TrustiFire Z8 $12 @ Tmart (first 100 orders only)

Coupon Code: TMART0118

Review by JonnyMac here

Link to the product page here

Thanks. I had been thinking about getting a zoomie.

You’re welcome.

I wont be buying one because my debit card info was stolen and my card its now cancelled, but I would have bought one at this price to do a driver swap.

From JonnyMacs review the build quality on these look amazing.

I have one and the build gquality is definitely amazing. I would recommend a bit of lube on the zoom threads though.

Just bought one!

Hope this light doesn’t disappoint as my Tmart HD2010 is defective :frowning:

Purchased, thanks!

Ordered! Thank you.

A few things to consider ..

*it weighs a stinking ton which means it will never see any real use as a pocket light...It's heavy as hell.

* The beam quality is strange as it doesn't do anything well .doesn't flood or throw worth a dang..

*Runs on a 14500 only which means it can't be used, given or sold to a normal human being ...... ezarc wouldn't buy one evenif he could... since it won't run on a AA

* Horrible tint ..mine is purple as hell

* Modes are stupid .... not well spaced and ...strobe ??

*Hard to use..stiff and a real pain

I could appologize for not liking this light ...I just won't it's a horrid light ..please buy mine !

It looks good ...but that's all :(

Don't buy it at any price

Johnny didnt measure the weight

@ Boaz, I would have considered doing a driver swap. I just got 2 good drivers that might fit it in the mail today but. Then I’d probably to change it to XP-G or XP-G2 as well if it had a ugly tint. Probably not worth the money after modding not to mention I don’t like zoomies.

The weight wouldn’t bother me though, I don’t EDC any lights.

I had one. Didnt like tint and modes so I swapped driver and emitter. After that, it became my EDC for a few months now and I really liked it. Heavy? Nope. Ugly beam? Nope. Useless? Nope. Its a cool light which throws out a lot of light driven at 2.8A with an IMR. Can get really hot though.. but I agree, stock its not that good. But on the other hand, how many affordable (even with modding <30$), good looking and good performing 14500 lights are out there?

/edit: @ezarc: No EDC? I'm shocked! :D

I’ll give it a shot thanks

I got mine today. I can see myself using it a lot.

Got mine yesterday. I like it.

Received mine today. Great little light.

Got mine too its pretty beefy

I recieved the TF Z8 a couple of days ago, and it’s the first zoomie I’ve bought since my Led Lenser P5R. I have to say I had really high hopes for it, as JohnnyMac raved about it in his review. And don’t get me wrong, the build quality really is something special for an $12 torch. Apart from that, I hate everything else about it

- it has an awful tint (more blue white than cool white)

- heats up very quickly (and dims to about half its capable brightness)

- very difficult to go from spot to flood (I bought it for the missus, and she struggles with it)

- the modes are crummy (has High, Low and Blinkie, in which High and Low are VERY similar)

Sorry to hear about your example. The tint on mine was on the neutral side of cool and as for the modes, my example was 100%/25% which is not too bad for a two mode light. Definitely a difference in output between the two. Perhaps they have changed the driver since my review. As for the heat issue, it’s stainless steel so one can expect it to heat up and not shed it very well. In what way is it hard for your wife to work the zoom? Is it too stiff? Perhaps it needs lube. Not many complaints about zoom difficulty AFAIK. :frowning:

I have a CW SC52 and SRK, compared to those 2 this is a very bluish tint.
Yes, the screwing is quite stiff, and I have read this many times about this torch, so it was kinda expected, but still surprisingly stiff.

The modes on mine are more like 100% / 75%!

Saves me typing the same out. The mode memory alone is reason to avoid it.