[Sold out] 8 Purple Samsung ICR18650-28A $10 shipped

Hi all,
I’ve been lurking here a while and taking advantage of Deal Alerts and thought I’d finally join and contribute one of my own.

Bought this pack the other day and inside were 8 of these purple Samsung batteries. On the outside of my pack was a “manufactured oct. 2010” date stamp.

Unfortunately after reading HJK’s review it sounds like I won’t get the full 2800mah out of them with my charger, but at $10/pack or $1.25/cell it still seems like a great deal. The sale ends in one day per the listing.

I’m tempted to buy another but I have enough batteries so I figured I’d post and see what a flash mob would do to his inventory…

Did you check the voltage of each cell before charging?

Can you post pictures of the pack and the actual cells? 8 Samsungs for $10 is a great deal. I would want to make sure that the pack is not just only a “compatible” pack and has cells other than Samsungs.

My DMM is DOA but my old radio shack analog meter was between 3.5 and 4v…

Welcome to BLF and thanks for sharing the deal.

If I remember correctly you are the one who gave me the idea to hunt for NOS battery packs in a post a while back. Shame on you!

Wow, this is a real PITA, not exactly copy and paste… hope this works and good luck to those who buy them. My date earlier was a bit off, looks like a 7/2010 manufacture date and a 4/2011 QC sticker.

3 sold since my post, wonder if I should pick up another? Nah, that would just encourage me to buy more lights.

For pics I find it best to use the advanced option.

Click on the Blue Input format right below the screen you post on, then hit advanced. The tree icon is for pics. So if you are going from facebook just click on “copy url” and then paste that.

Try uploading your pictures to imgur.com. You don't need an account, you can drag and drop, and if gives you the code to display the picture here. You can even upload the pictures as an album and display it as a nifty album here. I'll do this one for you.

http://imgur.com/a/9pSHe/embed

Thanks for the advice guys. Wound up figuring it out but that imgur looks pretty slick.

Thanks for the pics, I just ordered 1!

Thanks for sharing… bought 2 :smiley:
perfect for building bike light battery pack :smiley:

I'm keeping my eye on you, and it lead me to this thread, lol. This deal is so good, I could not resist, and I bought 2 as well just now, for another battery pack to build!!! My wife is already mad at me for buying all those Panasonic CGR18650CG batteries! I hope she does not find out about this late night impulse purchase :)

Dammit, there goes another twenty bucks. I told myself I’d avoid buying anything for a while after my package from solarforce arrived earlier this week.
Thanks for the heads up on the deal. :bigsmile:

hmm… where can I find a charger that can charge 4.3V? :~

How do we build bike light battery packs? Is there a tutorial here somewhere? I’m very interested to learn. :open_mouth:

Thanx for sharing this Siskiyou!

I already have 10 of these ICR18650-28As and 5 are not used yet. That’s in addition to the 10 Sanyo UR18650ZYs which are not used also. With the idea above of DayLighter, I’m gonna need more ICR18650-28As. J)

The seller doesn’t ship to the Philippines! |(

haha, I was looking for the same thing just now. I really like that Efest Luc V4, but it does not charge to 4.3-4.35V, so a no go on that one, but it is one nice charger. I am searching as well for best cheap charger for these cells as we speak. Checking all the charger on HKJ website

http://www.lygte-info.dk/info/indexBatteriesAndChargers%20UK.html

Pretty much all the battery salvage deals are for US only. Sometimes Canada. But almost never international.

I really like the Opus BT-C3100 even though it's not perfect. Seems like a dream charger, that falls a little short, and well overpriced at $63 on ebay. But if the price ever drops below $30 I will probably be getting one, even with its faults. Really wish someone would do that group-buy for $25 each for 50 on this. In the mean-time, I might just have to charge these to 4.2V

Sigh. I guess we’ll just have to accept that fact. :weary: