BLF Special Edition Zebralight? Maybe next year

Update 5/20/16: They don’t have the production capacity for any new models of any kind right now. They are in the process of moving production back to Texas. Nothing new would be considered until they start producing there, hopefully by the end of the year.

I got the impression that if they had the production capacity something might be possible. I plan on circling back many months from now and see if the situation changes at all.

Update 5/6/16: Feeler email sent out to Zebralight.

This is a wild idea, but there’s never been a BLF Special Edition Zebralight. Special editions don’t seem their style, but to my knowledge no one has asked them before. I haven’t reached out to them yet but I’d like to gauge interest here and if we can put together a team with some good ideas maybe we can make some magic happen.

First off it wouldn’t really be a “budget” light, that’s not really Zebralight’s market and they are pretty strict about retailers not offering discounts. So who is in knowing that it would be a special edition, but not discounted, price?

Also, what could we possibly ask them to do? Other BLF special editions start with a base light and make improvements, but Zebralight has already set a high bar.

Right now let’s collect everyone’s ideas and we’ll see if there’s anything that gets people excited. What’s the wildest or the mildest thing we could ask Zebralight to make for us?

Spitballing ideas:

• SC63Fw - The neutral white SC63 with the frosted lens. They don’t have any other 18650 handhelds that are flood or floody. Should be easy for them to do
  • SCx2 - Two cell version of one of their lights, like a SC5x2 with a double length tube for 2 AAs.
  • SC63knurl - SC63w with HI emitter and knurling on the body
  • SCsneak-peak - Early access to something like SC600Fd Mk. III Plus (with some special BLF engraving?)
  • SC63P - Accepts protected cells
  • SC63NF - UI with no flashy modes
  • SCmag - SC/H model with a tail cap with a magnet in it, maybe just a special edition magnet holding tail cap people can buy to add on to their existing lights? One tail cap would probably be able to fit a whole series of lights.
  • SC63z - Everyone needs a zoomie.
  • Q50 - Release the announced but never released light 4xAA light
  • SC63 SS/TI/CU/BR - SC63 or other light in a special material like ss ti cu brass
  • S6330 - Rerelease classic 3 emitter 3x18650 soup can
  • H600c - H600 body with HiCRI XHP50 and floodiest Carclo 10140 TIR and tailcap magnet.

interesting, subbed

Interested, subscribed.

In :slight_smile:

I’d love to get an SC63w with HI emitter and knurling on the body.

… but somehow I don’t think Zebralight would be interested in making one.

I see this GB nearly impossible to happen as ZL makes them in batches, each batch no less than hundreds of units with the same specs…

There was some talk of this on the Reddit flashlight sub last year. I believe someone there even reached out to Zebra but nothing ever came of it. I’m not sure why, but I’ll report back if I can find out.

Had to check to be sure I was still on BLF :money_mouth_face:

I could spend Zebralight prices, but I won’t- sorry.

Phil

What about a platform they are currently working on but have not yet released?

SC600Fd Mk. III Plus

Minor re-tooling to our specs and quick cash flow for them on their new product introduction.

Just thoughts.

Follow-up: I found that old conversation I remembered. Unfortunately it took place in a private sub so I can’t link it, but it never got very far. Basically the guy emailed Zebralight about doing a custom run of SC62’s with a simple mod - either an emitter swap or frosted lens or something. Zebra was open to the idea and wanted more info from him, including an order quantity. It never seemed to get past that, probably because its a smaller community (or at least was a year ago) and we couldn’t get near the MOQ. An assumption, but a reasonable one.

Understandable, and you won’t be alone. There’s plenty of folks here who will though. I think it could be done.

Interested…18650

I know what would get me to order… light with support for protected 18650s, and drop the flashy modes…

2AA zebralight, I like that.

Interested

Perhaps there is a slight chance they would at least be open to some level of modification, as noted in the second post (#32) on the following page of a thread.
Consideration was given to a woman suffering from night blindness, and they made a customized model for her at the factory, a frosted lens sc62.

Special Order

interested, but will not be holding my breath :partying_face:

I think we can all agree it’s a long shot, but if we put together a serious proposal and ask nicely who knows what we can pull off .

Right now I’m collecting all the ideas into a list in the first post so we can have a place to organize them all. I’ll keep my opinions out of it, this is a brain storming session and all ideas are welcome to the list.

I call dibs on SawMaster’s light.

Interested. Subscribed

yes dont hold your breath else u will die from suffocating :stuck_out_tongue:

How about a 18650 Zebralight Zoomy? (Zebrazoom Mk1)

Even better, a hybrid Zebralight body, UI, and driver, with a LED Lenser zoom optics, available in tints from 3000k to 6000k in 1000k increments.

Oh, I’ve just woken up from my dream.