Review: E27 15W Warm White 80 LED bulb from EachBuyer.com

When EachBuyer asked if we’d like to review some of their items, one of the things I was interested in was how warm white E27 10W+ LED bulbs, like this 15W one stack up against CFLs and good old incandescents.

Here’s the box it comes in:

And here’s what’s inside the box, the bulb and a manual:

Strangely, the manual is in German only:

So naturally I didn’t read it :wink:

Something else I didn’t expect is the bulb is HUGE:

So beware, it might not fit everywhere. I measured it to be 5.8 x 18cm.

The specs on the box are for a range of different bulbs.

I can’t measure most of the spec claims, what I can say it draws ~16W at 230V. The color temperature is similar to a 2700K rated CFL, the box has 3000K as one of the options, I’d say that’s pretty much accurate. The bulb doesn’t get too hot to touch even after being on for extended periods of time, so there is no way you’ll ever burn yourself. The end doesn’t get even slightly warm. And that is related to a major con of this bulb.

The bulb has 8 strips with LEDs on it, 10 each totaling 80 LEDs. They create a very good amount of light, it’s way brighter than a 20W CFL. That’s great, but the main problem is the lighting is not even. As you can see in the picture, compared to another bulb the light is only radiating to the sides, but not that much down. What it means is the walls are so much brighter lit than the floor under the bulb, you can safely look at it from underneath and not even have to squint. That may be a pro for some specific uses, but I can’t think of one. For me it’s definitely a con. A much better design providing smoother illumination would be something like this:

Or this:

Overall, it’s bright, but big, might not fit everywhere you want. Also uneven illumination might not work for some places, so buyer beware :slight_smile:

Thanks for the review.
Looks like that bulb would be well suited to a simple hanging fixture that has a large cone shaped reflector.
I wonder what percentage of output the bulb loses after just 1000 hours of use?

Just checked with technician he said only very small amount output would loose after that long of usage, nearly nothing…

Are you asking if the LED emitters would degrade after 1000 hours?

I think so…

Yes.
Without knowing the manufacturer of the leds themselves, the quality, and lumen maintenance could be anything.
Are the leds made by cree or nichia?

Looks like they’re using magic LEDs:
http://www.eachbuyer.com/images/20140221/13929748231250.jpg

Made by cree. As we said before led bulbs and lights maybe the only advantage in eachbuyer, the leds are made by cree but others made in China to cut the cost thus we provide the lower price yet not bad quality

I ordered one. I have a floor lamp it might work in.

thank you! just be aware the voltage that applies to your country.

Yup I was thinking of buying one for my floor lamp also. It’s a tall one so it kinda blind my eyes if I looked up at it. This bulb might work since there’s no emitters on the bottom