmer…. Wink

gman7228
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 10/30/2017 - 07:28
Posts: 85
Location: 45° N, 94° W USA

Starkm32 wrote:
Wot!

No baby blue left (oh, well guess I am better off without a chunky budge in my pants pocket)?

Can’t wait for winter, using my D4S for a hand warmer…. Wink

Hank still has them on Intl-outdoor. I just ordered one last night.

gman7228

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary notation and those that do not.

withoutink
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 10/05/2019 - 19:27
Posts: 105
Location: Georgia

Ok, I had to bite… Just ordered one from Hank

D4SV2 in Cyan and with the XP-L HD V6 1A, 6500K emitter

As well as these options:

  • Stainless steel bezel
  • Add magnet in the tail cap
  • Extra tailcap without magnet
  • Extra optic with floodier beam
  • 1x LiitoKala 5000mAh 26650 – since I don’t have any of these batteries yet

Cheers-

Withoutink

My Flashlights

Instagram | YouTube

scosgt
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 5 days ago
Joined: 07/03/2019 - 22:32
Posts: 552
Location: New York

You will love it.

withoutink
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 10/05/2019 - 19:27
Posts: 105
Location: Georgia

Thanks, I based the emitter off your comments Smile

Cheers-

Withoutink

My Flashlights

Instagram | YouTube

blueb8llz
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 06/02/2012 - 01:16
Posts: 3119
Location: California
will34 wrote:
Would love to see a 21700 tube for this… 26650 lights are too fat for the jeans pocket.

This would make it sooooo much better! Great idea.

Watermanchris
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 19 hours ago
Joined: 08/06/2019 - 09:12
Posts: 330
Location: Deerfield Beach, FL
blueb8llz wrote:
will34 wrote:
Would love to see a 21700 tube for this… 26650 lights are too fat for the jeans pocket.

This would make it sooooo much better! Great idea.


21700 is nice but the head will remain the largest part so you won’t really gain much in the way of pocketability (is that a word?). That being said, 21700 is probably my favorite single cell light size for a belt or nightstand light.
BillyBobJoe
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 03/11/2019 - 15:16
Posts: 232
Location: Western USA

How does the XP-L HD compare to the other emitter options? I currently have sst-20 in my d4 and d4v2. What makes it better/different?

withoutink
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 10/05/2019 - 19:27
Posts: 105
Location: Georgia
BillyBobJoe wrote:
How does the XP-L HD compare to the other emitter options? I currently have sst-20 in my d4 and d4v2. What makes it better/different?

From my very novice understanding is that the XP-L HD throws far, but it also stays cooler than the sst-20/40’s do. Im sure someone will chime in with more details

Cheers-

Withoutink

My Flashlights

Instagram | YouTube

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 6 days ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3888
Location: Honeyland
blueb8llz wrote:
will34 wrote:
Would love to see a 21700 tube for this… 26650 lights are too fat for the jeans pocket.

This would make it sooooo much better! Great idea.

Same size head and 21700 is going to make it less fat for the jeans? The head remains the same diameter anyway, either 21700 or 26650 cell.

mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 3087
Location: Sweden

its weird no 21700 version has been made despite huge interest to it.

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

              つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

will34
will34's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 1 min ago
Joined: 12/18/2012 - 00:12
Posts: 4076
Hikelite wrote:
blueb8llz wrote:
will34 wrote:
Would love to see a 21700 tube for this… 26650 lights are too fat for the jeans pocket.

This would make it sooooo much better! Great idea.

Same size head and 21700 is going to make it less fat for the jeans? The head remains the same diameter anyway, either 21700 or 26650 cell.

Actually yes, compare a convoy C8 with a M3, both with very similar size head but slimmer body. Pocketability is totally different on both lights.

blueb8llz
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 06/02/2012 - 01:16
Posts: 3119
Location: California

My fireflies e07 is a great example. Head close to same size as my d4s but I edc the e07 way more often. The d4svn is a lot more bulky to the fat body. Even though it’s shorter than the e07, it’s the thickness that matters. It’s also heavier as well. And when you put your hands in pocket, it feels more in the way due to the fat body.

Overload
Overload's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 01/15/2018 - 16:43
Posts: 194
Location: Belguim
withoutink wrote:
BillyBobJoe wrote:
How does the XP-L HD compare to the other emitter options? I currently have sst-20 in my d4 and d4v2. What makes it better/different?

From my very novice understanding is that the XP-L HD throws far, but it also stays cooler than the sst-20/40’s do. Im sure someone will chime in with more details

The xp-l hd is the floodiest emitter, the sst the most throwiest.
The xp-l hi is something between.

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 6 days ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3888
Location: Honeyland

blueb8llz

Good comparison.

ZEUSFL
ZEUSFL's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 02/20/2019 - 08:50
Posts: 90
Location: Tallahassee FL

Nice comparison.

Imalent MS18
Acebeam X80-GT
Fireflies E07 x2
Emisar D4S V2 26650

HKSJOSHUA_
HKSJOSHUA_'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 06/28/2019 - 01:25
Posts: 127
Location: OKC

Anyone know how to go about geting 12-14v down to 4v

I am looking into a solution to power two d4s MCPCB’s in a jeep im housing one in each fog light and will be liquidcooled

Appreciate all the little things in life!

ZEUSFL
ZEUSFL's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 02/20/2019 - 08:50
Posts: 90
Location: Tallahassee FL

ZEUSFL wrote:
scosgt wrote:
ZEUSFL wrote:
I am kind of frustrated. I put my order for an E07 and the Emisar D4V2 26650 on the 8/30. One from Nealsgadget E07 and one from https://intl-outdoor.com.

The one from Neals still says Unfulfilled and the guy from outdoor.com at least responded to my emails and say he will ship the ligth but still show as processing.
I know Neals is very well recommended here but he does not answer a single email from me and still show Unfulfilled. Sad

I hope is just a bad understanding or somehow he is not getting my over 6 emails.

Again is my first time ordering to China and i dont know how is the deal.

Way too long. I ordered from Neals on 9/30. It is already in the US and sched to be delivered Tuesday.
MTN sells the D4V2 here in the US. Much faster.
My D4sV2 was shipped and arrived in 11 days from outdoor.

Finally Today http://intl-outdoor.com send me an email to informed me the order was shipped Today but nothing from Neals yet. I pay to Neals $11 for 5-7 days shipping. The original shipping was free. Still waiting for respond the emails at least.

Just an update, i receive yesterday the E07 from https://www.nealsgadgets.com/ and is an amazing ligth. Neals aparently have comunication issues and the site does not update the status until the product is delivered. He delivered with some delays but i will buy from him again. The D4V2 looks like is arriving next Wednesday. I will take pictures to compare.

Imalent MS18
Acebeam X80-GT
Fireflies E07 x2
Emisar D4S V2 26650

vinte77
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 03/04/2014 - 18:43
Posts: 766
Location: California

Does anyone know if Hank will produce a titanium/copper version of this light like the D4V2?

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 4190
vinte77 wrote:
Does anyone know if Hank will produce a titanium/copper version of this light like the D4V2?

You mean like this one? https://intl-outdoor.com/led-flashlights/d4v2-ti.html Cool

vinte77
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 03/04/2014 - 18:43
Posts: 766
Location: California
hIKARInoob wrote:
vinte77 wrote:
Does anyone know if Hank will produce a titanium/copper version of this light like the D4V2?

You mean like this one? https://intl-outdoor.com/led-flashlights/d4v2-ti.html Cool

Yes, so will there be a similar version of D4S?

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 4190
vinte77 wrote:
hIKARInoob wrote:
vinte77 wrote:
Does anyone know if Hank will produce a titanium/copper version of this light like the D4V2?

You mean like this one? https://intl-outdoor.com/led-flashlights/d4v2-ti.html Cool

Yes, so will there be a similar version of D4S?

Ah, sorry I’ve misread. I have not read anything about it I believe. Personally I think it’s less likely as the weight increase will be substantial, although obviously it will be a very cool light.

vinte77
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 03/04/2014 - 18:43
Posts: 766
Location: California

No worries, it’s on my wish list of lights that will probably not come to fruition. But I would love to have the D4S in titanium/copper.

Pages