Sofirn SC31 PRO, New Anduril Flashlight

332 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

BLF-L
BLF-L's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 weeks 13 hours ago
Joined: 08/22/2020 - 09:24
Posts: 160
Location: Minas
Sofirn SC31 PRO, New Anduril Flashlight

Hello BLF,

Has anyone here checked this out :

“New Arrival Sofirn SC31 Pro Powerful Rechargeable LED Flashlight 18650 Torch USB C SST40 2000LM Anduril”

It’s @ AliExpress’s Sofirn Official Store.

18650
SST40
Anduril
USB-C charging

I’m kinda surprised to find no info about this flashlight here on BLF, nor anywhere else (except @ AliExpress). I mean, it comes with Anduril !!
is it because this flashlight so new?

McCatface
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Joined: 01/16/2017 - 05:23
Posts: 44
Location: NL

There’s a brief video about it on YouTube already: https://youtu.be/qXecbBQsbtQ

I would be all over it if it was 4000K, 5000K or even 5700K.

TheAuditor
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 12/04/2017 - 06:33
Posts: 522
Location: United Kingdom

I saw this a couple of weeks ago. It’s 6500k. Hoping they will go for a high cri led.

Bonum commune communitatis.

Yarp.

BLF-L
BLF-L's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 weeks 13 hours ago
Joined: 08/22/2020 - 09:24
Posts: 160
Location: Minas

It’s obvious that I’m new here on this forum Big Smile (only 2 posts). Long time lurker actually….

I have several Convoy flashlights which I bought in 2017 and 2018 . I bought them Convoy official store AliExpress. I found info about Convoy (and about budget flashlights in general) here on BLF.

That’s why I really hope to find some info about that Sofirn’s SC31 Pro here.
I’m really interested in that flashlight, seems like the most affordable Anduril flashlight , compared to others that have been released and reviewed (Emisar D4v2, D4Sv2, Lumintop FW3A, Sofirn SP36 Anduril, etc… ).

What do you guys think about it? Has anyone here purchased it? Review? Overview?

BLF-L
BLF-L's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 weeks 13 hours ago
Joined: 08/22/2020 - 09:24
Posts: 160
Location: Minas

McCatface wrote:
There’s a brief video about it on YouTube already: https://youtu.be/qXecbBQsbtQ

I would be all over it if it was 4000K, 5000K or even 5700K.

Hello,, thanks so much for the quick response !
I totally agree about the CT.
I contacted the seller on AliExpress asked about possibility to release SC31 Pro with warmer tint, he/she responded not really sure about that.

6500K is too high for me. I have an s2+ with XML2 5000k and it’s already not my favorite. I prefer the one with XPL HI 4500k. And XML2 ~4000k.

McCatface
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Joined: 01/16/2017 - 05:23
Posts: 44
Location: NL

I’m still thinking of getting one and swapping the emitter for something warmer and higher CRI. No idea how easy it is to take it apart. Otherwise this light looks like my perfect EDC.

BLF-L
BLF-L's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 weeks 13 hours ago
Joined: 08/22/2020 - 09:24
Posts: 160
Location: Minas
TheAuditor wrote:
I saw this a couple of weeks ago. It’s 6500k. Hoping they will go for a high cri led.

Yup 6500k kinda too cold . I have several flashlights with various tints and prefer the warmer ones.
Not many flashlights at all , just a few Big Smile Big Smile , i still do not really know about CRI, but i know i like 4500k XPL HI.

pennzy
pennzy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 59 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 19:45
Posts: 2540
Location: United States , Pa.

My last last Sofirn light was also listed as 6500K but I estimate it was lower in reality. Still warmer options would be nice. I am glad to see Sofirn has been making more and more of their line with charging. This and the IF 25A both are on my future buy list.

BLF-L
BLF-L's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 weeks 13 hours ago
Joined: 08/22/2020 - 09:24
Posts: 160
Location: Minas

Swapping the emitter! That’s a great idea !
i have never swapped any emitter at all but I have checked emitter on my Convoy S2+ , I wanted to try to swap the XML2 5000k with XPL HI 4500K , it seems simple enough to do, right?

If this SC31 Pro has somewhat similar emitter construction/installation to Convoy s2+, , i think it won’t be very difficult to swap (hahaha,,, LOL Big Smile , IDK, I’m totally newbie about flashlight components). SST40 4000K is available on Convoy store.

BLF-L
BLF-L's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 weeks 13 hours ago
Joined: 08/22/2020 - 09:24
Posts: 160
Location: Minas

I’m sorry I meant SST40 5000K LED (individual part) is available on Convoy store.
I have ordered s2+ with SST40 5000k, currently it’s in shipping. The s2+ SST40 only available with 5000k and 6500k, that’s why I chose 5000k.

jp9mm
Online
Last seen: 5 min 5 sec ago
Joined: 03/30/2020 - 12:14
Posts: 407

I ordered it the minute i saw it. There was no discussion here before release, only surprise.
Maybe one of the smallest Anduril lights.
Mine should be here tomorrow (as long as this shipping partner keeps moving)
A few have modded the SC31B to have Anduril / emitter swap already and have posted it was fairly easy to work on

McCatface
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Joined: 01/16/2017 - 05:23
Posts: 44
Location: NL
jp9mm wrote:
A few have modded the SC31B to have Anduril / emitter swap already and have posted it was fairly easy to work on

Are there pre-made Anduril drivers available anywhere that fit SC31B?

Vamko
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 5 days ago
Joined: 08/26/2019 - 09:07
Posts: 13
Location: Finland

Does anybody know how is the SST40 6500K tint? Does it look bad?

I had SC31 with XP-G3 LED, it is too purplish for me.

Unheard
Unheard's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 01/16/2019 - 11:38
Posts: 1384
Location: Germany

BLF-L wrote:
Swapping the emitter! That’s a great idea !
i have never swapped any emitter at all but I have checked emitter on my Convoy S2+ , I wanted to try to swap the XML2 5000k with XPL HI 4500K , it seems simple enough to do, right?

Except you need to replace the whole MCPCB since the pads are different.

BLF-L wrote:
I’m sorry I meant SST40 5000K LED (individual part) is available on Convoy store.

One should read the whole thread before posting Facepalm . Yes, the SST-40 fits.

Smile, you cannot kill them all.

Dioda
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 02/05/2018 - 09:40
Posts: 481

I find it bit strange that Sofirn’s Ali store sells the SC31 Pro in two versions with different prices. One has no info about color temperature, the second one is described as 6500K. I asked Sofirn if they have one with 5000K, but they said 6000K only.

I almost jumped out of my shoes when I first saw it, for it has almost anything I would like in a compact flashlight. Cheap, side switch, can tailstand, has lanyard hole, Anduril UI and USB C charging. SST40 is also OK for me. But the cool white tint is a showstopper for me.

Scientist
Scientist's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 07/24/2017 - 13:33
Posts: 290
Location: Out standing in my field NY

I put a new UV emitter in an SC31b. Bezel is glued but with a strap wrench and some elbow grease it can be removed. Don’t know about the SC31 Pro specifically but I bet its glued. However my guess is also that the SST40 looks fine.

As far as I can see this is the least expensive and smallest Anduril light out there, at least unmodded. You should be able to put a short tube and magnetic tail cap on it if you want. May have to get one.

Please illuminate responsibly
Part time fragmented conciousness technician

UV triple using Sofirn C8F
395nm High Power LED in Sofirn SC31b

Scallywag
Scallywag's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 01/11/2018 - 22:23
Posts: 1497
Location: Ohio, United States

Here’s a link to the SC31 Pro on Sofirn’s Aliexpress
It took me a minute to find it. $21.77 as of this posting, without battery, for a USB-C charging Anduril light. Not bad at all.

Actually, a couple pictures clearly show a Micro-USB port and Micro-USB cable. However, others are definitely USB-C. Weird.
Compare top-left and bottom-right:

Old Lumens Contest 2020 - Hand-made light category

ZL SC62(w) | Jaxman E2L XP-G2 5A | Purple S2+ XPL-HI U6-3A | D4 w/ Luxeon V | RRT-01 | Purple FW3A, 4000K SST20 | Baton S1
Boruit D10 w/ Quadrupel Fet+1/Anduril | EagTac D25C Ti | DQG Slim AA Ti | Jaxman E3 | UF-T1 by CRX | Olight S15 Ti | Nitecore EX11.2
L6 XHP70.2 P2 4000K FET+7135 | Jaxman M8 | MF02 | Jaxman Z1 CULNM1.TG | Blue S2+ w/ ML Special | Thrunite T10Tv2
Supfire M6 3xXHP50.2, Sofirn C8F, Unfinished: Sofirn SP70, IYP07/Tool AAA hot-rods, Jetbeam E3S
Others: Nitecore EC23 | Nebo Twyst | Streamlight ProTac 1AA | TerraLux LightStar 100

McCatface
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Joined: 01/16/2017 - 05:23
Posts: 44
Location: NL

Would SST20 be a simple swap/reflow from SST40 or are further mods needed?

Jackie
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 3 hours ago
Joined: 10/12/2017 - 23:20
Posts: 164
Location: Shenzhen

McCatface wrote:
There's a brief video about it on YouTube already: https://youtu.be/qXecbBQsbtQ I would be all over it if it was 4000K, 5000K or even 5700K.

5000k will available this week

Jackie
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 3 hours ago
Joined: 10/12/2017 - 23:20
Posts: 164
Location: Shenzhen

4000K LEDs no stock and 5000K will be available this week, order from Aliexpress during 24th to 28th to get the discount shopping brand week price.

SC31 Pro 5000K

McCatface
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Joined: 01/16/2017 - 05:23
Posts: 44
Location: NL

I ordered the 5000K version. I hope the tint is good.

Lux-Perpetua
Lux-Perpetua's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 03/01/2018 - 04:39
Posts: 2542
Location: Germany, 德国, ドイツ, Германия, जर्मनी

McCatface wrote:
Would SST20 be a simple swap/reflow from SST40 or are further mods needed?

I don’t think that’s an easy swap as SST40 uses a 5050 footprint while SST20 uses a 3535 footprint. You may need a different gasket to physically fit in the smaller LED.

Zappaman
Zappaman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 01/01/2018 - 23:27
Posts: 611
Location: Kansas

I ordered the 6.5k version a few weeks ago from sofirnlight.com the day I saw it uploaded. I just now ordered the 5k version from Sofirn AE and paid the TOTAL BS FAKE TAX! Flat Stare

***but the coupon was for more than the tax so I begrudgingly pushed the order button***

I really dig the idea of an EDC with Anduril onboard. My IF25a’s (I have both the 4k and 6.5k) have been in the pocket lately and they are great too- just a BIT hot at times Evil

Just a note… my IF25a in the 6.5k version is closer to 5.8k and I REALLY like it outdoors where it can throw well for a little “pocket rocket”. But it’s definitely not 6.5k and I’m all about mistakes happening in my favor. Silly

ZappaMan

BLF-L
BLF-L's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 weeks 13 hours ago
Joined: 08/22/2020 - 09:24
Posts: 160
Location: Minas

Unheard wrote:
BLF-L wrote:
Swapping the emitter! That’s a great idea !
i have never swapped any emitter at all but I have checked emitter on my Convoy S2+ , I wanted to try to swap the XML2 5000k with XPL HI 4500K , it seems simple enough to do, right?

Except you need to replace the whole MCPCB since the pads are different.
BLF-L wrote:
I’m sorry I meant SST40 5000K LED (individual part) is available on Convoy store.
One should read the whole thread before posting Facepalm . Yes, the SST-40 fits.

Yup, that’s what I meant, replace the MCPCB assembly with another MCPCB with 5000K SST40 LED.

Good news now SC31 PRO can be ordered with SST40 5000k if you want warmer CT, Jackie has posted the link to that product.

BLF-L
BLF-L's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 weeks 13 hours ago
Joined: 08/22/2020 - 09:24
Posts: 160
Location: Minas

Vamko wrote:
Does anybody know how is the SST40 6500K tint? Does it look bad?

I had SC31 with XP-G3 LED, it is too purplish for me.

Quoted info from McCatFace’s post above :
There’s a brief video about it on YouTube already: https://youtu.be/qXecbBQsbtQ

. I’ve watched that video and i think that SST40 6.5k is a little too cold to me. Then again, CT is kinda subjective right? Different person has different taste/preference .

BLF-L
BLF-L's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 weeks 13 hours ago
Joined: 08/22/2020 - 09:24
Posts: 160
Location: Minas
Jackie wrote:

4000K LEDs no stock and 5000K will be available this week, order from Aliexpress during 24th to 28th to get the discount shopping brand week price.


SC31 Pro 5000K

Thanks for the info Jackie. It’s really a good news for people that prefer warmer tint.
Btw, is it still possible to change my order? I’ve ordered the 6500K version, right before the 5000K version is available.
I do really prefer the warmer CT.

McCatface
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Joined: 01/16/2017 - 05:23
Posts: 44
Location: NL
Lux-Perpetua wrote:

McCatface wrote:
Would SST20 be a simple swap/reflow from SST40 or are further mods needed?

I don’t think that’s an easy swap as SST40 uses a 5050 footprint while SST20 uses a 3535 footprint. You may need a different gasket to physically fit in the smaller LED.

Thanks. I missed the size difference in the specs. I’ll wait for mine and see how easy it is to mod before ordering any parts.

McCatface
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Joined: 01/16/2017 - 05:23
Posts: 44
Location: NL
BLF-L wrote:
Thanks for the info Jackie. It’s really a good news for people that prefer warmer tint. Btw, is it still possible to change my order? I’ve ordered the 6500K version, right before the 5000K version is available. I do really prefer the warmer CT.

They’ve offered to change other orders so maybe it’s best to message the seller directly.

Nooner
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 12/18/2017 - 09:42
Posts: 325
Location: Canada

Just received my SC31Pro in the mail.

Took some detailed pictures if anyone is interested.
http://imgur.com/a/d451PMx

Vamko
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 5 days ago
Joined: 08/26/2019 - 09:07
Posts: 13
Location: Finland

Thanks for the pictures! Looks very nice. Seems it has smooth reflector, I thought it’s orange peel.

BLF-L
BLF-L's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 weeks 13 hours ago
Joined: 08/22/2020 - 09:24
Posts: 160
Location: Minas

Zappaman wrote:
I ordered the 6.5k version a few weeks ago from sofirnlight.com the day I saw it uploaded. I just now ordered the 5k version from Sofirn AE and paid the TOTAL BS FAKE TAX! Flat Stare

***but the coupon was for more than the tax so I begrudgingly pushed the order button***

I really dig the idea of an EDC with Anduril onboard. My IF25a’s (I have both the 4k and 6.5k) have been in the pocket lately and they are great too- just a BIT hot at times Evil

Just a note… my IF25a in the 6.5k version is closer to 5.8k and I REALLY like it outdoors where it can throw well for a little “pocket rocket”. But it’s definitely not 6.5k and I’m all about mistakes happening in my favor. Silly

I have read your thread about Sofirn IF25A. I really like your review/overview/observation . It’s like a semi-long-term review with details of actual usage of the flashlight.
I’d like to hear/read your opinion on SC31 Pro both the 6500k and the 5000k later when you receive them and use them.

Pages