Acebeam X75 Drone Beamshot Lighting up a mountain

49 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 17 min ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 2780
Location: New Zealand
Acebeam X75 Drone Beamshot Lighting up a mountain

Here’s the X75 in action. The hill/mountain is roughly 600m to the top.
.
.

.
.
Here’s the Astrolux EC06
.
.

.
.

Update: originally I wasn’t so happy with the X75, but that has since changed. I still stand by the slight disappointment of getting less range, and only at turn on was their Turbo specs recorded, I wasn’t aware of this. I also didn’t realize at the time that mine was the 5000K model, so naturally you get less range.

Once I tested the range for the 5000K model at 932m I found other drone locations, the final results are quite amazing. My review will be uploaded tonight, hopefully.

Piercing The Darkness YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/c/PiercingTheDarkness

Edited by: sb56637 on 08/15/2022 - 10:12
DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 2247

My MS18W get very hot so fast even at 60k lumens. The hot air it blows out hurts if my fingers were blocking it a bit.

Based on the size of X75, I already knew it won’t do good with 80k lumens, unless it is different LED. If it does output 80k lumens with 12 LEDs, it will shorten the lives of those LEDs very fast. But I don’t think 4×21700 can do 80k lumens with XHP70.2, that is like each battery has to output 180W.

Here is review for MS18. It hits 100k lumens briefly too. That is achieved with 18 LEDs and 8×21700 batteries.
https://1lumen.com/review/imalent-ms18/

cool i'll see you when you get there

oldlumen2011
Offline
Last seen: 4 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 05/17/2019 - 03:29
Posts: 8
Location: USA, Michigan

A few of my friends got and posted their impressive X75, that is no doubt the design, build quality and UI are top notch. Actually, I prefer the X75 with using the high efficiency boost driver (20K lumens Constant for 20 mins is well controlled) and incorporating the innovative cooling fan and the latest CREE XHP70.3 LED technology coupled with the solution of 100W Energy Storage Power Bank and support QC2.0, QC3.0, PD2.0, PD3.0, AFC/FCP/ SCP/ VOOC input and output protocols, compatible with BC1.2/IPHONE.

Price is also attractive for me, a good value flashlight only at $399, it blows away other similar lights: (Acebeam X50 2.0, Manker MK38, and Imalent MS12 mini and MS18 $670) Facepalm

TimMc
TimMc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 58 min ago
Joined: 06/26/2020 - 02:22
Posts: 723
Location: Melbourne, Australia

The tint looks nice, and a little warmer, with the Acebeam X75 in the first photo.

I wonder what the runtime is actually like on High. 20K lumens for 20+ minutes looks impressive.

“12x CREE XHP70.2 LED 6500K”
“Power Mode & Windy Mode:”
“High: 23,000lms~17,500lms~900lms; 7minutes+25minutes+8minutes; 622meters; 96,721cd;”

I wonder how far the XHP70.2 6500K and XHP70.3 6500K throw… yes, I realise that it’s a flooder. Big Smile Beer

DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 2247

Sure people pay for the items below:
PD fast charging and powerbank(not really easy to use with those greasy tread around),
Smart temperature and fan control(this is important to maintain LEDs lives and performance,
maybe an efficient circuit(but for monstrous flooder who cares about efficient circuit, most will top up its batteries for best output performance)
High quality built (branded built quality)

But Acebeam should have been honest about the 80k lumens which is fake.
If someone pay Acebeam thinking to get 80k lumens, they are scammed by Acebeam.

Acebeam is not honest when they use 12 LEDs and 4× 21700 to achieve 80k lumens.

cool i'll see you when you get there

Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 17 min ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 2780
Location: New Zealand

It is a very impressive model, but I only purchased this (reviewers discount) to show my viewers the drone images since no one else will. I was relying on the range spec on turbo for the specific locations, only to be disappointed. If I had known the 1150m range was at turn on only, I wouldn’t have put my hand up to review.

No issues whatsoever with the design, build quality etc

Piercing The Darkness YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/c/PiercingTheDarkness

Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 17 min ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 2780
Location: New Zealand
DENGOH wrote:
Acebeam is not honest when they use 12 LEDs and 4× 21700 to achieve 80k lumens.

They did send me a video showing their reading was 80K. I can’t verify this since I don’t have a professional sphere

Piercing The Darkness YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/c/PiercingTheDarkness

TimMc
TimMc's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 58 min ago
Joined: 06/26/2020 - 02:22
Posts: 723
Location: Melbourne, Australia

We need to make bigger DIY integration spheres for comparable results Beer

Large hollow polystyrene spheres are hard to come by in Australia Tired

Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 17 min ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 2780
Location: New Zealand

TimMc wrote:
We need to make bigger DIY integration spheres for comparable results Beer

Large hollow polystyrene spheres are hard to come by in Australia Tired

I should send it to Light Lab in Aus for verification lol that would be interesting wouldn’t it

Piercing The Darkness YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/c/PiercingTheDarkness

DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 2247
Funtastic wrote:
DENGOH wrote:
Acebeam is not honest when they use 12 LEDs and 4× 21700 to achieve 80k lumens.

They did send me a video showing their reading was 80K. I can’t verify this since I don’t have a professional sphere

In that video, was the flashlight on 4×21700 batteries or on power supply?
For OTF reading of 80k lumens, each LED has to output 7000+ lumens, let’s say 60W per LED, total power could be as high as 720W, that means each battery has to supply 180W of power.

Calculating battery voltage drop, assume voltage is 3.9V at high current, the current is 46A per battery.

cool i'll see you when you get there

Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 17 min ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 2780
Location: New Zealand

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/z6oUxX0oqUY

uploaded as a youtube shorts video so I can’t add it here

Piercing The Darkness YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/c/PiercingTheDarkness

Hotzenplotz
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 days ago
Joined: 08/25/2021 - 21:18
Posts: 5

I found the current information from another forum(https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7969605296?pn=1), can it explain the relationship between current and lumens about the X75?It’s 55.8A of the total battery pack output.

DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 2247

Funtastic wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/z6oUxX0oqUY

uploaded as a youtube shorts video so I can’t add it here

I think have to wait for more review.
But I think high chance it is scam.

X50 – 8LED 3×21700 38k lumens
X50 2.0 – 8LED 3×21700 45k lumens
X75 – 12LED 4×21700 80k lumens (sounds too good to have such advancement with similar type of LED and 4250mAH 21700 batteries)

cool i'll see you when you get there

DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 2247

Hotzenplotz wrote:
I found the current information from another forum(https://tieba.baidu.com/p/7969605296?pn=1), can it explain the relationship between current and lumens about the X75?It’s 55.8A of the total battery pack output.
!https://tiebapic.baidu.com/forum/pic/item/fba7396d55fbb2fb1d3383c90a4a20...!

So X75 is using this battery.
https://www.molicel.com/wp-content/uploads/INR21700P42A-V4-80092.pdf

And current measurement done by X75 owner in the link above. Way above maximum battery discharge specification.

With typical internal impedance of 0.016Ohm of the battery, voltage drop will be higher, 10A will have voltage drop of 0.16v, 20A will have 0.32v of voltage drop, so my estimated calculation of 3.9V at high current is too optimistic. The more voltage drop, the more current it needs to sustain 720W power estimation.

If the current measurement is correct with minimal error, 720W/55.8A/4 = 3.22v per battery.
Or 55.8A*0.016ohm= 0.89v , 4.2v-0.89v = 3.31v per battery.

cool i'll see you when you get there

Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 17 min ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 2780
Location: New Zealand

All Acebeam should have done is advertise the following

Turn On = X
FL1 = X

Instead they state FL1 in the manual for all levels. If they’re not careful they’ll start losing the trust of the enthusiast community.

Just getting ready to take more photos with the drone at a closer range, these should look amazing

Piercing The Darkness YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/c/PiercingTheDarkness

DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 2247

Funtastic wrote:
All Acebeam should have done is advertise the following

Turn On = X
FL1 = X

Instead they state FL1 in the manual for all levels. If they’re not careful they’ll start losing the trust of the enthusiast community.

Just getting ready to take more photos with the drone at a closer range, these should look amazing


Now the question is the safety to discharge at 55A for 45A max discharge battery. Looks like power consumption wise it is there.
And question about the very high efficiency of Acebeam circuit to deliver all these power to the LEDs, or it won’t get to 80k lumens.
More review will reveal the actual lumens number.

cool i'll see you when you get there

DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 2247

Quadrupel wrote:
55Amps for 1 batt or 4 ? I ques you have to find out drivers output power.

One. About 10A above 45A max in datasheet.

This is both scam and SAFETY issue to me.
Acebeam should make X75 takes 8×21700 battery pack and sell this battery pack at cost price to existing buyer. Feels like it is incomplete product with 4×21700 battery pack.

cool i'll see you when you get there

Quadrupel
Quadrupel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 12/03/2017 - 10:40
Posts: 1058
Location: Lithuania

Measure power output in watts. What is maximum power output in watts for 4 batts?

DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 2247

Quadrupel wrote:
Measure power output in watts. What is maximum power output in watts for 4 batts?

If following specification of max discharge current 45A
(4.2-45*0.016)*4*45 = 626.4 watts

cool i'll see you when you get there

Quadrupel
Quadrupel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 12/03/2017 - 10:40
Posts: 1058
Location: Lithuania

Yeap, looks overpowered, like all direct drive lights?

DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 2247

Quadrupel wrote:
Yeap, looks overpowered, like all direct drive lights?

You mean modded direct drive lights? Sure some extreme expert modders are doing that for extreme performance. But 55A for one 21700 battery is not common.
I am not aware of any stock light that sucks 55A of juice per battery.

cool i'll see you when you get there

Hotzenplotz
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 days ago
Joined: 08/25/2021 - 21:18
Posts: 5
DENGOH wrote:
Quadrupel wrote:
Measure power output in watts. What is maximum power output in watts for 4 batts?
If following specification of max discharge current 45A (4.2-45*0.016)*4*45 = 626.4 watts

here the total internal resistance of the battery pack is 0.0414, so the internal resistance of the single battery is low than 0.0103

Hotzenplotz
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 days ago
Joined: 08/25/2021 - 21:18
Posts: 5
DENGOH wrote:
Quadrupel wrote:
Yeap, looks overpowered, like all direct drive lights?
You mean modded direct drive lights? Sure some extreme expert modders are doing that for extreme performance. But 55A for one 21700 battery is not common. I am not aware of any stock light that sucks 55A of juice per battery.

the X75 uses the boost driver, here is the link https://www.acebeam.com/x75

mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 3242
Location: Sweden

wow it does look a bit underwhelming at that pic, if thats how its close to reality what u see with eyes it seems its not worth it.. so many lumens and not so big difference ?

i think the flashlight industry needs rules and regulations, stating a light that does 80k lumens but doesnt even hold that for even 10 seconds sounds like a ripoff to me…

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

              つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 2247
Hotzenplotz wrote:
DENGOH wrote:
Quadrupel wrote:
Measure power output in watts. What is maximum power output in watts for 4 batts?
If following specification of max discharge current 45A (4.2-45*0.016)*4*45 = 626.4 watts

here the total internal resistance of the battery pack is 0.0414, so the internal resistance of the single battery is low than 0.0103


(4.2*4-45*0.0414)*45= 672.16 watts

Unless Acebeam handpick every pieces of batteries, else better follow battery datasheet of 0.016ohm internal resistance.

cool i'll see you when you get there

Quadrupel
Quadrupel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 12/03/2017 - 10:40
Posts: 1058
Location: Lithuania
Hotzenplotz wrote:
DENGOH wrote:
Quadrupel wrote:
Yeap, looks overpowered, like all direct drive lights?
You mean modded direct drive lights? Sure some extreme expert modders are doing that for extreme performance. But 55A for one 21700 battery is not common. I am not aware of any stock light that sucks 55A of juice per battery.

the X75 uses the boost driver, here is the link https://www.acebeam.com/x75

700w boost driver? Maybe, but for low – med modes only. I ques its a buck driver with DD channel. To know for sure we have to know drivers output voltage. Is it so hard to measure?
Th558
Th558's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 01/30/2016 - 16:19
Posts: 1269
Location: United Kingdom

55.8A?? How long till one explodes…I’ll understand if it was a P45B but the P42A should not be pushed that hard.

DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 2247

https://www.molicel.com/inr21700-p45b/

Manufacturer max discharge current is still 45A, but it has higher capacity and lower internal resistance.

Although lower internal resistance will have less voltage drop hence lower current draw, I think it will still be over 45A max current to get 80k lumens OTF for 12 XHP70.2

cool i'll see you when you get there

pol77
Offline
Last seen: 17 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 02/21/2019 - 07:54
Posts: 465
Location: London

I have not had a chance to test the X75 but from my experience with Acebeam products, having reviewed the E70, the E70 Ti and the Rider RX, they seem to deliver both on quality and reliability. I would be interested to see specific measurements on the X75 by someone who has the required equipment.

Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 17 min ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 2780
Location: New Zealand
pol77 wrote:

I have not had a chance to test the X75 but from my experience with Acebeam products, having reviewed the E70, the E70 Ti and the Rider RX, they seem to deliver both on quality and reliability. I would be interested to see specific measurements on the X75 by someone who has the required equipment.

Marco at 1Lumen has been sent one recently. Cheule measured the 5000K on his calibrated PVC tube and hit 64K, Matt Smith also achieved similar. In saying this though, no reviewer is going to be able to give a proper reading since we don’t have a certified calibration light.

I measured the range tonight at 5 meters and only hit 932 meters for a split second.

Acebeam make great products, but it’s quite common to not achieve their specs, even the range falls short. I reviewed the Rider RX and E70 Mini and this was the case for me and everyone else.

Piercing The Darkness YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/c/PiercingTheDarkness

DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 2247

Someone share this but doesn’t explain what has happened.

cool i'll see you when you get there

Pages

Topic locked