FEBRUARY 2012: NEW Panasonic NCR 18650A 3100mAh batteries $13.96 Protected (black)

60 posts / 0 new
Last post
SpaceCowboy
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 21 hours ago
Joined: 12/30/2011 - 16:41
Posts: 244
Location: Florida

What do you mean by green?

Mr.BrightLights
Offline
Last seen: 8 years 3 months ago
Joined: 12/31/2011 - 02:55
Posts: 387
Location: NC ,USA
I meant doing gear, I've shopped a few times with this guy , very nice and we discussed both his and these he said same battery Smile http://www.ebay.com:80/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270913224950&s...
trooplewis
trooplewis's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 03/26/2011 - 15:35
Posts: 2613
Location: San Diego

that's outta my price range for a ^&%$ 18650 battery.

Rats, finally sold my 2010 509hp Mustang...now I can buy more lights!

Sold the red one too! Now guess what I drive, doing my penance for 500 hp commuters...

http://dreammustang.com/

http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac47/Ha

Mr.BrightLights
Offline
Last seen: 8 years 3 months ago
Joined: 12/31/2011 - 02:55
Posts: 387
Location: NC ,USA
12.50 each is steep but I believe in panasonics safety wise ,sort of like a Sony product ,usually can't beat japan made Smile
SpaceCowboy
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 21 hours ago
Joined: 12/30/2011 - 16:41
Posts: 244
Location: Florida

Why would you order Panasonic cells from China for $12.5 , when on the same Ebay can get them for $10.88 a piece from US seller shipped free ??

Mr.BrightLights
Offline
Last seen: 8 years 3 months ago
Joined: 12/31/2011 - 02:55
Posts: 387
Location: NC ,USA
The ones I assume u speak of are unprotected , Smile plus I'm sort of loyal , this ebayer is great and always fast compared to most Chinese , just my experience
Aaron
Offline
Last seen: 8 years 4 months ago
Joined: 03/02/2012 - 04:54
Posts: 4
Location: Hongkong

where is the cheapest price here?

Aaron

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3888
Location: Honeyland

Mr.BrightLights wrote:
I meant doing gear, I've shopped a few times with this guy , very nice and we discussed both his and these he said same battery Smile http://www.ebay.com:80/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270913224950&s...

You mean same battery overall or you mean same Panasonic inside? I can see it's the Panny NCR18650A.

Stephen Wallace
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 11 months ago
Joined: 06/25/2011 - 11:03
Posts: 221
Location: London, UK

Yep, same cell doesn't necessarily mean same performance, if any of the other components are different. If nothing else, it would be good to know the specification of the protection circuit - it was after all the PCB that let down the first batch of intl-outdoor cells. Does the PCB allow a 2C (or more) discharge rate, or is it limited to only 1C?

Shadowww
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 01/20/2012 - 19:09
Posts: 1340
Location: Northern Europe

Stephen Wallace wrote:

Yep, same cell doesn't necessarily mean same performance, if any of the other components are different. If nothing else, it would be good to know the specification of the protection circuit - it was after all the PCB that let down the first batch of intl-outdoor cells. Does the PCB allow a 2C (or more) discharge rate, or is it limited to only 1C?

Seems to be same as RediLast cells.

ri chevy
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 11/26/2011 - 20:50
Posts: 782
Location: Ocean State

Wow.  This thread went west here.  Smile 

It would have been better to start a new thread regarding the green battery from goinggear. 

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3888
Location: Honeyland

Shadowww wrote:

Stephen Wallace wrote:

Yep, same cell doesn't necessarily mean same performance, if any of the other components are different. If nothing else, it would be good to know the specification of the protection circuit - it was after all the PCB that let down the first batch of intl-outdoor cells. Does the PCB allow a 2C (or more) discharge rate, or is it limited to only 1C?

Seems to be same as RediLast cells.

Same trip, means same number and probably same model of mos. The only difference is that one of  Redilast cell displays a very good curve compared to the other NCR18650A cells, at least that is the case with one cell, the the other doesn't match it.  But that is normal. How knows, Jason picks them better.

Redilast 5A  2728mAH
IOS 5A 2723mAh

Theses highest two results on 5A discharge from all the protected tested by HKJ.

 

ChangchungLeds
ChangchungLeds's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 09/20/2011 - 20:18
Posts: 308
Location: Venezuela

I just buy 4 protected for 48,99$ shipped... I cant wait to receive it...

Zebralight Spark Princeton Inova Petzl Maglite Bushnell a lot of Cree XM-L Lights 18650's Intl-outdoor 3400 Panasonic 3100 Hobby Charger

Stephen Wallace
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 11 months ago
Joined: 06/25/2011 - 11:03
Posts: 221
Location: London, UK

Shadowww wrote:

Stephen Wallace wrote:

Yep, same cell doesn't necessarily mean same performance, if any of the other components are different. If nothing else, it would be good to know the specification of the protection circuit - it was after all the PCB that let down the first batch of intl-outdoor cells. Does the PCB allow a 2C (or more) discharge rate, or is it limited to only 1C?

Seems to be same as RediLast cells.

I was actually referring to the protection on the cells that Mr.BrightLights mentioned, rather to the protection on the new intl-outdoor cells.

ri chevy
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 11/26/2011 - 20:50
Posts: 782
Location: Ocean State

To try and get this back on topic:  There has been no reply to this from the original poster. 

 

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/7879#comment-136064

ChibiM
ChibiM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 05/09/2011 - 10:25
Posts: 6597
Location: Holland

Hi! There is no reason for me to answer that question, because for the simple reason that I don't know what to answer, because

I have no part in IOS, if you're a gentleman just ask them!

Im not here to solve your problems with them.

Just here to share that the new batts are available, and that current owners can get discount! That's all! Can't help you to get more discount!

ri chevy
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 11/26/2011 - 20:50
Posts: 782
Location: Ocean State

I did contact him and the $2.96 credit is really not a good decision as far as I am concerned.  The batteries should have been replaced with the proper " as advertised" batteries.  No questions asked.  As it stands right now, I am really not happy with the current "solution" to the problem.  I don't expect anyone to deal with the "bad battery" except me.  You took it upon yourself to post this thread and post the solution to the original issue, so it appeared that you were promoting int-outdoors.  No problem.  No harm, no foul. 

yavi
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 09/01/2011 - 12:24
Posts: 720
Location: Spain

Any news if the first buyers will get a better price?

I need four of them, but for this price I would rather buy them somewhere else with a better price without discount, but to be fair they have not been tested yet.

ChangchungLeds
ChangchungLeds's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 09/20/2011 - 20:18
Posts: 308
Location: Venezuela

Thanks to the chinesse postal service I have not received mines yet... Cost me 48,99$ x4 protected shipped... From the moon I think...

Zebralight Spark Princeton Inova Petzl Maglite Bushnell a lot of Cree XM-L Lights 18650's Intl-outdoor 3400 Panasonic 3100 Hobby Charger

ri chevy
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 11/26/2011 - 20:50
Posts: 782
Location: Ocean State

They have been tested. HKJ tested them and they perform much better than the blue ones. 

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/7856#node-7856

Ecig
Offline
Last seen: 8 years 4 months ago
Joined: 04/28/2012 - 22:37
Posts: 807
Location: Switzerland

Are these for real? http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Panasonic-Li-lion-18650-NCR18650-Rechargeabl...

 

Or fakes?

I mean, Panasonic NCR from buyincioins? (thhey sell fake Trustfire flames, like those fakes dx sold) 

Heres the link from buyincoins http://www4.buyincoins.com/search--panasonic+ncr----1.html 

Shadowww
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 01/20/2012 - 19:09
Posts: 1340
Location: Northern Europe

BIC's NCR's are genuine (at least unprotected ones). I got a 4-pack myself and they perform exactly same as 100% genuine cells from IOS.

Ecig
Offline
Last seen: 8 years 4 months ago
Joined: 04/28/2012 - 22:37
Posts: 807
Location: Switzerland

You tested them?

So, that buyincoins price is cheapest price ever for this good cells.

But its a risk, because you never known did they change the batch.  

 

Shadowww
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 01/20/2012 - 19:09
Posts: 1340
Location: Northern Europe

Ecig wrote:

You tested them?

Yep, I tested their capacity on a hobby charger. At 1A discharge they were 2950+ mAh down to 2.5V.
JohnnyBravo
JohnnyBravo's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 01/14/2012 - 12:34
Posts: 154
Location: Boise, Idaho, USA, Planet Earth

I thought Panasonic 18650s were only made in Japan.  The photos from Intl Outdoor appear to have Manufactured in China on them.  If I were to invest in Panasonics, I'd only buy the made in Japan ones.  Does anyone know with certainty if Panasonic has authorized/approved their cells to be made outside of Japan?

"Better to have it and not need it; than to need it and not have it." and, "I have more than I need, but not as many as I want."

Shadowww
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 01/20/2012 - 19:09
Posts: 1340
Location: Northern Europe

JohnnyBravo wrote:

I thought Panasonic 18650s were only made in Japan.  The photos from Intl Outdoor appear to have Manufactured in China on them.  If I were to invest in Panasonics, I'd only buy the made in Japan ones.  Does anyone know with certainty if Panasonic has authorized/approved their cells to be made outside of Japan?

The cell inside, made by Panasonic, is ALWAYS made in Japan. But the battery is assembled in China (it says "Cell & IC made in Japan; Assembled in China" on intl-outdoors batteries).
Ecig
Offline
Last seen: 8 years 4 months ago
Joined: 04/28/2012 - 22:37
Posts: 807
Location: Switzerland

Are they really 68mm long? How long are they. 

 

Because on BIC, all are marked as 68mm, weather protected or unprotected.  

JohnnyBravo
JohnnyBravo's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 01/14/2012 - 12:34
Posts: 154
Location: Boise, Idaho, USA, Planet Earth

Shadowww wrote:

JohnnyBravo wrote:

I thought Panasonic 18650s were only made in Japan.  The photos from Intl Outdoor appear to have Manufactured in China on them.  If I were to invest in Panasonics, I'd only buy the made in Japan ones.  Does anyone know with certainty if Panasonic has authorized/approved their cells to be made outside of Japan?

The cell inside, made by Panasonic, is ALWAYS made in Japan. But the battery is assembled in China (it says "Cell & IC made in Japan; Assembled in China" on intl-outdoors batteries).

 

Thanks Shadowww, I've been "enlightened." LOL

"Better to have it and not need it; than to need it and not have it." and, "I have more than I need, but not as many as I want."

Shadowww
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 01/20/2012 - 19:09
Posts: 1340
Location: Northern Europe

Ecig wrote:

Are they really 68mm long? How long are they. 

 

Because on BIC, all are marked as 68mm, weather protected or unprotected.  

65mm (unprotected ones).

Pages