CRX Halo Titanium & Carbon Fibre Triple

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
CRX
CRX's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 04/02/2013 - 15:27
Posts: 4231
Location: Scotland
CRX Halo Titanium & Carbon Fibre Triple

CRX Halo XP-L HI 5000K - LD-A4 Driver - 18350 - Rv Clicky Lighted Tail Sw - 1800lm.CRX Halo XP-L HI 5000K - LD-A4 Driver - 18350 - Rv Clicky Lighted Tail Sw - 1800lm.Hand made with hacksaws & files from Grade 9 titanium alloy, brass tube, carbon fibre, copper sheet and some other bits n pieces.

Grade 9 Titanium body with 3k 24mm x 22mm carbon fibre shell
Cree XP-L HI v2 5000K emitters
Copper LED4P DTP triple MCPCB
Copper core brass pill
Carclo 10508 optics
20mm x 1mm Sternkreuz glass
Brass bezel & tail (oxidized)
LED4P LD-A4 7-9A driver
LED4P ILC-0 reverse clicky lighted tail switch
GITD halo bezel ring & lighted tail
Steel switch button
Bayonet locking system with o-ring seal

Length - 78mm
Width - 24mm
Weight - 107g (with 18350 cell)

Max - 1800lm OTF (20 seconds stepdown to 605lm at 7A setting)

CRX Halo runtimes:

CRX Halo runtimes:

CRX Halo XP-L HI 5000K - LD-A4 Driver - 18350 - Rv Clicky Lighted Tail Sw - 1800lm.

CRX Halo & Rotary

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 6782
Location: Portugal

Seriously?
Another one? Big Smile

Eheh! I guess you’re finally ready for mass production Big Smile

These are pure beauties Wink And functional Silly

nydude
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 54 sec ago
Joined: 08/29/2017 - 22:11
Posts: 270
Location: United States

that’s beautiful. good job.

pinkpanda3310
pinkpanda3310's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 14 hours ago
Joined: 12/28/2013 - 08:45
Posts: 2966
Location: Perth

Very nice. The cf weave is different on this one. I like variations like that.

Show me the light Oh Master, how does one go into mass production with only hand tools and not lose interest in the hobby? LOL

  

MRsDNF
MRsDNF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 12/22/2011 - 21:18
Posts: 13473
Location: A light beam away from the missus in the land of Aus.

Are we sure CRX is not a pro with Photoshop and these torches he punches out are just a figment of his imagination? Silly

 

djozz quotes, "it came with chinese lettering that is chinese to me".

                      "My man mousehole needs one too"

old4570 said "I'm not an expert , so don't suffer from any such technical restrictions".

Old-Lumens. Highly admired and cherished member of Budget Light Forum. 11.5.2011 - 20.12.16. RIP.

 

G0OSE
G0OSE's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 09/03/2014 - 12:34
Posts: 2282
Location: UK SW

Truly an offence to the eye, you could have at least put some effort into it. Facepalm Really, people these days…….
Beautiful.

Specialsteve
Specialsteve's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 hours ago
Joined: 08/11/2017 - 10:33
Posts: 37
Location: Germany

Omg… almost every Day a new Lamp you are Breathtaking Wink

Please do me a favor and never stop building lamps Thumbs Up

Henk4U2
Henk4U2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 02/13/2014 - 17:52
Posts: 4087
Location: The heart of the Netherlands (GMT+1)

Looks and function. Most of the time it is: give a little, take a little.
But in this case it is amazing how both compete for the first place.
Let’s call it a draw Party

You are a flashaholic if you are forced to come out of the closet, to make room for more flashlights.

CRX
CRX's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 04/02/2013 - 15:27
Posts: 4231
Location: Scotland

MascaratumB wrote:
Seriously?
Another one? Big Smile
Eheh! I guess you’re finally ready for mass production Big Smile
These are pure beauties Wink And functional Silly
nydude wrote:
that’s beautiful. good job.
Wink Beer
pinkpanda3310 wrote:
Very nice. The cf weave is different on this one. I like variations like that.
Show me the light Oh Master, how does one go into mass production with only hand tools and not lose interest in the hobby? LOL
Well when you only get out to exercise for an hour a day it’s easy LOL
MRsDNF wrote:
Are we sure CRX is not a pro with Photoshop and these torches he punches out are just a figment of his imagination? Silly
Half of this statement is true Big Smile
G0OSE wrote:
Truly an offence to the eye, you could have at least put some effort into it. Facepalm Really, people these days…….
Beautiful.
I will try to do better Innocent
Specialsteve wrote:
Omg… almost every Day a new Lamp you are Breathtaking Wink
Please do me a favor and never stop building lamps Thumbs Up
At least not until yours is done Wink Thumbs Up
Henk4U2 wrote:
Looks and function. Most of the time it is: give a little, take a little.
But in this case it is amazing how both compete for the first place.
Let’s call it a draw Party
Henk4U2 commenting in one of my build threads, it must be worthy Big Smile
Yeah I hadn’t really done a runtime test with the LD-A4 driver before but check out that nice flat line, cool.
The initial sharp stepdown from full throttle was a bit of a surprise because I’m used to the fast gradual drop in output from the other thermally controlled drivers as opposed to the sudden cut down but now I quite like it.
The LD-A4 could do with a voltage read out function though and I probably should have gone with the 4A-6A configurable version.