CRX Magnetic Brass Art - 2016 4th BLF Scratch Made Light Contest Winner

Oh, I feel so outclassed and you’re only half way. Awesome work CRX.

For the diffusion try a bit of tape first to see if you like it. Maybe have some funky design on the tape (inside the tube)…? Just a suggestion.

Good idea, thanks pink.

Or cut a negative, stick it on, spray paint, then remove the negative. Sort of like OL’s flame Mag.

You sir are a mad nutter. Where have you been hiding this skill? This is coming along beautifully. I may have to steel your Plasticine idea sometime. :slight_smile:

Wow! I’m in awe of your imagination and talent.

Part Four – Magnetic Brass UV Light and 10440/ 10180 Charger Module

This battery charger/ UV light module is held together by strong neodymium magnets and friction.
Powered by and charges any length 10mm round cell (10440, 10250, 10180)
Made from 15/32” (11.9mm), 7/16” (11.1mm), 3/8” (9.52mm) and 13/32 (10.31mm) brass tubing and 0.5mm brass sheet.

Height – 80mm
Depth – 12mm
Weight – 26 grams
Parts - 24
Time - 12 Hours

Part five coming up…

Thanks for looking.

Was thinking more micro bat signal.

This is great, I love it! :beer:

I just noticed your vice. Did you make it?

No, i got that years ago from a crazy old antiques dealer i used to know.

+1

I, sir, am also in awe of your imagination and talent. Absolutely amazing work. This is exactly what I hoped for. Members making things by hand like when craftsmen made everything by hand. I can't wait till you do the custom hand engraving on them! Truly awesome work.

This is the right stuff! Reminds me a bit of some of the things I did in the first comp. No way I can repeat that kind of effort but it’s good to see a similar approach again.

:blush:

How awesome! Your creativity is amazing. I am looking forwards to the rest

Thats is real nice. You just keep on churning brass wonders out. :slight_smile:

It might help to put just one section of the build on each page and link them including post number in the op or reserved posts. You need to have people post in the thread to build length for that but I’ll do my part. :smiley: Withholding some until that length is available might be difficult. I know I want to post as soon as I get even a little bit done. I’ve tried a number of things as re editing a long op can get very tedious.

That is smart RBD!

Here you go!
Another post
with many links in my sig should help you get to page 3 faster.

Umm… or how about just reducing the size of the pics, with a link to the full size pics for those who want to see? That should help people who are dealing with slow loading pages and yet still keep everything in a good flow at the same time!

Keep it coming, this is a great build! :beer:

One of the more entertaining builds for sure! Love it!

Just don’t try to get through TSA with that. It would take more than a few minutes to explain.