Help me choose components for a convoy S2+ triple

Is this a good host for a triple? If so what led and optics and Driver?
XP-L H
XP-L
219B
219C
XP-G2

Some other led? Optics and driver to match leds.

I just recently ordered a blue s2+ host, mtn 17dd fet + 1 w/toykeeper’s firmware, copper spacer for s2, xp-l hi triple, and carclo 10507 optics. It hasn’t shipped yet but I’m sure it’ll be impressive once built. That being said…the 219c has a beautiful tint. I’ve got a quad 219c that DB Custom built and she puts out around 3400 lumens. It is by far my favorite tint right now. I liked it so much that I put a 219c in on of my BLF A6’s. To answer your question…yes the Convoy S2 is an excellent host for a triple.

XP-L HI was made for these triples:
http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60_106&product_id=530

This optic:

Driver with your choice of firmware (I kept mine simple):
http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_117&product_id=480

Buy your spacer pre-built:

…Or depending how hands-on you are, this is how I have built three of mine so far:

Nice :bigsmile:
What version of XP-L hi did you get? How many lumens are you expecting and how would this compare to 219c

I just love it when people do this Stuff :…Or depending how hands-on you are, this is how I have built three of mine so far: Convenient budget spacer for Triple EDC found... @ Lowe's! But to be honest I’ll probably just buy one. Will copper make much difference over the aluminum one?

The Xp-L hi 5K tint is beautiful and the amount of light will blow you away—I use a guppy v1 fet driver—I like the 40% for the medium mode—any higher the light heats up so fast—then I set the turbo timer to 30sec—511 optic with the frost slightly polished off

I like the copper (brass in my homebuilt case) as it allows me to solder the copper DTP directly to the spacer, which is then soldered directly to the pill, so I have a complete DTP all the way from the emitter to the body of the light. I’ve only done this on my FET/XP-L HI light though. My other triples use 3A regulated drivers, so I just Fujiked the PCB to the spacer on those lights due to the reduced power.

You going the long or short S2+ route?

I am VERY happy with the Nichia 219C, aluminum spacer and BLF/MTN electronics 17mm FET+7135 driver with TK’s firmware.

Any of the LED’s you listed would be impressive, the driver/UI is the important part in my opinion. You WILL need a step down with a FET driver…

Long s2+ for now. Are you using the stock 40? sec turbo timer

No I messed up (sort of) and ordered them from RMM with 60 second turbo timers. They get hot, but stepdown makes it barely tolerable. If you order from RMM, get a 30 second turbo timer for the 219C, it does fine with XPG2 S4 2B’s on 60 seconds. The 219C’s make some heat, but the tint is worth it…

I did have a single Nichia 219C in a FET driven 14500 light, WAAAAY too hot for that size light… on an XPL V6 3D, it is fine for a 10 second turbo timer.

On yours, I would spring for the copper spacer if I were to get the 219C’s. I am running mine on 18350’s in a short S2+ with the aluminum spacer. On yours, with a high draw 18650, you could get very high amps and hot quickly. The copper would be worth it in my opinion.

Hello,
I want to build a Triple 219B in a Convoy S2+ but i do not know which driver i should take.
Can someone give me a hint?
And can i use the 10507 or 10508 Carclo Lens with the Nichia LED´s?

You could use a qlite/nanjg for lower power, LD-2 for higher power, or a FET driver, your call

Yes them optics fit Nichia

What is the max current for a 219B / XP-G2?
The XP-G2 is for a Uf-1504 Mod.