ReyLight copper pineapple mini, AAA/10440 flashlight, Nichia 219B 4500K R9080 high CRI LED

265 posts / 0 new
Last post
ReyLight
ReyLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 1 hour ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 02:35
Posts: 2136
Location: 1200km away from home.
DarkShot wrote:
Rey, do you have plans for a titanium Pineapple Mini?

Yes, planning on the ti and brass mini. witn a deep carry clip.

bansuri
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 16 hours ago
Joined: 01/30/2017 - 23:43
Posts: 517
Location: Land of Lincoln
ReyLight wrote:
DarkShot wrote:
Rey, do you have plans for a titanium Pineapple Mini?

Yes, planning on the ti and brass mini. witn a deep carry clip.


How was this not met with fanfare??!!
In for one, not sure which yet.
gchart
gchart's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 03/19/2016 - 11:57
Posts: 2986
Location: Central IL

I’m with you, bansuri! A ti pineapple mini sounds awesome. Sign me up!

DarkShot
DarkShot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 02/11/2019 - 16:15
Posts: 110
Location: Canada

Excellent. I’m not feeling copper but love the new mini Pineapple, so I’ll certainly pick up a Ti variant.

bansuri
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 16 hours ago
Joined: 01/30/2017 - 23:43
Posts: 517
Location: Land of Lincoln

OK, after much thought I’m going with Ti also. At this point I’d say it’s safe to make at least three!

ReyLight
ReyLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 1 hour ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 02:35
Posts: 2136
Location: 1200km away from home.

Thank you. I must speed it up now.

jasontheguitarist
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2019 - 11:45
Posts: 294
Location: South Carolina

I had the non working one but I finally got my replacement in the mail and this is a really cool light. A programmable AAA/Lithium driver is awesome and now I want an AA sized one with the same driver. Are there any plans to update the AA/14500 sized Pineapple with a programmable driver like this? I’d buy one for sure.

bansuri
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 16 hours ago
Joined: 01/30/2017 - 23:43
Posts: 517
Location: Land of Lincoln
jasontheguitarist wrote:
I had the non working one but I finally got my replacement in the mail and this is a really cool light. A programmable AAA/Lithium driver is awesome and now I want an AA sized one with the same driver. Are there any plans to update the AA/14500 sized Pineapple with a programmable driver like this? I’d buy one for sure.

I can’t answer your question but I can tell you that the simple driver of the pineapple has a trick that I wish all lights had: after 2 trips around all the levels instead of going to disco mode it toggles the memory on/off. I usually hate memory but there are times when it’s nice to have. The pineapple is useful in so many situations because of this feature. Specifically – when using it at work I use memory and at home I like it to start on moonlight.

jasontheguitarist
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2019 - 11:45
Posts: 294
Location: South Carolina
bansuri wrote:
jasontheguitarist wrote:
I had the non working one but I finally got my replacement in the mail and this is a really cool light. A programmable AAA/Lithium driver is awesome and now I want an AA sized one with the same driver. Are there any plans to update the AA/14500 sized Pineapple with a programmable driver like this? I’d buy one for sure.

I can’t answer your question but I can tell you that the simple driver of the pineapple has a trick that I wish all lights had: after 2 trips around all the levels instead of going to disco mode it toggles the memory on/off. I usually hate memory but there are times when it’s nice to have. The pineapple is useful in so many situations because of this feature. Specifically – when using it at work I use memory and at home I like it to start on moonlight.

Yea I know, I’m the same way, Usually I want memory off but the option to toggle it is nice.

The new driver in the AAA/10440 version has toggleable memory plus a bunch of other stuff. A higher powered version of the same driver in the 14500 sized Pineapple would be sweet.

bansuri
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 16 hours ago
Joined: 01/30/2017 - 23:43
Posts: 517
Location: Land of Lincoln
jasontheguitarist wrote:
bansuri wrote:
jasontheguitarist wrote:
I had the non working one but I finally got my replacement in the mail and this is a really cool light. A programmable AAA/Lithium driver is awesome and now I want an AA sized one with the same driver. Are there any plans to update the AA/14500 sized Pineapple with a programmable driver like this? I’d buy one for sure.

I can’t answer your question but I can tell you that the simple driver of the pineapple has a trick that I wish all lights had: after 2 trips around all the levels instead of going to disco mode it toggles the memory on/off. I usually hate memory but there are times when it’s nice to have. The pineapple is useful in so many situations because of this feature. Specifically – when using it at work I use memory and at home I like it to start on moonlight.

Yea I know, I’m the same way, Usually I want memory off but the option to toggle it is nice.

The new driver in the AAA/10440 version has toggleable memory plus a bunch of other stuff. A higher powered version of the same driver in the 14500 sized Pineapple would be sweet.

Agreed! I have a copper mini on the way and the UI was a big selling point. So many UI seem like an afterthought, this one brings me back to the days of LF2XT.
International shipping is slow as molasses these days…hoping the copper arrives before long as I’ll be ordering a TI version soon!
I’ve been getting more into lights that run on “regular” sized batteries as I’m getting older and, as much as my kids love their flashlights, I don’t think they’ll get into the hobby as much as I have. They understand the issue with Alkaleaks and are all about NIMH so if I kick the bucket they’ll fight over lights like Rey makes. I call them my “legacy lights”. Hopefully it’s a long time off but ya never know.

ReyLight
ReyLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 1 hour ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 02:35
Posts: 2136
Location: 1200km away from home.
jasontheguitarist wrote:
I had the non working one but I finally got my replacement in the mail and this is a really cool light. A programmable AAA/Lithium driver is awesome and now I want an AA sized one with the same driver. Are there any plans to update the AA/14500 sized Pineapple with a programmable driver like this? I’d buy one for sure.

Good to know. Yes, I will make the programmable driver for AA pineapple too.

asdqqq
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 02/19/2020 - 16:53
Posts: 111

ReyLight wrote:

Yes, planning on the ti and brass mini. witn a deep carry clip.

Any chance you have any 219b left for the brass mini?
ReyLight
ReyLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 1 hour ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 02:35
Posts: 2136
Location: 1200km away from home.
asdqqq wrote:
ReyLight wrote:
Yes, planning on the ti and brass mini. witn a deep carry clip.
Any chance you have any 219b left for the brass mini?

Yeah, will have 219B for brass and ti mini.

rockhound42
rockhound42's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 22 hours ago
Joined: 04/22/2013 - 07:01
Posts: 154
Location: London
ReyLight wrote:
asdqqq wrote:
ReyLight wrote:
Yes, planning on the ti and brass mini. witn a deep carry clip.
Any chance you have any 219b left for the brass mini?

Yeah, will have 219B for brass and ti mini.

Liking the sound of the Ti mini with 219B Thumbs Up

Naito
Naito's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 20 hours ago
Joined: 05/21/2020 - 14:34
Posts: 36
Location: Japan

Hey reylight, is there a delay in shipping the goods to Banggood? My ti lan will not be shipped

ReyLight
ReyLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 1 hour ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 02:35
Posts: 2136
Location: 1200km away from home.
Naito wrote:
Hey reylight, is there a delay in shipping the goods to Banggood? My ti lan will not be shipped

When did you place the order? I havn’t received any order from them yet.

Naito
Naito's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 20 hours ago
Joined: 05/21/2020 - 14:34
Posts: 36
Location: Japan

The date of the order is June 1.

ReyLight
ReyLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 1 hour ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 02:35
Posts: 2136
Location: 1200km away from home.
Naito wrote:
The date of the order is June 1.

Sorry to hear, I don’t know about it. I have Machined Ti LAN in stock though.

LumenMax
LumenMax's picture
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 08/21/2018 - 10:50
Posts: 353
Location: NY

DarkShot wrote:
Rey, do you have plans for a titanium Pineapple Mini?

 

He does. Ti and Brass.

Unheard
Unheard's picture
Online
Last seen: 48 sec ago
Joined: 01/16/2019 - 11:38
Posts: 1817
Location: Germany

Just wanted to openly say thank you, Rey Thumbs Up Beer

Had a problem with the driver and got immediately a new one. Great customer service!

Best,

Thomas

Smile, you cannot kill them all.

jasontheguitarist
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2019 - 11:45
Posts: 294
Location: South Carolina

These are back in stock at Countycomm, since Reylight’s page still says the Nichia version is out of stock.

m0nk33
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 01/04/2019 - 17:16
Posts: 40
Location: California

Any update on the brass and titanium minis?

ReyLight
ReyLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 1 hour ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 02:35
Posts: 2136
Location: 1200km away from home.
m0nk33 wrote:
Any update on the brass and titanium minis?

Still working on it, might be available in one month.

lukehale
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 05/13/2020 - 15:15
Posts: 151

Just ordered one from CountyComm!

lukehale
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 05/13/2020 - 15:15
Posts: 151

Got mine from CountyComm yesterday, and I actually posted that I wanted to sell it because the tint was TOO rosy for me… but after using it for the rest of the day/night I decided I kind of love it.

I would say though, that I accidentally discovered the shortcut to turbo/high on my own, because on the Reylight website and on CountyComm, that shortcut is not listed. I have since found that it IS listed on Bangood. Rey I would suggest adding the “shortcut to turbo” info to the site. I say that because until I figured that out, I was kinda annoyed I couldn’t get to turbo quickly.

I was very excited to discover that the shortcut to turbo works in ALL mode options, so I can set it to mode 3 like I want and still have 100% when I want it, which is PERFECT.

Also, my one real complaint is I want a deep carry clip. I noticed Rey said the Brass and Ti versions will have deep carry? Will that be available to purchase on it’s own as well?

Renthal
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2019 - 16:33
Posts: 19

What version of sst20 are they shipping with?

lukehale
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 05/13/2020 - 15:15
Posts: 151
Renthal wrote:
What version of sst20 are they shipping with?

CountyComm has the 219B, not the SST20

I just realized that was probably directed at Rey and not me…

ReyLight
ReyLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 1 hour ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 02:35
Posts: 2136
Location: 1200km away from home.

lukehale wrote:
Got mine from CountyComm yesterday, and I actually posted that I wanted to sell it because the tint was TOO rosy for me… but after using it for the rest of the day/night I decided I kind of love it.

I would say though, that I accidentally discovered the shortcut to turbo/high on my own, because on the Reylight website and on CountyComm, that shortcut is not listed. I have since found that it IS listed on Bangood. Rey I would suggest adding the “shortcut to turbo” info to the site. I say that because until I figured that out, I was kinda annoyed I couldn’t get to turbo quickly.

I was very excited to discover that the shortcut to turbo works in ALL mode options, so I can set it to mode 3 like I want and still have 100% when I want it, which is PERFECT.

Also, my one real complaint is I want a deep carry clip. I noticed Rey said the Brass and Ti versions will have deep carry? Will that be available to purchase on it’s own as well?

Ah yes, thanks for the tip. I havn’t listed it. Shortcuts: Quick double clicks = turbo

The new deep carry clip can fit the copper one, but it requires some mod. We need to file down the tailcap 0.8-1mm to fit the captured clip.

ReyLight
ReyLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 1 hour ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 02:35
Posts: 2136
Location: 1200km away from home.
Renthal wrote:
What version of sst20 are they shipping with?

CountyComm has the 219B in stock. I have a few SST20 6000K in stock.

bansuri
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 16 hours ago
Joined: 01/30/2017 - 23:43
Posts: 517
Location: Land of Lincoln

Has anyone done an emitter swap on one of these? I’d ordered a 219b from Rey and got something else. I guess it’s the 6000k and it’s just purple.
I ordered early May and it shipped soon after but shipping these days is just so slow. Sending it back and waiting for a replacement is not an option.

Specific question is: Are the connections on the MCPCB wires or posts from the driver? (I ask because Liteflux 2 layer boards used pins for the connection).
The MCPCB has a thermal glue but it looks like it would release easy enough.
Thanks for any help!

Pages