Headlamp/headlight recommendations wanted

113 posts / 0 new
Last post
niajef
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 25 min ago
Joined: 10/18/2020 - 18:23
Posts: 780
Location: Toronto
Photon Master wrote:
I bet at some point someone will have a LEP headlamp. Like the Acebeam W30 flashlight

that would be pretty dope…

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 48 min 54 sec ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 13744
Location: nyc

…if you’re a Dalek.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

MoreLumens
MoreLumens's picture
Online
Last seen: 5 min 17 sec ago
Joined: 10/25/2019 - 07:08
Posts: 1224
Location: Finland

My dream headlamp would be H30-style with atleast one throwy led on it. Maybe even triple setup with XHP35.2 HI on the middle and two XHP70.2’s on the sides + nichia aux, 660nm red, external dual battery pack and every led with ramping UI. Silly

Robin Dobbie
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 04/30/2019 - 12:49
Posts: 760
Location: Texas

You forgot a UV emitter as well as a wide and throwy IR along with the ability to shoot .22

Boaz
Boaz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 11/07/2010 - 09:31
Posts: 7536
Location: Birthplace of Aviation

If you don’t have a D-10 Boruit .... my only question is why not?

       καὶ τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν

                            

       Dc-fix diffuser film  >…  http://budgetlightforum.com/node/42208

niajef
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 25 min ago
Joined: 10/18/2020 - 18:23
Posts: 780
Location: Toronto
Boaz wrote:

If you don’t have a D-10 Boruit …. my only question is why not?

im new here but is boruit a good brand? i have their 4000mah 18650…seems kinda sus

Boaz
Boaz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 11/07/2010 - 09:31
Posts: 7536
Location: Birthplace of Aviation

It’s a great light and it’s ten bucks 

 

punches way above it’s weight class 

 

Great budget lights for the money are the reason the forum exists 

 

take the time to read what a 100 members who have one think about the light.

       καὶ τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν

                            

       Dc-fix diffuser film  >…  http://budgetlightforum.com/node/42208

Serlite
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2018 - 16:14
Posts: 427
niajef wrote:
Boaz wrote:

If you don’t have a D-10 Boruit …. my only question is why not?

im new here but is boruit a good brand? i have their 4000mah 18650…seems kinda sus

I wouldn’t trust that battery, since they definitely just grabbed a cheap Chinese cell and wrapped their name around it.

But in terms of flashlights, Boruit’s a decent budget brand – lots of features for a low price. They’re the same manufacturer that makes the D25S and S11C lights that Sofirn sells, in case you wanted other examples to look up.

niajef
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 25 min ago
Joined: 10/18/2020 - 18:23
Posts: 780
Location: Toronto
Serlite wrote:
niajef wrote:
Boaz wrote:

If you don’t have a D-10 Boruit …. my only question is why not?

im new here but is boruit a good brand? i have their 4000mah 18650…seems kinda sus

I wouldn’t trust that battery, since they definitely just grabbed a cheap Chinese cell and wrapped their name around it.

But in terms of flashlights, Boruit’s a decent budget brand – lots of features for a low price. They’re the same manufacturer that makes the D25S and S11C lights that Sofirn sells, in case you wanted other examples to look up.

ohh, so sofirn rebrands another manufacturers lights? i thought they make their own…

Serlite
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2018 - 16:14
Posts: 427
niajef wrote:
Serlite wrote:
niajef wrote:
Boaz wrote:

If you don’t have a D-10 Boruit …. my only question is why not?

im new here but is boruit a good brand? i have their 4000mah 18650…seems kinda sus

I wouldn’t trust that battery, since they definitely just grabbed a cheap Chinese cell and wrapped their name around it.

But in terms of flashlights, Boruit’s a decent budget brand – lots of features for a low price. They’re the same manufacturer that makes the D25S and S11C lights that Sofirn sells, in case you wanted other examples to look up.

ohh, so sofirn rebrands another manufacturers lights? i thought they make their own…

Well, most of the lights Sofirn sells are designed and manufactured by themselves. These are a couple of lights that are exceptions – lights that had an interesting design, so Sofirn had them manufactured with a customized LED/UI.

They’ve got another headlamp like this planned, with a red and white LED: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/75090

Bruno Burski
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 23 hours ago
Joined: 03/10/2020 - 06:48
Posts: 26
Location: Buffalo, NY

I ordered the Sofirn/Boruit D25S from Amazon on Saturday and got it Sunday. I used the Sofirn discount code and checked the $2.00 discount box and got the light for $19.59 before tax. It’s a nice headlamp.

raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 min 7 sec ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 15314
Location: रॅकून सिटी Palm Desert CA USA

I ordered the Boruit D10.

If I don't like it, I'll give it to my family.

They're not too picky about tint like I am.

If I can get a find a good deal, I might order the Lumintop HL3A for myself.

I wasn't able to use a decent promo code for 11/11, (I didn't realize that the promo codes don't last very long) so I may have to wait until AliExpress has another sale.

Mocarny
Mocarny's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 05/10/2019 - 04:03
Posts: 326
Location: Poland

Maybe my comparison would be helpful:
https://budgetlightforum.com/node/72394
I will add SP40 later, but it is very good headlamp for the price.

If you struggle choosing your perfect headlamp, check my headlamp guide, I compared 15 most popular headlamps there: CLICK

gchart
gchart's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 42 min ago
Joined: 03/19/2016 - 11:57
Posts: 2877
Location: Central IL

Not sure how I missed it, but that’s an incredible headlamp comparison thread!

aginthelaw
aginthelaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 37 min ago
Joined: 09/30/2014 - 21:31
Posts: 1102
Location: noo joisey

Damn raccoon!!! Almost 15000 posts and you can’t fix a headlight??? I bought 2 xtar warboy h3w’s for $30 somehow, about 2 years ago and I’m pleasantly surprised with them. 400 lumens at 4.5 hours and 200 lumens at 10 hours. My best purchase ever. For throw, i prefer my thrunite th10 or olight with the external battery pack whose model i can never remember. Thanks to you starting this thread though, I’m getting a d10 I don’t need.

P.S. don’t take offense to my post. It sounded funnier in my head

never fear shadows…it means a light shines nearby

raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 min 7 sec ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 15314
Location: रॅकून सिटी Palm Desert CA USA

aginthelaw wrote:

Damn raccoon!!! Almost 15000 posts and you can’t fix a headlight???

...

P.S. don’t take offense to my post. It sounded funnier in my head

I don't fix lots of things that are relatively small, such as flashlights and headlights.

I tried to fix a couple of knives, and now those knives are trash.

I'm just not good at fixing stuff.  :-)

aginthelaw
aginthelaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 37 min ago
Joined: 09/30/2014 - 21:31
Posts: 1102
Location: noo joisey
raccoon city wrote:

aginthelaw wrote:

Damn raccoon!!! Almost 15000 posts and you can’t fix a headlight???



P.S. don’t take offense to my post. It sounded funnier in my head


I don’t fix lots of things that are relatively small, such as flashlights and headlights.


I tried to fix a couple of knives, and now those knives are trash.


I’m just not good at fixing stuff.  alt=)" />

You should’ve seen what I did when I “fixed” my mother’s buick

never fear shadows…it means a light shines nearby

Old_Klein
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 22 hours ago
Joined: 09/16/2018 - 05:11
Posts: 23
Location: Norway

The 4000 battery that comes with the D10 is absolute shit i measure both mine to 1100 before they were thrashed. But with a led swap and a good battery. Its pretty darn good

niajef
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 25 min ago
Joined: 10/18/2020 - 18:23
Posts: 780
Location: Toronto
Old_Klein wrote:
The 4000 battery that comes with the D10 is absolute shit i measure both mine to 1100 before they were thrashed. But with a led swap and a good battery. Its pretty darn good

ya i also have 2 boruit batteries, the ratings are bullshit, and the tested capacity is low af…dont rely on those lol

niajef
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 25 min ago
Joined: 10/18/2020 - 18:23
Posts: 780
Location: Toronto

what are people’s opinions on nitecore hc33? are there any critical flaws? so far this looks like the relatively “best” headlamp i can easily get my hands on, as in from amazon.ca lol

raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 min 7 sec ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 15314
Location: रॅकून सिटी Palm Desert CA USA

raccoon city wrote:

I ordered the Boruit D10.

If I don't like it, I'll give it to my family.

They're not too picky about tint like I am.

If I can get a find a good deal, I might order the Lumintop HL3A for myself.

I wasn't able to use a decent promo code for 11/11, (I didn't realize that the promo codes don't last very long) so I may have to wait until AliExpress has another sale.

I received the Boruit D10 today.

It seems pretty nice, and the tint doesn't bother me.

It came from New York instead of China.

It doesn't say Boruit or D10 anywhere on the headlight.

...

Earlier today I ordered the Lumintop HL3A.

I hope I like it more than the Boruit D10!  :THUMBS-UP:

raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 min 7 sec ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 15314
Location: रॅकून सिटी Palm Desert CA USA

raccoon city wrote:

Earlier today I ordered the Lumintop HL3A.

I hope I like it more than the Boruit D10!  :THUMBS-UP:

I received the Lumintop HL3A yesterday.

It is very nice.

I love the smooth ramping.

I like it a lot more than the Boruit D10, so I gave that one to my family.

Pages