Beamshots: Convoy L21A kw CULPM1.TG @ 648 Meters (& vs C8+)

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rusty Joe
Rusty Joe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 07/24/2011 - 00:22
Posts: 3578
Location: Houston, TX
Beamshots: Convoy L21A kw CULPM1.TG @ 648 Meters (& vs C8+)


This is the 8-amp driver.
Edited by: Rusty Joe on 01/05/2021 - 14:24
Zappaman
Zappaman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 5 days ago
Joined: 01/01/2018 - 23:27
Posts: 791
Location: Kansas

Nice!!! Thumbs Up

I am hoping my NEW C8+ with the CULPM1 (and 8A ramping driver) gets out there (almost) as good as the L21a. Big Smile

ZappaMan

Rusty Joe
Rusty Joe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 07/24/2011 - 00:22
Posts: 3578
Location: Houston, TX

Zappaman wrote:
Nice!!! Thumbs Up

I am hoping my NEW C8+ with the CULPM1 (and 8A ramping driver) gets out there (almost) as good as the L21a. Big Smile

Oh you won’t be disappointed!

Zappaman
Zappaman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 5 days ago
Joined: 01/01/2018 - 23:27
Posts: 791
Location: Kansas

Got out tonight right before the rain started. Mounted the C8+ on my AR and my FET tail switch off my old Sofirn gun lights lego’ed with the Convoy (I’ll take my luck there!)

Went out back, pulled up the gun, hit the light and… WOW Evil At 400 yards IN A DRIZZLE I could have popped a coyote EASY (with another rifle, on a good shooting rest of course). But da’yam… that little C8+ was PLENTY bright!

I also bought a pair of S21b’s with the same emitter, but by the time the Molicel P42a high drain 21700 battery got to 4.2V… rain came and shut me down. But I still ran it in a lighter drizzle for a short while just before bed, and even with some light fog… I was seeing pretty good at 150 yards.

Simon’s new drivers in these lights are rock stars for gun use! Now I have to build out a few FET tail remote switches for these lights and get them on some rifles. COLD weather is coming so some good modding time is just around the corner. Soldering station and a few beers is bliss when it’s 10 degrees out. Can’t wait! Big Smile

ZappaMan

lazerEagle
lazerEagle's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 05/20/2020 - 21:11
Posts: 229
Location: Australia

thank you for using meters Innocent great beamshots, great lights.

- the best way to predict the future is to create it -

hodor
hodor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 11 hours ago
Joined: 07/11/2018 - 03:58
Posts: 1063
Location: UK

^ +1 Thumbs Up

Thanks for the video, looks like a winner!

Chicken Drumstick
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 1 week ago
Joined: 08/27/2012 - 05:00
Posts: 2762
Location: UK

Thanks for the review.

Is it the same driver in both flashlights? Do you know if this driver is available on its own?

BTW – did you get this direct from Simon on his Aliexpress store? I nearly bought an L21 host last night to build up with this LED. But wondering if that would be the more costly approach.

hodor
hodor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 11 hours ago
Joined: 07/11/2018 - 03:58
Posts: 1063
Location: UK

Driver here

C8+ driver won’t be the same as 8A won’t fit in it (22mm vs 17mm).

Zappaman
Zappaman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 5 days ago
Joined: 01/01/2018 - 23:27
Posts: 791
Location: Kansas

hodor wrote:
Driver here

C8+ driver won’t be the same as 8A won’t fit in it (22mm vs 17mm).

I’d ask Simon at his AE store message system. There are several new drivers he’s working on right now and he is your best source for what is available if not listed in the store. He is sometimes busy (obviously!), but always gets back to you. * Hint: make it short and sweet for a faster response Smile

ZappaMan

Cochise334ever
Cochise334ever's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 17 hours ago
Joined: 12/24/2020 - 08:13
Posts: 288
Location: Upstate PA/ Germany

Thanks for the video.Just got mine today.

My firmware appears to be defective.Turn light on, Tap quickly 20 times .Suppose to be in programmable mode.EVERY time it flashes 5 times,then pause and continues to repeat that.It is stuck in Option One. 5 modes 3 blinkies.

At least it works.still.disappointed.Tried 30 plus times to no avail.

Posted this on Mocarny review.Thought about starting a thread.

Sorry for the intrusion

To admit is to acknowledge.To Accept is to take action.

Cochise334ever
Cochise334ever's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 17 hours ago
Joined: 12/24/2020 - 08:13
Posts: 288
Location: Upstate PA/ Germany

To admit is to acknowledge.To Accept is to take action.

Rusty Joe
Rusty Joe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 07/24/2011 - 00:22
Posts: 3578
Location: Houston, TX

Cochise334ever wrote:
Thanks for the video.Just got mine today.

My firmware appears to be defective.Turn light on, Tap quickly 20 times .Suppose to be in programmable mode.EVERY time it flashes 5 times,then pause and continues to repeat that.It is stuck in Option One. 5 modes 3 blinkies.

At least it works.still.disappointed.Tried 30 plus times to no avail.

Posted this on Mocarny review.Thought about starting a thread.

Sorry for the intrusion

No, you have to just turn it on and tap it like 30 times as fast as you can. Then wait for the blinks and select whichever you like and turn the flashlight off and on in that mode and it will work. Took me forever to figure it out.

Xandre
Xandre's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 42 min ago
Joined: 03/06/2011 - 07:02
Posts: 505
Location: South Germany

Tap.tap,tab….30——-tendinitis Facepalm

But great light

Regards Xandre

Cochise334ever
Cochise334ever's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 17 hours ago
Joined: 12/24/2020 - 08:13
Posts: 288
Location: Upstate PA/ Germany

Rusty Joe wrote:
Cochise334ever wrote:
Thanks for the video.Just got mine today.

My firmware appears to be defective.Turn light on, Tap quickly 20 times .Suppose to be in programmable mode.EVERY time it flashes 5 times,then pause and continues to repeat that.It is stuck in Option One. 5 modes 3 blinkies.

At least it works.still.disappointed.Tried 30 plus times to no avail.

Posted this on Mocarny review.Thought about starting a thread.

Sorry for the intrusion

No, you have to just turn it on and tap it like 30 times as fast as you can. Then wait for the blinks and select whichever you like and turn the flashlight off and on in that mode and it will work. Took me forever to figure it out.

Joe THANK YOU SO MUCH Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Why does Alliexpress say 20X?? What a crazy UI.Why not Anduril or Narsil! Facepalm

It is Programmed now..thats all that matters Cool Thumbs Up

It took me like 7 attemps.7 attempts with success is MUCH better than 30 or 40 Failed attempts!!

To admit is to acknowledge.To Accept is to take action.

ArtieT59
ArtieT59's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 2980
Location: CT, USA

I Bought this L21a about a month ago and love it! Also bought the M21a cslpm1 6amp driver at the same time ($23) and that light is IMHO a better deal! I have no way of measuring output and throw, but in almost every practical sense the M21a appears to throw ALMOST (800% ?) as far with just a little (25% ?) less lumens. Totally worth the money! Plus it also runs on a 21700, it’s very compact, and does not get hot crazy fast like almost all other osram lights I have. Can’t go wrong with either light

[FLF] Five Light Friday https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78749

Check out some of my new lights (picture heavy) and quick first impressions of them here: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/77180

My Sft40 beamshots / comparison thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78100

Rusty Joe
Rusty Joe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 07/24/2011 - 00:22
Posts: 3578
Location: Houston, TX

Cochise334ever wrote:
Rusty Joe wrote:
Cochise334ever wrote:
Thanks for the video.Just got mine today.

My firmware appears to be defective.Turn light on, Tap quickly 20 times .Suppose to be in programmable mode.EVERY time it flashes 5 times,then pause and continues to repeat that.It is stuck in Option One. 5 modes 3 blinkies.

At least it works.still.disappointed.Tried 30 plus times to no avail.

Posted this on Mocarny review.Thought about starting a thread.

Sorry for the intrusion

No, you have to just turn it on and tap it like 30 times as fast as you can. Then wait for the blinks and select whichever you like and turn the flashlight off and on in that mode and it will work. Took me forever to figure it out.

Joe THANK YOU SO MUCH Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Why does Alliexpress say 20X?? What a crazy UI.Why not Anduril or Narsil! Facepalm

It is Programmed now..thats all that matters Cool Thumbs Up

It took me like 7 attemps.7 attempts with success is MUCH better than 30 or 40 Failed attempts!!

Yw. They just can’t communicate worth a damn.