Sold

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
HutchOven
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 23 hours ago
Joined: 03/01/2016 - 15:22
Posts: 21
Location: California
Sold

Version 5.0 and no batteries included. SOLD

I’m in the US, take Venmo, zelle or PayPal (buyer covers fees).

I got 2 of these for Christmas and decided not to keep the 2nd one. Only removed from the box to check what version it is and operation. I sourced a couple really strong magnets that can be bolted onto the base and side of the LT1 as seen in the picture with my other LT1. I will include a magnet for this one also. No joke when I say the magnet is strong. You could hang quite a bit of weight off of the hook of the light.

4th pic is of both lt1’s. The illuminated hanging one is the one for sale.

Edited by: HutchOven on 01/12/2021 - 13:59
Sunnysunsun
Sunnysunsun's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 18 hours ago
Joined: 08/09/2019 - 12:51
Posts: 763
Location: Toronto

You have a cool magnet but do consider that new LT1s directly from sofirn are going for $54-55 (using a sofirn provided coupon code) WITH batteries and free shipping, albeit from China.

I don’t know how much someone will value a magnet but it may take you a while to find a seller.

Good luck on your sale!

HutchOven
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 23 hours ago
Joined: 03/01/2016 - 15:22
Posts: 21
Location: California

You must be the price watch guy they hired for here considering you like to do this in multiple sale ads.

Go price out a quality 50mm n52 magnet and someone to machine it to fit and let me know if my price is good then. $55 (plus tax) from China gets you garbage batteries and 30 days shipping. These are also going on Amazon for $66 plus tax.

Sunnysunsun
Sunnysunsun's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 18 hours ago
Joined: 08/09/2019 - 12:51
Posts: 763
Location: Toronto

HutchOven wrote:
You must be the price watch guy they hired for here considering you like to do this in multiple sale ads.

Go price out a quality 50mm n52 magnet and someone to machine it to fit and let me know if my price is good then. $55 (plus tax) from China gets you garbage batteries and 30 days shipping. These are also going on Amazon for $66 plus tax.

I see, now that’s where the value in your LT1 lies.

I think helping people to ascertain a more reasonable price expectation, a price that an item is much more likely to sell at is beneficial to both buyers and sellers. I now see that I am probably mistaken with what I thought your light would be worth. It is true that those magnets at that size are not cheap.

niajef
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 5 days ago
Joined: 10/18/2020 - 18:23
Posts: 798
Location: Toronto

HutchOven wrote:
You must be the price watch guy they hired for here considering you like to do this in multiple sale ads.

Go price out a quality 50mm n52 magnet and someone to machine it to fit and let me know if my price is good then. $55 (plus tax) from China gets you garbage batteries and 30 days shipping. These are also going on Amazon for $66 plus tax.

i wouldnt say sofirn batteries are garbage batteries.

HutchOven
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 23 hours ago
Joined: 03/01/2016 - 15:22
Posts: 21
Location: California

niajef wrote:
HutchOven wrote:
You must be the price watch guy they hired for here considering you like to do this in multiple sale ads.

Go price out a quality 50mm n52 magnet and someone to machine it to fit and let me know if my price is good then. $55 (plus tax) from China gets you garbage batteries and 30 days shipping. These are also going on Amazon for $66 plus tax.

i wouldnt say sofirn batteries are garbage batteries.

Garbage may have been a bit too harsh but I doubt they are anywhere near a 30q. I’ve never owned one though so this is an assumption and based on a couple things I’ve seen in reviews.

Zappaman
Zappaman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 01/01/2018 - 23:27
Posts: 791
Location: Kansas

The sofirn batteries have plenty of current for this lantern and are fine for a 3kmAh solution. But I always put PannyB’s (or other 3400+mAh) batteries in my LT1’s. So for $46 (now with coupon) I’d get a tail cap for my SC31 Pro and the LT1 without batteries.

BUT… with a magnet as described price seems fair if that’s what you want.

ZappaMan

niajef
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 5 days ago
Joined: 10/18/2020 - 18:23
Posts: 798
Location: Toronto

its not as good as 30Q in terms of high current draw, but thats by design, its not meant to be high current draw. for what its supposed to do, it works just fine, i think its in 2nd tier or 3rd tier after all the big brands

HutchOven
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 23 hours ago
Joined: 03/01/2016 - 15:22
Posts: 21
Location: California
niajef wrote:
its not as good as 30Q in terms of high current draw, but thats by design, its not meant to be high current draw. for what its supposed to do, it works just fine, i think its in 2nd tier or 3rd tier after all the big brands

Not trying to turn this into a battery discussion, I just found it a little rude to be called out in a price. If someone wants to ask $100 for a LT1, than let them. Maybe they like to ask high and take low offers.

Look at others things I’ve sold on here. My prices are usually really good and usually have comments on the good price.

Zappaman
Zappaman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 01/01/2018 - 23:27
Posts: 791
Location: Kansas

HutchOven wrote:

Not trying to turn this into a battery discussion, I just found it a little rude to be called out in a price. If someone wants to ask $100 for a LT1, than let them. Maybe they like to ask high and take low offers.

Agreed… policy here is to keep opinions of price to ourselves and just not comment. That said Sunny apologized and the LT1 here for sale indeed has nothing to do with batteries.

HO, check your PM Wink

ZappaMan

Sunnysunsun
Sunnysunsun's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 18 hours ago
Joined: 08/09/2019 - 12:51
Posts: 763
Location: Toronto

Zappaman wrote:
HutchOven wrote:

Not trying to turn this into a battery discussion, I just found it a little rude to be called out in a price. If someone wants to ask $100 for a LT1, than let them. Maybe they like to ask high and take low offers.

Agreed… policy here is to keep opinions of price to ourselves and just not comment. That said Sunny apologized and the LT1 here for sale indeed has nothing to do with batteries.

HO, check your PM Wink

Gotchya, my hope was to help avoid a situation where someone tries to sell a light but ends up waiting weeks and weeks with the occasional small price decrease because their initial price was just too high for market value. I’ve been there before where it would have been helpful had someone let me know sooner that the price I had been asking was unreasonable since I didn’t know the market very well.

Hope this was a sale!

Zappaman
Zappaman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 01/01/2018 - 23:27
Posts: 791
Location: Kansas

SunnySS… I believe you were trying to be helpful, and I think we all appreciate your clarifying your good intentions.

I think this is why SB made the policy for comments on sales- to avoid simple misunderstandings between a great group of light freaks like us. Big Smile

Cheers!

ZappaMan

Sunnysunsun
Sunnysunsun's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 18 hours ago
Joined: 08/09/2019 - 12:51
Posts: 763
Location: Toronto

Zappaman wrote:

I think this is why SB made the policy for comments on sales- to avoid simple misunderstandings between a great group of light freaks like us. Big Smile

Cheers!

Thanks, noted for the future

Zappaman
Zappaman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 01/01/2018 - 23:27
Posts: 791
Location: Kansas

I received the lantern and magnet today- perfect (new) condition on both items. I then found a nice 1/4” cap screw and cut it down to fit the magnet to the bottom of the LT1- GREAT MOD HERE!

ZappaMan