[Interest list] High CRI + RED 660nm dual led headlamp D25WR

126 posts / 0 new
Last post
Colonel Light
Offline
Last seen: 52 min 36 sec ago
Joined: 04/23/2011 - 08:38
Posts: 225
Location: Light Square, Adelaide

d_t_a wrote:

The SP40 is quite throwy. I’d suggest to have a more floody headlamp option…

Skilhunt offer both reflector and TIR versions of the H04 and presumably they sell a lot of the TIR version. An SP40 with a floody TIR would make for an even better headlamp in my opinion. For the record I use my SP40 almost daily but I cut out a circle of diffusion material and sticky taped it to the lens to make the beam more floody. I couldn’t remove the bezel to see if one of my TIR optics meant for a Convoy S2+ would fit.

jonxxn
jonxxn's picture
Online
Last seen: 10 min 26 sec ago
Joined: 11/18/2015 - 06:34
Posts: 63
Location: +0800

Interested

Serlite
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2018 - 16:14
Posts: 434
Barry0892 wrote:
Well, sofirn will design AA headlamp someday, we have to wait till next year.

It’s nice to hear that such a light is in the works!
That’s something I’d be very interested in, please update us when that project has progressed along further.

Ulrich
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 01/06/2017 - 14:53
Posts: 15
Location: Frankfurt, Germany

Good idea!
A TIR lens with wide angle would be nice.
I would buy one.

The best light is the one in your pocket when you need some.

d_t_a
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 23 min ago
Joined: 08/04/2017 - 23:58
Posts: 2310
Location: Manila, Philippines

Colonel Light wrote:
d_t_a wrote:

The SP40 is quite throwy. I’d suggest to have a more floody headlamp option…

Skilhunt offer both reflector and TIR versions of the H04 and presumably they sell a lot of the TIR version. An SP40 with a floody TIR would make for an even better headlamp in my opinion. For the record I use my SP40 almost daily but I cut out a circle of diffusion material and sticky taped it to the lens to make the beam more floody. I couldn’t remove the bezel to see if one of my TIR optics meant for a Convoy S2+ would fit.

I did try to use TIR optics for Convoy S2+ on the SP40, produces a nicer (to me) floody beam (assuming for indoors/near use).
Although the S2+ TIR optics is a bit too “high” so I had to sand the TIR optics (bottom part) a bit, so the SP40 bezel can be screwed back properly.

Colonel Light
Offline
Last seen: 52 min 36 sec ago
Joined: 04/23/2011 - 08:38
Posts: 225
Location: Light Square, Adelaide
d_t_a wrote:
I did try to use TIR optics for Convoy S2+ on the SP40, produces a nicer (to me) floody beam (assuming for indoors/near use). Although the S2+ TIR optics is a bit too “high” so I had to sand the TIR optics (bottom part) a bit, so the SP40 bezel can be screwed back properly.

I could never get the bezel to budge until I got hold of a circlip plier. A case of needing the right tool for the right job. Now that I got it removed I did the same mod. I applied some silver paint to the inner chamber (with a silver Sharpie) which may help reflect light out the front. Not sure if the efficiency is any better than a reflector + diffuser setup as I don’t have test equipment, but at least the mod is performed and I can always switch back.

Barry0892
Barry0892's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 09/20/2014 - 03:45
Posts: 474
Colonel Light wrote:
d_t_a wrote:
I did try to use TIR optics for Convoy S2+ on the SP40, produces a nicer (to me) floody beam (assuming for indoors/near use). Although the S2+ TIR optics is a bit too “high” so I had to sand the TIR optics (bottom part) a bit, so the SP40 bezel can be screwed back properly.

I could never get the bezel to budge until I got hold of a circlip plier. A case of needing the right tool for the right job. Now that I got it removed I did the same mod. I applied some silver paint to the inner chamber (with a silver Sharpie) which may help reflect light out the front. Not sure if the efficiency is any better than a reflector + diffuser setup as I don’t have test equipment, but at least the mod is performed and I can always switch back.

!{width:30%}https://i.imgur.com/O0fpow4.jpg!

Nice TIR lens! Could you please tell where you bought this? sofirn team is trying to find a good TIR lens for SP40 but outcome is negative. It will be great if you help sofirn find one for SP40 V2

WhatsApp: +8615773183209 

My new Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/barry.dong.9250

Colonel Light
Offline
Last seen: 52 min 36 sec ago
Joined: 04/23/2011 - 08:38
Posts: 225
Location: Light Square, Adelaide

Barry0892 wrote:

Nice TIR lens! Could you please tell where you bought this? sofirn team is trying to find a good TIR lens for SP40 but outcome is negative. It will be great if you help sofirn find one for SP40 V2

Bought it from the Convoy store (1pc per degree). It is too tall for the SP40 without modification but the head is the right diameter. Not sure where Simon sources them from. Hope this helps.

FBsLights
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 01/07/2016 - 18:51
Posts: 79
Location: United States

Interested in 1.

But what I really want…
Is to have two different beam patterns. Flood on one side and throw on the other.
Use Anduril tint mixing UI from the LTI to allow mix and match of the two patterns: all flood, all throw, or anywhere in between.
My preference is the LEDs should be anything high CRI in the 4000k to 5000k range.

FB

Tendou
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 03/26/2020 - 03:49
Posts: 118

Interested.

And also hope the AA 14500 light will be available soon

telephoneman
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 6 hours ago
Joined: 01/14/2014 - 15:52
Posts: 118
Location: NC, USA

interested

Caleb
Caleb's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 03/13/2016 - 01:28
Posts: 723

Double 4000K, or 4000K and 660nm.

I would be interested in these options if available.

nishayume
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 2 days ago
Joined: 07/08/2017 - 09:09
Posts: 47
Location: Spain

Interested if 1 or more sst20 4000k + 2+ 660nm

h2o
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 10/04/2012 - 17:32
Posts: 70

interested.

3x SST20-DR on one side might prove more useful

Fescron
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 10/17/2020 - 10:16
Posts: 140
Location: Belgium

I’ll again list my interest for at least 1-2. I’d love a small-ish 18650 headlamp with 4000k High CRI & (deep) red. Ramping and Type-C recharging would be amazing aswell Big Smile

1stein
1stein's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 12/24/2017 - 16:25
Posts: 816
Location: Poland

Interested in hCRI 4000K

MoreLumens
MoreLumens's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 25 min ago
Joined: 10/25/2019 - 07:08
Posts: 1309
Location: Finland

Forgot to mention that yes I am interested for atleast 2 pcs. I hope this will happen because price is again awesome and lamp that has 660nm real red and high cri white is kinda rare, but something that I been waiting for a good time. Yeah I would like to get a ramping too and maybe those 1000 lumens for a white light, but with price that cheap I aint complaining, just buying.

Fescron
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 10/17/2020 - 10:16
Posts: 140
Location: Belgium
MoreLumens wrote:
Forgot to mention that yes I am interested for atleast 2 pcs. I hope this will happen because price is again awesome and lamp that has 660nm real red and high cri white is kinda rare, but something that I been waiting for a good time. Yeah I would like to get a ramping too and maybe those 1000 lumens for a white light, but with price that cheap I aint complaining, just buying.

Same, this is going to be my next dedicated headlamp! (I hope). Ramping and Type C (and maybe voltage-battcheck?) are on my personal wishlist, as well as a nice diffused beam (like on the Wurkkos HD20 on flood, I love the light it produces!)

virencelights
virencelights's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 17 hours ago
Joined: 12/23/2012 - 19:53
Posts: 1312
Location: Knightsbridge, London, UK

interested.
thanks

Elzetta Bones.

Ledhead
Ledhead's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 12/09/2020 - 16:39
Posts: 123
Location: Near the Willamette

Red on the head is a good idea. Interested

:throw sun:

Xylnas
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 14 hours ago
Joined: 01/13/2021 - 19:01
Posts: 42
Location: UK

Interested, would definitely buy one at that price. Thanks!

acolyte
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 08/15/2015 - 03:00
Posts: 20
Location: United Kingdom

I am definitely interested in a redhead.

darosk
darosk's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 hours ago
Joined: 10/06/2019 - 22:03
Posts: 129
Location: Sabah, Malaysia

Interested, if this project is still alive.

Also 14500 headlamp when it’s up Smile

My Lights (Updated: Feb 5, 2021)

ch1ir
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 06/08/2019 - 06:30
Posts: 339
Location: Lou, Ky

Interested

Emisar D⁴, Astrolux C8, BLF A6, Sofirn sp36aV2, Reylight Mini Pineapple, BLF 348 KillZone, Lumintop IYP07, Emisar D18, Boruit D10, Manker e01, Ultrafire z1, Massdrop titanium AAA, Astrolux HL01, Armytek Wizard Pro Nichia, Tacklife LFL3A, Astrolux FT03, Zanflair T1

merlot
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 10/17/2020 - 21:25
Posts: 33
Location: UK

Interested

Fescron
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 10/17/2020 - 10:16
Posts: 140
Location: Belgium

Soooo… can we have an update on this project? Is it still happening? When might we able to buy it? Thanks Innocent

Boaz
Boaz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 6 hours ago
Joined: 11/07/2010 - 09:31
Posts: 7548
Location: Birthplace of Aviation

Interested ... In for at least a couple ...

       καὶ τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν

                            

       Dc-fix diffuser film  >…  http://budgetlightforum.com/node/42208

netprince
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 06/14/2012 - 13:48
Posts: 609
Location: Virginia

Interested

ch1ir
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 06/08/2019 - 06:30
Posts: 339
Location: Lou, Ky

Dang it, let’s make this happen

Emisar D⁴, Astrolux C8, BLF A6, Sofirn sp36aV2, Reylight Mini Pineapple, BLF 348 KillZone, Lumintop IYP07, Emisar D18, Boruit D10, Manker e01, Ultrafire z1, Massdrop titanium AAA, Astrolux HL01, Armytek Wizard Pro Nichia, Tacklife LFL3A, Astrolux FT03, Zanflair T1

alpg88
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 10/11/2013 - 12:35
Posts: 1076
Location: usa

i’ll be interested too. i’ll take 2.

please do not use rgb leds, i build few lights with them, i used xml leds, the focus is always off, dies are off center, not to mention d25 reflectors are pretty picky, i had 2 with l2, aka fake xml leds, and the beam was horrible, it had a hole in the middle at any distance, when i replaced them with xpg3 the beam became very smooth ,with no rings or holes, sst20 will work just right with them. and besides who needs green and blue light anyway in a headlamp

Pages