Grizzly's Thrunite Catapult Pro Review – The Thrower for Everyone

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
tactical_grizzly
tactical_grizzly's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 4 hours ago
Joined: 11/08/2020 - 14:54
Posts: 812
Location: North Texas
Grizzly's Thrunite Catapult Pro Review – The Thrower for Everyone
Edited by: tactical_grizzly on 08/17/2022 - 15:39
ChibiM
ChibiM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 05/09/2011 - 10:25
Posts: 7065
Location: Holland

Great review.. 

Those outputs and throws and runtimes are pretty good! 

Sirstinky
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 11/02/2018 - 17:07
Posts: 1751
Location: Vancouver, WA

Nice! Looking forward to testing it. Seems like a nice upgrade to the V6, but smooth ramping that’s not Anduril? Sketchy as usual!

ChibiM
ChibiM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 05/09/2011 - 10:25
Posts: 7065
Location: Holland

Hey, Sirstinky, you're repeating yourself Big Smile

Sirstinky
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 11/02/2018 - 17:07
Posts: 1751
Location: Vancouver, WA

Oops. It posted twice with one click l. Not sure why.

Tatteredmidnight
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 09/11/2021 - 19:32
Posts: 154
Location: United States

Thanks for the great review. I was seriously considering reflowing an sft-70 into my v6, I actually have a thread here about it. Ultimately I decided not to, but this has me reconsidering! My only critique of the review is that I would have loved to see side by side beam shots and body pics with the v6. I figured maybe you no longer had it when I was reading the review Big Smile

stephenk
stephenk's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 27 min ago
Joined: 01/30/2016 - 05:09
Posts: 2351
Location: Australia

You are on a roll with reviews at the moment.

tactical_grizzly
tactical_grizzly's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 4 hours ago
Joined: 11/08/2020 - 14:54
Posts: 812
Location: North Texas
ChibiM wrote:

Great review.. 

Those outputs and throws and runtimes are pretty good! 

Thanks! I agree. Very impressive performance here.

Sirstinky wrote:
Nice! Looking forward to testing it. Seems like a nice upgrade to the V6, but smooth ramping that’s not Anduril? Sketchy as usual!

Having Anduril on this light would be tremendous for me. I adore Anduril and it would allow me to switch to stepped ramping which I prefer. I think one of the big selling points is that the UI is relatively easy to pick up and use without it doing anything confusing, so I totally understand why Thrunite chose not to use Anduril here.

Tatteredmidnight wrote:
Thanks for the great review. I was seriously considering reflowing an sft-70 into my v6, I actually have a thread here about it. Ultimately I decided not to, but this has me reconsidering! My only critique of the review is that I would have loved to see side by side beam shots and body pics with the v6. I figured maybe you no longer had it when I was reading the review Big Smile

You figured correctly. I don’t have the V6 SST70 anymore I’m afraid. Otherwise I absolutely would have included direct comparison between the two.

stephenk wrote:
You are on a roll with reviews at the moment.

Thanks! I just happened to wrap up several around the same time. These days I’ll go through phases where one month I’ll knock out several reviews and then the next month I’ll work on other stuff.