AMUTORCH XT60 Pre-sale PROMOTION! Limited time only!

30 posts / 0 new
Last post
amutorch
amutorch's picture
Offline
Last seen: 48 min 15 sec ago
Joined: 05/29/2020 - 03:52
Posts: 84
AMUTORCH XT60 Pre-sale PROMOTION! Limited time only!

AMUTORCH XT60 pre-sale,
Presale price: $95.96
Available at: July 16th-26th,
and the order will be shipped after promotion. !!!

XT 60 SBT90 version delivers a max output of 6000 lumens and a far-reaching beam distance of 1221meters. Thumbs Up One 5000mAh Li-ion 21700 battery offers 120h runtime for long-time outdoor lighting. XT60 has an intelligent temperature control system to ensure comfortable use while also protecting important internal components.

Click the photo below to place an order right now =====

Edited by: amutorch on 07/19/2021 - 00:31
dave1010
dave1010's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 07/04/2017 - 02:38
Posts: 298
Location: Dorset, United Kingdom

Good to see more SBT90.2 lights.

150mm long, 62mm head, 26mm body.

That makes it a bit bigger than the Wurkkos TS30S and a bit smaller than the Fireflies T9R.

Fedtro
Online
Last seen: 2 min 55 sec ago
Joined: 07/17/2020 - 10:40
Posts: 110
Location: Corropoli, Teramo, ITALIA

Kindly note that XT60 has a DC (direct drive) and the maximum current is 25 Amps.

 

 

amutorch
amutorch's picture
Offline
Last seen: 48 min 15 sec ago
Joined: 05/29/2020 - 03:52
Posts: 84

dave1010 wrote:
Good to see more SBT90.2 lights.

150mm long, 62mm head, 26mm body.

That makes it a bit bigger than the Wurkkos TS30S and a bit smaller than the Fireflies T9R.

Thanks

JaredM
JaredM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 10/31/2011 - 13:33
Posts: 2145
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Unless Amutorch somehow got a supply of Samsung 50S cells, I don’t know why they would ever offer a 5Ah cell with a direct drive 90.2.

Fedtro
Online
Last seen: 2 min 55 sec ago
Joined: 07/17/2020 - 10:40
Posts: 110
Location: Corropoli, Teramo, ITALIA

I don't know either, I am attaching the email I forwarded to Amutorch and their response:

Hi, I wanted to know if XT60 has a DC (constant current) drive + FET or DC (direct drive) and how many Amps it works, thanks.
Federico Troili.
Hi, Mr. Federico Troili,

Thanks for contacting us.

Kindly note that XT60 has a DC (direct drive) and the maximum current is 25 Amps.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,
Mashy
Fedtro
Online
Last seen: 2 min 55 sec ago
Joined: 07/17/2020 - 10:40
Posts: 110
Location: Corropoli, Teramo, ITALIA

JaredM, Do you think it could be a Samsung 50S wrapped?

Tom E
Tom E's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 47 min ago
Joined: 08/19/2012 - 08:23
Posts: 14637
Location: LI NY

If it had a SFT-40 for $40 discounted, it would be a deal. Probably the throw would be about the same, a lot less amps, about 2200-2300 lumens.

Sold!

JaredM
JaredM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 10/31/2011 - 13:33
Posts: 2145
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Fedtro wrote:

JaredM, Do you think it could be a Samsung 50S wrapped?

Doubtful

Pictured is a Pani 21700A.

ArtieT59
ArtieT59's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 2833
Location: CT, USA

JaredM wrote:
Unless Amutorch somehow got a supply of Samsung 50S cells, I don't know why they would ever offer a 5Ah cell with a direct drive 90.2.

wurkkos did it with the ts30s. 

[FLF] Five Light Friday https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78749

Check out some of my new lights (picture heavy) and quick first impressions of them here: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/77180

My Sft40 beamshots / comparison thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78100

ArtieT59
ArtieT59's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 2833
Location: CT, USA

Tom E wrote:

If it had a SFT-40 for $40 discounted, it would be a deal. Probably the throw would be about the same, a lot less amps, about 2200-2300 lumens.

Sold!

yea I'd be in too. Not for this price though unfortunately. Sft40 would be more interesting 

[FLF] Five Light Friday https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78749

Check out some of my new lights (picture heavy) and quick first impressions of them here: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/77180

My Sft40 beamshots / comparison thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78100

ch1ir
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 30 min ago
Joined: 06/08/2019 - 06:30
Posts: 417
Location: Lou, Ky

ArtieT59 wrote:

Tom E wrote:

If it had a SFT-40 for $40 discounted, it would be a deal. Probably the throw would be about the same, a lot less amps, about 2200-2300 lumens.


Sold!



yea I’d be in too. Bit for this price though unfortunately. Sft40 would be more interesting 


Also interested in this configuration

Emisar D⁴, Astrolux C8, BLF A6, Sofirn sp36aV2, Reylight Mini Pineapple, BLF 348 KillZone, Lumintop IYP07, Emisar D18, Boruit D10, Manker e01, Ultrafire z1, Massdrop titanium AAA, Astrolux HL01, Armytek Wizard Pro Nichia, Tacklife LFL3A, Astrolux FT03, Zanflair T1

Tom E
Tom E's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 47 min ago
Joined: 08/19/2012 - 08:23
Posts: 14637
Location: LI NY

I got a pretty big collection of Amutorch's, they have been excellent quality, unique style that some may like, or not like, but I found them mod friendly as well.  Many models use a mildly rough finish titanium. I got a TC500 single 21700 cell, size is roughly the same as this one, Amutorch link here: Amutorch-tc500-2200-lumens-775-meters.

The TC500 has a slightly bigger head diameter at 64 mm (XT60 is 62 mm), but it's shorter at 142 mm (XT60 is 150 mm). I have a sliced stock SST-40 6500K in the TC500 running Anduril 2 and it does pretty well at 275 kcd, 1049 meters. I would assume a SFT-40 should do a little better. The tail switch on the TC500 is tactical so I enabled the feature in Anduril 2 (depress the tail switch and it's on the last used level).

6000 lumens is a stretch for a SBT90.2 for sure. Maybe the 1220 meter distance is possible, not sure. I'm sure they are using a high amp driver in this one.

I tested the stock TC500 and claimed 2200 lumens, measured 1920 (mauuka #'s at 30s), but throw was rated 775 meters but I measured 872 meters (190 kcd).

 

Fedtro
Online
Last seen: 2 min 55 sec ago
Joined: 07/17/2020 - 10:40
Posts: 110
Location: Corropoli, Teramo, ITALIA

Tom E, thanks for your technical explanations, in your opinion what is the real value of this flashlight? Because I understand that $ 96 is too much. Thank you for your answer.

amutorch
amutorch's picture
Offline
Last seen: 48 min 15 sec ago
Joined: 05/29/2020 - 03:52
Posts: 84
Tom E wrote:

If it had a SFT-40 for $40 discounted, it would be a deal. Probably the throw would be about the same, a lot less amps, about 2200-2300 lumens.


Sold!

SFT-40 LED is in shortage currently. If it interested most users, we could offer SFT-40 version when LED is available.

amutorch
amutorch's picture
Offline
Last seen: 48 min 15 sec ago
Joined: 05/29/2020 - 03:52
Posts: 84
JaredM wrote:
Fedtro wrote:

JaredM, Do you think it could be a Samsung 50S wrapped?

Doubtful

Pictured is a Pani 21700A.

The runtime is tested with Samsung 40T/4000mAh. Wrong battery mentioned in the link… It will be revised ASAP. Facepalm

Fedtro
Online
Last seen: 2 min 55 sec ago
Joined: 07/17/2020 - 10:40
Posts: 110
Location: Corropoli, Teramo, ITALIA

amutorch wrote:
Tom E wrote:

If it had a SFT-40 for $40 discounted, it would be a deal. Probably the throw would be about the same, a lot less amps, about 2200-2300 lumens.

Sold!

SFT-40 LED is in shortage currently. If it interested most users, we could offer SFT-40 version when LED is available.

 

I think that SFT40 is more suitable for multiled flashlights, for example I would see it perfect as a replacement for the Osram W2 on Haikelite MT41 that I own and which is the only compact flashlight capable of rivaling in range and brightness with the various monoled flashlights equipped of SBT90.2, the latter LED certainly remains superior to the SFT40 in applications with a single LED because with the same head diameter it offers the same range but more than double the lumens. It is certainly more expensive to build a flashlight with this led but undoubtedly its performance is superior so I am not interested in an XT60 with SFT40 because the Convoy L21B already exists which reading the data sheet has a range of 1258 meters therefore practically the same as your XT60 however, it has less than half the lumens, 2000 against the 4800 of the XT60, then surely L21B has a better runtime because it heats much less and because it needs less current, however this is another matter.

ArtieT59
ArtieT59's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 2833
Location: CT, USA

Fedtro wrote:

[ SFT40 is more suitable for multiled flashlights...

I disagree. I think it is a great replacement as a 3volt version of the xhp35 HI.

 

Fedtro wrote:

it has less than half the lumens, 2000 against the 4800 of the XT60, then surely L21B has a better runtime because it heats much less and because it needs less current, however this is another matter.

this is exactly why I am more intersted in the sft40 in this XT60 (if it were running a 9 or even 10 amp CC driver of course):

 

more throw, less heat, much better battery life. Also, 4800 lumens doesn't mean much when it will drop to 2000 lumens because of heat and battery life drop over a mere couple of minutes (at most), because the sbt90.2 at 2000 lumens will have much less luminance than the sft40 at 2000 lumens. 

[FLF] Five Light Friday https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78749

Check out some of my new lights (picture heavy) and quick first impressions of them here: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/77180

My Sft40 beamshots / comparison thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78100

ArtieT59
ArtieT59's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 2833
Location: CT, USA

amutorch wrote:
Tom E wrote:

If it had a SFT-40 for $40 discounted, it would be a deal. Probably the throw would be about the same, a lot less amps, about 2200-2300 lumens.

Sold!

SFT-40 LED is in shortage currently. If it interested most users, we could offer SFT-40 version when LED is available.

 

please do offer the sft40 version when available. But only if you can source or develop a 8amp, 9amp or 10amp constant current driver. Convoy has a 8amp driver readily available that works very well for this LED. 

[FLF] Five Light Friday https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78749

Check out some of my new lights (picture heavy) and quick first impressions of them here: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/77180

My Sft40 beamshots / comparison thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78100

ArtieT59
ArtieT59's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 2833
Location: CT, USA

dave1010 wrote:
Good to see more SBT90.2 lights. 150mm long, 62mm head, 26mm body. That makes it a bit bigger than the Wurkkos TS30S and a bit smaller than the Fireflies T9R.

so this is essentially Amutorch's FT03s.. the most important factor that will determine if the XT60 is better than the ft03s is how well the XT60 reflector is focused (this is IMO the biggest bottleneck of the ft03s and the only thing that kept it back from being a better option than the K1 sbt90). 

if my experience from my 2 amutorchs tells me anything, is there is a hopeful chance they did the reflector right on the XT60  (my experience and what I've read from others is amutorch's reflectors throw well because they must be focused well).  

if so, I would most likely buy the XT60, unfortunately I will have to wait to see other's feedback and some some tests on throw/candela, and I will miss the sale promotion price.. 

 

EDIT: I just realized there is a 7mm difference in head size, that does not make this and the ft03s direct competitors. I thought the head size was within 2mm, my bad. But if the XT60 does throw as well as claimed with this size head, that would be nice performance

[FLF] Five Light Friday https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78749

Check out some of my new lights (picture heavy) and quick first impressions of them here: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/77180

My Sft40 beamshots / comparison thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78100

Tom E
Tom E's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 47 min ago
Joined: 08/19/2012 - 08:23
Posts: 14637
Location: LI NY

amutorch wrote:
Tom E wrote:

If it had a SFT-40 for $40 discounted, it would be a deal. Probably the throw would be about the same, a lot less amps, about 2200-2300 lumens.

Sold!

SFT-40 LED is in shortage currently. If it interested most users, we could offer SFT-40 version when LED is available.

Thanks for responding on this. Yes, seems in short supply now.

I posted  some SFT-40 test results in djozz's SFT-40 review thread here: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78168?page=1#comment-1785607.

I think the SFT-40 is a great choice for multiple or single LED lights, just hoping for lower temp version, i.e. 5000K or so. I got several SBT90.2 lights (11 or so), some stock and some modded, including the triple HK90, but the cost is getting prohibitive. 

Tangra
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 08/01/2016 - 05:33
Posts: 585
Location: Europe

I have XT45 sbt90.2 and can say that one 21700 is not enought for this LED. 2 × 21700 is much better. Also has xt35 tactcal version. Also great light.

Fedtro
Online
Last seen: 2 min 55 sec ago
Joined: 07/17/2020 - 10:40
Posts: 110
Location: Corropoli, Teramo, ITALIA

Tangra wrote:
I have XT45 sbt90.2 and can say that one 21700 is not enought for this LED. 2 x 21700 is much better. Also has xt35 tactcal version. Also great light.

 

But among the compact flashlights, the best the Noctigon K1 with SBT90.2 has only one 21700 and yet the performance is naturally superb at the expense of duration but you just need to have a spare battery behind it.

yasenf
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 02/10/2017 - 14:33
Posts: 266
Location: Bulgaria
ArtieT59 wrote:

Fedtro wrote:

[ SFT40 is more suitable for multiled flashlights…


I disagree. I think it is a great replacement as a 3volt version of the xhp35 HI.


 


Fedtro wrote:

it has less than half the lumens, 2000 against the 4800 of the XT60, then surely L21B has a better runtime because it heats much less and because it needs less current, however this is another matter.



this is exactly why I am more intersted in the sft40 in this XT60 (if it were running a 9 or even 10 amp CC driver of course):


 


more throw, less heat, much better battery life. Also, 4800 lumens doesn’t mean much when it will drop to 2000 lumens because of heat and battery life drop over a mere couple of minutes (at most), because the sbt90.2 at 2000 lumens will have much less luminance than the sft40 at 2000 lumens. 

There is one more thing to consider in my opinion – this is the size of the hotspot. I find SBT90 amazing even in lower currents, as it makes huge and throwy hotspot with bright spill, which makes it very useful for close to mid distances even in bigger reflectors. If I take the above example it should be hard for it to manage 2000 lumens on a long run, more likely 1000-1500 with 500-700m ANSI fat hotspot and bright spill, which I find quite usable.

Fedtro
Online
Last seen: 2 min 55 sec ago
Joined: 07/17/2020 - 10:40
Posts: 110
Location: Corropoli, Teramo, ITALIA

ArtieT59 wrote:

Fedtro wrote:

[ SFT40 is more suitable for multiled flashlights...

I disagree. I think it is a great replacement as a 3volt version of the xhp35 HI.

 

Fedtro wrote:

it has less than half the lumens, 2000 against the 4800 of the XT60, then surely L21B has a better runtime because it heats much less and because it needs less current, however this is another matter.

this is exactly why I am more intersted in the sft40 in this XT60 (if it were running a 9 or even 10 amp CC driver of course):

 

more throw, less heat, much better battery life. Also, 4800 lumens doesn't mean much when it will drop to 2000 lumens because of heat and battery life drop over a mere couple of minutes (at most), because the sbt90.2 at 2000 lumens will have much less luminance than the sft40 at 2000 lumens. 

 

https://budgetlightforum.com/node/71340

Hi, help me understand ... in the link there is the djozz test of the SBT90.2, you can see that at 6A of current it produces about 2500 lumens, to produce an identical result SFT40 has to work at 10A, at its maximum capacity while SBT90.2 works at 33% of its capacity, so with a lower consumption and heat production I suppose. Then I wanted to ask you another thing explain to me why 2000 lumens are different in two different torches, if something produces 2000 lumens regardless of how it got to that performance, 2000 lumens are always 2000 lumens as 10 kg are always 10 kg. Please help me to understand better why I do not contest your statements, only as a neophyte hungry for knowledge I would like an exhaustive explanation. Thank you.

Tom E
Tom E's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 47 min ago
Joined: 08/19/2012 - 08:23
Posts: 14637
Location: LI NY

Fedtro - kcd (throw) scales the same as lumens as far as amps is concerned, so at 6 amps - yes looks like 2400 theoretical lumens is possible, but compared to 18 amps at 5000 theoretical lumens, the kcd (throw) is also at 48%, so now you are comparing throw from an SFT-40 at it's peak, to a SBT90.2 operating at 48% so the SFT-40 will easily out throw the SBT90.2 if you ran them at the same amps, for the SBT90.2 up til 10 amps or so, but you are correct regarding lumens - 2400 theoretical lumens is outstanding for only 6 amps at 2.86V, compared to any other single LED.

In a real flashlight because of the optics, you probably lose 5 - 15% or so, that's why I'm saying theoretical.

cyclops
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 01/17/2013 - 16:33
Posts: 244
Location: USA
ArtieT59 wrote:

JaredM wrote:
Unless Amutorch somehow got a supply of Samsung 50S cells, I don’t know why they would ever offer a 5Ah cell with a direct drive 90.2.

wurkkos did it with the ts30s. 

I thought even they have crippled it with the battery which does not gets it’s full potential?

This light seems to be having identical specs aa the wurkkos.

JaredM
JaredM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 10/31/2011 - 13:33
Posts: 2145
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Fedtro. The missing factor is emitter area. 2000lm from 4mm² is more than twice as intense (throwy) as 2000lm from 9mm². A very good estimate for throw performance is lumens per square mm. Flat (domeless) emitters are near perfect lambertian radiators so it’s fairly apples to apples. Domed emitters are trickier to calculate, but in my experience, measuring apparent frontal area while viewed normal to the die is a pretty good estimate. I have a lookup table of most emitters and lights to predict kcd from each setup and it’s almost always within 10%

zoulas
zoulas's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 06/01/2020 - 08:35
Posts: 1855

I agree $96 is a bit steep.

ArtieT59
ArtieT59's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 2833
Location: CT, USA

Fedtro wrote:

ArtieT59 wrote:

Fedtro wrote:

[ SFT40 is more suitable for multiled flashlights...

I disagree. I think it is a great replacement as a 3volt version of the xhp35 HI.

 

Fedtro wrote:

it has less than half the lumens, 2000 against the 4800 of the XT60, then surely L21B has a better runtime because it heats much less and because it needs less current, however this is another matter.

 

this is exactly why I am more intersted in the sft40 in this XT60 (if it were running a 9 or even 10 amp CC driver of course):

 

more throw, less heat, much better battery life. Also, 4800 lumens doesn't mean much when it will drop to 2000 lumens because of heat and battery life drop over a mere couple of minutes (at most), because the sbt90.2 at 2000 lumens will have much less luminance than the sft40 at 2000 lumens. 

 

https://budgetlightforum.com/node/71340

Hi, help me understand ... in the link there is the djozz test of the SBT90.2, you can see that at 6A of current it produces about 2500 lumens, to produce an identical result SFT40 has to work at 10A, at its maximum capacity while SBT90.2 works at 33% of its capacity, so with a lower consumption and heat production I suppose. Then I wanted to ask you another thing explain to me why 2000 lumens are different in two different torches, if something produces 2000 lumens regardless of how it got to that performance, 2000 lumens are always 2000 lumens as 10 kg are always 10 kg. Please help me to understand better why I do not contest your statements, only as a neophyte hungry for knowledge I would like an exhaustive explanation. Thank you.

 

Hi, my apologies i havent looked at this thread since my last post - Although TomE and JaredM covered it better than i could have, i just wanted to add/respond -by saying "luminance" i was referring to the light's intensity, specifically at a given lumen output. But to be more clear, instead of stating that the sft40 will be more intense at a given lumen output (in this case 2000 lumens), i should've said it would be more intense at a given amperage which i suppose is a more accurate or context specific way to say what i was trying to convey. I was not trying to compare the sft40's lumen output to the sbt90.2, i was trying to compare their throw (candela) capabilities. anything else i would say on the matter has already been said. 

[FLF] Five Light Friday https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78749

Check out some of my new lights (picture heavy) and quick first impressions of them here: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/77180

My Sft40 beamshots / comparison thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/node/78100