convoy or thorFire?

That is why I am curious about the driver. I can only pull 2.2A on a fresh samsung 30b, or any battery I have. The driver is rated 2.8. Is it my battery?
Thanks

Unfortunately I don’t believe these drivers can be easily modified for more current.

Could you tell me where can I find a code for the C8?

Have you heavy leads for measuring current? the driver is very voltage sensitive, that means that if your wire steal some hundred millivolts the current is reduced.
—-
I will disassemble my c8 for review in the next days so I can then post details over my driver. But I have to say that I am also unsure which light has which driver for the Thorfire lights. Maybe I will write them a question.
I got a 4mode with memory(fifth mode is strobe if you double click fast)
A nice driver.

I made some short 12ga copper romex leads for my Fluke DMM. From reviews I’ve read, 2.2A at tailcap is average. I’d be curious to see what your readings are.
As far as models: Thorfire “C8” is the 3/5 mode. The “C8s” is the 4 mode, which is what I have. I really like this style, as you can tell I’ve bought 3, lol.

+1
I think the same. The finish is beautyfull.

Convoy is just black?

I didn’t knew That, I like it that they marked the model with an additional S.
I get around 2.2 with a protected ncrB and with a 30Q or a 4.35V battery I get around 2.65A.

I just dissassembled the light and took a picture of the driver from the C8s the overall build quality is super.

I took some measurements on a powersupply to get a clue how voltage dependent that driver is:
3.5V 1.6A
3.6V 1.8A
3.7V 2A
3.8V 2.24A
3.9V 2.45A
4V 2.65A
4.1V 2.9A
4.2V 3.1A
The voltage is measured on top of the driverspring and the current is just what my powersupply showed. I used my testing LED on a heavy heatsink.

The springs have high resistance and should be bypassed.
I just soldered two R100 resistors on top of the R056 and did a springbypass.
After that I got
3.8V 2.6A
3.9V 3A
4.1 3.4A

Nice…that for reporting back Werner.

Thanks for taking the time Werner!
Pictures of this driver, in the different reviews I’ve read on this model, all have been slightly different. This one appears to be the same (accept a big dollop of thermal compound I have on mine).
Can someone tell me the case size of these resistors? And just for my lack of general knowledge, an R100 is .1ohm, R200 is .2ohm, etc?
Thanks

The Size of the resistor is 1206.
And yes the R is the decimalpoint, so the stock driver has a R056 resistor which are 0.056Ohm. I used two R100 on top to half the stock resistance.

A lot of people just short these small resistors with a blob of solder or similiar, I feel better if the driver has a defined resistance.

I recently got hold of a ThorFire C8s and I believe, if comparing stock lights, the C8s is the better light to the Convoy C8.

The C8s takes 1x 18650 or 2x CR123A - so more flexibility here
moonlight is awesome, overall build quality is better than my C8.

My C8 also doesn’t take unprotected short 18650 (needs a spacer or some aluminium foil in between to make it fit).

In case anyone is interested, I believe I found a link to this driver
C8s Driver

Thorfire must use different drivers in their C8’s. Mine works the same as my Convoy C8 with the Nanjg 105C driver: low/medium/high with hidden strobes.

I’ve never see a Nanjg 105C with a hidden strobe. Is the strobe activated by double-clicking?

I believe nanjg has them by 2 group modes

low/med/high and low/med/high/strobe/sos

I don’t think it’s a Nanjg 105C or D (definitely not a 105C since there are no stars and the 7135’s are in different location than than 105D). It just works the same as my Convoy in that the low mode blinks after a few seconds and then half-pressing will enable the strobe and SOS modes.

Thorfires regular C8 has the 3/5 mode (low,medium,high),(low,medium,high,strobe,sos) The C8s has the (moonlight,low,medium,high), different drivers.

There is a regular Thorfire C8 and a different non-regular Thorfire C8?

Thanks, sorry…I misunderstood.

“C8” and “C8s” different model numbers (same light with different drivers)

guess it’s a lottery on which one someone gets…or they ship the exact model one requests?