Sofirn SC21 Comprehensive Review

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
pol77
Offline
Last seen: 51 min 31 sec ago
Joined: 02/21/2019 - 07:54
Posts: 395
Location: London
Sofirn SC21 Comprehensive Review

Hello fellow BLFers. I have published a comprehensive review of the Sofirn SC21, including a comparison with the Olight Baton 3 and the Olight S1R Baton II. Please let me know what you think.

The review can be found here: https://www.thelab.gr/reviews/reviews-in-english/sofirn-sc21-r807/

samyy
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 02/19/2018 - 14:06
Posts: 142
Location: PlanetEarth

Great review! Thumbs Up Thanks.

jon_slider
jon_slider's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 09/08/2015 - 12:20
Posts: 4942
Location: Central North America

outstanding review details, thanks!

250 lumens sustainable without overheating is very realistic, similar to an HDS Thumbs Up

Sillen
Sillen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 08/01/2018 - 06:39
Posts: 657
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Great review, thank you. I found the magnet to be quite weak, barely holding the torch on the fridge, otherwise excellent (apart from LVP)

Sofirn
Sofirn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 38 min 25 sec ago
Joined: 04/06/2017 - 04:22
Posts: 1425
Location: Shenzhen, China

Thank you for your review!

Sofirn
Sofirn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 38 min 25 sec ago
Joined: 04/06/2017 - 04:22
Posts: 1425
Location: Shenzhen, China

Hi, you mean the magnetic tail cap of SC21?

Sillen wrote:
Great review, thank you. I found the magnet to be quite weak, barely holding the torch on the fridge, otherwise excellent (apart from LVP)
Sofirn
Sofirn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 38 min 25 sec ago
Joined: 04/06/2017 - 04:22
Posts: 1425
Location: Shenzhen, China

https://abload.de/img/0xkk9.jpg The magnet works well on the table leg.

Sillen wrote:
Great review, thank you. I found the magnet to be quite weak, barely holding the torch on the fridge, otherwise excellent (apart from LVP)
Sillen
Sillen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 08/01/2018 - 06:39
Posts: 657
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Sofirn wrote:
https://abload.de/img/0xkk9.jpg The magnet works well on the table leg.
Sillen wrote:
Great review, thank you. I found the magnet to be quite weak, barely holding the torch on the fridge, otherwise excellent (apart from LVP)

The magnet works but it’s not as strong as others of similar size.

uTorch S1 mini 16340 strongest
Eagle Eye X1R 18350 middle
OnTheRoad M3 Pro 16340 middle
Sofirn SC21 16340 weakest

It holds its own weight but there’s not a lot of safety margin – it doesn’t take much to move it.

funkychateau
funkychateau's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 8 hours ago
Joined: 07/01/2018 - 02:05
Posts: 107
Location: Dallas, Texas

Interesting light. I came looking for a review because it is currently discounted at the Sofin Amazon store. One thing I didn’t see in the review, but that many modern lights seem to include, is a momentary mode. I find it very handy with my Emisar and Anduril lights to be able to set up a momentary “turbo” mode. Can this one do that?

Sillen
Sillen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 08/01/2018 - 06:39
Posts: 657
Location: Melbourne, Australia
funkychateau wrote:
Interesting light. I came looking for a review because it is currently discounted at the Sofin Amazon store. One thing I didn’t see in the review, but that many modern lights seem to include, is a momentary mode. I find it very handy with my Emisar and Anduril lights to be able to set up a momentary “turbo” mode. Can this one do that?

No momentary mode. From off, you can double click to turbo then single click off. That’s as close as it gets.