The best budget mega flooder MT G2 light

Looking for a light with MT G2, total flood this time, around 100m or even less is just fine, i want huge neutral white hotspot.

I prefer smaller form factor……around 80$ max…

I think in your price range you’d be better off with a SRK (sky ray king), since MT-G2 is a relatively new LED in the industry and thus not yet implemented by the many budget and premium-budget brands that are already producing fine multi-emitter XM-L-based flood lights.

Also, you posted in the 1x18650 section, but that configuration won’t give you great results given the requirements of the MT-G led. Expect to look for a multi-battery setup if going with that LED.

Hmm, i don’t see the option 1x 18650? its ok if it has 2 cells, no problem. Also i don’t really like the tint/beam pattern of XM-L lights for flood purpose, i might be wrong dunno. Please suggest a flooder with high output (~ 2000+ ANSI) and affordable price, not fan of Skyray tbh…thanks.

Not sure if it's the best as there are plenty of much brighter MT-G2 based lights out there however they fall out of your price range. Have you considered making a MT-G2 based C8 yourself with a modified Qlite?

Alternatively, the Solarforce K3 head is on sale at the moment for $55.99USD http://www.solarforceflashlight-sales.com/product_detail.php?id=604&s=26&t=LF and you could grab any Solarforce L2 host to go with it which would fit in your budget.

Edit* you posted while I was still typing. The K3 is only rated at 1500lm. My vote would be to build your own given your requirements and budget.

Hi, thanks alot for suggestion. I saw one video of the K3 and the beam was quite a beat narrow knowing its MT G2 emmiter, or maybe it was the video…not sure.

For the price its excelent no doubt, keep in mind i want full flood i already got mix of flood/throw with my TK 75, i need an MT G2 light for my yard, i’m big fan of massive hotspots, and evenly bright flood (MT G2)

Does anyone sell modded MT G2 lights? with budget prices in mind? thanks.

Edit, can you recommend me a host? i prefer large diameter of the body - but shorter, instead of long.

The MTG2 emitter requires 6V, nearly double the Vf for the XML, XPG/E emitters, so you need two LiIon or lots of NiMH cells just to get the MTG2 to light up. And the MTG2 really needs at least 5A current to achieve decent output, so a buck driver is required.

Thanks, yes i’m aware of that, getting 2 + cells is not big problem.

I was looking for about the same thing and ended up buying the m2500 from vin off of cpf. Put that into a solarforce l2t and running on 2 18350’s. That is by far my favorite light I have now. It will be a little above the $80 but well worth it. The medium mode is great and about all you will need and has great color.

Can you please send me a link? thanks :slight_smile:

Is it good flooder? its all i look for :slight_smile:

WOW thanks alot. How much you save if you buy the parts separately? do you think its worth to hassle?

It could be done but I could not have done it myself with my know how.

Wait, i’m confused. What exactly you are getting for ~100$ from the modder (vn) whole flashlight or just parts?

You can run a SRK on 1, 2, 3 or 4 cells if you want.

Hi dazed. If you can solder, pretty much any 2S cell light can be easily converted to a floody MT-G2 light. One low cost example that comes to mind would be the ZY-T13. Since you are not seeking high output, the existing driver should work fine without modification.

The large size of the MT-G2 die and dome will make the light floody.

Best of luck on your search.

I believe you just get the dropin. It’s almost 40 dollars for parts. Fitting the mtg2 into a p60 pill is not an easy task.

So all i need is a host right? can you guys recommend a small but wide host? i don’t like long thin formats, thanks.

That is only for the p60 drop in, you would then just need a p60 style host. I got the solarforce l2t but you could actually just use a cheap 501b.

MT-G2 light for $80?? the only one I can think of for that price is build yourself one with Smallsun ZY-T08, that would be perfect for you… small but no soda can style light and not long thin tubes either :smiley:
or ask 18ixty to build you one

I know there are a lot of floody lights. It’s possible you could buy one and switch the emitters to a warmer tint.

You can search the forum and find numerous mod posts on the mtg2. That may be your best option.

As for a stock ready to go light in your budget I believe the k3 is the only one that fits.