Sofirn C01R deep red [sold out, discontinued]

947 posts / 0 new
Last post
MoreHiCRILumens
MoreHiCRILumens's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 10/25/2019 - 07:08
Posts: 1802
Location: Finland
Forsyth P. Jones wrote:
I see it on aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32967363356.html

That’s C01 with red led and not C01R.

Forsythe P. Jones
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 08/15/2021 - 00:40
Posts: 413
Location: California

Oh they are different? Hmm, I just ordered 2 of them, hope I didn’t miss out on anything important.

MoreHiCRILumens
MoreHiCRILumens's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 10/25/2019 - 07:08
Posts: 1802
Location: Finland
Forsyth P. Jones wrote:
Oh they are different? Hmm, I just ordered 2 of them, hope I didn’t miss out on anything important.

Well like C01 they only have one mode, no glass lens and simple aluminum reflector, kinda. Unless red led version is different, but I don’t think so. Also 670 nm red vs. 660 nm, but probably looks same good red and not orange.
I have regular C01 with that 5 mm high cri led and it’s pretty nice, though.

SammysHP
SammysHP's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 06/25/2019 - 14:35
Posts: 1116
Location: Germany

I have a C01 red – very dim, not much wow. C01R is a whole different story.

Pip
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 11/23/2019 - 05:56
Posts: 338

Maybe we could get a group buy going and convince them to make one more run of them. I’m in for 5 at $10 or less each.

SammysHP
SammysHP's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 06/25/2019 - 14:35
Posts: 1116
Location: Germany

I don’t think they’ll make another batch. Maybe if 500 for $15 each are guaranteed.

MoreHiCRILumens
MoreHiCRILumens's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 10/25/2019 - 07:08
Posts: 1802
Location: Finland
SammysHP wrote:
I have a C01 red – very dim, not much wow. C01R is a whole different story.

Dimmer than C01R’s lowest mode which many said was too bright? Honeycomb helps by reducing hotspot that stock narrow tir did.

Pip
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 11/23/2019 - 05:56
Posts: 338

I had 3 but I gave one away, I’m definitely not giving away any of the 2 I have left. I use mine all the time. I also have a d4v2 in deep red and it’s amazing but the c01r is just so handy when I’m up with the kids at night.

Forsythe P. Jones
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 08/15/2021 - 00:40
Posts: 413
Location: California

The one I ordered is 670 which is a deep red for night vision: that’s the one I’d want, I thought? The more common orangey red led is 635nm if I’m not mistaken. I also ordered a 3400K warm white. Got charged the full shipping amount for each one but still seems like a heck of a deal.

Added: if C01R is really better/different I’m ok pledging $15 towards one if they are made in say the next year. Don’t want to be held to it forever.

Added 2: D4v2 with deep red main leds is pretty bold, wow. I think it might be possible to replace the aux leds with red ones. No idea where to actually get deep red smt leds though.

Sillen
Sillen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 43 min ago
Joined: 08/01/2018 - 06:39
Posts: 750
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Forsyth P. Jones wrote:
I see it on aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32967363356.html

That’s C01, not C01R. C01 only has one setting and no optics. C01R has L-M-H settings and TIR.Different emitter too iirc.

Unheard
Unheard's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 01/16/2019 - 11:38
Posts: 2343
Location: Germany

Forsyth P. Jones wrote:
The one I ordered is 670 which is a deep red for night vision: that’s the one I’d want, I thought? The more common orangey red led is 635nm if I’m not mistaken. I also ordered a 3400K warm white. Got charged the full shipping amount for each one but still seems like a heck of a deal.

Added: if C01R is really better/different I’m ok pledging $15 towards one if they are made in say the next year. Don’t want to be held to it forever.

Added 2: D4v2 with deep red main leds is pretty bold, wow. I think it might be possible to replace the aux leds with red ones. No idea where to actually get deep red smt leds though.


If all you want is low level light, the red C01 is OK.

Smile, you cannot kill them all.

Forsythe P. Jones
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 08/15/2021 - 00:40
Posts: 413
Location: California

Yeah in the case of a red light for night vision, I surely want dim rather than bright.

Meanwhile I notice the regular C01 is on sale at sofirnlight.com for $3.99 but the red led is out of stock. Also the C01S which is a 2 level light (I guess descended from the BLF light?) is $7.99. I think I will order one.

sochi111
sochi111's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 3 days ago
Joined: 02/21/2017 - 14:59
Posts: 339

The CO1 with unknown Red LED is amazing, just a perfect “dimmnes” for a night light,

def_nvar
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 11/01/2020 - 05:42
Posts: 76

please consider bringing this back!
higher price (maybe +50%) would be better than not being able to buy one at all!

J0s3f
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 12/01/2019 - 13:25
Posts: 5
Location: Austria

Mikesch54 wrote:
Interested.

If possible both LEDs (625, 660 nm)


This.
I’d easily pay $15 for one of them
Pip
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 11/23/2019 - 05:56
Posts: 338

We need to ask them for terms to order another run of them. Someone on here may be willing to order 100 or so to hold and sell so they dont have to keep the inventory. That way when they run out there would still be a source for a while.

Pages