[Interest list] High CRI + RED 660nm dual led headlamp D25WR

126 posts / 0 new
Last post
Gerrit
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 06/20/2013 - 04:44
Posts: 361
Location: NL

[quote=Barry0892]Let call it D25WR with SST20 4000K (or 2700K) + SST20DR 660nm is no problem. 3A current can make it 500LM roughly at High, 5mA-10mA makes it 1LM or dimmer at moonlight. The minimum quantity is 1000pcs to get it started. That is what stops me from do it right now. If the price $15.99 for D25WR without battery; $17.99 for D25WR with battery, how do you guys think? Come on guys, I need some confidence!

Yes, 1 for me

adam7027
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 09/26/2017 - 13:54
Posts: 644
Location: EU (Hu)
Lux-Perpetua wrote:

Barry0892 wrote:
Let call it D25WR with SST20 4000K (or 2700K) + SST20DR 660nm is no problem. 3A current can make it 500LM roughly at High, 5mA-10mA makes it 1LM or dimmer at moonlight. The minimum quantity is 1000pcs to get it started. That is what stops me from do it right now. If the price $15.99 for D25WR without battery; $17.99 for D25WR with battery, how do you guys think? Come on guys, I need some confidence!

Barry, if we’re talking about $15.99 (fifteeeeeeen-ninety-nine!)…what are we waiting for? Big Smile


Can you divide the 1,000pcs into small variations of D25WR? Suggestions?



  • 500 pcs SST20 4.000K 95CRI + SST20-DR 660nm

  • 300 pcs SST20 2.700K 95CRI + SST20-DR 660nm

  • 200 pcs LH351D 5.000K 90CRI + SST20-DR 660nm


I would even fancy a mini batch of D25AR using XP-E2 amber (“amber” seems to be a quite orange yellow) and SST20-DR 660nm. Both tints work great in full darkness to reduce overstraining the eyes and to have less backscatter in fog. It would be quite unique too and a risk of loss of sales margin is quite low here. Just my thoughts… Wink

+1! Many good ideas there

I’d add the headband strap upgrade at whatever price Barry thinks that reasonable.

Considering XP-E2 PC Amber could be also beneficial, as PC Amber (phosphor converted) is also gentle on eye (not simple Amber, because that is inefficient, and as the emitter gets hot, it starts to lose output considerably – but in terms of driving the LED, PC Amber acts more like a white LED, than a monochrome Amber/Red):
https://www.cree.com/led-components/media/documents/XLampXPE2.pdf

My suggestion for the quantities:

100 pcs XP-E2 PC Amber + SST20-DR 660nm
200 pcs SST20 2700K 95CRI + SST20-DR 660nm
300 pcs SST20 4000K 95CRI + SST20-DR 660nm
100 pcs SST20 4000K 95CRI + XP-E2 PC Amber
100 pcs LH351D 5.000K 90CRI + SST20-DR 660nm
200 pcs LH351D 5.000K 90CRI + XP-E2 PC Amber

Fescron
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 10/17/2020 - 10:16
Posts: 140
Location: Belgium
Lux-Perpetua]<p>[quote=Barry0892 wrote:

Barry, if we’re talking about $15.99 (fifteeeeeeen-ninety-nine!)…what are we waiting for? Big Smile


Can you divide the 1,000pcs into small variations of D25WR? Suggestions?



  • 500 pcs SST20 4.000K 95CRI + SST20-DR 660nm

  • 300 pcs SST20 2.700K 95CRI + SST20-DR 660nm

  • 200 pcs LH351D 5.000K 90CRI + SST20-DR 660nm


I would even fancy a mini batch of D25AR using XP-E2 amber (“amber” seems to be a quite orange yellow) and SST20-DR 660nm. Both tints work great in full darkness to reduce overstraining the eyes and to have less backscatter in fog. It would be quite unique too and a risk of loss of sales margin is quite low here. Just my thoughts… Wink

Why would one choose the LH351D over the SST20? Just the color temperature and slightly worse CRI? Or is the LH351D also more floody?


Amber would also be nice! I don’t have a light like that!

adam7027
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 09/26/2017 - 13:54
Posts: 644
Location: EU (Hu)

Fescron wrote:
Why would one choose the LH351D over the SST20? Just the color temperature and slightly worse CRI? Or is the LH351D also more floody?
Amber would also be nice! I don't have a light like that!

I guess, the only reason is, that SST-20 is not available in 5000K CCT (edit: as high CRI - I would not even consider "standard" CRI). If SST-20 would be available in the cooler white CCT range, then that would the choice without question Smile

Lux-Perpetua
Lux-Perpetua's picture
Online
Last seen: 56 sec ago
Joined: 03/01/2018 - 04:39
Posts: 2879
Location: at the end of the light beam

adam7027 wrote:

Fescron wrote:
Why would one choose the LH351D over the SST20? Just the color temperature and slightly worse CRI? Or is the LH351D also more floody?
Amber would also be nice! I don't have a light like that!

I guess, the only reason is, that SST-20 is not available in 5000K CCT. If SST-20 would be available in the cooler white CCT range, then that would the choice without question Smile

Well...

LH351D 5.000K 90CRI has been rated to be a great tint choice on BLF (see Wurkkos WK30 or Sofirn SP36 BLF Andúril for comparison). And yes, it is "floodier" (or more floody?) than SST20 but it should fit in D25WR as it's the same 3535 footprint.

SST20 5.000K 70CRI is possible but not with HighCRI and its tint is know to be very greenish on low currents.

adam7027
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 09/26/2017 - 13:54
Posts: 644
Location: EU (Hu)

Lux-Perpetua wrote:

Well...

LH351D 5.000K 90CRI has been rated to be a great tint choice on BLF (see Wurkkos WK30 or Sofirn SP36 BLF Andúril for comparison). And yes, it is "floodier" (or more floody?) than SST20 but it should fit in D25WR as it's the same 3535 footprint.

SST20 5.000K 70CRI is possible but not with HighCRI and its tint is know to be very greenish on low currents.

Generally spoken, yes. SST-20 5000K 65CRI was out of question, I wouldn't even consider that for any headlamp.

I just told, that if SST-20 95 CRI range would expand beyond the 2700K-4000K CCT range, that could replace even more emitters as "best default" choice.

Lux-Perpetua
Lux-Perpetua's picture
Online
Last seen: 56 sec ago
Joined: 03/01/2018 - 04:39
Posts: 2879
Location: at the end of the light beam
Agreed. Thumbs Up I wish Cree (or the new owner) would offer more XP-L HI in warmer (and HighCRI) tints but lately XP-L HI 4.000K are very difficult to get.
adam7027
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 09/26/2017 - 13:54
Posts: 644
Location: EU (Hu)
Lux-Perpetua wrote:
Agreed. Thumbs Up I wish Cree (or the new owner) would offer more XP-L HI in warmer (and HighCRI) tints but lately XP-L HI 4.000K are very difficult to get.

Cree seems to be falling out of the innovation race. If I were them, I would also develop the corresponding HI (high intensity) variants for their XHP50.2 and XHP70.2 – and try to do something with the ugly rainbow beam.

XP-L HI warm high CRI emitters are treasure on their own kind.

rdhood
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 09/24/2020 - 09:15
Posts: 78
Location: Dahlonega, Ga

Interested. In for one if it comes about

Quadrupel
Quadrupel's picture
Online
Last seen: 4 min 30 sec ago
Joined: 12/03/2017 - 10:40
Posts: 615
Location: Lithuania

Reflectors sucks. What about TIR optics?

alpg88
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 10/11/2013 - 12:35
Posts: 1076
Location: usa

d25 uses tiny reflectors around 10 -12 mm, i have not seen any single round tir of those sizes. stock reflectors however are fine when led used is a right one, my d25 came with LB leds and had a nasty beam with a center hole. i swapped them for xpg3, and beam changed completely. no more holes.
to answer op question, i’d be interested in 2 at least,, any nw led is fine, , and around 620nm red, no deep reds, i build several lights with DR, not as good as regular red, harder to see,

ReManG
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 5 hours ago
Joined: 04/25/2015 - 22:52
Posts: 2668
Location: Between the Mexico's

Barry0892 wrote:
Let call it D25WR

with SST20 4000K (or 2700K) + SST20DR 660nm is no problem.

3A current can make it 500LM roughly at High, 5mA-10mA makes it 1LM or dimmer at moonlight.

The minimum quantity is 1000pcs to get it started. That is what stops me from do it right now.

If the price $15.99 for D25WR without battery; $17.99 for D25WR with battery, how do you guys think?

Come on guys, I need some confidence!

I would be in for a couple! Especially with 4000K and 2700k options!

ReManG
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 5 hours ago
Joined: 04/25/2015 - 22:52
Posts: 2668
Location: Between the Mexico's
Quadrupel wrote:
Barry0892 wrote:
Quadrupel wrote:
Can you made like this one but only for 15$ Big Smile

RGBW led? I think led is expensive. I don’t think it possible to make it and sell at such a low price.


Expensive? You can get it in Alixpress for about 4$

Needs a different 4 channel driver and a different MCPCB as well as more soldering to be done correctly to get each channel correct…

Gerrit
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 06/20/2013 - 04:44
Posts: 361
Location: NL

Quadrupel wrote:
Reflectors sucks. What about TIR optics?

 

+1

oldsam
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/01/2020 - 22:46
Posts: 4
Location: US

interested

Mureo
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 10/27/2016 - 11:42
Posts: 7

At that price put me down for one 2700k and one 4000k, both with battery.

SIGShooter
SIGShooter's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 42 min ago
Joined: 07/14/2013 - 02:10
Posts: 2133
Location: northern california

I’ll buy one for that price.

chooma
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 02/04/2016 - 01:07
Posts: 786
Location: US

ReManG wrote:
Barry0892 wrote:
Let call it D25WR

with SST20 4000K (or 2700K) + SST20DR 660nm is no problem.

3A current can make it 500LM roughly at High, 5mA-10mA makes it 1LM or dimmer at moonlight.

The minimum quantity is 1000pcs to get it started. That is what stops me from do it right now.

If the price $15.99 for D25WR without battery; $17.99 for D25WR with battery, how do you guys think?

Come on guys, I need some confidence!

I would be in for a couple! Especially with 4000K and 2700k options!

Mee too….I would like a headlamp with warm tint.

mitsuki08
Offline
Last seen: 17 min 11 sec ago
Joined: 03/08/2019 - 05:36
Posts: 264

I’m in at that price. I’d prefer if it has no memory though

Gerrit
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 06/20/2013 - 04:44
Posts: 361
Location: NL

In

Geoduck
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 10/27/2018 - 21:51
Posts: 58
Location: The other Washington

interested

Oli
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 11 hours ago
Joined: 08/03/2018 - 21:03
Posts: 319
Location: United States

In 2700k 3000k max

Alen
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 18 hours ago
Joined: 04/03/2012 - 08:26
Posts: 412
Location: Italy

14500/AA version, High Cri warm Led + red 670nm
Flood beam but including different size degree Tir lens
Sublumen mode 0,1 LM

Nismo
Nismo's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 10/11/2019 - 13:12
Posts: 89
Location: Norway

I’m interested if it’s 4000k + 660nm. 300 lumens is enough for a general purpose headlamp, especially indoors.

Current lights:

Emisar D4V2 SST-20 4000K, D4V2 Ti SST-20 2700K, D4V2 Ti SST-20 4000K, D4V2 Ti XPL-Hi V3 1A, D4SV2 SST-20 3000K Noctigon KR1 OSRAM W2, K9.3 XPL-Hi V3 3A + SST-20 2700K | Fireflies PL47G2 XPL HI V3 3A, PL47G2 SST-20 4000K, E07 219B 4500K Lumintop FW1A SST-20 4000K, Tool AA 2.0 Nitecore LR12 XP-L HD V6 6500K, TUP XP-L HD V6 6500K | Sofirn C01S SST-20 4000K, SP10S LH351D 5000K, IF25/LT1-M SST-20 2700K + 6500K w/3D printed diffuser, BLF SP36 LH351D 5000K, BLF LT1 | ZebraLight SC700d XHP 70.2 5000K Hi-CRI, SC53Fc XP-L2 4000K Convoy C8+ SST-40 6500K Acebeam H30 XHP 70.2 5000K | Manker E14 III LH351D 6500K

sanches
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 2 hours ago
Joined: 12/21/2017 - 07:27
Posts: 40
Location: UA

interested

bikenber73
bikenber73's picture
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 11/12/2011 - 15:09
Posts: 2141
Location: Maryland USA

Yes please!

Angel Martínez
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 11/19/2010 - 14:43
Posts: 180

interested

mountainair26
mountainair26's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 09/10/2016 - 18:10
Posts: 260

Interested. thanks

ReManG
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 5 hours ago
Joined: 04/25/2015 - 22:52
Posts: 2668
Location: Between the Mexico's
Alen wrote:
14500/AA version, High Cri warm Led + red 670nm Flood beam but including different size degree Tir lens Sublumen mode 0,1 LM

That’s a different light, this is just modifying a current one.

Besides, AA/14500 headlamps pale in comparison to an 18650 for run time.

Barry0892
Barry0892's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 1 hour ago
Joined: 09/20/2014 - 03:45
Posts: 474

I need more interest to pull trigger. Crazy

Please know that I can only offer SST20 white led in 6500K / 4000K HCRI / 2700K HCRI + SST20DR 660nm,no other option of leds or batteries.

We need to use the D25 host.

WhatsApp: +8615773183209 

My new Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/barry.dong.9250

Pages