CRX Magnetic Brass Art - 2016 4th BLF Scratch Made Light Contest Winner

It might help to put just one section of the build on each page and link them including post number in the op or reserved posts. You need to have people post in the thread to build length for that but I’ll do my part. :smiley: Withholding some until that length is available might be difficult. I know I want to post as soon as I get even a little bit done. I’ve tried a number of things as re editing a long op can get very tedious.

That is smart RBD!

Here you go!
Another post
with many links in my sig should help you get to page 3 faster.

Umm… or how about just reducing the size of the pics, with a link to the full size pics for those who want to see? That should help people who are dealing with slow loading pages and yet still keep everything in a good flow at the same time!

Keep it coming, this is a great build! :beer:

One of the more entertaining builds for sure! Love it!

Just don’t try to get through TSA with that. It would take more than a few minutes to explain.

Part Five – Magnetic Brass 10440 Rechargeable Dual Flashlight

This flashlight has a reflectored Nichia 219C D320 5000K emitter for the main light and a Cree Amber XP-E2 low level mule light in the tail.
I was initially going to install a red LED but decided to go with something a little different that i had not used before.
The front light will operate by an electronic side switch controlling a 10mm FET driver and the rear amber LED will operate via a magnetic twist switch of my design with a preset resistor.
This light will also have a micro USB charging port.

Made from 15/32” (11.9mm), 7/16” (11.1mm), 3/8” (9.52mm) and 13/32 (10.31mm) brass tubing and 0.5mm brass sheet.

Height – 80mm
Depth – 12mm
Weight – 34 grams
Parts - 30
Time - 16 Hours

:+1:

+1

I just don’t know what else to say. The awe has only increased.

Just keeps getting better :beer:

This just seems to be never ending. You must have a lot of spare time

No wife or kids & stopped drinking is the answer :wink:

When did this charging board come to be?

I’m with you. Speechless.

Amazed, Stunned and darned glad I'm not competing!

Priceless.

Your switch design using the magnets is pretty awesome. Great work!

It’s salvaged from one of those 10180 rechargeable lights.

Makes a change :smiley:

Thanks OL. Winning or not is not really important to me, i would have made these things anyway but this competition gives me a great reason :wink:
I think i would be totally lost if i could not do this sort of stuff, anyone who knows me would say i’m always making, fixing or changing something. It’s my second favorite passtime :innocent:

Thanks mate :slight_smile:

Great stuff going on, just now started reading the entries! I’m jealous of the time you have for the hobby but even then I would not have the dedication and skills to make anything like this.

It is a great pleasure watching these tiny treasures being built :slight_smile:

I literally watch your picture one by one.
Your work require a lot of effort and patience, it’s dope!

Excellent work and great theme

Wow !

Great work CRX !

This is an awesome set! I really like the lantern, also the UV light is amazing as well. The switch is a nice idea you had there :+1: