Newest 7 Leds BORUiT Z001 review

just got this 7 LEDs boruit Z001 yesterday…

first impression is, it look almost exactly like Trustfire UF T70
same size, same battery carrier, same tail cap, the only different is the new light is 7 LEDs :slight_smile:
there’s 5 mode LOW (1 LED) MID (3 LEDs ) HIGH ( 7 LEDs ) strobe and SOS
low mode is comparable with Ultrafire WF 502b

the driver size is 27mm

check this out… 41mm deep!! a lot of option for driver mod :smiley:

total height 70mm solid heavy aluminum… good heat exchange :smiley:

inside look

screw in pill… good heat exchange… :smiley:

comparison beamshot with Sky Ray King
LOW mode… BORUit Z001 on the left… Sky Ray KIng on the right

High Mode

just for the fun of it… compare it with my “prototype device”
before HIGH

AFTER… very interesting, this is the only multiple LEDs so far that retain the hotspot, hmm… need to experiment more with this light :wink:

The shot with your device looks awesome. Like something out of a physics book.

:beer: :smiley:

Nice looking light. the shot with your device almost looks like a kaleidoscope.

I like the looks of this light! thanksforthe review!
I`ve actually never seen this before, and actually never heard of the name either!

it’s new light, new company trying to break into flashlight business i guess… go to ebay and search for boruit :slight_smile:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?\_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&\_nkw=boruit&\_sacat=0&\_from=R40

I would like to see what it will do outdoors.

will try take some pictures and compare it with other multiple LEDs lights :slight_smile:

After the first two pictures I thought you had shaky hands..^^

Any measurements on the current?

seems pretty decent to me, except maybe modes

what’s your opinion on shutting off LEDs for modes? do the ones that stay on retain the same brightness?

Wow why is the reflector so deep? The LEDs don’t appear to be so.

I’m still not a fan of those modes. You planning on changing the driver or found anything yet?

yes, please do some outdoor shots. vs skyray king …thanks

tested the battery carrier before… it was 12V it ran in series

Look what arrived in its little holster!

Actually, it didn’t come with the holster. But I had one that the light fits into pretty well!

Sorry for the pic quality. Its a cellphone camera and I’m still playing with the settings-

I’d say the light visually is comparable to my SRK, with a less bright hot spot. But equivalent flood both in size and brightness. Don’t ask for measurements - I’m not the guy for that. The finish is OK, but not the best. Very slight wear marks at the edges. But it has a nice grip to it - I like the look and feel of it. The size and weight are just right. It did not take my Nitecore 2600s; I had to use my AW IMR 2000s. I haven’t checked if my other cells work or not.

It doesn’t feel cheap; just not quite the quality of a SWM, etc. And it has no memory. Overall, for seventy bucks, it’s a good light but a bit overpriced. In the era of fasttech prices, maybe 50.00 would be a fair.

Next to my blk SRK:

darn, what a waste. i really liked the look of this light and size of it. but if its just on par with the king, imma pass on this.

thanks for the review guys!

the light output is kind of disappointing, when you compare it to another 7 LEDs such as Trustfire TR-J18
BUT… this light has a nice deep pill… enough room for driver mod :smiley:

I like this light’s design but the price is too high for a driver upgrade.Is the battery tube funny shaped like the carrier or is it round?

Thanks for the review daylighter.

Can you measure how many amps it pulls at the tail? (current). Would be great as it will give us an idea how bright it actually is with the stock driver.

it’s round… the body is a light thin walled aluminum, everything else is concentrated on the head.
must agree with you regarding the price… it should be around $50 the driver replacement will cost another $20
http://kaidomain.com/product/details.S020419

Yeah,but since you already dropped cash on it,might be a good idea to get the KD driver.Thanks for your opinions guys!