Lumintop BLF GT94 ( 4 x SBT90.2, 1.65mcd ) NOW AVAILABLE @ Neals: code NDGT94 gives $ 150 off

338 posts / 0 new
Last post
Majoroverkill
Majoroverkill's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 01/12/2017 - 17:13
Posts: 1039
Location: Nevada

I will not be able to purchase the GT94 until income tax return but can’t wait to see a video review to come out comparing it with the other GT models. What a great beam shot picture Big Smile

Doug S.

klrman
klrman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 11/07/2016 - 22:44
Posts: 2844
Location: Canada

djozz wrote:
Not sure if I find this IMO outdated marketing style making use of a non-flashoholic/non-Search&Rescue looking lady a good development, but the flashlight looks like it will reach well over 1Mcd at 16Klumen, nice.

 

Eye candy never hurt anyone as far as I know!

tatasal
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 45 min ago
Joined: 02/15/2012 - 08:40
Posts: 5767
Location: Far East
ImagioX1 wrote:
I want to see this compared with the GT4 to see how much more narrow the bean is.

In a “shipping” while, the GT4 and the GT94 will be in the hands of Texas Ace and we should see both in action as his schedule permits.

ImagioX1
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 3 days ago
Joined: 02/07/2015 - 21:12
Posts: 261
Location: USA
tatasal wrote:
ImagioX1 wrote:
I want to see this compared with the GT4 to see how much more narrow the bean is.

In a “shipping” while, the GT4 and the GT94 will be in the hands of Texas Ace and we should see both in action as his schedule permits.


That’s awesome! Thanks for the info
Lothar
Lothar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 12 hours ago
Joined: 10/26/2011 - 11:22
Posts: 546
Location: Stellenbosch, South Africa
LOTL wrote:
Mark M wrote:
ImagioX1 wrote:
I want to see this compared with the GT4 to see how much more narrow the bean is.

Exactly what I want to see also.


That and the run time and how long it’ll run on Turbo.

Can we get this please?

Current Collection:

BLF: BLF-GT90, BLF-GT70 (CW Sliced), BLF GTmini, BLF-LT1; 

BTU: Shocker (3 x SST-40 @ 8A)

Solarforce: L2P (XM-L2 U3 @ 4A), MPP-1 (XP-L HI @ 6A), MPP-3 (3 x XM-L2 U2 @ 12A), M6 (Nichia 319A @ 6A), M8 (XHP-50.2 @ 9A), 9x (9 x XM-L2 U2 @ 2A)

Coming Soon: Lumintop: BLF-GT4; 

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 9499
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
Lothar wrote:
LOTL wrote:
Mark M wrote:
ImagioX1 wrote:
I want to see this compared with the GT4 to see how much more narrow the bean is.

Exactly what I want to see also.


That and the run time and how long it’ll run on Turbo.

Can we get this please?

No one has received the GT94 to compare to the GT4 that I am aware of yet. Mine is in the mail I think though and I will do the technical testing. I generally leave the beauty shots side of the review to VOB as he does a better job then me and I tend to be more focused on technical aspects personally anyways.

My guess is that it will be able to run until LVP without damage just like the GT4 as I expect the same or a bit lower overall power draw from the GT94.

Runtime will depend on what brightness level you run it at and what batteries you use. Basic math, brighter light = more power = shorter runtime lol.

Running either this light or the GT4 at the top of the ramp is going to be your best bet for general performance. It should have no thermal issues that way and runtime will be greatly improved over full turbo and still be plenty bright for almost anything.

California_Prepper
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 02/23/2019 - 13:25
Posts: 449

Any estimates on throw?

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 9499
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
California_Prepper wrote:
Any estimates on throw?

Lumintop measured 1.6Mcd, works out to around 2500m according to someone earlier IIRC.

Sounds reasonable to me.

Tubercle
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 03/10/2019 - 14:28
Posts: 252
Location: USA

Which emitter’s more efficient? XHP70.2 or SBT90.2?
All of my experience w/ the SBT90.2 is that it’s insanely power hungry and generates a whole lot of heat, whereas the XHP70.2 always surprises me at how efficient it is. 3-4 of those is way better than 18 SST20’s.

richbuff
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 6 days ago
Joined: 09/22/2015 - 20:38
Posts: 1060
Location: Prescott Az

Texas_Ace wrote:
California_Prepper wrote:
Any estimates on throw?
Lumintop measured 1.6Mcd, works out to around 2500m according to someone earlier IIRC. Sounds reasonable to me.

2,569 meters was mentioned by someone a while ago in this thread. I am visualizing beam performance and beam profile that has more throw and  less lumens than a certain very large 18 x XHP35 flashlight, yielding more length and less width of the beam. It is going to be exciting to behold!

Rev 22:15

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 9499
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
Tubercle wrote:
Which emitter’s more efficient? XHP70.2 or SBT90.2? All of my experience w/ the SBT90.2 is that it’s insanely power hungry and generates a whole lot of heat, whereas the XHP70.2 always surprises me at how efficient it is. 3-4 of those is way better than 18 SST20’s.

18 SST20’s?

California_Prepper
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 02/23/2019 - 13:25
Posts: 449

I’m guessing he just got LED’s mixed up. I only know of one light that has 18 of them.

oweban
oweban's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 02/12/2019 - 06:34
Posts: 1263
Location: Sydney AU

Perhaps intentional – 3-4 XHP 70s will always use less power than 18 of them Wink

But something like Acebeam X45 vs Emisar D18.

Tubercle
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 03/10/2019 - 14:28
Posts: 252
Location: USA
Texas_Ace wrote:
Tubercle wrote:
Which emitter’s more efficient? XHP70.2 or SBT90.2? All of my experience w/ the SBT90.2 is that it’s insanely power hungry and generates a whole lot of heat, whereas the XHP70.2 always surprises me at how efficient it is. 3-4 of those is way better than 18 SST20’s.

18 SST20’s?

Yeah the Astrolux MF01S and D18, all are pretty popular lights here and all have 18 SST20 LEDs in various tints. All claim to generate 10-15k lumens. I have a few of those and they overheat quick.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 9499
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
Tubercle wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
Tubercle wrote:
Which emitter’s more efficient? XHP70.2 or SBT90.2? All of my experience w/ the SBT90.2 is that it’s insanely power hungry and generates a whole lot of heat, whereas the XHP70.2 always surprises me at how efficient it is. 3-4 of those is way better than 18 SST20’s.

18 SST20’s?

Yeah the Astrolux MF01S and D18, all are pretty popular lights here and all have 18 SST20 LEDs in various tints. All claim to generate 10-15k lumens. I have a few of those and they overheat quick.

Yeah, I knew about those, I was the one that redesigned those lights Wink lol

Those are actually some of my most used lights, really good general use lights with a nice turbo to show off with. I use the MT03 or MT09R if I need better high output performance in that class but the MT18 has a better tint. I use one nightly to light the room while watching TV.

I just didn’t see how they would of played into a thread on the GT94.

Tubercle
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 03/10/2019 - 14:28
Posts: 252
Location: USA
Texas_Ace wrote:
Tubercle wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
Tubercle wrote:
Which emitter’s more efficient? XHP70.2 or SBT90.2? All of my experience w/ the SBT90.2 is that it’s insanely power hungry and generates a whole lot of heat, whereas the XHP70.2 always surprises me at how efficient it is. 3-4 of those is way better than 18 SST20’s.

18 SST20’s?

Yeah the Astrolux MF01S and D18, all are pretty popular lights here and all have 18 SST20 LEDs in various tints. All claim to generate 10-15k lumens. I have a few of those and they overheat quick.

Yeah, I knew about those, I was the one that redesigned those lights Wink lol

Those are actually some of my most used lights, really good general use lights with a nice turbo to show off with. I use the MT03 or MT09R if I need better high output performance in that class but the MT18 has a better tint. I use one nightly to light the room while watching TV.

I just didn’t see how they would of played into a thread on the GT94.

I was just mentioning them in comparison to 3-4 XHP70.2 lights generating around the same lumens or even more and putting out less heat. But my primary question was really about XHP70.2 vs SBT90.2’s effiencies.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 9499
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
Tubercle wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
Tubercle wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
Tubercle wrote:
Which emitter’s more efficient? XHP70.2 or SBT90.2? All of my experience w/ the SBT90.2 is that it’s insanely power hungry and generates a whole lot of heat, whereas the XHP70.2 always surprises me at how efficient it is. 3-4 of those is way better than 18 SST20’s.

18 SST20’s?

Yeah the Astrolux MF01S and D18, all are pretty popular lights here and all have 18 SST20 LEDs in various tints. All claim to generate 10-15k lumens. I have a few of those and they overheat quick.

Yeah, I knew about those, I was the one that redesigned those lights Wink lol

Those are actually some of my most used lights, really good general use lights with a nice turbo to show off with. I use the MT03 or MT09R if I need better high output performance in that class but the MT18 has a better tint. I use one nightly to light the room while watching TV.

I just didn’t see how they would of played into a thread on the GT94.

I was just mentioning them in comparison to 3-4 XHP70.2 lights generating around the same lumens or even more and putting out less heat. But my primary question was really about XHP70.2 vs SBT90.2’s effiencies.

I see, yeah the XHP70.2 will put out more lumens for sure and they should both use around the same power.

The GT94 is for those that want to sacrifice lumens for throw.

tatasal
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 45 min ago
Joined: 02/15/2012 - 08:40
Posts: 5767
Location: Far East
Texas_Ace wrote:
Tubercle wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
Tubercle wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
Tubercle wrote:
Which emitter’s more efficient? XHP70.2 or SBT90.2? All of my experience w/ the SBT90.2 is that it’s insanely power hungry and generates a whole lot of heat, whereas the XHP70.2 always surprises me at how efficient it is. 3-4 of those is way better than 18 SST20’s.

18 SST20’s?

Yeah the Astrolux MF01S and D18, all are pretty popular lights here and all have 18 SST20 LEDs in various tints. All claim to generate 10-15k lumens. I have a few of those and they overheat quick.

Yeah, I knew about those, I was the one that redesigned those lights Wink lol

Those are actually some of my most used lights, really good general use lights with a nice turbo to show off with. I use the MT03 or MT09R if I need better high output performance in that class but the MT18 has a better tint. I use one nightly to light the room while watching TV.

I just didn’t see how they would of played into a thread on the GT94.

I was just mentioning them in comparison to 3-4 XHP70.2 lights generating around the same lumens or even more and putting out less heat. But my primary question was really about XHP70.2 vs SBT90.2’s effiencies.

I see, yeah the XHP70.2 will put out more lumens for sure and they should both use around the same power.

The GT94 is for those that want to sacrifice lumens for throw.

As for me, a less brighter hotspot but will reach farther is more important.

Hell, l already have so many of those hotspot monsters, but one that can be brighter YET more far-reaching is my thing.

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 37 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 18318
Location: Amsterdam

Quote:
one that can be brighter YET more far-reaching is my thing.

Sounds good, yes please, I want that too Smile
twisted raven
Online
Last seen: 7 min 24 sec ago
Joined: 03/13/2016 - 11:10
Posts: 679
Location: texas

tatasal wrote:

As for me, a less brighter hotspot but will reach farther is more important.

Hell, l already have so many of those hotspot monsters, but one that can be brighter YET more far-reaching is my thing.

That goes against physics. The more intense the hotspot, the farther it’s going to reach. The less intense it is, the shorter it will throw. Unless you’re talking about how large the hotspot is.

tatasal
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 45 min ago
Joined: 02/15/2012 - 08:40
Posts: 5767
Location: Far East

twisted raven wrote:
tatasal wrote:

As for me, a less brighter hotspot but will reach farther is more important.

Hell, l already have so many of those hotspot monsters, but one that can be brighter YET more far-reaching is my thing.

That goes against physics. The more intense the hotspot, the farther it’s going to reach. The less intense it is, the shorter it will throw. Unless you’re talking about how large the hotspot is.

An aspheric has far-reaching, more intense hotspot, but will it be as bright as this GT94 over-all?

Btw, l have the aspheric Deft X, and it’s all hotspot, all 700 lumens of it. It’s rated at 1035kcd that time…this GT94 is 1650kcd at several thousand lumens attained by a large hotspot of course.

lawallac
lawallac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 3 hours ago
Joined: 01/04/2012 - 15:31
Posts: 515
Location: WI
tatasal wrote:
Btw, l have the aspheric Deft X, and it’s all hotspot, all 700 lumens of it. It’s rated at 1035kcd that time…this GT94 is 1650kcd at several thousand lumens attained by a large hotspot of course.

The FF5 I ordered made it stateside and passed through customs and hopefully makes it here by or before the weekend. I expect it to be close in size to a DEFT X. I don’t have a DEFT X but I do a K40 and a TN32 and several other similar sized lights. But consider the performance difference. The performance of the DEFT X was incredible and still is really. Using light recycling to increase intensity of hand-binned XPG2s it produced like you said, over 1Mcd, all in a narrow beam with 700 Lumens. But the FF5 is going to have a warm beam with 1.2Mlux and 10,0000L. HIDs don’t have the droop like LED lights so heat sinking is less of a consideration compared to heat insulation or rather compartmentalization of the capsule from the electronics and batteries but they have significant considerations. LEDs can happily strobe at ms times at full brightness all day long. HIDs often take over 10s for the beam to fully mature. It’s also not good to turn HID on and off while the capsule components are phase changing. I’ve also noticed that bugs seem to go crazy when you strike up a HID. I am not certain the reason for this but I have always attributed it to the UV and other short wavelengths produced in addition to the thousands of lumens of light and IR. Also a consideration is bulb life, however I will admit that I’ve had many more LEDs die well before the claimed life but no HIDs even on my cars. But I already know that’s going to be the case because LEDs are usually pushed well beyond specifications.

What a time to be alive. My first thrower was the original DEFT around 12 yrs ago and it was mindblowing at 150k lux and maybe 300 lumens. Thrower lights and even most asperics at the time had 80-100klux. I would go up north and blast that thing at a cabins across a bay and see structures light up light alien tractor beam reaching out from the far side of the lake. I can calculate that far less light than that of moonlight was actually getting there. Probably not much need to worry about people freeking out from a twinkling light hitting their window, but we still would limit the Wow throw demonstrations. With these lights now, like the GT lights or the FF5, different story where moonlight is greatly exceeded at theoretical distances of over a mile.

Blenman37
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/25/2017 - 19:22
Posts: 17
Location: Newcastle Australia

I'm VERY KEEN!!!

Cheers

Worcestershire ...
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/25/2020 - 09:51
Posts: 18
Location: Worcestershire, UK

Keeping a close eye on this and the GT4 threads – I’d like to see comparison beamshots before deciding, hopefully the discount codes will still work! My current ‘big’ light is a Thrunite TN40S, I love multi-emitter lights for the combination of flood and throw. The GT4 out-throws my ‘thrower’ TN40S by some way, so that might be the one unless the GT94 looks better, such as plenty of flood and crazy throw, or longer turbo times.

Exciting times…

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 37 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 18318
Location: Amsterdam

Worcestershire Sourcerer wrote:
Keeping a close eye on this and the GT4 threads – I’d like to see comparison beamshots before deciding, hopefully the discount codes will still work! My current ‘big’ light is a Thrunite TN40S, I love multi-emitter lights for the combination of flood and throw. The GT4 out-throws my ‘thrower’ TN40S by some way, so that might be the one unless the GT94 looks better, such as plenty of flood and crazy throw, or longer turbo times.

Exciting times…


I have the GT4 coming, and not the GT94. For me they are about equally attractive: the GT94 because of the combination of impressive output and impressive throw, the GT4 because of the even more output and the availability of better tint (I will swap leds for better tint than stock), at the expense of throw.
When the GT4 arrives I will know if I made the right choice.
Worcestershire ...
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 month ago
Joined: 08/25/2020 - 09:51
Posts: 18
Location: Worcestershire, UK

I’m really tempted to jump on the GT4, while M4d M4x’s code still works, but this is a lot of cash for something I don’t actually need! Waiting on VOB’s sample to arrive…

California_Prepper
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 02/23/2019 - 13:25
Posts: 449
Worcestershire Sourcerer wrote:
I’m really tempted to jump on the GT4, while M4d M4x’s code still works, but this is a lot of cash for something I don’t actually need! Waiting on VOB’s sample to arrive…

He already posted a review on it, check out his YouTube.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 9499
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

My GT94 showed up today if reports are accurate about a DHL delivery at home. I will know later today.

Not sure if I will get to look at it today or not though.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 9499
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

djozz wrote:
Worcestershire Sourcerer wrote:
Keeping a close eye on this and the GT4 threads – I’d like to see comparison beamshots before deciding, hopefully the discount codes will still work! My current ‘big’ light is a Thrunite TN40S, I love multi-emitter lights for the combination of flood and throw. The GT4 out-throws my ‘thrower’ TN40S by some way, so that might be the one unless the GT94 looks better, such as plenty of flood and crazy throw, or longer turbo times.

Exciting times…


I have the GT4 coming, and not the GT94. For me they are about equally attractive: the GT94 because of the combination of impressive output and impressive throw, the GT4 because of the even more output and the availability of better tint (I will swap leds for better tint than stock), at the expense of throw.
When the GT4 arrives I will know if I made the right choice.

Without having seen the GT94 yet, I fall into pretty much the same mindset.

I can say that I think you will be very happy with your choice once you swap in the 4000k 80cri LED’s. The CW GT4 is noticeable brighter then my 4000k prototype but I still pull out the prototype most of the time.

I think I am still able to get around 23k lumens with the 4000k 80CRI.

pearlriver
pearlriver's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 19 hours ago
Joined: 06/30/2017 - 03:43
Posts: 55



Crazy guess what it is?

Pages