Coronavirus **personal experiences** thread

7798 posts / 0 new
Last post
jon_slider
jon_slider's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 50 min ago
Joined: 09/08/2015 - 12:20
Posts: 5037
Location: Central North America

somebody is not listening

sb56637 wrote:
@Colonel Light: Your last post was removed because it violates the BLF rules against promoting controversy. Please avoid this thread from now on.

and still not listening:

sb56637 wrote:
sb56637 wrote:
@Colonel Light: Please avoid this thread from now on.

Colonel Light, please respect this instruction that I gave you previously.

I suggest people use the Report button.. it is an automated algorythm that deletes reported posts, if enough people click it

Unheard
Unheard's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 01/16/2019 - 11:38
Posts: 2239
Location: Germany

How many reports does it take?

Smile, you cannot kill them all.

Jabe1
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 08/17/2015 - 23:45
Posts: 83
Location: Ohio

Not the place for tinfoil hats:

NorthernHarrier
NorthernHarrier's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 11/30/2018 - 12:05
Posts: 586
Location: Eastern USA

Although the obvious conspiracy theories that are wacky (“people with red hair are plotting with Volkswagen owners to take over the world”) are against forum rules and should not be allowed, I am less worried that people will believe them and act on that kind of nonsense than I am worried about the kind of nonsense that is an attempt to scare people away from getting vaccinated under the guise of being sincerely concerned about an alleged possible danger from the vaccines. The former is easy to see as false and coming from a malicious agenda, but the latter is more likely to be given some credence by people who do not have the ability or are too lazy to do their own simple research and find out that the various theoretical problems mentioned have no basis in reality and have not been reported even once in millions and millions of vaccine doses being administered over many months.

"However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." - Stanley Kubrick

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Online
Last seen: 2 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 15704
Location: nyc
NorthernHarrier wrote:
Although the obvious conspiracy theories that are wacky (“people with red hair are plotting with Volkswagen owners to take over the world”)…

Wellp, it’s blondes and it’s now Voltswagen, but you were close. And the plans are already under way, so there’s nothing you can do about it now.

True dat.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

bigtrav261
bigtrav261's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 08/20/2017 - 15:37
Posts: 225
Location: Julian (Greensboro), North Carolina

Unheard wrote:
bigtrav261 wrote:

Just like here in NC. The governor has stated that he intends to lift all social distancing and capacity restrictions (and hopefully all outdoor mask requirements) on June 1, as long as vaccination and other metrics stay on track. Even though we haven’t reached herd immunity yet, state officials feel that we’ll be stable enough that our medical care can handle the current levels. At 67% partially vaccinated, the mask mandate will be dropped completely.

Nice. Do you have a source for it?

‘If more North Carolinians get vaccinated, the state could end most pandemic restrictions by June 1, Gov. Roy Cooper said Wednesday, though the mask will likely remain. In order for that to happen, though, at least 67% of the state’s adults would have to have at least a first-dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.’

‘Cooper said his conversations with state health officials have solidified his belief that “we’ll have enough protection across our communities to be able to live more safely with this virus.”’

COVID-19 restrictions ending June 1? Only if North Carolinians hit key targets.

ShyOne
ShyOne's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 weeks 14 hours ago
Joined: 08/08/2019 - 23:23
Posts: 388
Location: Cortez, FL Cuchara, CO Homeport..AL

In Florida for a few months living the dream.

All government mandated restrictions here lifted.

Life is good. ✔️

jon_slider
jon_slider's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 50 min ago
Joined: 09/08/2015 - 12:20
Posts: 5037
Location: Central North America

Florida confirmed cases are still growing
and people in Florida are twice as likely to test positive, compared to California

California cases have flattened the curve

both states have 30% of the population vaccinated.

NorthernHarrier
NorthernHarrier's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 11/30/2018 - 12:05
Posts: 586
Location: Eastern USA

Well, you know what they say: “infections have consequences.”

"However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." - Stanley Kubrick

JaredM
JaredM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 45 min ago
Joined: 10/31/2011 - 13:33
Posts: 2235
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
NorthernHarrier wrote:
I am worried about the kind of nonsense that is an attempt to scare people away from getting vaccinated under the guise of being sincerely concerned about an alleged possible danger from the vaccines. … more likely to be given some credence by people who do not have the ability or are too lazy to do their own simple research and find out that the various theoretical problems mentioned have no basis in reality and have not been reported even once in millions and millions of vaccine doses being administered over many months.

Have you ever looked at the VAERS database for the C19 vaccines? There are close to 3K deaths reported so far in the US and hundreds more serious reactions documented including cardiovascular and neurological episodes. The only false and misleading information here is that “[adverse reactions] have not been reported even once in millions and millions of vaccine doses”. NOTE: Despite stating these statistics, I recognize there are not mechanistic explanations for these events. Enumerable pathways and explanations exist. Some, but definitely not all will be coincidence or otherwise false. The VAERS data includes verified AND nonverified reports.

I’m sorry you are worried about this information spreading but these are peer reviewed papers from prestigious institutions. Saying this is ‘nonsense’ under a ‘guise of being sincere’ is your opinion as well (maybe even a conspiracy theory in itself). I am sincere. Sincere that I want to know what the heck is going on to the best of my ability. I won’t accept your interpretation of my sharing of information and allegations of me ‘scaring people away’ from the vaccines. Find where I said anything to that end and I’ll stand corrected. Additionally, if you want to refute the results of the researchers findings, I’m sure they’ll reply to your emails.

Not yet peer reviewed but in pre-print, a seemingly solid study from MIT/Harvard , has found substantial evidence that parts of Sars-COV-2 viral RNA has made it into the genome of recovered patients of the disease. This was said to be impossible by the same logic used to say that vaccine RNA can’t find it’s way into DNA. The reality is that all the answers don’t yet exist, and we won’t know the true impact of Covid or the vaccines for many years to come.

Lastly, if SB has issue with what I share I’ll take directions from him. I do not adhere to other members attempts at policing the forum.

raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Online
Last seen: 11 min 23 sec ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 17084
Location: रॅकून सिटी Palm Desert CA USA

jon_slider wrote:

California cases have flattened the curve

Yup, California is looking pretty good right now, in the U.S. at least.

I think our governor has followed the science pretty well.

I hope that my part of California has herd immunity when the mask mandate inevitably gets dropped for things like shopping indoors.

ShyOne
ShyOne's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 weeks 14 hours ago
Joined: 08/08/2019 - 23:23
Posts: 388
Location: Cortez, FL Cuchara, CO Homeport..AL
JaredM wrote:
NorthernHarrier wrote:
I am worried about the kind of nonsense that is an attempt to scare people away from getting vaccinated under the guise of being sincerely concerned about an alleged possible danger from the vaccines. … more likely to be given some credence by people who do not have the ability or are too lazy to do their own simple research and find out that the various theoretical problems mentioned have no basis in reality and have not been reported even once in millions and millions of vaccine doses being administered over many months.

Have you ever looked at the VAERS database for the C19 vaccines? There are close to 3K deaths reported so far in the US and hundreds more serious reactions documented including cardiovascular and neurological episodes. The only false and misleading information here is that “[adverse reactions] have not been reported even once in millions and millions of vaccine doses”. NOTE: Despite stating these statistics, I recognize there are not mechanistic explanations for these events. Enumerable pathways and explanations exist. Some, but definitely not all will be coincidence or otherwise false. The VAERS data includes verified AND nonverified reports.

I’m sorry you are worried about this information spreading but these are peer reviewed papers from prestigious institutions. Saying this is ‘nonsense’ under a ‘guise of being sincere’ is your opinion as well (maybe even a conspiracy theory in itself). I am sincere. Sincere that I want to know what the heck is going on to the best of my ability. I won’t accept your interpretation of my sharing of information and allegations of me ‘scaring people away’ from the vaccines. Find where I said anything to that end and I’ll stand corrected. Additionally, if you want to refute the results of the researchers findings, I’m sure they’ll reply to your emails.

Not yet peer reviewed but in pre-print, a seemingly solid study from MIT/Harvard , has found substantial evidence that parts of Sars-COV-2 viral RNA has made it into the genome of recovered patients of the disease. This was said to be impossible by the same logic used to say that vaccine RNA can’t find it’s way into DNA. The reality is that all the answers don’t yet exist, and we won’t know the true impact of Covid or the vaccines for many years to come.

Lastly, if SB has issue with what I share I’ll take directions from him. I do not adhere to other members attempts at policing the forum.


Well said JaredM, thank you for the links & info.✔️✔️
Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Online
Last seen: 2 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 15704
Location: nyc
JaredM wrote:
Not yet peer reviewed but in pre-print, a seemingly solid study from MIT/Harvard , has found substantial evidence that parts of Sars-COV-2 viral RNA has made it into the genome of recovered patients of the disease. This was said to be impossible by the same logic used to say that vaccine RNA can’t find it’s way into DNA. The reality is that all the answers don’t yet exist, and we won’t know the true impact of Covid or the vaccines for many years to come.

Isn’t that the whole idea, a given, of epigenetics?

There’s a good documentary, “Human Nature“, that goes into that, discoveries that led to CRISPR, etc.

But yeah, viruses, bacteria, etc., can all leave their genetic stank all over your DNA when you’re exposed to them.

And I imagine that also applies to fragments like those in vaccines, too.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

NorthernHarrier
NorthernHarrier's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 11/30/2018 - 12:05
Posts: 586
Location: Eastern USA

I didn’t mention or refer to any member’s posts in Post No. 7506, above. I have never attempted to “police” the forum, contrary to the condemnation of me above, and I have no interest in doing so. I’m not going to get into a back-and-forth personal battle with anyone. I will just offer a few comments on information posted about the vaccines, because posting accurate information about the vaccines is a legitimate and allowed function of the thread.

First, the VAERS database does not say that the events reported are reactions to the vaccine. The reporting in the database makes that clear. That applies to the deaths reported, as well as the cardiovascular and neurological events reported. I have never claimed that adverse reactions have never once been reported relating to the vaccines, so I have no idea why that accusation was made in the same post commenting on my opinions.

The Harvard/MIT study reporting that finding about parts of the virus RNA being found in the genome of recovered patients has nothing to do with the vaccines, as the vaccines were specifically engineered to prevent that from happening, and there is no evidence, after millions of vaccinations and many months, of it happening with the vaccines. This has been explained many times in this forum. The vaccine mRNA never enters the nucleus of the cell, where our DNA material is stored.

It is also simply not true that behavior of the vaccines was thought by scientists to be exactly like the behavior of the live virus, in its effects on our DNA or on any other structure or function of the human body.

"However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." - Stanley Kubrick

JaredM
JaredM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 45 min ago
Joined: 10/31/2011 - 13:33
Posts: 2235
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

What then where you referring to in your statement that I quoted in 7512?

NorthernHarrier wrote:
there is no evidence, after millions of vaccinations and many months, of it happening with the vaccines. This has been explained many times in this forum. The vaccine mRNA never enters the nucleus of the cell, where our DNA material is stored.

There also haven’t been mass DNA testing on those vaccinated but never infected to determine if ‘nobody’ has seen alterations in their genes. If the mass surveillance studies haven’t been performed, then there is no ‘explanation’ that is valid.

There are pathways for RNA of any kind to become DNA, and then integrate into our genes. It is called reverse transcription and is a well known process which is how HIV and HepB function, among many other retroviruses. Additionally, there are ‘built in’, for the lack of a better term, retroviruses called human endogenous retroviruses (HERVs) that everybody has. It seems unlikely at this point that the mRNA would go through this pathway on it’s own, but not impossible. Concurrent infection is one proposed situation that may open a ‘back-door’ for this to occur.

My statement that your last line opposes was misunderstood, probably due to hasty/sloppy writing on my part. What I mean is that everyone is saying with regard to the vaccines ‘it’s impossible for RNA to enter the genome/DNA as there’s no route for it to do so’. My rebuttal is showing how the ‘impossible’ happened with the real virus and the pathway that the researchers found is just one example of how it could occur. These are absolutely NOT to be compared one for one, however.

I don’t put any outcome out of the realm of possibility when you are talking about millions of humans receiving a brand new technology that has been developed at ‘warp speed’. YMMV

We have been lucky so far.

Firelight2
Firelight2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 42 min ago
Joined: 04/08/2011 - 15:17
Posts: 4616
Location: California

Got my second shot of Pfizer yesterday.

No side effects until around midnight when I developed severe chills. Turned up the heat and put a large pile of blankets on my bed and still freezing. I ended up putting my down-coat on the bed as a blanket, which helped.

After a few hours the chills subsided and I was able to get to sleep. Today however, I had a mild fever all day and was very tired. Ended up sleeping most of the day.

Hoping I’m all back to normal tomorrow.

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Online
Last seen: 2 min 27 sec ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 15704
Location: nyc

Firelight2 wrote:
Got my second shot of Pfizer yesterday.

No side effects until around midnight when I developed severe chills. Turned up the heat and put a large pile of blankets on my bed and still freezing. I ended up putting my down-coat on the bed as a blanket, which helped.

After a few hours the chills subsided and I was able to get to sleep. Today however, I had a mild fever all day and was very tired. Ended up sleeping most of the day.

Hoping I’m all back to normal tomorrow.

Sure ya got the right shot? LOL

 

For me, whenever I feel any ailment coming on, I’ll soak in the tub as hot as I can stand it, sinking low in the water like the Mighty Hippopotamus. Raises your core temperature to induce fever, helps fight off the little bugs.

Nb: if you start to feel your pulse pounding, and the urge to get up NOW, that means you’re heating up too much. For me, a minute or two upright to cool down, then back down into the broth.

All in all, it feels good, helps fight off the little bugs, and if you got the chills, that hot water warms ya right up.

Ymmv, of course.

Whups, water cooling off? Drain some, refill with pure hot. LOL

Oh yeah, getting out of the water into the cold air is pure Hell, especially once you open up the door and it’s no more nice warm steamy air, but drier “room temperature” air, whatever that might be. Brrrr.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 17993
Location: Amsterdam

JaredM wrote:
What then where you referring to in your statement that I quoted in 7512?
NorthernHarrier wrote:
there is no evidence, after millions of vaccinations and many months, of it happening with the vaccines. This has been explained many times in this forum. The vaccine mRNA never enters the nucleus of the cell, where our DNA material is stored.

There also haven’t been mass DNA testing on those vaccinated but never infected to determine if ‘nobody’ has seen alterations in their genes. If the mass surveillance studies haven’t been performed, then there is no ‘explanation’ that is valid.

There are pathways for RNA of any kind to become DNA, and then integrate into our genes. It is called reverse transcription and is a well known process which is how HIV and HepB function, among many other retroviruses. Additionally, there are ‘built in’, for the lack of a better term, retroviruses called human endogenous retroviruses (HERVs) that everybody has. It seems unlikely at this point that the mRNA would go through this pathway on it’s own, but not impossible. Concurrent infection is one proposed situation that may open a ‘back-door’ for this to occur.

My statement that your last line opposes was misunderstood, probably due to hasty/sloppy writing on my part. What I mean is that everyone is saying with regard to the vaccines ‘it’s impossible for RNA to enter the genome/DNA as there’s no route for it to do so’. My rebuttal is showing how the ‘impossible’ happened with the real virus and the pathway that the researchers found is just one example of how it could occur. These are absolutely NOT to be compared one for one, however.

I don’t put any outcome out of the realm of possibility when you are talking about millions of humans receiving a brand new technology that has been developed at ‘warp speed’. YMMV

We have been lucky so far.


We have certainly been lucky Smile and we must thank the science (who relentlessly are busy finding new knowledge with as mayor motivation: curiosity Smile ) and even the farmaceutical industry (whose motivation is largely profit but because there are mere humans working even they are partly motivated by doing good) for finding a way less messy way out of the pandemic than just let many more millions die.

About retroviruses: the reason that their RNA is copied into DNA is because of the enzyme reverse transcriptase, a unique protein which is brought in by the retroviruses themselves but is completely absent in humans if they are not infected by retroviruses. So as far as my biology knowledge goes there really is no pathway in the human body for RNA to make it into the human genome (but I have not picked up everything from the latest biology). I’m surprised that SARS-COV2 sequences have been found in the genome of some humans, I have not read the article but I could speculate that there was a co-infection with SARS-COV2 and some retrovirus to make that happen. In any way it sounds like it must be rare.

pennzy
pennzy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 52 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 19:45
Posts: 3826
Location: United States , Pa.

I think they should stop showing people getting stuck if they want to get more people stuck.

Henk4U2
Henk4U2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 02/13/2014 - 17:52
Posts: 4126
Location: The heart of the Netherlands (GMT+1)

Starting June, the EU won’t renew contracts with AZ. There were some doubts about the side-effects, but the main reason is that AZ is not able (some think: willing) to deliver the agreed quantities.

You are a flashaholic if you are forced to come out of the closet, to make room for more flashlights.

NorthernHarrier
NorthernHarrier's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 11/30/2018 - 12:05
Posts: 586
Location: Eastern USA

post with personal story deleted to avoid any misinterpretation by anyone

"However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." - Stanley Kubrick

ShyOne
ShyOne's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 weeks 14 hours ago
Joined: 08/08/2019 - 23:23
Posts: 388
Location: Cortez, FL Cuchara, CO Homeport..AL

jon_slider wrote:
Florida confirmed cases are still growing
and people in Florida are twice as likely to test positive, compared to California

California cases have flattened the curve

both states have 30% of the population vaccinated.

Those are interesting graphs.
I also find it interesting that the infection & death data per capita in Florida is almost identical with that of California.

Florida has had minimal restrictions/lockdowns compared to the severe restrictions/lockdowns of California.
Yet there is virtually no difference in how the virus has affected the population

And both states are below the national average.

In the USA, as of 8 May 2021; a person has a 0.180% of catching & dying of COVID.
That is a 99.820% chance of not catching & dying of COVID.

Nationally, as of 8 May 2021; those that do catch COVID have a 1.780% chance of dying.
A 98.220% chance of living & not dying.

As it appears it would be against BLF Rules to offer an opinion on this data, I offer none.

The data is below as are the notations where it was obtained.
…….
Florida [Minimal restrictions / lockdowns]
Pop. 21,538,187
Cases 2,272,102
Deaths 35,785
Pop. 0.166% died
Cases 1.575% died
…….
California [Severe restrictions / lockdowns]
Pop. 39,538,223
Cases 3,758,663
Deaths 62,303
Pop. 0.158% died
Cases 1.658% died
…….
AMERICA [Varied restrictions / lockdowns]
Pop. 331,449,281
Cases 33,483,779
Deaths 595,865
Pop. 0.180% died
Cases 1.780% died
…………

  • Population data from 2020 USA Census.

NorthernHarrier
NorthernHarrier's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 11/30/2018 - 12:05
Posts: 586
Location: Eastern USA

Speaking of statistics, for those interested in seeing profiles of how the various states are doing in the USA, the CDC publishes its Community Profile Report. Included in the report are areas of concern within the country, and also profiles of the individual states, with the following statistics listed as of May 11, 2021: cases per 100,000 population; viral lab test positivity rate; confirmed admissions per 100 beds, and more. The states are grouped as follows: High transmission states, substantial transmission states, moderate transmission states, and low transmission states.

The high transmission states listed in the latest report: Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Washington, and Wyoming.

See the report at the following link (of course, I do not endorse or confirm any information or conclusions contained in the report, I am only providing information about what the report says):
https://beta.healthdata.gov/Health/COVID-19-Community-Profile-Report/gqxm-d9w9

"However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." - Stanley Kubrick

jon_slider
jon_slider's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 50 min ago
Joined: 09/08/2015 - 12:20
Posts: 5037
Location: Central North America

NorthernHarrier wrote:
Speaking of statistics, for those interested in seeing profiles of how the various states are doing in the USA, the CDC publishes its Community Profile Report.

thanks for the link, here are some of the charts
fwiw, Im not about to argue that one state has a better way than another..

we are all in it together and I just hope we all continue to make progress together

my opinion, we still have a long way to go… it is not over
Im grateful that more people are being vaccinated

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 6875
Location: Portugal

Funny, from this last map it seems there is a straight line from North Dakota down to Texas diving the continental country (except Alaska) in half! Those grey areas, I mean!

jon_slider
jon_slider's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 50 min ago
Joined: 09/08/2015 - 12:20
Posts: 5037
Location: Central North America

MascaratumB wrote:
Funny, from this last map it seems there is a straight line from North Dakota down to Texas diving the continental country (except Alaska) in half! Those grey areas, I mean!

I see what you mean
I think it is due to low population density in those areas.
raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Online
Last seen: 11 min 23 sec ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 17084
Location: रॅकून सिटी Palm Desert CA USA

jon_slider wrote:

I was going to talk about how great my county (Riverside) is doing in these two maps, but upon closer inspection, there are a lot of counties that are doing better.

(We're yellow in both maps.)

Still, Riverside county is doing decently right now.  :BEER:

bigtrav261
bigtrav261's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 08/20/2017 - 15:37
Posts: 225
Location: Julian (Greensboro), North Carolina

North Carolina today dropped social distancing and mask requirements (except schools, public transportation, prisons, certain healthcare, ect.), effective immediately. NC will no longer require mask, social distan

raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Online
Last seen: 11 min 23 sec ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 17084
Location: रॅकून सिटी Palm Desert CA USA

Just great...

Let's spike the ball on the 20 yard line instead of waiting until we make it to the end zone.

I'm sure lots of states are doing this, not just North Carolina, but we haven't made it through this pandemic yet.

pennzy
pennzy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 52 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 19:45
Posts: 3826
Location: United States , Pa.

Mask sale.

Pages

Topic locked