Coronavirus discussion thread

6271 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rexlion
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 05/18/2019 - 16:59
Posts: 795
Location: Okla.

NorthernHarrier wrote:
However, there are also many people infected who will die, but have not died yet. Including these people in the death count would increase the true death risk.
As a matter of fact there are 7 billion people on this planet who will die, but have not died yet! LOL
NorthernHarrier
NorthernHarrier's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 11/30/2018 - 12:05
Posts: 351
Location: Eastern USA

I realize that human beings all die, but I appreciate your reminder. The words in that sentence would normally be well understood to refer to people who die of the virus, due to the context of that sentence following other sentences that refer to deaths from the virus, rather than deaths from other diseases, accidents, suicides, etc. However, I will make the meaning of the sentence crystal clear within itself by adding words.

I apologize for any confusion I caused by not writing every sentence in my post so that every sentence is clear without reference to, or context coming from, any other sentence. I trust you’ll forgive me, as I’m sure you understand that few of us are capable of writing with the clarity and precision evident in your posts.

Joshk
Joshk's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 09/09/2015 - 12:12
Posts: 2482
Location: USA

It was a bit silly, but I am liking the more chill Rexlion these days. Beer

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 5610
Location: Portugal

And this is the perfet moment for a musical interlude ;)

[REVIEWS] ACEBEAM: H20 / TK16 // AMUTORCH: S3 / S3 vs 219c / AM30 / AX1 / VG10 // BLITZWOLF: BW-ET1 // BRINYTE: T28 / PT18pro / PT28 // DQG: AA Slim Ti // FIREFLIES: ROT66 GEN II // HC-LIGHTS: SS AAA // KLARUS: XT1C // LIVARNOLUX: 314791 // LUMINTOP: Tool AA V2.0 + Tool 25 // NITEFOX: UT20 / ES10K / K3 // ODEPRO: KL52 / B108 // OLIGHT: M2R Warrior / OW Mini // ON THE ROAD: M1 / i3 / M3 Pro / 311 / Z821 / i5 // ROVYVON: A2 + A5R / E300S / A8 / A23 / E200u // SKILHUNT: M150 / M200 // SOFIRN: SF14 + SP10A / SP32A / SP10B // WUBEN: TO10R / E05 / T70 / E10 / TO50R / E19 / E12R / E61 // XTAR: PB2 Charger // Mods: 1 / 2 // TIR: 1 / 2 // Others: Biscotti 3 + 1*7135 / Triple TIR w/ XP-G2 /// My Collection /// My Review’s Blog (PT) /// OL Contest 2019 /// GIVEAWAY: 1 / 2

Muto
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 16:42
Posts: 2468
Location: Southeast, PA

Now this thread is taking a turn for the better.

Rock On!

“History doesn’t repeat itself, but it sometimes rhymes,” Mark Twain

After the Apocalypse there will be only 2 things left alive, Cockroaches and Keith Richards

“You’ll develop like a herd mentality,”
“It’s gonna be herd-developed and that’s gonna happen.”

Yep it already happened

raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 14719
Location: रॅकून सिटी Palm Desert CA USA

I think this thread has been pretty civil since sb last intervened.

There have been some small arguments, but nothing major that has bugged me.

hank
hank's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 09/04/2011 - 21:52
Posts: 9381
Location: Berkeley, California

Did you say Sweden?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/09/25/sweden-coronavirus-debat...

Quote:
… officials are concerned by the increases, which are higher than many of their neighbors. Prime Minister Stefan Löfven said Thursday that the new numbers were “worrying” and that plans to relax restrictions on large public gatherings would be put on hold….
hank
hank's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 09/04/2011 - 21:52
Posts: 9381
Location: Berkeley, California
Photon Master
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 04/07/2018 - 14:04
Posts: 206
Location: Mars

71k5 wrote:
NorthernHarrier wrote:
Yet another person trying to instigate an argument by misrepresenting information, then accusing others of doing the same by correcting the misrepresentations. Bravo.

It’s already been explained that the figures given were estimates, based on various assumptions, from early numbers tabulated in one investigation in Europe. The authors state clearly that those numbers do not represent the expected effects of the virus, in Europe or elsewhere.

So the data I provided, is a misrepresentation?

Quote:
The CDC updated the survival rates of those INFECTED with COVID19:

0-19 – 99.997%
20-49 – 99.98%
50-69 – 99.5%
70+ – 94.6%

CDC survival rates for COVID19 infections.

Look at Scenario 5, Table 1.

Where the data states Infection Fatality ratio :

Quote:

0-19 years: 0.00003
20-49 years: 0.0002
50-69 years: 0.005
70+ years: 0.054

How is that a misrepresentation, when it is data DIRECTLY from the report?

Keep trying to blame me, for yours and others’, efforts to instigate an argument.

When are we going to get some Moderation here?

I actually found your statistics to be quite interesting (and encouraging!). Thanks for taking the time to share that information my friend

Photon Master
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 04/07/2018 - 14:04
Posts: 206
Location: Mars

MascaratumB wrote:
And this is the perfet moment for a musical interlude ;)

Your reviews are awesome! Any recommendation on a warm headlamp? I wear my Nitecore around the house (wife thinks it looks stupid) and use the red LED at night but the white is 6500K.

Thanks

John75
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 16 hours ago
Joined: 08/11/2020 - 08:05
Posts: 65
Quote:
If official figures exist, there is no disputing that they exist.

NorthernHarrier, even children know what sophism is :

Please, just stay there, in your “official wonderland” and gently let others use their brain Wink

Kindle
Kindle's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 04/22/2011 - 10:24
Posts: 802
Location: USA
John75 wrote:
Please, just stay there, in your “official wonderland” and gently let others use their brain Wink

Casting aspersions from the sidelines doesn’t further the discussion.

If you feel you have something valuable & verifiable to add please feel free to share it.

caramba
caramba's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 11/09/2016 - 14:43
Posts: 572

On a different note, did you know that toilet seat covers do nothing for you?

when you don’t use a toilet seat cover?

John75
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 16 hours ago
Joined: 08/11/2020 - 08:05
Posts: 65
Kindle wrote:
John75 wrote:
Please, just stay there, in your “official wonderland” and gently let others use their brain Wink

Casting aspersions from the sidelines doesn’t further the discussion.

If you feel you have something valuable & verifiable to add please feel free to share it.

Kindle, should we accept a fallacy, because it has been officially accepted as “a norm”?

Of course not.

In fact, many people would like to further the discussion regarding this “little economic issue”, but some others like you and Harrier seems to prevent that process.

There is 2 camps since the beginning of that “viral affair” :

- A majority who bear the consequences of that psychologic and economic terror, and those (a minority and their employee$) who defend the official “figures” because they make a huge amount of money from it.

The sentence written by Harrier represents the quintessence of grammatical/semantic nonsense (gross BS)

_

Quote:
If official figures exist, there is no disputing that they exist.
_

Therefore (following that linguistic approach)

_

Quote:
If official puppets exist, there is no disputing that they exist.
_

_

Quote:
If official lies exist, there is no disputing that they exist.
_

Et caetera, et caetera…

If = *supposition, *

By definition, a supposition is the opposite of any form of exactitude (fact, truth, or whatever term corresponding to that meaning)

But here we are :

- The new norm, is not just a “isolate modification regarding sanitary issues” Nope.

*What is called “new norm, is in fact a global paradigm switch. *

Those who sell drugs (and associates), need, faithful consumers. Good obedient clients. No more common sense, no more logic, just dazed and confused online consumers…

Let’s just put aside the floating figures that scientifically correspond to nothing else than market analysis fluctuations.

The new norm wants the People to believe in anything, even though it is totally illogical, ridiculous or worse, hazardous for their future, IT HAS TO BE ACCEPTED AS THE TRUTH.

Well, you are free to believe in commercial bs, it’s your choice. Go ahead, you are “free”

On my side (and many other members on this forum and in the real world) dare to observe and think. Thinking is the basement of any scientific approach, and WE > FLASHLIGHT LOVERS Smile enjoy logical and practical thinking !

Oh, and yeah, freedom of speech find its way through humor and satiric matter :

John75
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 16 hours ago
Joined: 08/11/2020 - 08:05
Posts: 65

Because they are not paid for that (and others are simply too afraid to loose their account to defend their point of view)

Unheard
Unheard's picture
Online
Last seen: 4 min 25 sec ago
Joined: 01/16/2019 - 11:38
Posts: 1284
Location: Germany

John75 wrote:

Oh, and yeah, freedom of speech find its way through humor and satiric matter :

[…]


Goebbels would have loved that cartoonist.

Never thought I’d see so much hate on BLF.

Smile, you cannot kill them all.

John75
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 16 hours ago
Joined: 08/11/2020 - 08:05
Posts: 65

Unheard wrote:
John75 wrote:

Oh, and yeah, freedom of speech find its way through humor and satiric matter :

[…]


Goebbels would have loved that cartoonist.

Never thought I’d see so much hate on BLF.

Please > No politics here.

Kindle
Kindle's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 04/22/2011 - 10:24
Posts: 802
Location: USA
John75 wrote:
Kindle, should we accept a fallacy, because it has been officially accepted as “a norm”?

The only thing that matters is data. Again, you’ve not provided any. You’ve made claims about what others believe but offered nothing in the way of supporting evidence.

I don’t particularly care where individuals stand in regards to the topic. Posters with very different points of views have been able to discuss the issue amicably. You’ve chosen not to participate in a civil manner. Passive aggressive digs only hurt the conversation.

John75
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 16 hours ago
Joined: 08/11/2020 - 08:05
Posts: 65
Quote:
The only thing that matters is data. Again, you’ve not provided any.

Data? Well, data have, without exception, never fallen from the sky and been treated by self-made robots.

Data are sets of interpretations, human’s interpretations, which means, intrinsically subjective.

Objective data, by definition do not exist.

So, my aknowledged data are as suitable to my subject, than yours to your own subject.

Data (on both side) have been introduced on this threat, what remains are “dialectics“based on conflict of interest.

I defend the camp of people who do not believe, but think.

You defend the camp of a minority who profits from that crisis.

Quote:
You’ve made claims about what others believe but offered nothing in the way of supporting evidence.

I don’t believe,I judge based on my observation.

NorthernHarrier
NorthernHarrier's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 11/30/2018 - 12:05
Posts: 351
Location: Eastern USA

Unfortunately, by now I’m accustomed to being attacked for making simple statements of fact – even statements that can’t be disputed, like stating that it is indisputable that official statistics exist. We live in an age where people are either paid, or politically motivated, to anonymously make false statements about what other people say and hurl insults with the purpose of confusing others about the facts, or distracting them from the facts.

I’m not going to directly respond to the latest ad hominem attack on me, above, other than to thank the forum members who pointed out that I didn’t make any statements suggesting that the official figures are correct or incorrect, and that falsely accusing other members of making such statements for a nefarious purpose, or through dishonest means, is not appropriate and not what this forum, or this thread, are about.

Thunderay
Thunderay's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 01/14/2014 - 15:31
Posts: 94

John75 wrote:

The new norm wants the People to believe in anything, even though it is totally illogical, ridiculous or worse, hazardous for their future, IT HAS TO BE ACCEPTED AS THE TRUTH.

This guy has some blind followers, he should be a religion or cult leader Smile

Quote:
Did you say Sweden?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/09/25/sweden-coronavirus-debat...

Quote: … officials are concerned by the increases, which are higher than many of their neighbors. Prime Minister Stefan Löfven said Thursday that the new numbers were “worrying” and that plans to relax restrictions on large public gatherings would be put on hold….

cases in the country are on the rise…
What does that even mean ?!! Flat Stare

Never Ever let anyone stick anything into your nose and your head…

Nasal Swab Testing Insanity – DON’T DO IT!
https://www.bitchute.com/video/ggdr6l8jT0RL/

Does the PCR Test Detect the Virus?
The Corona Simulation Machine: Why the Inventor of The “Corona Test” Would Have Warned Us Not To Use It To Detect A Virus
https://www.globalresearch.ca/was-covid-19-test-meant-detect-virus/5724713

What is Covid-19, SARS-2. How is it Tested? How is It Measured? The Fear Campaign Has No Scientific Basis
https://www.globalresearch.ca/what-is-covid-19-sars-2-how-is-it-tested-how-is-it-measured-the-fear-campaign-has-no-scientific-basis/5722566

Quote:
Summary

Covid-19 is Similar to Influenza.
The whole exercise of PCR testing and establishing data of Covid-19 infection is flawed.
The figures are fabricated and so are the death certificates.
“Confirmed Cases” are not confirmed.
The RT-PCR Test Does not isolate the Covid-19 virus.



Chief Science Officer for Pfizer Says “Second Wave” Faked on False-Positive COVID Tests, “Pandemic Is Over”
https://www.globalresearch.ca/chief-science-officer-pfizer-says-second-wave-faked-false-positive-covid-tests-pandemic-over/5724753

Quote:
In a stunning development, a former Chief Science Officer for the pharmaceutical giant Pfizer says “there is no science to suggest a second wave should happen.” The “Big Pharma” insider asserts that false positive results from inherently unreliable COVID tests are being used to manufacture a “second wave” based on “new cases.”
raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 14719
Location: रॅकून सिटी Palm Desert CA USA

Thunderay wrote:

This guy has some blind followers, he should be a religion or cult leader Smile

I listen to reliable medical experts, and Dr. Fauci is still one of them, luckily, though that could change at any moment.

Blind followers?

I bet the people that listen to Dr. Fauci have more education and higher IQ scores than people that don't.

Yes, we might follow him as long as he is still reliable, but we sure as **** aren't blind.  :THUMBS-UP:

As to the rest of your post, by all means, keep on spreading misinformation.  :FACEPALM:

(That's about all you've done on BLF for over six months now.)

Thunderay
Thunderay's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 01/14/2014 - 15:31
Posts: 94

No one is trolling except some weirdo fake experts and reporters, spewing some nonsense on mainstream media each and every single day for the last 6 months…

Quote:
I listen to reliable medical experts, and Dr. Fauci is still one of them, luckily, though that could change at any moment.

Are you saying that he and other “medical experts” may become unreliable some day, all of a sudden ?!

Quote:
Yes, we might follow him as long as he is still reliable

Good for you my friend, keep following him… as long as he is still reliable LOL

Quote:
I bet the people that listen to Dr. Fauci have more education and higher IQ scores than people that don’t.

Don’t be so sure about that.. Wink

Muto
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 16:42
Posts: 2468
Location: Southeast, PA

Blaha, Blaha, Blah
BORING

“History doesn’t repeat itself, but it sometimes rhymes,” Mark Twain

After the Apocalypse there will be only 2 things left alive, Cockroaches and Keith Richards

“You’ll develop like a herd mentality,”
“It’s gonna be herd-developed and that’s gonna happen.”

Yep it already happened

raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 14719
Location: रॅकून सिटी Palm Desert CA USA

Thunderay wrote:

Are you saying that he and other "medical experts" may become unreliable some day, all of a sudden ?!

Not all of them at once, but some medical experts have given in to political pressure in the U.S. and are no longer trustworthy.

It could happen to Fauci, too.

Photon Master
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 04/07/2018 - 14:04
Posts: 206
Location: Mars

I just joined BLF recently and it’s really funny to see people arguing about COVID and politics on a flashlight forum (:

I think everyone should do what they want. Like masks? Buy one and wear it day and night if it makes you happy. Don’t like masks? Don’t wear one

NorthernHarrier
NorthernHarrier's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 11/30/2018 - 12:05
Posts: 351
Location: Eastern USA

Thunderay: it is misleading to assert that the globalresearch website claims Dr. Fauci is currently saying that Covid-19 has a death rate similar to the death rate of influenza. The website uses a statement Dr. Fauci made in March about the data they had at that early stage of its spread in North America — and we now know the death rate is many times higher than that. In fact, shortly after that statement was made and consistently thereafter, Dr. Fauci made very different statements about the death rate from Covid-19, based on the data that was increasingly collected in North America as cases increased there.

As for nasal swabs, the advice you are giving is the opposite of the advice given by actual disease and virology experts. See this article: https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/which-test-is-best-for-covid-19-2020081020734

The nasal swab is the best alternative, because it gives fewer false negatives than other methods. Most false positives are the result of errors in the lab, and other problems with how the results are handled or analyzed, not the result of flaws in the test.

One might reasonably ask why you are spinning old data to minimize the danger of the virus at the current time? Why are you discouraging people from taking the most effective type of test for Covid-19, according to the experts?

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 5610
Location: Portugal
Photon Master wrote:
(…)I think everyone should do what they want. Like masks? Buy one and wear it day and night if it makes you happy. Don’t like masks? Don’t wear one

Well, in my perspective, it ain’t that simple!

If you’re infected and you don’t wear a mask just because it doesn’t make you happy, and you happen to infect me or other people, besides putting many lives at risk (under a medical perspective), you are committing the crime of public propagation of disease (under a legal perspective).

So… happinness and wearing a mask is probably not the best correlation to do here! Actually, wearing a mask doesn’t make me happy, but will probably make me safer (under a scientific perspective).

Of course, if you choose not to wear a mask due to – and I really mean it – STUPID, biased and unfounded beliefs you are just doing it under political perspective.

And, unfortunately, this is the one by which many people in many countries…seem to prefer to be guided! And therefore they will be – again – STUPIDLY putting at risk other peoples lives, the so-called “reopening” and many other things in society, some of which can be framed under an economical perspective.

Photon Master wrote:
Your reviews are awesome! Any recommendation on a warm headlamp? I wear my Nitecore around the house (wife thinks it looks stupid) and use the red LED at night but the white is 6500K. Thanks

Thanks Photon Master Smile After all we still are in a flashlight forum Wink

About a good headlamp recommendation, I may not be the best person to do that Oops I only have 2 so far, so I don’t have much experince with headlamps. Maybe the one from Sofirn can be a good choice, under a budget perspective!
However, if you have some more money to spend, eventually other brands can suit your needs in terms of the required specs Wink

[REVIEWS] ACEBEAM: H20 / TK16 // AMUTORCH: S3 / S3 vs 219c / AM30 / AX1 / VG10 // BLITZWOLF: BW-ET1 // BRINYTE: T28 / PT18pro / PT28 // DQG: AA Slim Ti // FIREFLIES: ROT66 GEN II // HC-LIGHTS: SS AAA // KLARUS: XT1C // LIVARNOLUX: 314791 // LUMINTOP: Tool AA V2.0 + Tool 25 // NITEFOX: UT20 / ES10K / K3 // ODEPRO: KL52 / B108 // OLIGHT: M2R Warrior / OW Mini // ON THE ROAD: M1 / i3 / M3 Pro / 311 / Z821 / i5 // ROVYVON: A2 + A5R / E300S / A8 / A23 / E200u // SKILHUNT: M150 / M200 // SOFIRN: SF14 + SP10A / SP32A / SP10B // WUBEN: TO10R / E05 / T70 / E10 / TO50R / E19 / E12R / E61 // XTAR: PB2 Charger // Mods: 1 / 2 // TIR: 1 / 2 // Others: Biscotti 3 + 1*7135 / Triple TIR w/ XP-G2 /// My Collection /// My Review’s Blog (PT) /// OL Contest 2019 /// GIVEAWAY: 1 / 2

raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 52 min ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 14719
Location: रॅकून सिटी Palm Desert CA USA

Photon Master wrote:

I just joined BLF recently and it’s really funny to see people arguing about COVID and politics on a flashlight forum (:

You've posted multiple times in this thread, and you're just noticing this now?

A lot of this thread is people arguing over COVID-19 and politics.  :BEER:

kennybobby
kennybobby's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 05/10/2017 - 09:13
Posts: 531
Location: huntspatch, alabama

Thunderay wrote:

Chief Science Officer for Pfizer Says “Second Wave” Faked on False-Positive COVID Tests, “Pandemic Is Over”
https://www.globalresearch.ca/chief-science-officer-pfizer-says-second-wave-faked-false-positive-covid-tests-pandemic-over/5724753
Quote:
In a stunning development, a former Chief Science Officer for the pharmaceutical giant Pfizer says “there is no science to suggest a second wave should happen.” The “Big Pharma” insider asserts that false positive results from inherently unreliable COVID tests are being used to manufacture a “second wave” based on “new cases.”

This would be great news if no second wave occurs. i watch the daily reporting of 215 countries and other entities for new cases and deaths reported. It seems hard to believe that all these entities would be using the same unreliable test? Could this be true and all the daily reports are in error? It may not be as deadly as it was in March, but the daily death rate is nearly the same at about 5k per day. Are these deaths being falsely reported from around the world?

It’s possible to survive a single-lung pneumonia, but double pneumonia is mostly fatal. The covid-19 seems to be a more deadly version of influenza—what is it that you propose people to do in this situation?

Favorite Song = "Flashlight" (BLF of course, with a righteous bass)
https://youtu.be/gCTGMIXaD64

Exercise and Training:
My typical training routine: https://youtu.be/_aVASp9raMk
Morning Workout: https://youtu.be/ZEA_3yXG570

Remember Don't Do Drugs...
without me: https://youtu.be/oVKtxHTcnho

Pages