CRX Magnetic Brass Art - 2016 4th BLF Scratch Made Light Contest Winner

Great stuff going on, just now started reading the entries! I’m jealous of the time you have for the hobby but even then I would not have the dedication and skills to make anything like this.

It is a great pleasure watching these tiny treasures being built :slight_smile:

I literally watch your picture one by one.
Your work require a lot of effort and patience, it’s dope!

Excellent work and great theme

Wow !

Great work CRX !

This is an awesome set! I really like the lantern, also the UV light is amazing as well. The switch is a nice idea you had there :+1:

Part Six & Seven – Magnetic Brass Sliding Pill Container & Mini Utility Knife/ Repair kit

The fun continues…

So I figured a small cutting edge would be a good thing to have in this kit and maybe some other useful things that can be kept in a small pill container.
Unfortunately my SD card failed on me after taking all the build photos for these two ( the strain must have been more than it could bear :laughing: ) so i will just have to post pictures and describe the nearly finished units.
I’m using the same techniques as the previous builds so you should have a good idea of what’s involved.

Brass Pill Container

For keeping small amounts of useful medicines.
Made from 15/32” (11.9mm), 7/16” (11.1mm), 3/8” (9.52mm) and 13/32 (10.31mm) brass tubing and 0.5mm brass sheet.

Height – 80mm
Depth – 12mm
Weight – 20 grams
Parts - 17
Time - 6 Hours

Mini Utility Repair Knife

For fine cutting tasks, removing stings, splinters etc and sewing repairs, maybe even some fishing :slight_smile:
Made from 15/32” (11.9mm), 7/16” (11.1mm), 3/8” (9.52mm) and 13/32 (10.31mm) brass tubing and 0.5mm brass sheet.

Height – 80mm
Depth – 12mm
Weight – 30 grams
Parts - 22
Time - 6 Hours

Next I will probably start work on the case…

Thanks for looking.

Thanks for showing. This is a real epic of a build. Where are you heading to as there must be a destination at the end? :slight_smile:

I’m not sure, i could go north to the highlands or south to the lake district.
I usually just go out with no destination in mind at all.
I didn’t get away for a camping wander last year and would like to take a week out in september sometime. I prefer the cooler weather.

Part Eight – Magnetic Brass Carry Case

Today I started work on the carry case for all the pieces.
Made from 1/2” (12.7mm), 9/32” (7.14mm), 1/4” (6.35mm) brass tubing, magnets, solder, JB weld, silicone carbide powder, resin, UV glue, 2.5mm copper wire and a 25mm webbing clip.

Height – 84mm
Width - 74mm
Depth – 22mm
Weight, Empty – 100g
Weight, Full - 320g
Parts - 30
Time - 12 Hours

I really like the minimalism of your set. You have just a necessary stuff :slight_smile:

Nice, Scotland has some amazing nature :beer:

So, can you also play it like a pan flute? :wink: But seriously though, nice work on the whole set!

Thanks.
Someone else said the same thing here, could be yet another feature - i’ll give it a try. :laughing:

This flute, sorry I mean cartridge belt, wrong again. This looks simply amazing with what you have used and what was achieved. Love everything about it. Well done. :+1: :beer:

Thanks MRsDNF.

I think i will call this one “The Pipes” :wink:

Oh Danny BOY… The Pipes - The Pipes are Cahhh… ling… :stuck_out_tongue:

Robin, pass me the Bat cartridges.

Back in black. :beer:

^ LOL

I like the contrast of black against the polished brass. What a great build. Astounding attention to detail.

Oh, man, this has really turned out nice! :beer:

A different turn every time I look. Don't care much for the black, but I liked the polished ones and at least there's photos of them to save for posterity. You have probably outdone any one single build ever done and maybe outdone yourself, LOL.

It's been an amazing ride along the way, that's for sure!