[review] Wurkkos TS21 21700 light, 4000K!

89 posts / 0 new
Last post
zoulas
zoulas's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 06/01/2020 - 08:35
Posts: 2051
CollectEverything wrote:
Lightbringer wrote:
And don’t forget, in general, if you’re doing thermal recalibration, have a thermometer set right next to the light, and leave both overnight to equilibrate. Then hit it fast so you don’t warm up the insides by either holding the light too long, or having the light on for too long. That itself could bump it up a few degrees in a very short time.
What do you use for a thermometer? I’ve been putting off configuring a bunch of lights because I don’t own one. Facepalm

Any thermometer will do. Don’t assume the thermometer in the light is more accurate than what you have.

TexasToasted
TexasToasted's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 10/25/2012 - 08:48
Posts: 1361
Location: Texas Gulf Coast

timbo114 wrote:
click this pic

That picture sends me to the Facebook block page. If these were real, I would purchase the camo green, (mid right) camo blue (bottom center), and the light purple (top right).

timbo114
timbo114's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 9 hours ago
Joined: 08/21/2014 - 14:24
Posts: 477
Location: On a lake in SW PA

If you click the image in my OP – you’ll go to the page.

Wurkkos posted this pic on their FB page, to let folks vote for their favorite color.
Hope is that some camo WILL be produced ..

TexasToasted
TexasToasted's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 10/25/2012 - 08:48
Posts: 1361
Location: Texas Gulf Coast

timbo114 wrote:
If you click the image in my OP – you’ll go to the page.

Wurkkos posted this pic on their FB page, to let folks vote for their favorite color.
Hope is that some camo WILL be produced ..

Clicking your pic still gets me the Facebook block page, but I went to Wurkkos page and found the post. The blue camo isn’t getting much love Sad

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 15882
Location: nyc

What was that light with the “blood-spatter camo”? Ie, black but red splotches.

For some reason, I thought that was really kewl.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

KnotSoMuch
KnotSoMuch's picture
Online
Last seen: 10 min 7 sec ago
Joined: 11/09/2012 - 00:37
Posts: 77
Location: USA

Lightbringer wrote:
What was that light with the "blood-spatter camo"? Ie, black but red splotches. For some reason, I thought that was *really* kewl.

Are you thinking of the Sunwayman V11R Mirage-Camo?

BTW, thanks for your clear and concise review! Making use of 'equilibrate' in a follow-up post was a nice touch! 

If any BLF member would like design suggestions or help with tying a customized paracord lanyard or fob for use with lights & knives, please feel free to message me here.

For paracord project ideas, I highly recommend visiting: https://stormdrane.blogspot.com/

beam0
beam0's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 12/20/2011 - 23:18
Posts: 3342
Location: Pennsylvania

Nice review, lots of good information thanks for posting!
I just sold my (1st version) TO46R that I wasn’t using and I’ve been looking at a Sofirn IF25A, then I see this and can’t decide now! They’re somewhat similar but do have many differences, so it looks like I need to get both!

I’ll get the Sofirn first, for the TS21 I’m gonna wait for the awesome new Sand color.

 

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 15882
Location: nyc
KnotSoMuch wrote:
Are you thinking of the Sunwayman V11R Mirage-Camo?

Naw, it was a cheap light, all black. but had red flecks all over it that looked like blood spatter.

I’ll try to find it when I get the chance.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

BOO5TED
BOO5TED's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 6 hours ago
Joined: 04/16/2019 - 20:53
Posts: 754
Location: ATL

I bought one of these recently because I needed a new truck light. Discount code and Amazon credit I got it for less than $30, awesome value for the money.

That dark grey and red look amazing. Love

"America has three cities, New York, San Francisco and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland."- Tennessee Williams

 

 

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 15882
Location: nyc

Here we go… the Xanax 3320.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 15882
Location: nyc

beam0 wrote:
Nice review, lots of good information thanks for posting!

I just sold my (1st version) TO46R that I wasn’t using and I’ve been looking at a Sofirn IF25A, then I see this and can’t decide now! They’re somewhat similar but do have many differences, so it looks like I need to get both!

I’ll get the Sofirn first, for the TS21 I’m gonna wait for the awesome new Sand color.

No worries.

Got both, and both are pretty impressive!

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Wurkkos
Wurkkos's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 20 min ago
Joined: 05/28/2019 - 05:14
Posts: 477

zoulas wrote:
timbo114 wrote:
click this pic

If they do that, it will be a flashlight jackpot for them.

Facepalm will pick 1-3 colors from this picture and try next batch
zoulas
zoulas's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 06/01/2020 - 08:35
Posts: 2051

Lightbringer wrote:
Here we go… the Xanax 3320.

I bought the Xanes version on BG for something like $11 with battery. I like it but a bit heavy.

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 15882
Location: nyc

I knew/know almost nothing about the light, but still do like the blood-spatter camo. LOL

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

timbo114
timbo114's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 9 hours ago
Joined: 08/21/2014 - 14:24
Posts: 477
Location: On a lake in SW PA

Blood-splatter cerakote exists

zoulas
zoulas's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 06/01/2020 - 08:35
Posts: 2051

For $11 it’s worth it. Like I said, it’s big and heavy but in the glove compartment it does not matter.

JagerLion
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 11/08/2020 - 21:56
Posts: 87
Location: USA
timbo114 wrote:
Got mine for $29.42 to my door @ Amazon, after coupon code.
BOO5TED wrote:
I bought one of these recently because I needed anew truck light. Discount code and Amazon I got it for less than $30, awesome value for the money.

What code is that? The current 20% Amazon US code brings it to $36.79 + tax = $40.23 for me…

I shoot magic into the darkness!

KnotSoMuch
KnotSoMuch's picture
Online
Last seen: 10 min 7 sec ago
Joined: 11/09/2012 - 00:37
Posts: 77
Location: USA

JagerLion wrote:
timbo114 wrote:
Got mine for $29.42 to my door @ Amazon, after coupon code.
BOO5TED wrote:
I bought one of these recently because I needed anew truck light. Discount code and Amazon I got it for less than $30, awesome value for the money.
What code is that? The current 20% Amazon US code brings it to $36.79 + tax = $40.23 for me...

 

@timbo114 & @BOOSTED or @Wurkkos, I'm curious about this as well! 

@Wurkkos, when will the two new colors (Champagne & Metal Gray) be available on Amazon.us? TIA to all!

 

UPDATE/EDIT: Although I would still like to know how to get the TS21 from Amazon for under $30.00, I just noticed the following information was posted earlier today for those interested in the 2 new colors.

Flash deal of TS21 new color on wurkkos.com $29.99 on 1st.Oct

https://wurkkos.com/_p0046.html?VariantsId=10083(link is external)

If any BLF member would like design suggestions or help with tying a customized paracord lanyard or fob for use with lights & knives, please feel free to message me here.

For paracord project ideas, I highly recommend visiting: https://stormdrane.blogspot.com/

pennzy
pennzy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 19:45
Posts: 4023
Location: United States , Pa.

Anyone have a output graph? I wonder how many lumens it can hold starting at top of ramp.

TexasToasted
TexasToasted's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 10/25/2012 - 08:48
Posts: 1361
Location: Texas Gulf Coast

The TS21 is a small, light weight, light. It gets hot quick and the output will decrease based on the max temperature setpoint in Anduril. That temperature setting is what will determine the output level. With factory settings, my light dimmed pretty quick. I set the temp to 60 and it gets too hot to hold before I notice any dimming.

pennzy
pennzy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 19:45
Posts: 4023
Location: United States , Pa.

So maybe 800 lumens?

Wurkkos
Wurkkos's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 20 min ago
Joined: 05/28/2019 - 05:14
Posts: 477
pennzy wrote:
Anyone have a output graph? I wonder how many lumens it can hold starting at top of ramp.

This review as a reference :https://budgetlightforum.com/node/79227

whokilledJR
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 day ago
Joined: 06/03/2012 - 13:05
Posts: 737
Location: Vietnam

lumaniac did this and it showed the top ramp holds around 80% for a substantial amount of time (24 minutes) when set to a max temp of 60%. 1lumen measured turn on at 1655 lumens at top ramp, so still holding around 1324 lumens after 24 minutes. Note this is highly cell dependent, in fet mode and with cooling.

This is the reason now why I’m going to buy it, for trail riding with air flow it appears to hold substantial light output.

zoulas
zoulas's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 06/01/2020 - 08:35
Posts: 2051

If Wurkkos keeps this up, they will be outselling Convoy.

BOO5TED
BOO5TED's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 6 hours ago
Joined: 04/16/2019 - 20:53
Posts: 754
Location: ATL

KnotSoMuch wrote:

JagerLion wrote:
timbo114 wrote:
Got mine for $29.42 to my door @ Amazon, after coupon code.
BOO5TED wrote:
I bought one of these recently because I needed anew truck light. Discount code and Amazon I got it for less than $30, awesome value for the money.
What code is that? The current 20% Amazon US code brings it to $36.79 + tax = $40.23 for me...

 

@timbo114 & @BOOSTED or @Wurkkos, I'm curious about this as well! 

@Wurkkos, when will the two new colors (Champagne & Metal Gray) be available on Amazon.us? TIA to all!

 

UPDATE/EDIT: Although I would still like to know how to get the TS21 from Amazon for under $30.00, I just noticed the following information was posted earlier today for those interested in the 2 new colors.

Flash deal of TS21 new color on wurkkos.com $29.99 on 1st.Oct

https://wurkkos.com/_p0046.html?VariantsId=10083(link is external)

 

 

 

The code I had took $10 or so off the light and I had an Amazon credit of $15 I believe. Total shipped I paid like $25.

"America has three cities, New York, San Francisco and New Orleans. Everywhere else is Cleveland."- Tennessee Williams

 

 

icpart
Online
Last seen: 5 min 30 sec ago
Joined: 04/15/2019 - 01:13
Posts: 369
Location: Bulgaria

Hi. I have question about T21S. Is that 4000K SST20 is high cri variant or ordinary low cri?

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 15882
Location: nyc

I don’t recall seeing that listed either way, but since the IF25A probably uses the same LED and it’s 95cri, I’d guess this one’s the same.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

JohnnyMac
JohnnyMac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 2 days ago
Joined: 04/12/2011 - 16:03
Posts: 8864
Location: Eastern PA

icpart wrote:
Hi. I have question about T21S. Is that 4000K SST20 is high cri variant or ordinary low cri?
High CRI. Supposed to be, anyway…
JohnnyMac
JohnnyMac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 2 days ago
Joined: 04/12/2011 - 16:03
Posts: 8864
Location: Eastern PA

I ordered the champagne on Oct1 for $33 shipped including the battery. Only problem is they are all on vacation for a week starting EOB that Friday for National Day and now all orders are sitting unshipped for a week. Hopefully they get caught up on orders quickly. My last light I ordered took just 10 days to get. This one will be twice that at best. Hope I’m wrong. Silly

Renato Azevedo
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 06/16/2021 - 09:47
Posts: 85
Location: Brasil

Wonderful review!
Thanks for sharing

Pages