X-0 Knight is LIVE on Kickstarter now!

53 posts / 0 new
Last post
RightHandedMan
RightHandedMan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 20 hours ago
Joined: 06/03/2022 - 19:07
Posts: 11
Location: United States

Pöbel wrote:
I’m 100% sure with was 50k before!

I do not like the P9 as well, but I like the light and I’ll swap the LED with what I prefer.

The heck? Seems like they changed the stretch goal hoping no one would notice. This doesn’t make me confident in ever reaching the Samsung LED option… Maybe I’ll just buy the H5 instead.

Mkduffer wrote:
Interesting. Most of my right angled lights serve double duty as headlamps. This doesn’t appear to come with a headband and if it does, I’m curious how one would go about aiming it. Even clipped to a pack or shirt placket, changing the direction of the beam doesn’t appear to be an option.

Wuben is probably going for the right-angled EDC niche with this washing-machine-looking thing. Wuben’s H5 does those things with the same LED (assuming the stretch goal isn’t reached).

WubenLight
WubenLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 09/13/2016 - 21:18
Posts: 178
Location: www.wubenlight.com

derfyled wrote:
I've backed a white one based on one information I wish Wuben will respect: they will ask us if we want a P9 or a LH351D. If only cool white will be available, I don't want to back this project.

Yes, you can choose it! The LH351D is available as an option when reaching our first expansion goal!

WubenLight
WubenLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 09/13/2016 - 21:18
Posts: 178
Location: www.wubenlight.com

Pavlo wrote:
Very cool light. Are the outputs constant current regulated? I agree with others, mode spacing is not very good. The jump from 1 to 50 lumens is 50x increase, and from 150-250 lumens is less than 2x increase. Something like 1, 10, 75, 250 would make way more sense.

 

X-0 has a programming model:


In the following corresponding gear, double-click and press the W button without letting go, the brightness can be gradually cycled in the zone. The light flashes once when it reaches the pole, and release to lock the current brightness.

 

Moon    1-15 Lumens

Low      15-50 Lumens

Med      50-150 Lumens

High      150-300 Lumens

WubenLight
WubenLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 09/13/2016 - 21:18
Posts: 178
Location: www.wubenlight.com

Streamtronics wrote:

Here's two questions I'd love to get answered by Wuben:

1) Is the bezel around the TIR optic glued? Or can it be unscrewed with enough force?

2) What is the user interface like? Is it one click for on, one for off? And if so, is there a lockout mode? I'd love to see either double click for on, or a lockout mode that requires three or four clicks to lock/unlock. 

 

Hi there,

1) Yes the bezel can be unscrewed.

2) One-click for on and one for off. Four clicks to lock/unlock.

WubenLight
WubenLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 09/13/2016 - 21:18
Posts: 178
Location: www.wubenlight.com

Pöbel wrote:
I'm 100% sure with was 50k before! I do not like the P9 as well, but I like the light and I'll swap the LED with what I prefer.

 

In fact, we have not yet announced our first stretch goal.

We keep adjusting since we still need to consider various factors at the moment.

But we will soon release the final version of our stretch goal, and there will be an additional project in addition to LED.

Stay tuned please! wink

Pöbel
Pöbel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 02/14/2013 - 08:27
Posts: 319
Location: Germany
WubenLight]<p>[quote=Pavlo wrote:

 

Moon    1-15 Lumens

Low      15-50 Lumens

Med      50-150 Lumens

High      150-300 Lumens

Wow, that is unexpected and VERY nice!

it also renders many complaints about mode spacing mute. Well done.

WubenLight wrote:

But we will soon release the final version of our stretch goal, and there will be an additional project in addition to LED.

Stay tuned please! wink

I hope this means what I think it is implying Smile

Rayoui
Rayoui's picture
Offline
Last seen: 21 min 52 sec ago
Joined: 08/06/2019 - 00:38
Posts: 691
Location: Portland, OR

This looks like a unique and interesting light. I’ll probably grab one once they are up for sale.

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 7165
Location: Portugal
WubenLight wrote:

Pavlo wrote:
Very cool light. Are the outputs constant current regulated? I agree with others, mode spacing is not very good. The jump from 1 to 50 lumens is 50x increase, and from 150-250 lumens is less than 2x increase. Something like 1, 10, 75, 250 would make way more sense.

 

X-0 has a programming model:


In the following corresponding gear, double-click and press the W button without letting go, the brightness can be gradually cycled in the zone. The light flashes once when it reaches the pole, and release to lock the current brightness.

 

Moon    1-15 Lumens

Low      15-50 Lumens

Med      50-150 Lumens

High      150-300 Lumens

This is interesting Grad

Pavlo
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 12/13/2015 - 10:37
Posts: 1046
Location: Canada
WubenLight wrote:

Pavlo wrote:
Very cool light. Are the outputs constant current regulated? I agree with others, mode spacing is not very good. The jump from 1 to 50 lumens is 50x increase, and from 150-250 lumens is less than 2x increase. Something like 1, 10, 75, 250 would make way more sense.

 

X-0 has a programming model:


In the following corresponding gear, double-click and press the W button without letting go, the brightness can be gradually cycled in the zone. The light flashes once when it reaches the pole, and release to lock the current brightness.

 

Moon    1-15 Lumens

Low      15-50 Lumens

Med      50-150 Lumens

High      150-300 Lumens

This is great!

When the bezel is unscrewed, can you easily access the Led? Is the Led on a standard mcpcb or is it integrated with the driver board?

WubenLight
WubenLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 09/13/2016 - 21:18
Posts: 178
Location: www.wubenlight.com

Quote:
This is great! When the bezel is unscrewed, can you easily access the Led? Is the Led on a standard mcpcb or is it integrated with the driver board?

 

Yes, the LED is on a standard MCPCB and is independent of the driver board.

mr_magoo
Offline
Last seen: 18 min 11 sec ago
Joined: 08/31/2018 - 14:01
Posts: 205
Location: Dark skies USA

Correllux wrote:
MascaratumB wrote:
WubenLight wrote:
We’ll be uploading a video of how to replace the battery soon. Stay tuned!
Innocent

Well that looks easy enough, just not very convenient. Perhaps a normal tailcap that can be unscrewed by hand could be sold as an optional accessory?

Wuben Lab sounds interesting…you guys always make good products. I’ll keep an eye out for future projects!


I dont see any inconvenience here. Simply pressing the tailcap down on a grippy surface(like a sheet of shelf paper or silicone) seens like it would do it. Heck, maybe even just your palm.
Pavlo
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 12/13/2015 - 10:37
Posts: 1046
Location: Canada

Do you have an output graph to show the regulation of high mode?

WubenLight
WubenLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 09/13/2016 - 21:18
Posts: 178
Location: www.wubenlight.com

Pavlo wrote:
Do you have an output graph to show the regulation of high mode?

 

Sure, here you are.

Pavlo
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 12/13/2015 - 10:37
Posts: 1046
Location: Canada

Régulation looks perfect, thank you!

Unheard
Unheard's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 01/16/2019 - 11:38
Posts: 2550
Location: Germany

Nice.

Smile, you cannot kill them all.

RightHandedMan
RightHandedMan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 20 hours ago
Joined: 06/03/2022 - 19:07
Posts: 11
Location: United States

Pretty nice regulation actually. Nice! The kickstarter looks to be reaching the stretch goal for the Samsung LED as well — backed.

WubenLight
WubenLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 09/13/2016 - 21:18
Posts: 178
Location: www.wubenlight.com

RightHandedMan wrote:
Pretty nice regulation actually. Nice! The kickstarter looks to be reaching the stretch goal for the Samsung LED as well -- backed.

 

Yes, everyone can choose the LEDs they want!!! wink

 

Thank you so much for your support!

Quadrupel
Quadrupel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 30 min ago
Joined: 12/03/2017 - 10:40
Posts: 990
Location: Lithuania
WubenLight wrote:

Pavlo wrote:
Do you have an output graph to show the regulation of high mode?

 

Sure, here you are.

Strange graph… Why not to switch to lower level when voltage drops?

alex64
alex64's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 03/16/2017 - 01:42
Posts: 174
Location: Balearic Islands

WubenLight wrote:

RightHandedMan wrote:
Pretty nice regulation actually. Nice! The kickstarter looks to be reaching the stretch goal for the Samsung LED as well — backed.

 

Yes, everyone can choose the LEDs they want!!! wink

 

Thank you so much for your support!


I never used Kickstarter. How I select LH351D? Does the price include European VAT?
Unheard
Unheard's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 01/16/2019 - 11:38
Posts: 2550
Location: Germany

WubenLight wrote:
Yes, everyone can choose the LEDs they want!!!

Nichia 519A Innocent

Smile, you cannot kill them all.

WubenLight
WubenLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 09/13/2016 - 21:18
Posts: 178
Location: www.wubenlight.com

[/quote] Strange graph... Why not to switch to lower level when voltage drops?[/quote]

 

Actually it does. You can find the Turbo, it was originally 1100 lumens, and then gradually reduced to 300 lumens.

WubenLight
WubenLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 09/13/2016 - 21:18
Posts: 178
Location: www.wubenlight.com

[/quote] I never used Kickstarter. How I select LH351D? Does the price include European VAT?[/quote]

 

Just back the item on Kickstarter at first, and then we will send you an email to collect your address information and the LED option after the project ends.

 

All the shipping fee depends on your address.

Pages