Sneaky Banggood

30 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bwana
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 8 min ago
Joined: 02/27/2020 - 06:57
Posts: 365
Location: NEW JERSEY
Sneaky Banggood

I was just on Banggood and saw a 30% off everything banner. They had the weltool W4 “Dragon in Cloud” listed at $437.00 . 30% off comes to $305.90

Sounded pretty good . but further investigation shows It is also listed for $306.00 The 30% off does not work on the $306.00 listing.

I’m not sure what they were trying to accomplish . They should have removed the $306.00 if they wanted to think someone was getting a deal

https://www.banggood.com/search/weltool-w4.html?from=nav

Sirstinky
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 11/02/2018 - 17:07
Posts: 1097
Location: Vancouver, WA

Aliexpress is the same way. One seller will have it for 20% off, but you can get it cheaper elsewhere with no discount…or the 10% off that doesn’t work for all products. Go figure.

staticx57
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 57 min ago
Joined: 04/11/2016 - 00:43
Posts: 711
Location: New Jersey, United States

The illusion of a deal is more important than the actual deal

Bwana
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 8 min ago
Joined: 02/27/2020 - 06:57
Posts: 365
Location: NEW JERSEY
staticx57 wrote:
The illusion of a deal is more important than the actual deal

My wife installed a strobe light in out bedroom to give the illusion she was actually moving during sex .

deeuubee
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 23 hours ago
Joined: 12/05/2012 - 13:35
Posts: 34
Location: Hudson Valley, NY

Oh so funny!, or maybe she’s trying to give you a migrane in hopes you’ll go away. Facepalm

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 50 min 2 sec ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 14083
Location: nyc
Bwana wrote:
My wife installed a strobe light in out bedroom to give the illusion she was actually moving during sex .

You got pwmed…

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Bwana
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 8 min ago
Joined: 02/27/2020 - 06:57
Posts: 365
Location: NEW JERSEY

Sorry I’m old what does “pwmed” mean ?

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 50 min 2 sec ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 14083
Location: nyc

JCPenney tried that, though. (No, not the strobe-sex, but “honest pricing”.)

They had a huge campaign where they would price things at their rock-bottom lowest, no coupons, no sales, no gimmicks. Certainly no jacked-up prices just to “discount” it later.

It went over like a lead balloon.

People will still flock to, ferinstance, Kohls, where you pretty much know not to shop there unless you got a 20%- or 30%-off coupon, plus burn off all your earned Kohl Kash, etc., to get a bargain.

Hell, I once just wanted to buy a coupla belts, that would’ve ended up being something like 50bux or more if you throw in shipping, but then to add just a coupla more bux to make the free-shipping minimum, I bought some sox for cheap. But now that let an additional discount kick in, which now again dumped me under the free-shipping minimum, so I bought some more sox. And then the Kohl Kash kicked in at some point, that by the time I was all done, I ended up getting over 80bux of stuff for a small fraction of that amount. Paid the same for all that as I would’ve paid just for the belts, but now got a lifetime supply (and then some) of those baby-booty sox “free”.

Gaming the system and “winning” a huge discount gives people a sense of accomplishment, an extra rush. Just buying all the stuff with no game-playing isn’t as “fun”, even if you pay less for the same stuff, and pay more for the discount.

What’s more “fun”? Buying your doodad for 300bux flat, or finding it for 400 and scoring a 100buk-off coupon? Woohoo! I saved a hunnit bux! Score!! Bragging rights!

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 50 min 2 sec ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 14083
Location: nyc
Bwana wrote:
Sorry I’m old what does “pwmed” mean ?

Okay, it’s not as funny if I gotta ‘splain it…

If you got pwned it means you got trounced and/or humiliated. Typo for “owned”.

Being that pwm could be compared with extremely fast strobing…

You got pwmed.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Colonel Light
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 42 min ago
Joined: 04/23/2011 - 08:38
Posts: 228
Location: Light Square, Adelaide

Lightbringer wrote:
They had a huge campaign where they would price things at their rock-bottom lowest, no coupons, no sales, no gimmicks. Certainly no jacked-up prices just to “discount” it later.

It went over like a lead balloon.

A sad statement on the “average human” although to be fair that sort of strategy might only work in the long run, especially if they sell a lot of products that are sold elsewhere for a higher price.

I’m sure BLFers look at the price fluctuations and Banggood’s competitors to get an idea of what the real prices are.

Boaz
Boaz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 43 min ago
Joined: 11/07/2010 - 09:31
Posts: 7548
Location: Birthplace of Aviation

Bwana wrote:
staticx57 wrote:
The illusion of a deal is more important than the actual deal
My wife installed a strobe light in out bedroom to give the illusion she was actually moving during sex .

 

  Oh man what a pain ...changing jobs ,the movers ,all that packing and unpacking ,new neighbors ,new schools.. Where is she moving to ?

  * Oh wait ...I get it ..She's actually not moving but is acting like she's moving ..so she packs and you ?? Ok now I think I'm confused again . Do you wear a uniform ?

       καὶ τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν

                            

       Dc-fix diffuser film  >…  http://budgetlightforum.com/node/42208

Bwana
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 8 min ago
Joined: 02/27/2020 - 06:57
Posts: 365
Location: NEW JERSEY

Nobody’s moving yet , my wife is recovering from a elevator accident that happened in July 2019 . If she doesn’t get better and return to work or if we don’t get a settlement in about a year we will be moving. but not like the Jefferson’s

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 50 min 2 sec ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 14083
Location: nyc

Colonel Light wrote:
Lightbringer wrote:
They had a huge campaign where they would price things at their rock-bottom lowest, no coupons, no sales, no gimmicks. Certainly no jacked-up prices just to “discount” it later.

It went over like a lead balloon.

A sad statement on the “average human” although to be fair that sort of strategy might only work in the long run, especially if they sell a lot of products that are sold elsewhere for a higher price.

Holy Crap… I just wanted to recall what was their name for it, and what a sad commentary indeed:

https://www.google.com/search?q=jcpenney+honest+pricing

Nb: that NBC piece at the top. Tired

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

2A
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 05/18/2020 - 09:57
Posts: 542
Location: quarantained

almost any discount or coupon does not work on almost any item I want to buy from BG.
Guess why I haven’t purchased anything from them in the entire year..

what a waste of time.

Katherine Alicia
Katherine Alicia's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 days ago
Joined: 08/21/2020 - 17:27
Posts: 229
Location: Central UK.

The worst is if you Do find a combo that works and manage to score Real deal, is that they then refuse to honor it! and keep pushing the shipping date forward every 2 weeks, they Do make a large “Request Refund” button appear next to it though.
I`v had an EDC18 of hold now for over a month just because I managed to get it for $23.

2A
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 05/18/2020 - 09:57
Posts: 542
Location: quarantained

I remember a time when we had responsible customer service reps on BLF. from almost all of the big shops.
they actually went back to check and responded… guess BLF isn’t big enough to have a voice any longer.

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 50 min 2 sec ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 14083
Location: nyc
Katherine Alicia wrote:
The worst is if you Do find a combo that works and manage to score Real deal, is that they then refuse to honor it! and keep pushing the shipping date forward every 2 weeks, they Do make a large “Request Refund” button appear next to it though. I`v had an EDC18 of hold now for over a month just because I managed to get it for $23.

And of course you could buy plenty of ‘em unfettered, right here and now… but at regular price.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

varbos
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 02/16/2017 - 07:36
Posts: 574
Location: Europe

Katherine Alicia wrote:
The worst is if you Do find a combo that works and manage to score Real deal, is that they then refuse to honor it! and keep pushing the shipping date forward every 2 weeks, they Do make a large “Request Refund” button appear next to it though.
I`v had an EDC18 of hold now for over a month just because I managed to get it for $23.

That does not surprise me.
pennzy
pennzy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 33 min ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 19:45
Posts: 3116
Location: United States , Pa.

Not just Chinese companies doing this. Watch out for Sears.com. I bought a microwave Aug. 29th and still no sign of it. Paid for it mostly with saved up points and caught it on sale to boot. CS (India) keeps telling me there is a appliance shortage to blame but I see the same microwave in stock at other retailers. They keep pushing me towards another model but no thanks.

Katherine Alicia
Katherine Alicia's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 days ago
Joined: 08/21/2020 - 17:27
Posts: 229
Location: Central UK.

scored a $10 convoy c8 host and used a $5 off coupon, today I got an email saying they can`t post it!

“We regret to inform you that the item can’t be shipped with the shipping method you chose due to some specific restrictions of the logistics carrier.”

I did nothing different form any other time, and yet Now it`s a problem???

zoulas
zoulas's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 4 sec ago
Joined: 06/01/2020 - 08:35
Posts: 863

Bangood is a pricing roulette wheel . Add the dozens of coupons and you have a completely random pricing system .

Muto
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 16:42
Posts: 2585
Location: Southeast, PA

I delete their emails everyday, done with them.
Eff gearbest too.

The difference between Hoarding and Collecting is the illusion of Organization
.

“History doesn’t repeat itself, but it sometimes rhymes,” Mark Twain

After the Apocalypse there will be only 2 things left alive, Cockroaches and Keith Richards

Rdubya18
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 10/28/2018 - 18:42
Posts: 462
Location: Ohio
Muto wrote:
I delete their emails everyday, done with them. Eff gearbest too.

I agree !

Zappaman
Zappaman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 01/01/2018 - 23:27
Posts: 765
Location: Kansas

Fastech is the ONLY one left over there (besides the direct sellers of course) that I’ll buy from. No BS, price is price, and shipping is as fast as the rest (in the past, but no more). Oh… and NO FAKE TAXES! Flat Stare

ZappaMan

slmjim
slmjim's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 02/04/2018 - 17:49
Posts: 393
Location: Derby City - Home of The Louisville Slugger

Bwana wrote:
My wife installed a strobe light in out bedroom to give the illusion she was actually moving during sex .

You owe me a keyboard & half a cuppa coffee... laughing

 

slmjim

Great... Carnac the Magnificent tells me I just signed up for yet another expensive hobby.

Smile! It makes others wonder what you've been up to.

niajef
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 10/18/2020 - 18:23
Posts: 780
Location: Toronto
Zappaman wrote:
Fastech is the ONLY one left over there (besides the direct sellers of course) that I’ll buy from. No BS, price is price, and shipping is as fast as the rest (in the past, but no more). Oh… and NO FAKE TAXES! Flat Stare

but they do give a lot of false hope in terms of shipping, it says free shipping internationally, and then only when you check out you find out that because of your country, its either super expensive or not available at all. i mean of course its not their fault, but i wish they implemented a check based on ip like BG does, and tells us straight up on product page, whether this item can be shipped to your country or not

niajef
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 10/18/2020 - 18:23
Posts: 780
Location: Toronto

2A wrote:
almost any discount or coupon does not work on almost any item I want to buy from BG.
Guess why I haven’t purchased anything from them in the entire year..

what a waste of time.

ya none of their coupons works with anything thats on sale. and all these flashlights are only worth buying when they are on sale because their “regular” price is super inflated. so for our purposes, we can basically ignore all coupons.

and also, when you sign up, you get like a 10% off coupon that you can only use when you order from the app, but if you compare prices, the app is magically more expensive to begin with, sometimes even with 10% off, its more than the web price, so stupid.

2A
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 05/18/2020 - 09:57
Posts: 542
Location: quarantained

Here is a new one (I didn’t know about before) – transferring affiliate points from your “points account” to your BGpay account takes an entire week! this is an internal transfer, not external. how can this take so much time?
Now, I am sure there are more issues or incompatibilities when trying to use the BGpay cash..

snakebite
snakebite's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 1 hour ago
Joined: 11/20/2013 - 20:21
Posts: 2005
Location: dayton oh

and i dont trust the chinese apps.
these “dark patterns” that try to get you to install their spyware wont work on me.

niajef wrote:
2A wrote:
almost any discount or coupon does not work on almost any item I want to buy from BG.
Guess why I haven’t purchased anything from them in the entire year..

what a waste of time.

ya none of their coupons works with anything thats on sale. and all these flashlights are only worth buying when they are on sale because their “regular” price is super inflated. so for our purposes, we can basically ignore all coupons.

and also, when you sign up, you get like a 10% off coupon that you can only use when you order from the app, but if you compare prices, the app is magically more expensive to begin with, sometimes even with 10% off, its more than the web price, so stupid.

2A
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 05/18/2020 - 09:57
Posts: 542
Location: quarantained

So I bought an item with my BGpay and also had a 2.00$ allowance (you can get that if you spent 200 points).
Also paid for shipping, shipping insurance, tariff insurance. the whole deal, fed the big BG mouth.

now… the next morning I have an email from BG with the topic “Order 6375283”, where they are letting me know my order has been canceled.
- refund to my BGpay account will take a full day
- my points spent are gone
- my allowance is gone

When I asked why this happened they simply claim “a logistics issue”. And I won’t get my allowance back.

This company is unbelievable.