Armytek Wizard C2 Pro (successor to the Wizard Pro V3)

71 posts / 0 new
Last post
Oli
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 13 sec ago
Joined: 08/03/2018 - 21:03
Posts: 402
Location: United States

SKV89 wrote:
The headlamp itself is white???

No I was referencing the way armytek sometimes refers to the color as either “white” or “warm”. Then in other places they do refer to model choices as cool white or warm white. Even though their warm is not really warm. And you’ll see some retailers reference armytek “warm” as NW. So the link they sent me for the promo code was for a cool white even though it did not specify that. There was no option for a warm. I believe with the nichia they reference neutral and warm but there’s only one model. So the point is you have to pay attention.
river345
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 07/07/2020 - 03:07
Posts: 174

I have a wizard pro v3. Is the button on the new C2 different than the v3?

My v3’s button occasionally thinks a single click is a double click. Not often, but a couple times a month. I’ve heard other people experience the same thing with the V3 button.

BurningPlayd0h
BurningPlayd0h's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 7 hours ago
Joined: 06/22/2018 - 02:16
Posts: 1752
Location: MN

Their “White” color temp option is usually about 5500-5700K. If it’s any lower CCT than that it will be listed as “warm white” based on all the lights they’ve done for years.

Oli
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 13 sec ago
Joined: 08/03/2018 - 21:03
Posts: 402
Location: United States

BurningPlayd0h wrote:
Their “White” color temp option is usually about 5500-5700K. If it’s any lower CCT than that it will be listed as “warm white” based on all the lights they’ve done for years.
I can appreciate that when they started 10+ years ago almost everything was cool white. And labeling anything that wasn’t cool as warm to differentiate was useful at the time. It seems to me that they and everybody else is aware of the difference between warm, neutral, and cool. Although the neutral middle ground is not 100% defined. But I do take issue with them trying to sell me a cool white without specifying what it was. I’m sure that some people bought it not knowing that a warm,NW was available or will be.
BurningPlayd0h
BurningPlayd0h's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 7 hours ago
Joined: 06/22/2018 - 02:16
Posts: 1752
Location: MN
Oli wrote:
BurningPlayd0h wrote:
Their “White” color temp option is usually about 5500-5700K. If it’s any lower CCT than that it will be listed as “warm white” based on all the lights they’ve done for years.
I can appreciate that when they started 10+ years ago almost everything was cool white. And labeling anything that wasn’t cool as warm to differentiate was useful at the time. It seems to me that they and everybody else is aware of the difference between warm, neutral, and cool. Although the neutral middle ground is not 100% defined. But I do take issue with them trying to sell me a cool white without specifying what it was. I’m sure that some people bought it not knowing that a warm,NW was available or will be.

Totally agree, it’s just the format they’ve seemed to stick with. Calling the 4500K Nichia Wizard “warm white” really made little sense to me either.

Lumeniac
Lumeniac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 21 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 12/19/2016 - 13:47
Posts: 758
Location: Russia

i, mildly say, not fan of Armytec, but pic is awesome, bardzo dobje!

tealeafs
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 06/11/2020 - 14:38
Posts: 19

Any tint comparisons between this and the Wizard Nichia? Very tempted to add another to my collection. Does the v4 charger work on v3/nichia lights as well?

miotacze_fotonow
miotacze_fotonow's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 19 hours ago
Joined: 09/03/2018 - 08:21
Posts: 14
Location: Poland

Here’s a little comparison. Below is the original photo taken in manual mode using LG G6 smartpgone. Flashlights set in turbo 1 mode.

As some of you know, taking pictures of flashlights with a higher color rendering index is tricky. The light in the photos appears to be rosier than it actually is. Modding my wizard v3, I trusted what I saw in the pictures taken by Clemence, this is why I have chosen the E21A 4000K LEDs. As it turned out later, these LEDs have a pink shade only in turbo 2. They are awful green in medium modes. Not wanting to confuse you, I have edited the photo using GIMP to make it look like what my eyes see.

Wizard Nichia seems to be perfectly white. It is possible that Duv is slightly negative (-0.0005 more or less).
The color of the E21A 4000K in this mode is quite pleasing to the eye. Duv close to zero.
v4 C2 PRO warm is a little bit colder than E21As. The color is clearly pink (-0.0040 or even less).

I am looking forward to Maukka’s accurate measurements.

tealeafs
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 06/11/2020 - 14:38
Posts: 19

Thanks for the detailed pictures. The pink doesn’t look terrible and better pink than green I suppose. Wondering why Armytek hasn’t made any official announcements yet. Hopefully they’ll have some sort of sale going on later this month

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 3 min ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 4331
Location: US

That V4 tint looks sweet. That’s how my Olight H2R pro NW looks

emptypocket
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 2 days ago
Joined: 10/10/2018 - 17:54
Posts: 42

The Armytek Wizard C2 Pro is now listed on armytek.com

https://www.armytek.com/flashlights/models/wizard/armytek-wizard-c2-pro-magnet-usb/

Code “BLF35” takes 20% off instead of 35%.

The user manual lists a Nichia C4 with 1400 OTF lumen as the “warm” version.

User manual:
https://www.armytek.com/index.php?dispatch=attachments.getfile&attachment_id=145

Tater Tot
Offline
Last seen: 35 min 50 sec ago
Joined: 11/11/2019 - 23:51
Posts: 65

The user manual and the websites conflict each other.

I’m thinking there’s white, warm and nichia warm options and Nichia option might release later?

BurningPlayd0h
BurningPlayd0h's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 7 hours ago
Joined: 06/22/2018 - 02:16
Posts: 1752
Location: MN

Tater Tot wrote:
The user manual and the websites conflict each other.

I’m thinking there’s white, warm and nichia warm options and Nichia option might release later?

Yeah a version with 144A will probably launch later, like the current Nichia Wizard V3 but with the C2/V4’s updates. Manual was likely just written ahead of time and will be used for the whole line.

miotacze_fotonow
miotacze_fotonow's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 19 hours ago
Joined: 09/03/2018 - 08:21
Posts: 14
Location: Poland

I think they gonna update old Wizard v3 PRO Nichia to new v4 C2 PRO by changing the body. Nichia doesn’t have turbo 3 so the driver must be form v3.

maba
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 17:39
Posts: 161
Location: Poland

tealeafs wrote:
Does the v4 charger work on v3/nichia lights as well?

Yes Cool
CampingMaster
CampingMaster's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 06/11/2016 - 14:40
Posts: 12
Location: Montreal, Canada

I ordered 3 Wizard C2 Pro XHP50.2 White ; one is for me and two are for friends. I will received all of them next week ( QC Canada ).

 

I am using the Wizard Pro XHP50 White for more than four years now, I began with the Wizard USB XP-L five years ago.

Will never be caught in the dark... always my ArmyTek Wizard C2 Pro v4 XHP50.2 Multi-Flashlight with me.

Sw1f7
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 20 hours ago
Joined: 08/27/2020 - 10:13
Posts: 25
Location: South Africa

The code “BLF35” is not working for me. Is it still valid or am I missing something?

Any chance of a group buy? I want to buy 2 but the $35 shipping to SA on top of the $80 is a bit much…

BurningPlayd0h
BurningPlayd0h's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 7 hours ago
Joined: 06/22/2018 - 02:16
Posts: 1752
Location: MN

Sw1f7 wrote:
The code “BLF35” is not working for me. Is it still valid or am I missing something?

Any chance of a group buy? I want to buy 2 but the $35 shipping to SA on top of the $80 is a bit much…

It works only on armytek.com, not armytekstore.com

Sw1f7
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 20 hours ago
Joined: 08/27/2020 - 10:13
Posts: 25
Location: South Africa

Thanks, that’s where I got it wrong.

MacGyver
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/10/2020 - 04:47
Posts: 1

Just received the warm model. Ordered from armytek.com with BLF35 20% discount. 9 days delivery to the UK, DHL, got stung by import duty too Sad

I kinda wish they had kept the same UI as the V3.

I cannot figure out how to switch between Turbo 1 and Turbo 2? Is it even possible? Can someone help?

Edit: Just testing ‘Advanced type’ which is more like the V3 UI, it seems like it has 3 turbo modes which is not what the manual states? I’m confused

CampingMaster
CampingMaster's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 06/11/2016 - 14:40
Posts: 12
Location: Montreal, Canada

Maximum 3 is 2,500 lumens for 30 sec

Maximum 2 is 1,750 lumens for 2 min

Maximum 1 is 870 lumens for 9 min

 

I find this info on a PDF from ArmyTek. ( I changed the term Turbo for Maximum because there is not such thing as turbo on a flashlight this not an engine ).

Will never be caught in the dark... always my ArmyTek Wizard C2 Pro v4 XHP50.2 Multi-Flashlight with me.

Gunga
Gunga's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 37 min ago
Joined: 11/28/2014 - 16:56
Posts: 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Shipping to me is $25-35. Ugh.

CampingMaster
CampingMaster's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 06/11/2016 - 14:40
Posts: 12
Location: Montreal, Canada

I had to order more than two to have free shipping. I have friends who asked me for one, then the shipping fee problem was resolved. It is 25$USD fee for me in Quebec, Canada when the total amount of the order is less than 120$USD.

Will never be caught in the dark... always my ArmyTek Wizard C2 Pro v4 XHP50.2 Multi-Flashlight with me.

micknatt
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 18 hours ago
Joined: 10/01/2019 - 23:35
Posts: 22
Location: Georgia, USA

I got a promotional email from Armytek for a secret Black Friday sale, only good for the next 8-ish hours.

They have a promo code: “BFSALE” for 40% off Wizard C2 Pro. Not sure if it will work on everything on armytek.com.

I was able to the get the price of $80 down to $48 not including shipping.

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 3 min ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 4331
Location: US

MacGyver wrote:
Just received the warm model. Ordered from armytek.com with BLF35 20% discount. 9 days delivery to the UK, DHL, got stung by import duty too Sad

I kinda wish they had kept the same UI as the V3.

I cannot figure out how to switch between Turbo 1 and Turbo 2? Is it even possible? Can someone help?

Edit: Just testing ‘Advanced type’ which is more like the V3 UI, it seems like it has 3 turbo modes which is not what the manual states? I’m confused

Hows the tint?

marcus_z
marcus_z's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 1 week ago
Joined: 06/08/2017 - 09:55
Posts: 40
Location: Germany

micknatt wrote:
I got a promotional email from Armytek for a secret Black Friday sale, only good for the next 8-ish hours.

They have a promo code: “BFSALE” for 40% off Wizard C2 Pro. Not sure if it will work on everything on armytek.com.

I was able to the get the price of $80 down to $48 not including shipping.

wow this code worked for the armytekstore.de ( but only resulted in a 30% discount ) and had over 100 unused points. So I just ordered the Wiz C2 and only paid for the shipping Shocked

Armytek
Armytek's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 05/23/2013 - 03:36
Posts: 411
Location: Canada
Lumeniac wrote:

i, mildly say, not fan of Armytec, but pic is awesome, bardzo dobje!

We are very pleased that you like it. Thanks Smile

Armytek Optoelectronics Inc.
www.armytek.com

rothnroll
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 11/20/2020 - 18:51
Posts: 19
Location: Fort Bragg, NC

Has anyone figured out the lockout mode on this one?
I don’t see it listed in the manual.

tealeafs
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 06/11/2020 - 14:38
Posts: 19

Thought the only lockout is mechanical and requires the tailcap to be twisted loose 1/4 turn but I could be wrong

tealeafs
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 06/11/2020 - 14:38
Posts: 19

Does anyone know if the new and faster charger works with all Armytek lights that have the older magnetic charging system?

Pages