more 30%off of TrustFire 18650 3000mAh 3.7V PCB Protector batteries@tmart

Do you want to buy 18650 batteries for your flashlight? Come here to get one with the higher quality and lower price.

http://www.tmart.com/2pcs-TrustFire-18650-3000mAh-3.7V-PCB-Protector-Rechargeable-Lithium-Battieries-Golden_p172239.html

coupon code is:tmtblf0114
expired time:2014.1.17

Only $7.99 of 2pcs TrustFire 18650 batteries.

Have a good time.

I bought 4 of these over the holidays from tmart.

They do not hold up as well under a 3 amp load as my other trustfire flames. (2200mah vs 2600mah)

They also seem to have a fatter pcb and overall diameter vs other TFF making them not fit in many lights.

They do work fine in single cell lights and are fine for me personally for the price, but just be aware of what you are getting

Before you want to sell any od the ultraCRAP, please open one battery, and show us, how it looks inside.

I wonder whats the true capacity of this battery?

I bought a pair after seeing they were also shipping (free) from their UK warehouse now… didn’t even know they had one :slight_smile:
We’ll see how it goes, but the coupon worked fine and a pair of protected 18650s for just over £6 is pretty nice, especially if they get here quick.

My experience with these cells has been good overall, they’re quite potent when new but tend to wear a bit more noticeably than better quality cells. I’ve also had one protection circuit fry after accidentally shorting the cell briefly, it did it’s job to break the short but then wouldn’t reset.
Overall a decent budget cell, but I agree with what has been said, probably not a good idea to use them in series or in very high drain applications.

+1

if you have some question.please PM me for help.

I honestly should have spent a couple dollars more and bought some Panasonics or Sanyos.

While its nice to see a vendor offer a sale, I would avoid all x-fire cells even if they were given away for free. There was once a day a few years ago where this particular cell was a descent option that would last for 2 seasons if moderately driven. Now they are a dangerous crap shoot that could injure you or an innocent bystander. If you get some, load em up into your slingshot or pototo gun and fire them into a recycling bin.

Bring us some Panasonics and Sanyos with quality Seiko protection.
No thanks on trustfire / _any_fire batteries.

I agree, i have way to many of these xxxxx-fire batteries that end up bad, weak, re-wrapped used & faulty cells, lower-MAH, and even seen fake ones with tiny cells inside 18650 cases ! which are dangerous. from now on i will only use good Laptop recovered batteries or buy good brand name cells from “real” Sanyo or Panasonic suppliers. Unless you can prove these are genuine and safe and have the “actual” capacity they claim to be, and have real protection circuit that exists and works properly, i wont be buying any more of them.

DenBarrettSAR, would you recall how many of your xxx-fire have ended up bad, re-wrapped used, faulty, low capacity?

Looks like even the good TF flames don’t have the claimed capacity. When TF starts off willing to lie right out of the gate even when dealing with something that can be potentially dangerous like li-ions, I think we should stay away. Plus capacity is used to choose a safe charge rate.

Tmart, we do appreciate sales. Just would rather it was a quality brand with known quality protection.

Well I just got these cells and it doesn’t look promising, they look far more cheaply wrapped than my other Trustfire 3000s (creases in wrapped, no holographic pattern, soft printing in parts…etc) and they also sound a bit hollow…crapfire might be an appropriate name for these particular units…

I’ll do some testing and tear one apart but so far I’m not impressed at all, steer well clear I’d say.

On the positive side they arrived within 5 days :stuck_out_tongue:

Nope, no more XXXFire cell for me, waste of money.

Rather to add a couple more hard earned dollars for real capacity cell.

please do and report back

Didn’t some of the TF Flames get decent reviews? I have Flames in 18650, 26650, 18350, 14500, and a couple others, all bought from Manafont within the last couple years, and I’ve haven’t had any problems with them, aside from probably not having near the capacity printed on the label. I have one 18350 that seems to drain faster than it should, but that’s it.

I have a few other better brands of 18650, and haven’t seen a huge difference, really. Maybe I got lucky? It seems many of the regular BLF contributors had good things to say about the MF TF Flames, so I stocked up on them while I could at the time. Maybe it’s a crap shoot now? I don’t think I would have just picked them up at any site or eBay - it was specifically that seller that seemed to be supplying the good Flames at the time.

Come to think of it, I may have gotten a pair of Flames from TMart a while back. They seem fine to me.

And really - with the shear number of cheap-ass li-ion cells sold now days, as “dangerous” as they’re sometimes reported to be, you’d think we’d hear a LOT more stories about them doing scary stuff. We really don’t, statistically. I’m not defending cheap crap batteries or unscrupulous sellers, but aren’t we blowing some of this out of proportion? My UltraFire red-label sells SUCK. But they still run my lights kinda bright for a little while. LOL. I never worry about them blowing up my pants or anything though.

I have uf blue and they are considerably lower in brightness than old laptop pulled batteries. They also don’t hold charge as long in storage. Can’t comment on safety. Being new to this, I will be investing in decent batteries and using laptop pulls for everyday use in lesser lights.

Sounds like you have some of the “re-rapped used or fake cells” with ultrafire labels. I have a couple of those too. they came with a light as a package, and they were almost useless for runtime and lost half a volt in just a month of storage.

Yup that’s the ones not good at all. I’ve learnt better to invest in decent cells the lights run much better. I have about 12 batteries now which I cycle, and better to spend that time caring for them on batteries that are worth it.

I managed to buy Panasonic cells for 14$ ncrPF and 15$ for a pair of NCRB...

But I will admit I used all kinds of crappy fire batteries before so if you got to buy xxxfire buy this thrustfire flames rather than blue, red and pink 6000 mah 18650 crappy fire fakes.