FireflyLite E12R 12*emitters 15000LM 1x21700 Flashlight

609 posts / 0 new
Last post
ArtieT59
ArtieT59's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 58 sec ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 2792
Location: CT, USA

I enjoy and am glad i bought the E12r more everyday. Though i agree with u/Flashoholic that Noctigon’s aux led’s look nicer, i think they’re just spread out better. Anyway, its a minor detail.

[FLF] Five Light Friday https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78749

Check out some of my new lights (picture heavy) and quick first impressions of them here: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/77180

My Sft40 beamshots / comparison thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78100

sarge12
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 05/31/2020 - 08:13
Posts: 324

I have both the E12R and the T9R ordered from ff-light.com Does anyone know how to use their tracking number, and how long should I expect shipping to take? It seems to be even slower than fasttech or banggood, at least in being able to track.

pol77
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 26 min ago
Joined: 02/21/2019 - 07:54
Posts: 395
Location: London

This has probably been asked before, but is there a pogo pin kit I can buy to flash the Fireflies lights with a new firmware? I already have the kit Hank sells for Emisar / Noctigon lights, so if I can use the same with another pogo pin end, that would be nice. Specifically, I want to flash the E07. TIA.

ArtieT59
ArtieT59's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 58 sec ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 2792
Location: CT, USA

sarge12 wrote:
I have both the E12R and the T9R ordered from ff-light.com Does anyone know how to use their tracking number, and how long should I expect shipping to take? It seems to be even slower than fasttech or banggood, at least in being able to track.

 

yes, as much as I love my new fireflies (my first fireflies all ordered these last two Minths), they have the slowest shipping of any vendor I've bought from to date. But, fret not. The two lights you ordered are WELL WORTH THE WAIT . cool

per some very helpful members on another thread, I found

http://www.parcelsapp.com

to be the most helpful for FireFlies tracking. If not, then 

http://www.17track.net

 I believe worked as well. 

 

edit: my shipping took about 3-4 weeks for the two lights I ordered that were in stock when I ordered them. 

 

[FLF] Five Light Friday https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78749

Check out some of my new lights (picture heavy) and quick first impressions of them here: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/77180

My Sft40 beamshots / comparison thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78100

ArtieT59
ArtieT59's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 58 sec ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 2792
Location: CT, USA

I have a question for anyone who has e07x and e12r - 

 

 

Does anyone have the 22430 battery tubes for either the e12r or the e07x ? are they interchangeable? does the pocket clip work with the short 22430 tubes?

 

I have some on ordering and am just trying to plan.

 

thanks!

[FLF] Five Light Friday https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78749

Check out some of my new lights (picture heavy) and quick first impressions of them here: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/77180

My Sft40 beamshots / comparison thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78100

contactcr
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 15 min ago
Joined: 05/19/2017 - 18:52
Posts: 3640
Location: US
pol77 wrote:
This has probably been asked before, but is there a pogo pin kit I can buy to flash the Fireflies lights with a new firmware? I already have the kit Hank sells for Emisar / Noctigon lights, so if I can use the same with another pogo pin end, that would be nice. Specifically, I want to flash the E07. TIA.

https://budgetlightforum.com/node/63230

One option above, make your own with this board. Choose 0.8mm thick PCB at checkout then you will need to source pogo pins and stuff.

In order to flash original E07 I think you also need to disconnect aux LEDs temporarily

Lux-Perpetua
Lux-Perpetua's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 23 hours ago
Joined: 03/01/2018 - 04:39
Posts: 3184

Has anyone recently talked to Jacky (via e-mail or messenger)? I tried to reach him once again but no reaction of any kind (unless ignoring can be counted as a reaction Wink ).

ArtieT59
ArtieT59's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 58 sec ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 2792
Location: CT, USA

Lux-Perpetua wrote:

Has anyone recently talked to Jacky (via e-mail or messenger)? I tried to reach him once again but no reaction of any kind (unless ignoring can be counted as a reaction Wink ).

 

interesting you ask, I emailed him 4-5 days ago asking for a coupon code (per recommendation of you I believe, so thank you!) and he responded like 2 hours ago. Then I responded and I haven't heard anything. So I'm thinking about another 4-5 days hopefully. Lol. It's all good I can relate to being ultra busy at work. 

[FLF] Five Light Friday https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78749

Check out some of my new lights (picture heavy) and quick first impressions of them here: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/77180

My Sft40 beamshots / comparison thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78100

Lux-Perpetua
Lux-Perpetua's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 23 hours ago
Joined: 03/01/2018 - 04:39
Posts: 3184

Thanks a lot Artiet59. Beer I am going to try e-mailing him. I used to write with him via Wechat but I did not get any replies since February 2021, no matter how hard I tried. Facepalm

cclight
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 3 days ago
Joined: 12/17/2016 - 15:53
Posts: 107
Location: Brazil

17track works fine. The shipping isn’t slow, the problem is that they give you the tracking code but take very long to actually post it.

ArtieT59
ArtieT59's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 58 sec ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 2792
Location: CT, USA

cclight wrote:
17track works fine. The shipping isn't slow, the problem is that they give you the tracking code but take very long to actually post it.

 

well in my experience, my rot66 and e12 (both in stock when I ordered them in March) took 1 week to ship out and 3.5 weeks in transit. I guess it's not terrible,  it I say "Slow" because Neal, Hank and banggood have been getting shipments out to me in CT well under 2 weeks, on multiple order for the last 4-5 months. So by comparison it's slow I guess, or at least my orders were. Your results may vary cool

[FLF] Five Light Friday https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78749

Check out some of my new lights (picture heavy) and quick first impressions of them here: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/77180

My Sft40 beamshots / comparison thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78100

sarge12
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 05/31/2020 - 08:13
Posts: 324

Well so far 17track.net does not show anything. At least these posts a reassuring that it is legit coming. even if unable to track until it reaches usps somewhere.

bexamous
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 hours ago
Joined: 02/15/2018 - 16:54
Posts: 16
Location: United States

Doubtful, but is this some standard optic? Is there any version with less spill to it? — I’ve grown to like how 10621 carclo looks in D4v2, with the sharper dropoff in spill.

ArtieT59
ArtieT59's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 58 sec ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 2792
Location: CT, USA

bexamous wrote:
Doubtful, but is this some standard optic? Is there any version with less spill to it? -- I've grown to like how 10621 carclo looks in D4v2, with the sharper dropoff in spill.
 

i 100% agree, I live the 10621 in the KR4 and d4, have one in all of mine. 

hopefully someone can share info if this e12r has standard optic, because I would really like to try a thrower version too

[FLF] Five Light Friday https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78749

Check out some of my new lights (picture heavy) and quick first impressions of them here: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/77180

My Sft40 beamshots / comparison thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78100

ArtieT59
ArtieT59's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 58 sec ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 2792
Location: CT, USA

E12r is still in my top 5 of absolute favorite lights. I think I actually like it more than the E07x which I wasn't expecting. 

[FLF] Five Light Friday https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78749

Check out some of my new lights (picture heavy) and quick first impressions of them here: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/77180

My Sft40 beamshots / comparison thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78100

Dalamar
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 22 hours ago
Joined: 04/25/2019 - 21:13
Posts: 255

bexamous wrote:
Doubtful, but is this some standard optic? Is there any version with less spill to it? — I’ve grown to like how 10621 carclo looks in D4v2, with the sharper dropoff in spill.

there is always e07x, has better tint for sst20 due to higher current per emitter. 10 deg is plenty narrow unless you need long throw, don’t imagine them using 3 or 5 deg anytime soon

I only like high CRI. Collection:

Fireflies NOV-MU 21 4500k E21A

Fireflies ROT66 219B SW45 D220

Fireflies E07 Copper 219B SW45k? (odd/higher lumen bin with lower r9 and higher cct?)

Fireflies E07 219B SW45k

Fireflies E07x Pro sst20 FA4 4000k 

 

Varmint removal:

Convoy M21A C8 ver SST20 4000k (5a)

Convoy S2+ SST20 4000k  FB4 (3200ma)

Memes:

BLF GT94

Emisar D18 660nm SST20 

 

 

CRI test dump https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1kcl_uOhgfpR4RSsa8F4b-UUVP9mkL6Cr...

bexamous
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 hours ago
Joined: 02/15/2018 - 16:54
Posts: 16
Location: United States

Not really looking for more throw so much, just less spill. Carclo 10622 vs 10621 throw and size of hotspot isn’t significantly different, its just the spill falloff is sharper. I dunno hard to describe, haha.

But mostly just wondering who makes this optic, to then lookup if its part of a series to see if there are any other in series that are worth sourcing to try. Smile

Quote:
E12r is still in my top 5 of absolute favorite lights. I think I actually like it more than the E07x which I wasn’t expecting.

Yes agreed. I only got it on a whim when ordering E07X but found I much prefer it.

Also to add something to thread… 2700k/4000k mix E12R/E07XPro (And E07/DT8/D4v2)…

ArtieT59
ArtieT59's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 58 sec ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 2792
Location: CT, USA

bexamous wrote:
Not really looking for more throw so much, just less spill. Carclo 10622 vs 10621 throw and size of hotspot isn't significantly different, its just the spill falloff is sharper. I dunno hard to describe, haha. But mostly just wondering who makes this optic, to then lookup if its part of a series to see if there are any other in series that are worth sourcing to try. Smile
Quote:
E12r is still in my top 5 of absolute favorite lights. I think I actually like it more than the E07x which I wasn't expecting.
Yes agreed. I only got it on a whim when ordering E07X but found I much prefer it. Also to add something to thread... 2700k/4000k mix E12R/E07XPro (And E07/DT8/D4v2)... !https://i.imgur.com/tIRFytZ.jpg! !https://i.imgur.com/iNYjtgA.jpg![/quote]

awesome mixes there with the 2700k/4000k ! I recently got a 2/2 mix of those on a Ti D4v2, I really like it! I like xpl-hi more, got straight  2850k on my first dt8 and really like that too. 
 
did you do those mixes on the e07x and e12r yourself? I want to steal that mix pattern on the e12r,it's awesome! lol

 

also, on the dt8, which mix of 2700k4k do you like more? The "middle 4" or the other one? Just curious because I may try one of them in my next one

[FLF] Five Light Friday https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78749

Check out some of my new lights (picture heavy) and quick first impressions of them here: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/77180

My Sft40 beamshots / comparison thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78100

bexamous
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 hours ago
Joined: 02/15/2018 - 16:54
Posts: 16
Location: United States

No, just emailed FF-light@hotmail.com ahead of time and asked and they said yes.

Oh and on DT8 yeah one is 4×2700 and 4×4000 (~3300k) and other is 6×2700 and 2×4000 (~3000k).. not huge difference but I basically only use the warmer of the two, haha.

2700k looks good to me at low output levels, but looks a little wierd when on turbo. 3000k somehow is just high enough where turbo stops looking odd to me. 3300k though obviously isn’t bad or something. I just had 2700k and 3300k and wanted to try something in middle.

ArtieT59
ArtieT59's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 58 sec ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 2792
Location: CT, USA

bexamous wrote:
No, just emailed FF-light@hotmail.com ahead of time and asked and they said yes. Oh and on DT8 yeah one is 4x2700 and 4x4000 (~3300k) and other is 6x2700 and 2x4000 (~3000k).. not huge difference but I basically only use the warmer of the two, haha. 2700k looks good to me at low output levels, but looks a little wierd when on turbo. 3000k somehow is just high enough where turbo stops looking odd to me. 3300k though obviously isn't bad or something. I just had 2700k and 3300k and wanted to try something in middle.

 

thats awesome! thanks for heads up! They have been very helpful with my 4 orders so far. im new to FireFlies . awesome lights!

[FLF] Five Light Friday https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78749

Check out some of my new lights (picture heavy) and quick first impressions of them here: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/77180

My Sft40 beamshots / comparison thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78100

ArtieT59
ArtieT59's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 58 sec ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 2792
Location: CT, USA

oh and i have the red e07x with sst20 4k and dt8 cyan with cyan switch. i saw your picture and smiled bc we have 2 pretty similar lights (and amazing lights at that).

[FLF] Five Light Friday https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78749

Check out some of my new lights (picture heavy) and quick first impressions of them here: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/77180

My Sft40 beamshots / comparison thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78100

Ekstasis
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 days ago
Joined: 12/26/2017 - 14:32
Posts: 83
The_Flashaholic wrote:
Yeah, review is half done. Comparison with 4500k 219B, 4000 SST20, 5000K LH351D.

I am most interested in difference between the 4000 SST20 and samsung LH351D 4000K.
Is there a big difference in this two when it comes to generating heat and power usage ?
the samsung have slightly less CRI value but not sure if 90 vs 95 is noticable.

Anyway my plan is to buy the E12R it is just that I have a E07 that works as intendend it is my work horse..and takes a lot of beating now even the glass lens is cracked and gone but it still works..I drop it often cause the clip is kind of worthless, looks to be a lot more sturdy on the E12R!!! I am sure it will not drop from my belt at work.

Anyway once summer is over here in around september I most likely order the E12R, and they have hopefully had time to fix any production/quality problems… it will be very nice with USB charging this mean I do not need to have my battery charger with me at work… I only need my Xiaomi 100w car charger that I charge my all other things with (smartphone and headphones)

When will we see flashlight when you can set the color temperature yourself ? I mean… RBG lights already exist..but is there anything that holds flashback manufacture to use it ?

Dalamar
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 22 hours ago
Joined: 04/25/2019 - 21:13
Posts: 255
Ekstasis wrote:
The_Flashaholic wrote:
Yeah, review is half done. Comparison with 4500k 219B, 4000 SST20, 5000K LH351D.

I am most interested in difference between the 4000 SST20 and samsung LH351D 4000K.
Is there a big difference in this two when it comes to generating heat and power usage ?
the samsung have slightly less CRI value but not sure if 90 vs 95 is noticable.

Anyway my plan is to buy the E12R it is just that I have a E07 that works as intendend it is my work horse..and takes a lot of beating now even the glass lens is cracked and gone but it still works..I drop it often cause the clip is kind of worthless, looks to be a lot more sturdy on the E12R!!! I am sure it will not drop from my belt at work.

Anyway once summer is over here in around september I most likely order the E12R, and they have hopefully had time to fix any production/quality problems… it will be very nice with USB charging this mean I do not need to have my battery charger with me at work… I only need my Xiaomi 100w car charger that I charge my all other things with (smartphone and headphones)

When will we see flashlight when you can set the color temperature yourself ? I mean… RBG lights already exist..but is there anything that holds flashback manufacture to use it ?

it would be possible on a mule, but it will probably cause annoying artifacts in a lens. such a light probably won’t have a turbo option. my guess is the controller chip is a limitation as well, not to mention coding is not a forte of some light makers

I only like high CRI. Collection:

Fireflies NOV-MU 21 4500k E21A

Fireflies ROT66 219B SW45 D220

Fireflies E07 Copper 219B SW45k? (odd/higher lumen bin with lower r9 and higher cct?)

Fireflies E07 219B SW45k

Fireflies E07x Pro sst20 FA4 4000k 

 

Varmint removal:

Convoy M21A C8 ver SST20 4000k (5a)

Convoy S2+ SST20 4000k  FB4 (3200ma)

Memes:

BLF GT94

Emisar D18 660nm SST20 

 

 

CRI test dump https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1kcl_uOhgfpR4RSsa8F4b-UUVP9mkL6Cr...

ArtieT59
ArtieT59's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 58 sec ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 2792
Location: CT, USA

just ordered a e12r from Jack / FireFlies with all xpl-hi 4000k. told me it would take an extra 3-5 days which i gladly accepted. the whole order started because i broke my glass lens on my E07x Pro and couldn't find the appropriate sized replacement anywhere! so i reached out and Jack said he would send me 3 lenses for the price of shipping, which i thought was very nice of him! i told him i would order a light to make it worth it lol. finally getting my xpl-hi e12r i have been wanting for months! Plus i know he has really nice 5A xpl-hi emitters, so that should be awesome!

[FLF] Five Light Friday https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78749

Check out some of my new lights (picture heavy) and quick first impressions of them here: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/77180

My Sft40 beamshots / comparison thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78100

@Lojik
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 10 sec ago
Joined: 05/20/2020 - 22:36
Posts: 240
Location: Kingdom of Los Angeles
ArtieT59 wrote:

just ordered a e12r from Jack / FireFlies with all xpl-hi 4000k. told me it would take an extra 3-5 days which i gladly accepted. the whole order started because i broke my glass lens on my E07x Pro and couldn’t find the appropriate sized replacement anywhere! so i reached out and Jack said he would send me 3 lenses for the price of shipping, which i thought was very nice of him! i told him i would order a light to make it worth it lol. finally getting my xpl-hi e12r i have been wanting for months! Plus i know he has really nice 5A xpl-hi emitters, so that should be awesome!

Jack has been doing great for me also and has included some quite helpful things with my recent orders including a coupon too. That E12R though is GREAT. Just got my brother to get one too. It’s hard not to love that thing. It’s an updated ROT66 head except much more pocketable and with great driver. Love picking that thing up.

ArtieT59
ArtieT59's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 58 sec ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 2792
Location: CT, USA

@Lojik wrote:
ArtieT59 wrote:

just ordered a e12r from Jack / FireFlies with all xpl-hi 4000k. told me it would take an extra 3-5 days which i gladly accepted. the whole order started because i broke my glass lens on my E07x Pro and couldn't find the appropriate sized replacement anywhere! so i reached out and Jack said he would send me 3 lenses for the price of shipping, which i thought was very nice of him! i told him i would order a light to make it worth it lol. finally getting my xpl-hi e12r i have been wanting for months! Plus i know he has really nice 5A xpl-hi emitters, so that should be awesome!

Jack has been doing great for me also and has included some quite helpful things with my recent orders including a coupon too. That E12R though is GREAT. Just got my brother to get one too. It's hard not to love that thing. It's an updated ROT66 head except much more pocketable and with great driver. Love picking that thing up.

 

I agree! That is awesome that jack has been good to you on your orders! It's nice he seems more responsive. I am really excited for the e12r in xpl-hi 4000k. I was set on gettting  the xpl-hd 5000k from Nealsgadgets, but then I broke my lens and needed to go to FireFlies direct essentially. But now I'm glad I did, I'd rather have awesome tint and 8000-ish lumens than 12000 lumens and ok tint. Lol

 

and yes, I reach for the e12r a Lot, almost more than all my other lights. It makes me realize how perfect that light is, and it's funny because before I bought it I thought I would hate that light. Funny how perceptions can be so wrong sometimes. 

[FLF] Five Light Friday https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78749

Check out some of my new lights (picture heavy) and quick first impressions of them here: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/77180

My Sft40 beamshots / comparison thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78100

Ekstasis
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 days ago
Joined: 12/26/2017 - 14:32
Posts: 83

so why the low acticity about E12R ? is there some other flashlight I have been missing ? to me this still seem to be the best one right now..yet I see not much activity about this on the forum or is there some other thread that is more active that I have been missing ?

Where is all the test that will show us what emitters to choose in terms of performence and effiency .. there is atleast two options for 4000k… now above some one this mention 4000k xpl which I do not see on the website as an option… XPL usually has high regard..but it is usually not CRI

I am ready to buy it but right now there is not much discussion going on regarding the 4000k variants to make me confident what emitter to choose…if it takes too long I just might wait until black friday instead…

Ekstasis
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 days ago
Joined: 12/26/2017 - 14:32
Posts: 83
ArtieT59 wrote:

just ordered a e12r from Jack / FireFlies with all xpl-hi 4000k. told me it would take an extra 3-5 days which i gladly accepted. the whole order started because i broke my glass lens on my E07x Pro and couldn’t find the appropriate sized replacement anywhere! so i reached out and Jack said he would send me 3 lenses for the price of shipping, which i thought was very nice of him! i told him i would order a light to make it worth it lol. finally getting my xpl-hi e12r i have been wanting for months! Plus i know he has really nice 5A xpl-hi emitters, so that should be awesome!

That was a special order ? I do not see this option on the website… ? its not CRI right… ?

anway… CRI seem to be the trend…but not sure how much I notice in in real life I mean the real difference is the color temperature right ?
The absolute white light of the usually high lumen flashlights are aweful for sure… while I can se them being useful in certain scenarious.

@Lojik
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 10 sec ago
Joined: 05/20/2020 - 22:36
Posts: 240
Location: Kingdom of Los Angeles

Ekstasis wrote:
so why the low acticity about E12R ? is there some other flashlight I have been missing ? to me this still seem to be the best one right now..yet I see not much activity about this on the forum or is there some other thread that is more active that I have been missing ?

Where is all the test that will show us what emitters to choose in terms of performence and effiency .. there is atleast two options for 4000k… now above some one this mention 4000k xpl which I do not see on the website as an option… XPL usually has high regard..but it is usually not CRI

I am ready to buy it but right now there is not much discussion going on regarding the 4000k variants to make me confident what emitter to choose…if it takes too long I just might wait until black friday instead…

Not everyone has come around on Fireflies lights yet, that’s why you don’t see a ton about them. But they are very much top-tier lights. I only have experience with the Nichia 219B’s and the SST20 6500k in the E12R. If you like warm lights but don’t care for CRI, then the XPL-Hi 4000k could be great for you. If it’s not an option. You can email Jack at Ff-light@hotmail.com and ask if he can do that for you. I think Artiet59 has his own stock of those emitters and does his own mod installs. If you need info on a specific bin on those LED’s, I wouldn’t be able to help. But if your question is just more about the light and if you should get it, you def should. Just shoot an email over and see what Jack can do for you. Let him know you want to buy an E12R and that you would like to know if he has any XPL-Hi’s in 4000k that he can throw in there for you.

And High CRI is super awesome and very noticeable, but you have to get into it first. It won’t just strike out of the blue. You have to compare it with others and get into different LED’s and see which emitters give you the best viewing experience. Once you find what you like, you will notice every difference in other LED’s.

Ekstasis
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 days ago
Joined: 12/26/2017 - 14:32
Posts: 83

@Lojik wrote:
Ekstasis wrote:
so why the low acticity about E12R ? is there some other flashlight I have been missing ? to me this still seem to be the best one right now..yet I see not much activity about this on the forum or is there some other thread that is more active that I have been missing ?

Where is all the test that will show us what emitters to choose in terms of performence and effiency .. there is atleast two options for 4000k… now above some one this mention 4000k xpl which I do not see on the website as an option… XPL usually has high regard..but it is usually not CRI

I am ready to buy it but right now there is not much discussion going on regarding the 4000k variants to make me confident what emitter to choose…if it takes too long I just might wait until black friday instead…

Not everyone has come around on Fireflies lights yet, that’s why you don’t see a ton about them. But they are very much top-tier lights. I only have experience with the Nichia 219B’s and the SST20 6500k in the E12R. If you like warm lights but don’t care for CRI, then the XPL-Hi 4000k could be great for you. If it’s not an option. You can email Jack at Ff-light@hotmail.com and ask if he can do that for you. I think Artiet59 has his own stock of those emitters and does his own mod installs. If you need info on a specific bin on those LED’s, I wouldn’t be able to help. But if your question is just more about the light and if you should get it, you def should. Just shoot an email over and see what Jack can do for you. Let him know you want to buy an E12R and that you would like to know if he has any XPL-Hi’s in 4000k that he can throw in there for you.

And High CRI is super awesome and very noticeable, but you have to get into it first. It won’t just strike out of the blue. You have to compare it with others and get into different LED’s and see which emitters give you the best viewing experience. Once you find what you like, you will notice every difference in other LED’s.

Comparing to the E07 thread I see a lot less interest in this flashlight for some reason… despite the superior… it could be the double in price..for sure…
but yeah for most I think it is worth the price in long term.. I mean….battery life and heat reduction must be a lot better now… should be very noticable..

Regarding CRI.. I am probably used to it now… I use 4000k CRI with my E07…
I wish I could have try bought.. to see and compare… I understand the XPL gets superior lumens…
but lumens can be tricky… I mean how much you actually notice it.. I learned this with my first PRO flashlight the Nitecore TM27 going from high to turbo did maybe not super noticable.. even though it should be almost 40% more lumens…

Anyway before I decide which I want to choose I want to know which produce less heat of the samsung and the SST20. Usually you would see very detailed reviews comparing them very well… with nice stats…these are usually what I base my purchase on… cause the actual numbers in the specs does not usually tell the whole story… heat and efficancy is just one of the parameters.. in the end you have to compromise…. I only have experience with the SST20 with the E07 so far.. I can tell it gets hot very fast in turbo… but much of that is most likely the driver to blame ? not sure how much the new driver make in reality…. I expect a big difference but maybe my expectations are too high.. judging just by the number the samsung seem to produce more lumens with same color temperature however 5% decrease in CRI which I really wonder is even noticable most likely not… or it could be the last 10% that make the difference I do not know…

Some of these two emitters use a lot more power then the other most likely… I have no numberrs of this either…

No actual Beamshots that could show if they have any green tint or something I have seen either as for the E12R most people seem to choose the high lumen option with higher color temperature.

Judging from the thread it seem more have choosen to buy the samsung 4000k though…

Pages