Solarforce M7: All new! Anyone interested?

Was just browsing Foy's favourite website and found this. -link.

It looks like a cross between the M9 and a P60 host. More functionality than a P60, less bulky and throwy compared to an M9.

I like the moon, the body style, dual-switch config, cell compatibility and the big boot.

Too bad it'll probably be only available in CW.

"Dispatch we have a suspect fleeing the scene. Suspect is a male, roughly six three and wearing a yellow jacket. Wait is that yellow or green? Hold on, that might be blue. Make that purple.
...Never mind, perp got away."

Anyone else putting this on their to-buy-next list?

I don’t like it. It’s useless with single Li-Ion (won’t reach full brightness, absolutely no regulation), side switch made it pretty long in that configuration. It’s basically M9 with no throw, no thanks.

I don't like it :( In my opinion, the M6 and M8 were beautiful lights! I wish they took that styling and brought us some multi-emitter lights, like a BTU, 9xT6, etc. I'd pay a lot of money for that!

I, on the other hand, like it very much and would buy one right now if it were available.

” Lumens rating and runtime (using 1 or 2 pcs of Solarforce S18650P (V3) batteries):
High: 620 lumens / 150 mins or 1000 lumens / 100 mins.
Medium: 210 lumens / 8 hrs or 400 lumens / 4 hrs and 30 mins.
Low: 25 lumens / 60 hrs or 120 lumens / 16 hrs.
Moon-mode: 0.8 lumen / 1300 hrs or 4.5 lumens / 418 hrs.”

1000 lumens for well over an hour and a half, what’s not to like? Even if that translates to 600 lumens OTF, still a heck of a light for emergency use and to keep in the car. :wink:

I like some of the styling.

yeah the styling ain’t bad, but I’m not a side switch sorta guy when it comes to hosts like SF

It’s not P60 host.

And wouldn’t you know it, here’s the M7 sitting there calling my name…

like I really needed this!

Will let y’all know when it comes in.

I like some of the styling and I like the button configuration, but only 620 lumens with an 18650 is way too low for me and it is actually very large at 149mm with one 18650.

It won’t be making so few lumens for very long after I get it, rest assured. :wink: