15mm SK68 Nanjg 5*7135 V1.0 [final]

Introducing BLF SK68 15mm 5*7135 Nanjg 105C

5*7135 regulator chips that will allow a standard 14500 Li Ion battery to run with custom firmware up to 1750mA to the emitter (vs the 500mA boost on AA, or 800mA linear with Li Ion)

Bottom

Standard BOM from a Nanjg 105C, you can either strip a 105C or purchase the materials separately for assembly
Digikey shopping cart (courtesy of Comfychair)

Original design and motivation provided by Mattaus
(only took me about 10 tries :wink: )

Added the tPaste and bPaste layers to the gerber build so now it should work at OSHStencils in generating proper stencil files
Files here

Revision V1.01 (just cosmetic, added BLF SK68 to bottom and added the paste layers to the .zip file)

Below for OP

Ok Mattaus

Using your Eagle Tutorials and your starter boardā€¦this is what I came up with

Using what you started withā€¦this is the horrible boardā€¦not finished and probably has a million errors

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gs9qraygo4ad47z/AACckGzqDji8qpq-I3I1-IIia

I need to put in a LED+ pad

Total cluster humpā€¦you make it look SOOOOO easy!

1 Thank

Your 0.1 vias are too small. Oshpark minimum drill size is 13 mil (= 0.3302 millimeters).

I'll have to take a look tonight, though I reckon Helios knows enough to help out in the mean time ;)

Sure, you can improve a lot of things but its not horrible IMO. Its a first board. Those 0.1 vias are the only thing Iā€™m seeing that would really prevent it from working. Eagle shows a bunch of airwires (thin yellow signal lines) because some of your wires were not connected properly with the route command.

I know the power wires have to be thickerā€¦but do the signaling traces need to be thick or can they be thinner?

I will fix the drill holes, does the tstop matter or will it just show exposed board around the via?

One VIN trace is a bit close to an attiny pad.
0.254mm is ok for signal lines. When there is room is good to make traces thicker. For the LED- out trace from the 7135s, you could just throw an arc over it to thicken it. Not proper but it would be easy & will work.

You just want a functional board that you can order to start out with, right?

Oh, the center positive circle on the bottom is missing bStop. It will be covered in soldermask as it is now.

By default eagle places tStop & bStop on vias. They will be exposed, uncovered my soldermask. Personally I like covered ā€œtentedā€ vias but its not a problem.

Yea I saw thatā€¦I put it onā€¦but ran out of time (had to get ready for work)

Pretty much a functional ā€œprototypeā€ just to see if I can put on in a standard SK68 and put a 14500 in it with STAR firmware (more or less a pocket rocket from what it is now)

Count me in for the group buy when you get these things working.

This sounds way better than my current method of filing down a Nanjg 105c to fit.

Tell me about itā€¦.thus my endeavor to create the non ā€œwhy did I screw up my driverā€ filing method :wink:

I originally asked Mattaus to assistā€¦but he has MUCH bigger projects to work on

I think his Eagle tutorials were a kind way of saying ā€œMake your own damn boardā€ :wink:

Soā€¦here I izā€¦trying not to screw it up too muchā€¦once I get a working board [still heavily in the prototype phase]ā€¦I will put it up on the OSHPark projects

Yeahā€¦I saw thatā€¦bleh

However wight in the Knucklehead Buck Driver Discussion thread gave us a quick tutorial on how to remove those, so you bet I will be hiding the snot out of the vias where possible :stuck_out_tongue:

Manā€¦so much talent here on this site! :slight_smile:

Nice to see you filling out the set. Good job. Iā€™ve been watching so Iā€™ll post it to that thread as soon as you think itā€™s ready.

I didn't realise my 15mm board was so unfinished. Sorry about that. This isn't perfect, but it's a good start if you want to fiddle around a bit:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4gmuyfpc87g3zh6/15mm%207135.brd

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ihy9ityjxc7s46f/15mm%207135.sch

- Matt

Was further along than I ever gotā€¦well until your awesome video tutorials :wink:

Practice makes perfect. That really applies here.

OK, corrections made...lets hope I am a bit closer now

I severely doubt I met rules some how

• 6 mil minimum trace width
  • 6 mil minimum spacing
  • at least 15 mil clearances from traces to the edge of the board
  • 13 mil minimum drill size
  • 7 mil minimum annular ring

Oh holy crap!

Wow!

Using Mattaus CAM generator!

Old build on left, new build on rightā€¦all files in the shared folder

Now that I look at itā€¦that - is waaaay close to the daggum ground ring

Plus I donā€™t have any stars

$1.80 for 3x of em

This is prototype phaseā€¦waiting till one of the Eagle masters comes in and gives me the thumbs up before I share

I just want to make sure I didnā€™t miss a pin or reversed a pin (going from top to bottom is a bit tricky trying to keep OUT and VDD straight)

Pumped! But sleepyā€¦going to bed

Looking good but need more vias between input + and L. Move the via at R1 north, slide R1/R2 west and north to allow U1 to also move west allowing space for more vias. Also, on mcu side, shift L- via from 1:30 to 10:30 and drop L+ to 4:30 to line up with wire notches in mcpcbā€™s.
Edit- also increase solder pad are for ground tab(not ground pin).

RBD

Hows this previous render left, new render right

|

|