Wuben H1 Headlamp Review and discussion.

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
zeroair
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 hours ago
Joined: 11/27/2015 - 22:55
Posts: 132
Wuben H1 Headlamp Review and discussion.

Wuben H1 Headlamp Review

Edited by: zeroair on 10/18/2020 - 12:02
Couchmaster
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 05/04/2016 - 17:11
Posts: 489
Location: USA

Great review and your photos are fantastic! However, for me, after seeing the way Sofirn implemented the USB charging port location on the D25S headlamp where you unscrew one of the ends to gain access, I don’t want to be stuffing that cheap Wuben rubber cover version into my pack and hoping it stays in place. The D25S costs less as well, but the downside vs the Wuben is the weight is more for the Sofirm (54 vs 78grams). Nice to have a light (weight) light on your head.

Unheard
Unheard's picture
Offline
Last seen: 59 min 22 sec ago
Joined: 01/16/2019 - 11:38
Posts: 2243
Location: Germany

I still don’t know anything about that P9 LED. Is it too new to find reviews? Not interesting?

Smile, you cannot kill them all.

Sirstinky
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 11/02/2018 - 17:07
Posts: 1379
Location: Vancouver, WA

The Osram P9 has been around a while. Comparable to xp-l I think. Not really many reviews on it since it’s not found in too many popular flashlights.

zeroair
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 hours ago
Joined: 11/27/2015 - 22:55
Posts: 132
Couchmaster wrote:
Great review and your photos are fantastic! However, for me, after seeing the way Sofirn implemented the USB charging port location on the D25S headlamp where you unscrew one of the ends to gain access, I don’t want to be stuffing that cheap Wuben rubber cover version into my pack and hoping it stays in place. The D25S costs less as well, but the downside vs the Wuben is the weight is more for the Sofirm (54 vs 78grams). Nice to have a light (weight) light on your head.

Thank you Couchmaster! I see your point about the screw down cover for the charge port. But for me personally, just give me a light without the charge port, and let me swap the cells myself. Big Smile

Unheard wrote:
I still don’t know anything about that P9 LED. Is it too new to find reviews? Not interesting?
Sirstinky wrote:
The Osram P9 has been around a while. Comparable to xp-l I think. Not really many reviews on it since it’s not found in too many popular flashlights.

Olight uses it probably more than anyone else. So not used in many popular “enthusiast” flashlights. Wink

Overload
Overload's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 01/15/2018 - 16:43
Posts: 198
Location: Belguim

Received mine today and like it a lot, especially for this price.
It’s almost the same light as the Nitecore hc65, but half the price.
I compared both:

-H01 main emitter has little warmer tint than HC65
-H01 main emitter is noticeably brighter than HC65
-H01 main emitter has more throw than HC65
-H01 is 10gr lighter than HC65
-HC65 has much brighter aux red light
-HC65 has much brighter aux high cri light

zeroair
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 hours ago
Joined: 11/27/2015 - 22:55
Posts: 132

Overload wrote:
It’s almost the same light as the Nitecore hc65, but half the price.

Very nice comparison, thank you!

I actually reviewed the HC65 as well – https://zeroair.org/2018/01/29/nitecore-hc65-headlamp-review/ A couple of years ago though; didn’t even think to compare the two!