[Review] TURBOGLOW LUMINTOP FW3G, the ultimate flashlight in the FW series?

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
The_Flashaholic
The_Flashaholic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 04/05/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 1251
Location: Wakefield
[Review] TURBOGLOW LUMINTOP FW3G, the ultimate flashlight in the FW series?

I love TURBOGLOW! Hate the FW switch!

My 4K Lumen Whore Reviews (MS18, X70, MS12, DX80, X80-GT, X45vn etc) - http://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLIC_TV

Edited by: The_Flashaholic on 02/02/2021 - 17:19
Agro
Agro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 38 min ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 6941
Location: Ślōnsk

An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: tmxGat4MPTZaNIwM)

The_Flashaholic
The_Flashaholic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 04/05/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 1251
Location: Wakefield

Try now

My 4K Lumen Whore Reviews (MS18, X70, MS12, DX80, X80-GT, X45vn etc) - http://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLIC_TV

Perception
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 2 hours ago
Joined: 10/01/2019 - 20:11
Posts: 153

Same error here.

Edit- works now.

scalyman.
scalyman.'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 08/10/2018 - 08:07
Posts: 15
Location: Australia

The link in the review for a supposedly discounted price is So much cheaper at nealsgadgets.com use code ndna to bring it down to 126 usd. Not the $150 advertised.

Henk4U2
Henk4U2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 02/13/2014 - 17:52
Posts: 4227
Location: The heart of the Netherlands (GMT+1)

Nice of you to explain it is essentially a GITD casing, without secundary led’s or so.
I asked M4X about that, but he never answered me.

As much as I like the gimmick, for me it has two major downsides.
Proprietary battery and way too much money. But thanks for the review. And the answer.

You are a flashaholic if you are forced to come out of the closet, to make room for more flashlights.

The_Flashaholic
The_Flashaholic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 04/05/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 1251
Location: Wakefield
scalyman. wrote:
The link in the review for a supposedly discounted price is So much cheaper at nealsgadgets.com use code ndna to bring it down to 126 usd. Not the $150 advertised.

Bless ya, Sonny.

My 4K Lumen Whore Reviews (MS18, X70, MS12, DX80, X80-GT, X45vn etc) - http://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLIC_TV

scalyman.
scalyman.'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 08/10/2018 - 08:07
Posts: 15
Location: Australia

Good luck deleting that one.

The_Flashaholic
The_Flashaholic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 04/05/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 1251
Location: Wakefield
scalyman. wrote:
Good luck deleting that one.

1. I’ve deleted none of your comments, I’ve just not gone onto the post approval page yet as I’ve been very busy.

2. I’m not a Lumintop website affiliate as you erroneously claim, so your trolling is pointless.

3. Get help, Sonny. Don’t be one of life’s extreme losers.

My 4K Lumen Whore Reviews (MS18, X70, MS12, DX80, X80-GT, X45vn etc) - http://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLIC_TV

scalyman.
scalyman.'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 08/10/2018 - 08:07
Posts: 15
Location: Australia

I am just making sure people don’t get ripped off. You can grind your axe somewhere else…

The_Flashaholic
The_Flashaholic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 04/05/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 1251
Location: Wakefield

Tbh, I was only aware you could get them direct and I’ll never link to Nealsgadgets anyway as he has a terrible rep.

Just concentrate on your woeful youtube reviews, Sonny.

My 4K Lumen Whore Reviews (MS18, X70, MS12, DX80, X80-GT, X45vn etc) - http://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLIC_TV

scalyman.
scalyman.'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 08/10/2018 - 08:07
Posts: 15
Location: Australia

Neal is a great supplier. I have had many lights from him with NO issues. Also I dont do reviews. I am not sure why you keep insulting me. I think the mods need to have a look at your attitude.

The_Flashaholic
The_Flashaholic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 04/05/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 1251
Location: Wakefield
scalyman. wrote:
Neal is a great supplier. I have had many lights from him with NO issues. Also I dont do reviews. I am not sure why you keep insulting me. I think the mods need to have a look at your attitude.

Great, but one swallow doesn’t make a summer, he has the worst rep in the hobby.

Your rep is going downhill too, nobody likes you on Facebook anymore, they are realising how very very weird you are.

I ought to post a screenshot of how many times you spammed the same anti-Flashaholic comment on the youtube review of this light to show everyone how disturbed and weird you are.

My 4K Lumen Whore Reviews (MS18, X70, MS12, DX80, X80-GT, X45vn etc) - http://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLIC_TV

Luminman
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/18/2020 - 15:52
Posts: 4

Flashaholic can you elaborate on the FW switch.

If that switch is messed up, I’ll probably not get it. even though it looks real cool.

The_Flashaholic
The_Flashaholic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 04/05/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 1251
Location: Wakefield

Luminman wrote:
Flashaholic can you elaborate on the FW switch.

If that switch is messed up, I’ll probably not get it. even though it looks real cool.


The switch housing isnt screwed down or glued in on the FW lights so it can easily get misaligned and become unresponsive and quite often not pressing the rear switch makes it stick on.

My 4K Lumen Whore Reviews (MS18, X70, MS12, DX80, X80-GT, X45vn etc) - http://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLIC_TV

Luminman
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/18/2020 - 15:52
Posts: 4

The_Flashaholic wrote:
Luminman wrote:
Flashaholic can you elaborate on the FW switch.

If that switch is messed up, I’ll probably not get it. even though it looks real cool.


The switch housing isnt screwed down or glued in on the FW lights so it can easily get misaligned and become unresponsive and quite often not pressing the rear switch makes it stick on.

OK thanks.
I did a search on the flashlight.

netprince
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 06/14/2012 - 13:48
Posts: 659
Location: Virginia

Henk4U2 wrote:
Nice of you to explain it is essentially a GITD casing, without secundary led’s or so.
I asked M4X about that, but he never answered me.

As much as I like the gimmick, for me it has two major downsides.
Proprietary battery and way too much money. But thanks for the review. And the answer.

This was almost exactly what I was thinking

WalkIntoTheLight
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 1 week ago
Joined: 12/05/2015 - 10:26
Posts: 2231
Location: Canada

netprince wrote:
Henk4U2 wrote:
Nice of you to explain it is essentially a GITD casing, without secundary led’s or so.
I asked M4X about that, but he never answered me.

As much as I like the gimmick, for me it has two major downsides.
Proprietary battery and way too much money. But thanks for the review. And the answer.

This was almost exactly what I was thinking

+2

The light looks really cool, but if it’s just a GITD plastic case, I don’t like the implication that has for heat dissipation. And, yeah, way too expensive for a FW light.

Lux Luther
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 02/27/2021 - 06:56
Posts: 10
Location: England, UK

I do like the look of this light, but the proprietary battery is a deal breaker for me.

It's a shame because I would have went with the turbo glow green gasket and green Turboglow Glow Switch Cap. 

Thank you for the review.

Luminman
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/18/2020 - 15:52
Posts: 4

I went ahead and ordered the AA GITD version. Had to wait after the Chinese new year holiday till it shipped. Right now its in limbo at a post office.