SP36 pro vs SP36 blf

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tendou
Offline
Last seen: 21 min 28 sec ago
Joined: 03/26/2020 - 03:49
Posts: 134
SP36 pro vs SP36 blf

Anyone have both? Can you gives comparison of them?

Kwispelhond wrote:
I just did me some google to decide between these two for myself and found several YouTube’s comparing them together and with other lights. Here on the forum I think that asking a more detailed question about what you actually want to see or know will give more response.

For what it’s worth, I bought the SP36Pro in 5000K for myself.

![img]https://i.imgur.com/YWy2gpm.jpg[/img]!

I watch tonnes of YouTube videos before buying. I bought the BLF 5000k. But afterwards I’m not so sure if I made the right choice.

I like a good beam high CRI but I also like a good throw. And I want them to have a good runtime perform well not only on a short period of turbo bit also on lower level.

Something that perform admirably in practical use.

Edited by: Tendou on 05/10/2021 - 02:18
icpart
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 04/15/2019 - 01:13
Posts: 284
Location: Bulgaria

See d_t_a channel on YouTube. I think he made comparison video of them.

Kwispelhond
Kwispelhond's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 15 min ago
Joined: 03/06/2021 - 10:38
Posts: 43
Location: The Netherlands

I just did me some google to decide between these two for myself and found several YouTube’s comparing them together and with other lights. Here on the forum I think that asking a more detailed question about what you actually want to see or know will give more response.

For what it’s worth, I bought the SP36Pro in 5000K for myself.

icpart
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 04/15/2019 - 01:13
Posts: 284
Location: Bulgaria

Blf version is Hi CRI which is advantage in most case. The pro version is more powerful but it will substain that lumens for few seconds so it is not big deal. I want to buy PRO version because really like it SP36 in any variant. I have also blf version as a kit but it’s not assembled.

Porchlight
Porchlight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 15 hours ago
Joined: 05/04/2021 - 10:36
Posts: 64

What level lumens will it sustain?

icpart
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 04/15/2019 - 01:13
Posts: 284
Location: Bulgaria

Porchlight wrote:
What level lumens will it sustain?

From my experience with XPLi version of my SP36 I think that is around 1500-2000lumens max for longer times depending on surrounding temperature of the air.
Tendou
Offline
Last seen: 21 min 28 sec ago
Joined: 03/26/2020 - 03:49
Posts: 134

Kwispelhond wrote:
I just did me some google to decide between these two for myself and found several YouTube’s comparing them together and with other lights. Here on the forum I think that asking a more detailed question about what you actually want to see or know will give more response.

For what it’s worth, I bought the SP36Pro in 5000K for myself.

![img]https://i.imgur.com/YWy2gpm.jpg[/img]!

I watch tonnes of YouTube videos before buying. I bought the BLF 5000k. But afterwards I’m not so sure if I made the right choice.

I like a good beam high CRI but I also like a good throw. And I want them to have a good runtime perform well not only on a short period of turbo bit also on lower level.

CR888
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 01/13/2021 - 08:31
Posts: 200
Location: Australia

I wanted to know what the OP does prior to buying my SP36pro. I shot blind and went for the most lumens and price with the ‘more is better theory’. But as you learn about emitter types & there characteristics, drivers, reflectors etc you start to get a better picture as to how any light will perform & whether you’ll like it. I still don’t know if I bought the best choice for me but I do like the SP36pro both for it’s performance & size. 3 cells is much nicer in my hand than 4 but still has lots of capacity & powa. FWIW,I like ALL the blf lights I own, behind their creation are knowledgeable folk who have passion & pride who put function, quality and performance before profit. Often the end result trumps lights that are 3x the price.

CR888

Kwispelhond
Kwispelhond's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 15 min ago
Joined: 03/06/2021 - 10:38
Posts: 43
Location: The Netherlands

Deciding between these two versions of the SP36 is like the classic quality over quantity choice, do you want the nicer and warmer light and a bit better beam go BLF or do you want the brightest with the longest throw go Pro.

All these lights, not just these two have the turbo fall back in some way, the SP36 lights have active temperature management so turbo stays on maximum longer on cold days as on warm days and you’ll need to calibrate the temperature for maximum turbo effect. In my experience the turbo-setting stays very bright even when falling back some but it has been pretty cold so far this year.

I’m happy with my choice, I went for max fun and the fun I got is awesome, bought it as a play-light and I like playing with it.

Tendou
Offline
Last seen: 21 min 28 sec ago
Joined: 03/26/2020 - 03:49
Posts: 134
CR888 wrote:
I wanted to know what the OP does prior to buying my SP36pro. I shot blind and went for the most lumens and price with the ‘more is better theory’. But as you learn about emitter types & there characteristics, drivers, reflectors etc you start to get a better picture as to how any light will perform & whether you’ll like it. I still don’t know if I bought the best choice for me but I do like the SP36pro both for it’s performance & size. 3 cells is much nicer in my hand than 4 but still has lots of capacity & powa. FWIW,I like ALL the blf lights I own, behind their creation are knowledgeable folk who have passion & pride who put function, quality and performance before profit. Often the end result trumps lights that are 3x the price.

I watch lot’s od YouTube review and read people’s comment on them on Reddit and Facebook. While many say that the blf gives better tint some says the pro version is not that bad. And the beam pattern for the pro is more balanced with throw and spills. Except for the ring in the beam profile.

I don’t know how much better the high CRI is compared to the sst40. And if the pro is really much brighter and throwier than the blf.in mode other than turbo.

I would like better runtimes too at comparable brightness in other levels too.

Tendou
Offline
Last seen: 21 min 28 sec ago
Joined: 03/26/2020 - 03:49
Posts: 134

Kwispelhond wrote:
Deciding between these two versions of the SP36 is like the classic quality over quantity choice, do you want the nicer and warmer light and a bit better beam go BLF or do you want the brightest with the longest throw go Pro.

All these lights, not just these two have the turbo fall back in some way, the SP36 lights have active temperature management so turbo stays on maximum longer on cold days as on warm days and you’ll need to calibrate the temperature for maximum turbo effect. In my experience the turbo-setting stays very bright even when falling back some but it has been pretty cold so far this year.

I’m happy with my choice, I went for max fun and the fun I got is awesome, bought it as a play-light and I like playing with it.

So you went with the pro?

I would like the increase in throw and brightness too.

Good runtimes. High CRI would be good too but I hope no green at lower levels.

If the SP36PRO is not as powerful at lower levels after better go for higher CRI

I hope I don’t confuse other people. Lol

Kwispelhond
Kwispelhond's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 15 min ago
Joined: 03/06/2021 - 10:38
Posts: 43
Location: The Netherlands

those are questions everybody needs to answer for themselves. Me personally I like hi-CRI especially at shorter range and inside so find it more important in smaller lights. The lights I have for outside use, I think CRI and perfect beam a bit less important thou I rather have no CW so I got me the 5000K SST40’s, mine and the Pro’s I saw on YouTube are all nice and white, no trace of green at all.

Tendou
Offline
Last seen: 21 min 28 sec ago
Joined: 03/26/2020 - 03:49
Posts: 134
Kwispelhond wrote:
those are questions everybody needs to answer for themselves. Me personally I like hi-CRI especially at shorter range and inside so find it more important in smaller lights. The lights I have for outside use, I think CRI and perfect beam a bit less important thou I rather have no CW so I got me the 5000K SST40’s, mine and the Pro’s I saw on YouTube are all nice and white, no trace of green at all.

Thanks for your insight. Seems like the pro is av good compromise.