Charge current for a Feilong 32650?

I'm anxiously waiting for the SD10 from Rey's group buy to arrive. I've received a Feilong 32650 from here: Fasttech Feilong 32650. The Imax B6 (non-fake) I'm planning on using will charge at a max rate of 5 amps. I see that a Xtar sp2 can charge at a rate of 2 amps so I assume I can use at least that.

1. What is the max charge current I should use?
  2. If I do use too high a charge current I assume the battery will heat up letting me know I'm pushing it too hard?
  3. Does anyone have a spec sheet for the Feilong 32650?

I have several of the Trustfire 32650’s, which have a lower resistance than the feilong. Since these are such a thick dense cell, I charge them at 2 amps to allow for a more even and thorough top-off at termination. @3 amps, I noticed the cells begin to warm up and then drop more in resting voltage after charging.

Thanks for the info. I'll start at 1.5 amps and check to see if the battery is getting warm during charge.

You’re welcome. Have fun with the extra capacity + amps.

@1amp capacity was 6218Mah, sweet! Charged battery sat for 24 hours, resting at 4.17v before start of capacity test. I then used the Imax B6 to discharge it to 3v. 10ish minutes after the test was complete the battery was at 3.29v. I'm not normally running batteries down that low so I tossed it on a storage cycle (3.7v). I'm planning on using this in a BLF Lumitop SD10 so the extra amps are wasted. The run time should be rockin' though

In case anyone cares I did run a charge cycle at 2.5 amps with no heat detected during the charge. I used a IR thermometer gun and my hand, neither detected heat. I'm not going to normally charge at high current as I'm in no hurry and I don't want to shorten the battery life. Feilong 32650 battery purchased from Fasttech.

Congratulations on the great results and thank you for posting. These look to be a decent alternative to the Trustfire 32650 (which seems to be unavailable in the unprotected version unless buying through Trustfire direct). Enjoy the mega-capacity in that short chunky light. :slight_smile: