Roche F6 disassembly? Switch, driver, tail.

Anyone disassemble any part the Roche F6? Perhaps have pictures to share. Mostly interested in the bottom of the driver, the brass ring that holds the driver in, inside of the driver cavity. Comfy posted a couple pictures in Roche F6 Hacking (driver top with measurements, led side of the pill).

Anyone remove the metal switch button?

Roche F6 "upgrade"

That black plastic or rubber piece might snap into the silver ring behind the button to hold it in. The silver ring itself seems to have no threads so it may be pressed in.

I'm hoping, with the driver removed, you can firmly press the button & just pop it out (along with the black piece) through the inside.

Even interested in the tail insert. Hoping its screwed in, not pressed in.

Bump.

I’m interested as well. Best thing so far I could find for the internals was the FT pic.

That is the driver cover, it is reverse threaded, so righty loosey to take it off, driver underneath…it doesn’t just pop out, the driver has a micro switch on it at 90 degrees so trying to pull it out will probably result in breaking that switch

Why in the world would you need to remove the stainless switch button/retainer? :~

I believe the tailcap-like thing is pressed in; if you notice under the lanyard holes is a clearance notch in the stainless piece, it'd be way too hard to machine threaded parts (with a spring sandwiched in the middle) phased correctly when tightened to keep that notch aligned with the lanyard holes. I don't see any telltale evidence of threading looking at it from either side.

Here's the inside of the switch, it's just a captured button. All the electronics are attached to the driver.

Why?! :open_mouth: Are you joking? For mods of course!

Yea, I could see there would need to be a notch. I knew it was a long shot there.

Thanks for the picture.

What's to mod in the switch button? Unlike most of the cheaper SRK versions, the one in the F6 feels pretty good and, well, works. The SRKs all need at least a spring added to get a good switch feel.

Needs an indicator ring. If only there was a decent way to get in there and press it out.

Wait…doesn’t this have a LED on the driver?

I wonder if drilling thru the center, putting in a small led w/ leads to the led on the driver…then you have the light shining thru the button

Yeah most definitely pressed in…

Little machined slug pressed into the tail assembly

I much prefer an illuminated ring between the steel button and the steel ring around the button. Just a hole in the center looks cheap to me personally. A ring could still be visible with your fingertip on the button.

True