Evening Jog With the PD35 (Plus Running Tips!)

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rusty Joe
Rusty Joe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 07/24/2011 - 00:22
Posts: 3906
Location: Houston, TX
Evening Jog With the PD35 (Plus Running Tips!)
Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 17764
Location: nyc

I once jogged 10mi/day for 3wks.

Everything was great, ‘til I realised I was over 200mi away from home.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Rusty Joe
Rusty Joe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 07/24/2011 - 00:22
Posts: 3906
Location: Houston, TX

Lightbringer wrote:
I once jogged 10mi/day for 3wks.

Everything was great, ‘til I realised I was over 200mi away from home.

A little bit of Dean Karnases in you!

zoulas
zoulas's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 06/01/2020 - 08:35
Posts: 2575

Jogging is very hard on your ankles and knees.

TIFisher
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 8 min ago
Joined: 11/26/2020 - 11:43
Posts: 543
Location: USA

Lightbringer wrote:
I once jogged 10mi/day for 3wks.

Everything was great, ‘til I realised I was over 200mi away from home.

Rusty Joe
Rusty Joe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 07/24/2011 - 00:22
Posts: 3906
Location: Houston, TX
zoulas wrote:
Jogging is very hard on your ankles and knees.

Actually, it is good for them. The bone density and tissue benefits are outstanding. You just have to build up properly.

Unheard
Unheard's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 01/16/2019 - 11:38
Posts: 2693
Location: Germany
Rusty Joe wrote:
zoulas wrote:
Jogging is very hard on your ankles and knees.

Actually, it is good for them. The bone density and tissue benefits are outstanding. You just have to build up properly.


True. But the myth about running being unhealthy will continue to be told.

Back from a mere 12 km run :-).

Spitzbube.

xevious
xevious's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 7 hours ago
Joined: 02/27/2013 - 21:55
Posts: 3394
Location: Hoboken, NJ USA

Unheard wrote:
Rusty Joe wrote:
zoulas wrote:
Jogging is very hard on your ankles and knees.

Actually, it is good for them. The bone density and tissue benefits are outstanding. You just have to build up properly.

True. But the myth about running being unhealthy will continue to be told.

Back from a mere 12 km run :-).


It all depends upon the person. Some people who have certain physical conditions try to force themselves to run when they shouldn’t and get injured. I’ll never forget this guy I used to work with, who ended up having to take sick time on 3 separate occasions for shin splints. All from running.

And yet, the Tarahumara people have running as part of their culture. They run on leather sandals and go for dozens of miles with ease, no bone/tendon trouble.

Btw, Rusty Joe, when you link a video, try putting in 800 × 500 or 700 × 400 as size parameters. That way you avoid that confined square display.

Nice details about the Fenix PD35. It is pretty amazing what can be done with an SFT40 in such a small host. Very usable spill on this light.