Poll: Would you like Auto-Lock to work in Andúril 2 Simple UI?

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lux-Perpetua
Lux-Perpetua's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 47 min ago
Joined: 03/01/2018 - 04:39
Posts: 3184
Poll: Would you like Auto-Lock to work in Andúril 2 Simple UI?
Yes, I like to set up Auto-Lock in the Advanced UI and have these settings active in Simple UI, too.
28% (16 votes)
No, I think Auto-Lock would only confuse users and Simple UI should be kept as simple as possible.
72% (42 votes)
Total votes: 58
Edited by: Lux-Perpetua on 08/18/2021 - 10:31
Skylight
Skylight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 22 min ago
Joined: 10/01/2018 - 04:49
Posts: 1065
Location: Europe

I guess Anduril flashlights are already smart enough. With auto lock I would expect to get many ‘the flashlight is broken’ claims.

It would be better if you could activate this feature in Advanced UI but by default it is not active.

Lux-Perpetua
Lux-Perpetua's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 47 min ago
Joined: 03/01/2018 - 04:39
Posts: 3184

As far as I have learned, Auto-Lock will always be deactivated by factory-default. Moreover, Auto-Lock can only be configured in Advanced UI but those settings would then be propagated/adopted into Simple UI.

Unheard
Unheard's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 01/16/2019 - 11:38
Posts: 2204
Location: Germany

I guess the target audience for Simple UI expect a simple UI. Autolocking will come as a bad surprise.

Smile, you cannot kill them all.

TIFisher
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 11/26/2020 - 11:43
Posts: 236
Location: USA

I voted NO. TBH, I don’t see the point of it in the first place. Not a function I would have use for…that and mode memory timers. This is the reason I feel Anduril 1 is superior. Less clutter and ancillary BS. YMMV.

Fescron
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 10/17/2020 - 10:16
Posts: 196
Location: Belgium
Unheard wrote:
I guess the target audience for Simple UI expect a simple UI. Autolocking will come as a bad surprise.

Well, I rarely use all of the blinking modes and such of Anduril 1 but I use the battery-check quite often. Because of this I really like the idea of Anduril 2 with the simple mode, and with the 2C direct turbo access Sofirn thing. Looking at the diagram I figured the only thing I’d miss is auto-lockout, hence why I asked if this was/could be enabled, but it turns out I’m in the minority with this idea Innocent

Unheard
Unheard's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 01/16/2019 - 11:38
Posts: 2204
Location: Germany

Fescron wrote:

Well, I rarely use all of the blinking modes and such of Anduril 1 but I use the battery-check quite often. Because of this I really like the idea of Anduril 2 with the simple mode, and with the 2C direct turbo access Sofirn thing. Looking at the diagram I figured the only thing I’d miss is auto-lockout, hence why I asked if this was/could be enabled, but it turns out I’m in the minority with this idea Innocent

If I’m not mistaken, you can configure it in the Advanced UI.

I personally wouldn’t mind doing the reverse, but I was just speculating what a ‘normal’ user would think when his light locks itself. Probably his thoughts then involve some words I cannot write down here Big Smile

Smile, you cannot kill them all.

Rayoui
Rayoui's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 08/06/2019 - 00:38
Posts: 503
Location: Portland, OR

Unheard wrote:
If I’m not mistaken, you can configure it in the Advanced UI.

I personally wouldn’t mind doing the reverse, but I was just speculating what a ‘normal’ user would think when his light locks itself. Probably his thoughts then involve some words I cannot write down here Big Smile

I think the title of the poll is worded poorly and folks are misunderstanding what the intention is.

Currently, enabling auto lock in advanced UI will not affect simple UI..

The poll is for enabling auto lock settings to carry over to simple UI. You would still need to enable it from within advanced UI first. There is no way a “normal user” could inadvertently activate it from within simple UI.

mattlward
mattlward's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 06/19/2015 - 09:20
Posts: 3117
Location: Illinois, USA

I voted yes, I have carried an FW3A or FW1A since they first hit the market. I installed an auto-lock FW on all of mine very early on. Remember, it is off by default and you do not have to enable it! I chose to since I use my light 6 to 10 times per day and I have ended up with a smoking front pocket a couple of times. Four clicks becomes muscle memory very quickly. I you do not want it… do not turn it on.

EDC rotation:
FW1A, LH351D 4000k (second favorite)
FW3A, LH351D 3500k
FW3A, SST20 FD2 4000k
FW3A, Nichia 4000k sw40 r9080 (favorite light!)
FW3A, Cree XP-L Hi 5A3
Emisar D4V2, SST20 4000k
S2+, XM-L2 T6 4C