Scam shop at Alixpress

28 posts / 0 new
Last post
Quadrupel
Quadrupel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 12/03/2017 - 10:40
Posts: 990
Location: Lithuania
Scam shop at Alixpress
Edited by: Quadrupel on 06/02/2022 - 12:33
will34
will34's picture
Offline
Last seen: 33 min 47 sec ago
Joined: 12/18/2012 - 00:12
Posts: 4208

0.0% rating

FREE fedex shipping

wle
wle's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 12 hours ago
Joined: 01/07/2015 - 13:49
Posts: 2936
Location: atlanta ga

hm

"You never have the wind with you - it's either against you, or you're having a good day."
    Daniel Behrman, "The Man Who Loved Bicycles".
It never gets easy, you just go faster.   
-Greg Lemond.
       ,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¸

Henk4U2
Henk4U2's picture
Online
Last seen: 3 min 6 sec ago
Joined: 02/13/2014 - 17:52
Posts: 4355
Location: The heart of the Netherlands (GMT+1)

Let’s be realistic: everybody starts at 0.0% feedback. And they opened 9 days ago.

You are a flashaholic if you are forced to come out of the closet, to make room for more flashlights.

NeutralFan
NeutralFan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 9 hours ago
Joined: 03/20/2014 - 19:22
Posts: 1905
Location: Wisconsin, USA

Very tempting, but I’d still want to support Simon at the Convoy flashlight Store where there’s no risk.

I’d rather use my flashlight around the house than turn on the lights.

Quadrupel
Quadrupel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 12/03/2017 - 10:40
Posts: 990
Location: Lithuania

Henk4U2 wrote:
Let’s be realistic: everybody starts at 0.0% feedback. And they opened 9 days ago.

They have store houses in every continent! FEDEX delivers in a few days. It should have some feeds already;))
Oli
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 13 hours ago
Joined: 08/03/2018 - 21:03
Posts: 793
Location: United States

Even if they were getting these items for free I don’t think they can make these prices work. If somebody was paying them to get rid of returned items, maybe. It seems like a lot of effort to go through and Ali would be shutting them down almost immediately. ????

You can't compare the big flashlight in the sky to the little flashlight in your hand.

buck91
buck91's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 07/29/2016 - 08:21
Posts: 769
Location: Michigan
NeutralFan wrote:
… but I’d still want to support Simon at the Convoy flashlight Store

This.

Quadrupel
Quadrupel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 12/03/2017 - 10:40
Posts: 990
Location: Lithuania

Oli wrote:
Even if they were getting these items for free I don’t think they can make these prices work. If somebody was paying them to get rid of returned items, maybe. It seems like a lot of effort to go through and Ali would be shutting them down almost immediately. ????

If it wasn’t worth it, then they wouldn’t do it.
Westie
Westie's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 11/11/2021 - 14:32
Posts: 138

Looks like a scam to me.
I’ve been buying a lot over the years from AliExpress and I have to say it’s safer and there’s less scammers than on eBay.
There’s also some additional benefits compared to ebay but AliExpress is China based so you can’t get stuff from all over the world and there’s no used stuff by private vendors.
If I see something like this (which hasn’t happened in a long time) I usually follow the store or the item and it disappears in few days unlike scammers on eBay.
Once or twice I bought something dodgy and it was automatically refunded to me after few days.

JenkinsMatti
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 08/23/2021 - 18:26
Posts: 363

Has anyone actually ordered from this place??
Or is everyone just ASSuming they are not legit, with no real knowledge of the situation besides random opinions??

Just curious….. Beer

NeutralFan
NeutralFan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 9 hours ago
Joined: 03/20/2014 - 19:22
Posts: 1905
Location: Wisconsin, USA

Too late, it now says “Sorry, this item is no longer available!”

I’d rather use my flashlight around the house than turn on the lights.

Oli
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 13 hours ago
Joined: 08/03/2018 - 21:03
Posts: 793
Location: United States

I predicted Ali would shut them down almost immediately.

You can't compare the big flashlight in the sky to the little flashlight in your hand.

Quadrupel
Quadrupel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 12/03/2017 - 10:40
Posts: 990
Location: Lithuania

It last 12 days…

kat
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 04/21/2018 - 11:29
Posts: 448
Location: Europe

JenkinsMatti wrote:
Has anyone actually ordered from this place??
Or is everyone just ASSuming they are not legit, with no real knowledge of the situation besides random opinions??

Just curious….. Beer

I bought a brass faucet yesterday. Status is still “to ship”.
I was going to buy more stuff but today the store is empty:(

JenkinsMatti
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 08/23/2021 - 18:26
Posts: 363

kat wrote:
JenkinsMatti wrote:
Has anyone actually ordered from this place??
Or is everyone just ASSuming they are not legit, with no real knowledge of the situation besides random opinions??

Just curious….. Beer

I bought a brass faucet yesterday. Status is still “to ship”.
I was going to buy more stuff but today the store is empty:(

Thanks for sharing that kat, please do let us know the outcome.
Oli
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 13 hours ago
Joined: 08/03/2018 - 21:03
Posts: 793
Location: United States

Just to be clear, I don’t think they ever had any of these items. I think they set out to scam ali and the public. They figured they could last x number of days and get a few thousand dollars from customers before Ali caught on.

You can't compare the big flashlight in the sky to the little flashlight in your hand.

alpg88
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 10/11/2013 - 12:35
Posts: 1268
Location: usa

Not unusual for sellers to sell item cheap at first to build reputation, and bring new customers, but it is also not unusual for scammers to do the same.

kat
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 04/21/2018 - 11:29
Posts: 448
Location: Europe

After like 2 weeks of waiting for seller to ship my faucet order was closed.
“Seller failed to ship your order on time”
Sad

wle
wle's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 12 hours ago
Joined: 01/07/2015 - 13:49
Posts: 2936
Location: atlanta ga
kat wrote:
After like 2 weeks of waiting for seller to ship my faucet order was closed. “Seller failed to ship your order on time” Sad

so are you getting a refund from ali now?

"You never have the wind with you - it's either against you, or you're having a good day."
    Daniel Behrman, "The Man Who Loved Bicycles".
It never gets easy, you just go faster.   
-Greg Lemond.
       ,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¸

alpg88
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 10/11/2013 - 12:35
Posts: 1268
Location: usa

There is another scam going around, i did come across on websites as well as ebay. It works like this, you pay for the item, then wait, for 5-7 days no one emails you anything, then you get an email saying it was delivered 2 days ago, however it was not, nor it was ever shipped. the scammers have access to fedex/ups database, they look for tracking going to your town, and fake the delivery, once i tried to dispute with paypal, but they took seller side cuz tracking says it was delivered. the tracking only shows the town, not the address, and it is next to impossible to get original label from fedex ups to have any proof for a dispute. With first scam i lost 90 bucks, but i learned my lesson. Next time had had another scammer do the same on ebay, again, my ebay showed no activity for a week, and then entire history popped up, with my package marked delivered days ago, but i already learned my lesson, I did a dispute, but i did not say it was not delivered, i said wrong item was delivered, of course the scammer stayed quiet and could not respond to that, so 10 days later or so, i got my refund from ebay,

wle
wle's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 12 hours ago
Joined: 01/07/2015 - 13:49
Posts: 2936
Location: atlanta ga
alpg88 wrote:

There is another scam going around, i did come across on websites as well as ebay. It works like this, you pay for the item, then wait, for 5-7 days no one emails you anything, then you get an email saying it was delivered 2 days ago, however it was not, nor it was ever shipped. the scammers have access to fedex/ups database, they look for tracking going to your town, and fake the delivery, once i tried to dispute with paypal, but they took seller side cuz tracking says it was delivered. the tracking only shows the town, not the address, and it is next to impossible to get original label from fedex ups to have any proof for a dispute. With first scam i lost 90 bucks, but i learned my lesson. Next time had had another scammer do the same on ebay, again, my ebay showed no activity for a week, and then entire history popped up, with my package marked delivered days ago, but i already learned my lesson, I did a dispute, but i did not say it was not delivered, i said wrong item was delivered, of course the scammer stayed quiet and could not respond to that, so 10 days later or so, i got my refund from ebay,

what kept the scammer from ‘proving’ that ‘the right thing really was delivered’?

you didn;t get anything, so you can;t really show a pic of ‘the wrong thing’

just wondering why the burden of proof didn;t go back to you….

there was a scam 10 years ago..
seller would send a small box to some address in your zip code, but not your address
ebay would accept that (WHY IN GODS NAME?) as proof of delivery
and the address where it did go, would have no idea what the small box was for
the perfect crime (it has to be under $200 to work this way)

wle

"You never have the wind with you - it's either against you, or you're having a good day."
    Daniel Behrman, "The Man Who Loved Bicycles".
It never gets easy, you just go faster.   
-Greg Lemond.
       ,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¸

alpg88
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 10/11/2013 - 12:35
Posts: 1268
Location: usa

wle wrote:

what kept the scammer from 'proving' that 'the right thing really was delivered'? you didn;t get anything, so you can;t really show a pic of 'the wrong thing' just wondering why the burden of proof didn;t go back to you....

Actual absence of anything delivered in reality, cuz they never sent anything.  He would not tell paypal, "The guy is lying, he did not get wrong item, i know cuz i scammed him and he never got anything" would he??

I could show a pic of anything if asked, and he would not be able to prove it was not the item he send, the only thing he could do is keep quiet, take the loss of scammed money, and move on to another sucker. 

 

kat
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 04/21/2018 - 11:29
Posts: 448
Location: Europe
wle wrote:
kat wrote:
After like 2 weeks of waiting for seller to ship my faucet order was closed. “Seller failed to ship your order on time” Sad

so are you getting a refund from ali now?

Yes, but don’t really care, it’s only 0.02$ because I used some $6 coupon they are giving to new accs

wle
wle's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 12 hours ago
Joined: 01/07/2015 - 13:49
Posts: 2936
Location: atlanta ga
alpg88 wrote:

wle wrote:

what kept the scammer from ‘proving’ that ‘the right thing really was delivered’? you didn;t get anything, so you can;t really show a pic of ‘the wrong thing’ just wondering why the burden of proof didn;t go back to you….

Actual absence of anything delivered in reality, cuz they never sent anything.  He would not tell paypal, “The guy is lying, he did not get wrong item, i know cuz i scammed him and he never got anything” would he??

I could show a pic of anything if asked, and he would not be able to prove it was not the item he send, the only thing he could do is keep quiet, take the loss of scammed money, and move on to another sucker. 

 

i dunno, what stops him from taking a picture of ‘the right thing’ and claiming that was what he sent, and that you are lying

i mean you could do the same thing, take a picture of some random thing and say ‘this is what seller sent’

then what would ebay do or paypal?

wle

"You never have the wind with you - it's either against you, or you're having a good day."
    Daniel Behrman, "The Man Who Loved Bicycles".
It never gets easy, you just go faster.   
-Greg Lemond.
       ,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¸

alpg88
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 10/11/2013 - 12:35
Posts: 1268
Location: usa

wle wrote:
alpg88 wrote:

wle wrote:

what kept the scammer from 'proving' that 'the right thing really was delivered'? you didn;t get anything, so you can;t really show a pic of 'the wrong thing' just wondering why the burden of proof didn;t go back to you....

Actual absence of anything delivered in reality, cuz they never sent anything.  He would not tell paypal, "The guy is lying, he did not get wrong item, i know cuz i scammed him and he never got anything" would he??

I could show a pic of anything if asked, and he would not be able to prove it was not the item he send, the only thing he could do is keep quiet, take the loss of scammed money, and move on to another sucker. 

 

i dunno, what stops him from...............

Reality does,  if someone digs too deep they will find original label with tracking he provided that would prove he lied, and it may lead to paypal account suspention,  fed ex ups investigation as well, if a right person gets involved. which may just shut his operation down and someone losing their job. or even criminal charges,   So he did the smartest thing he could, return the money and end the whole dispute. and move on to another sucker.  There is a good old saying;  There's a sucker born every minute. 

Camaro
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 06/27/2021 - 12:48
Posts: 185
Location: Ontario, Canada

Ebay is a shadow of it’s former self. My brother used to sell collector advertising cigarette lighters on it. It got to the point that were a lot of countries he would not sell/ship to.
Worst one was a very expensive lighter and the buyer claimed it was not received, ebay reimbursed the buyer. Then a month later the buyer sent an email asking if he had an extra flint spring as it had broken….
It is not a good place for sellers anymore, last I heard.

alpg88
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 10/11/2013 - 12:35
Posts: 1268
Location: usa

I was once selling seek thermal, i got an offer of half the price i was asking, i rejected it, then, half an hour later someone bought it,  i checked the buyer, new account opened within half an hour, no ratings no history, i suspected it was the same guy who tried to scam me, buy the item, then claim it was not received, or not working, while sending me back his damaged unit,  i canceled the sale, refunded the money,   i followed that buyer for a while, their account was never logged into since that day. clearly i was right, that buyer did try to scam me.